Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
111,861 - 111,880 of 114,360 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same garbage. Get a clue about the word" mishmash". All languages do have that.
No substantial answer OF COURSE.

Don't mind, here is my post again:
Stay tuned to the discussion please.
We were talking here about LANGUAGE.
Again, it's doesn't seem to enter your troubled and farting mind, you always have to repeat the stuff 100 times in order to catch a rare bright moment:
- before 400 in Denmark and northern Germany were inhabited by several Germanic tribes, the most important for our story were the Angles, the Saxons and Jutes
- those people spoke Germanic dialects. Those dialects they took with them when they migrated to England after the collapse of the Roman empire
- these dialects are referred to as "Anglo-Saxon"
- arrived in England, the dialects were continued to be spoken
- basically, a person living in 900 could with some effort still understand the Anglo-Saxon spoken by the early emigrants and when he were to travel back to Denmark, also the Anglo-Saxon dialects spoken there
- because it were the Anglo-Saxon dialects spoken in England that gave rise to later English, these are also attested as "Old-English"
- but "Old-English" was highly mutually intelligible with the dialects of the Saxons, Jutes and Angles that didn't make the jump to England
- the big changes that gave rise to Middle-English (~1100-1500) and eventually modern English (>1500) were yet to come.
You are not able to distinguish between ethnicity and language.
You are not able to comprehend gradual change.
You are not able to recognize ancestry.
Yes, when tribes split up and one group is migrating away and the remainder stays at the same spot (or, in case of the Saxons, also migrate in another direction), they eventually will start to speak different languages, develop different habits and customs.
Because:
- the English went to England where Latin was spoken and Celtic languages
- most of the Celtic people started to speak Anglo-Saxon too but took their tongue with them
- after 70 Vikings raided England and founded a kingdom in the North-East, the Danelaw. They spoke Old-Norse which is close to Anglo-Saxon but nevertheless brought a bunch of new words
- in 1066 the Normans conquered England and brought Old-French with them. for long French was the language of the kings' Court, the jurisdiction and the aristocracy.
The Saxons that migrated to the east (nowadays German Sachsen or Saxony) underwent other influences. Similar to English, Old Low German is also attested as "Old Saxon". but the "Old Saxon" in Germany underwent infulences of other languages and gor mixed with other Germanic dialects, like Allemanic, Frankish.
The Old Saxon of Germany was mutual intelligible with Anglo-Saxon (or "Old-English") spoken in England after 400.
HENCE, the ones that migrated to England were, pertaining their language, NOT unlike others. When an "Englishman" of the 6th century were to travel back to northern Germany - maybe as a trader - he would be able with some effort to talk with the "Old Saxons" over there without much ado.
DO YOU GET THE PICTURE AT LAST?
wondering

Sunset, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. Projection is your sin. Not mine. Most people can make it on their own. People that have trouble tying their shoe laces, not so much. People that can't walk and chew gum at the same time, again not so much. Idiots like you that live in mommy's basement, not so much. You are not most people. Most people are not hopeless idiots.
projection is my sin?? you jack wagon are the poster child for projection. you constantly call people stupid, idiots, tards, dumbshits, and liars(the list of names goes on). constantly telling them how they are disliked and ignorant. constantly saying to them how dumb they are and they must not have even finished high school or are still in grade school and live in mommy’s basement. constantly attacking their character and running them down as a person in any form or fashion you can. constantly saying they lie all the time and at the same time when your caught in a lie you whine it is not a lie, it is a mistake. again you are the poster child for projection idiot jack wagon.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
projection is my sin?? you jack wagon are the poster child for projection. you constantly call people stupid, idiots, tards, dumbshits, and liars(the list of names goes on). constantly telling them how they are disliked and ignorant. constantly saying to them how dumb they are and they must not have even finished high school or are still in grade school and live in mommy’s basement. constantly attacking their character and running them down as a person in any form or fashion you can. constantly saying they lie all the time and at the same time when your caught in a lie you whine it is not a lie, it is a mistake. again you are the poster child for projection idiot jack wagon.
I only apply those names to people that have earned them. And over 90% of the time the rudeness started with the various creationists.

If you don't like the insults stick with the topic. When a question is asked answer it. If someone gives you terms either agree to the terms or back off. Let's look at you. You have shown yourself to be a liar and a coward time after time. You are afraid to even clearly state what you believe, you are afraid to learn and earn the evidence that you demand. You are the epitome of the pubescent religious zealot typing away in the basement. If you don't like the names then don't earn them.

Be polite and people will be polite in return. Answer reasonable questions and people will do the same for you.

Now do you want to get back to the subject at hand or would you like some more abuse?
wondering

Sunset, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I only apply those names to people that have earned them. And over 90% of the time the rudeness started with the various creationists.
If you don't like the insults stick with the topic. When a question is asked answer it. If someone gives you terms either agree to the terms or back off. Let's look at you. You have shown yourself to be a liar and a coward time after time. You are afraid to even clearly state what you believe, you are afraid to learn and earn the evidence that you demand. You are the epitome of the pubescent religious zealot typing away in the basement. If you don't like the names then don't earn them.
Be polite and people will be polite in return. Answer reasonable questions and people will do the same for you.
Now do you want to get back to the subject at hand or would you like some more abuse?
remember this post:“you know what i find most amusing about you and at the same time the saddest? it is the fact that i can be gone for 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day or even 2 days. when i come on and post you respond every time within 10-20 minutes. you must actually live for this site and it is your highlight of life. idiot jack wagon”.

you just proved what I said was true. it took you only 16 minutes to reply after I have been gone for 10-11 hours and then come and make a post. you must set on this forum hitting that refresh button constantly lol. you are so predictable it is not even funny, it is rather sad in a way. it would definitely only take a very small brush to paint you stupid you jack wagon.

i told you 10 hours ago I can’t admit that i remember the topic or the discussion we were having because you would call me a stalker for remembering like you did when I remembered the comment about your roommate.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
remember this post:“you know what i find most amusing about you and at the same time the saddest? it is the fact that i can be gone for 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day or even 2 days. when i come on and post you respond every time within 10-20 minutes. you must actually live for this site and it is your highlight of life. idiot jack wagon”.
you just proved what I said was true. it took you only 16 minutes to reply after I have been gone for 10-11 hours and then come and make a post. you must set on this forum hitting that refresh button constantly lol. you are so predictable it is not even funny, it is rather sad in a way. it would definitely only take a very small brush to paint you stupid you jack wagon.
i told you 10 hours ago I can’t admit that i remember the topic or the discussion we were having because you would call me a stalker for remembering like you did when I remembered the comment about your roommate.
No, our schedules are similar, that is all. There are times when I don't respond to you for hours. Once again you are showing that you know nothing of logic or science. You are focusing only on when our timing is the same and ignoring when are timing is different.

And you also showed that I was correct in my early assessment of you. You are a total moron. Plus you don't see how you repeatedly point out by your own words that you are a monumental idiot. Your stupidity is so massive that it would be a full time job painting over all your lack of mental acuity. Meanwhile you claim my faults are exceedingly small and would take only a moment to paint over.

Thank you you idiot stalker and brain dead jack wagon.

I must thank you again for confirming my original impression of you. There are some creationists that can learn. They are few and far between and do not tend to hang around forums. Most of them only lurk if they do and can see that the side that earns the rudeness dealt towards it is the creationist side.

Your upbringing must have been very sad indeed. You don't get enough abuse at home so you have to go out to get some more. Do you feel justified in your idiocy since you get punished so badly for being a moron here? I have seen some creationists that feel this way, they have a bit of a martyr complex. They think that being beat up for being a fool somehow makes them better than others.
wondering

Sunset, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are afraid to even clearly state what you believe"
do you remember this post:

“i don’t believe in anything. i support evolution for science supports it evidence through tested theories, rigorous study testing its own theories, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. the similarities are there to be seen as plain as the nose on your face. now that is your free answer. you now are more in debt and will get no more until you pay up your debt.”.

even though you worded your question of “simply what do i believe’ very poorly(it should have been what do i support. you sound like a creationists by asking what I believe). i answered it with a simple answer as you asked for and it was a very acceptable answer but because you are a jack wagon you said was a lie. that alone shows you are an idiot jack wagon and that trying to discuss anything with you is not about the honesty and truth, it is about what you want honesty and truth to be.
wondering

Sunset, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, our schedules are similar, that is all. There are times when I don't respond to you for hours. Once again you are showing that you know nothing of logic or science. You are focusing only on when our timing is the same and ignoring when are timing is different.
And you also showed that I was correct in my early assessment of you. You are a total moron. Plus you don't see how you repeatedly point out by your own words that you are a monumental idiot. Your stupidity is so massive that it would be a full time job painting over all your lack of mental acuity. Meanwhile you claim my faults are exceedingly small and would take only a moment to paint over.
Thank you you idiot stalker and brain dead jack wagon.
I must thank you again for confirming my original impression of you. There are some creationists that can learn. They are few and far between and do not tend to hang around forums. Most of them only lurk if they do and can see that the side that earns the rudeness dealt towards it is the creationist side.
Your upbringing must have been very sad indeed. You don't get enough abuse at home so you have to go out to get some more. Do you feel justified in your idiocy since you get punished so badly for being a moron here? I have seen some creationists that feel this way, they have a bit of a martyr complex. They think that being beat up for being a fool somehow makes them better than others.
look at all the projection coming from just this one post of yours. you have just shown that my comment of you being the “poster child for projection” holds much truth as well. LOL!. i have to run jack wagon but you keep on that refresh button for i may be back in 7-10 hours.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
do you remember this post:
“i don’t believe in anything. i support evolution for science supports it evidence through tested theories, rigorous study testing its own theories, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. the similarities are there to be seen as plain as the nose on your face. now that is your free answer. you now are more in debt and will get no more until you pay up your debt.”.
even though you worded your question of “simply what do i believe’ very poorly(it should have been what do i support. you sound like a creationists by asking what I believe). i answered it with a simple answer as you asked for and it was a very acceptable answer but because you are a jack wagon you said was a lie. that alone shows you are an idiot jack wagon and that trying to discuss anything with you is not about the honesty and truth, it is about what you want honesty and truth to be.
Let's see links to this supposed quote. If you accurately quoted me you could have linked to the post so I could have read it in context.

It looks like you are trying to come up with excuses for not answering questions honestly. Let's see, in this debate what side very often refuses answer honestly? Oh yes, it is the creatard side.

I see that you still are not clear if you accept the theory of evolution or not. Creatards are very often ashamed of their false beliefs so they will not clearly say what they believe.

One guess who is looking more and more like a creatard with every post.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
look at all the projection coming from just this one post of yours. you have just shown that my comment of you being the “poster child for projection” holds much truth as well. LOL!. i have to run jack wagon but you keep on that refresh button for i may be back in 7-10 hours.
Not one bit of projection in that post.

Do you even know what projection is? Why do creatards always use the arguments that are used against them incorrectly? What a sad excuse of an idiot you are.

One thing about wondering he does run away occasionally. Sometimes he may actually have something to do, other times it is obvious because he cannot take getting his ass whupped anymore.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

HMT 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
....represented by a caucus of zombies. This is what the current interpretation "zombie" by Hollywood producers and in all mass media is all about
...without JUST SAYING IT.
Do you mean, meth head, or fundamentalist or both?
wondering

Sunset, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see links to this supposed quote. If you accurately quoted me you could have linked to the post so I could have read it in context.
It looks like you are trying to come up with excuses for not answering questions honestly. Let's see, in this debate what side very often refuses answer honestly? Oh yes, it is the creatard side.
I see that you still are not clear if you accept the theory of evolution or not. Creatards are very often ashamed of their false beliefs so they will not clearly say what they believe.
One guess who is looking more and more like a creatard with every post.
Just to humor myself and show again you are a lying idiot jack wagon, here you go.

Subduction Zone wrote:-- Come on you piece of used butt wipe. What do you believe and why? Why are you so afraid to make a simple statement?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TC7...

wondering wrote:-- i don’t "believe" in anything. i support evolution for science supports and backs its evidence through thorough tested theories, rigorous study, testing its own theories repeatedly, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories again and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. the similarities are there to be seen as plain as the nose on your face. now that is your last free answer. you now are more in debt and will get no more until you pay up your debt. i hope this was put simple enough for you to understand.

Subduction Zone wrote:-- Then why are you acting like a creatard? Why don't you accept reasonable evidence? Why do you demand ridiculous amounts of evidence?
Evolution has been rigorously tested at all levels. It has passed. You are a lying creatard plain and simple and won't even admit to it.

Subduction Zone wrote:-- By the way that was not an answer since it was clearly not honest.
Try again tard.

now keep that refresh button warm. i will be back later idiot jack wagon.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to humor myself and show again you are a lying idiot jack wagon, here you go.
Subduction Zone wrote:-- Come on you piece of used butt wipe. What do you believe and why? Why are you so afraid to make a simple statement?
wondering wrote:-- i don’t "believe" in anything. i support evolution for science supports and backs its evidence through thorough tested theories, rigorous study, testing its own theories repeatedly, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories again and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. the similarities are there to be seen as plain as the nose on your face. now that is your last free answer. you now are more in debt and will get no more until you pay up your debt. i hope this was put simple enough for you to understand.
Subduction Zone wrote:-- Then why are you acting like a creatard? Why don't you accept reasonable evidence? Why do you demand ridiculous amounts of evidence?
Evolution has been rigorously tested at all levels. It has passed. You are a lying creatard plain and simple and won't even admit to it.
Subduction Zone wrote:-- By the way that was not an answer since it was clearly not honest.
Try again tard.
now keep that refresh button warm. i will be back later idiot jack wagon.
Hey!! my stalker is back again.

These posts belie what you claimed earlier. You did not accept human evolution since there was not enough evidence to support it. That was on another thread and I do not feel like going back that far to look for your idiocy. All I have to ask is do you accept human evolution or not? If you don't you are the lying jack wagon That was why I said your answer was not honest.

Creatards are always trying to lie by quoting out of context. If you leave out what caused the initial disagreement you are clearly quoting out of context.

If you are willing to say that you accept the evolution of humans from other apes I will be truly amazed.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay any attention to bohart. He is inconsequential at best.
Ha,Ha, this whack job is one of yours!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

HMT 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T CRY, I DEFEND ORTHERS FROM CRIMINALS LIKE YOU.
I WILL REPORT YOU
YOU HAVE BEEN RECORDED
YOU WILL NOW FACE CRIMINAL CHARGES
I WILL NEVER RELENT
YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN
YOUR PARENTS ARE NOT CITIZENS
BECAUSE THEY TAUGHT YOU NOTHING.
YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES: LEARN OR DIE
What a mental case! You know Obama care just might pay for those meds you desperately need!....Ha,Ha,Ha, then again just empty the drool bucket under your nose.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

HMT 123 wrote:
BETTER YET, Come to Hemet CA so I can treat you like a MAN should have treated you a long time ago.
You're the kind of coward that picks a fight and the cops have to rescue you, before arresting you. Going to jail by way of the hospital-
LMAO
Hemet! a festering boil on the buttocks of humanity , inhabited by pustule laced , syphilis infected trolls looking to further infect mankind. Those like you though have to use a keyboard to spread the virus of your incomprehensibility . Back fool!, crawl back into the putrid boil and never again be- devil the age of man.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hemet! a festering boil on the buttocks of humanity , inhabited by pustule laced , syphilis infected trolls looking to further infect mankind. Those like you though have to use a keyboard to spread the virus of your incomprehensibility . Back fool!, crawl back into the putrid boil and never again be- devil the age of man.
Now I want to stop everyone right here and highlight this fine example of good Christian love and sharing of Christ's teaching. I commend bohart for his fine witnessing here on Topix.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
your biggest problem is you being in today’s knowledge you seem think that is how the bible should have been written. you for some unforsaken reason can’t fathom they did not have today’s knowledge, words, tools, technology, etc etc. 4500+ years ago they didn’t have much at all compared to today.
Bereft of meaning.
wondering wrote:
now again I will give you a working definition of kind as used in the bible. the bible speaks of two "kinds of animals". 1) clean, 2) unclean. so technically there is your working definition for "kind" in the bible. they did not have clade. They did not have domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus or maybe not even species. What they spoke of, being they were not as knowledgeable as we are today, were two --"kinds"-- of animals as follows; animals of the same kind---"clean" and animals of the same kind---"unclean".
cud-chewing animals with split hooves such as cattle, sheep, goat, deer and gazelle, etc were of the same” kind”……-clean
salt and freshwater fish with fins and scales were of the same “kind”…..-clean
birds such as chickens, turkeys and pheasants were of the same” kind”……-clean
insects such as locusts, crickets and grasshoppers were of the same” kind”……-clean
all other insects were of the same “kind”…..-unclean
other birds and other flying creatures such as birds of prey, ostriches, storks, herons, bats, etc. were of the same “kind”…..-unclean
four-footed animals with paws such as cats, dogs, bears, lions, tigers, etc. were of the same “kind”…..-unclean
camels, rabbits and pigs were of the same “kind”…..-unclean
catfish, lobsters, crabs, shrimp, mussels, clams, etc were of the same “kind”…..-unclean
moles, mice and lizards were of the same “kind”--- unclean
Please explain where you got the quote "kinds of animals".

Because I dont see them in Leviticus...

"Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying,'These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever..." [Book of Leviticus]

Nope.

No such implication anywhere there.

Furthermore, to place animals into groups such as clean and unclean is to categorize them.

Therefore the implications of "kind" as used in the bible remain general.

You are misrepresenting what the bible suggests to say the least.
wondering wrote:
you don’t have the faintest clue about science. you just regurgitate what has been said or what you read and most of the time you don’t understand either of what you read or hear. now shut up you idiot jack wagon. we are tired of you whining.
you don’t have the faintest clue about science. you just regurgitate what has been said or what you read and most of the time you don’t understand either of what you read or hear. now shut up you idiot jack wagon. we are tired of you whining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

...we hold that God is eternal...in order to know if the thing you are studying is eternal, you would have to be eternal and you are not. SO THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A SHADOW OF DOUBT.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on. Please don't be an idiot. If there is any evidence for God I would like to hear it. No metaphysical bullshit please.
Your remark suggests that you identify or equate the "eternal" with the metaphysical.

But the only way for you to avoid metaphysics is to willfully neglect the fact that matter/energy had to come from somewhere.

If matter and energy came from somewhere then to search for them is to look "beyond" the physical for the physical would have been caused by something beyond it. So you must logically and naturally proceed towards metaphysics.

If matter and energy did not come from anywhere, then either it does not exist or it is eternal; having no beginning and hence no real end. So you would be claiming metaphysics quite point-blankly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your definition of kind is worthless. All you did was to mumble some garbage and expect us to lap it up.
No scientific definition of kind here.

Where is it so that I can compare it with the biblical one.
Subduction Zone wrote:
I don't care if you believe in a god or not, That is not really the topic here, The topic is evolution.
/QUOTE]

I don't care if you believe in a god or not, That is not really the topic here, The topic is evolution VS CREATION.

[QUOTE who="Subduction Zone"]
If people are stupid enough to refer to the Bible I gladly explain to them why that is a bogus thing to do. My pointing out the failed use of kind for example.
But keep trying. You at least have not shown yourself to be a lying incompetent fool in the way that wondering has.
You have utterly failed to present a scientific definition of "kind" for comparison with the biblical use of "kind".

Until you do, you are jabbering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

EQUALITY:
". equivalency, parity, correspondence, SAMENESS; justice,***FAIRNESS***, impartiality. " [http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/equality]
CONFORM:
" TO BE SIMILAR TO OR THE SAME AS something"
[http://www.merriam-webster.co m/dictionary/conform
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your definitions were of no help. Once again, I see no way that 'conforming' can modify the word 'equality'. Two things are either equal or they are not. If they are equal, I would say they 'conform to equality' and if they are not equal, I would say that they do not 'conform to equality'. That is clearly NOT what you are meaning, but I cannot find any actual meaning in your words...
But all you have done is suggest that what I claimed has no meaning and and then suggested the same thing that I mean and behave as if it means something.

equality + conform = "TO BE SIMILAR TO OR THE SAME AS" + "equivalency"

To conform to equality suggests "to be similar to (that which has) equivalency."

How is that much different from "If they are equal, I would say they 'conform to equality' "?

You thought pattern is quite in-equitous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••