Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223191 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#117906 Jul 13, 2014
Correction:

The fact is that there is a need to distinguish between the condition of "not any thing" AND a quantum condition or case where there is something that may be described as "nothing".
wondering

Morris, OK

#117907 Jul 13, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Describe the what they meant that they probably did not know what they meant either.
<quoted text>
Technically their kind already existed in the "Consciousness of God", so in a manner of speaking; the "ARCHETYPE" of all things already existed.
That may be another way of saying all things existed as their potentials, prior to there formation.
god has a conscious? how does that work when he lets so many suffer starving and so many suffer from disease and then let so many die die young from both all the time. he consciously does all that on purpose?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#117908 Jul 13, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is of no value. I have told you both in private message and openly that a version that does not allow you to test to groups to see if they are of the same kind or not is worthless. It is a term without any meaning behind it.
So how would I form a definition such as "category" or "class" for "kind", if there was no "test"?

Are "different types" not observable in nature?

Are you mad?
Subduction Zone wrote:
Since you are denying evolution I will ask you if beagles and German Shepherds are the same kind or not. Why or why not?
DID I DENY EVOLUTION?

LOL!!!!!!!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117909 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
No.
I do because I actually do the research and acquaint myself with the culture and methods of thinking of the people who influenced its writing.
<quoted text>
Actually, I think I'll just call it "Grandiose and delusional.. the whole package"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are trying to equate "kind" as used in the Bible as somehow fitting into modern taxonomic rankings?
Do you see anyone else here promoting themselves to "Hand of God"?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117910 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
So how would I form a definition such as "category" or "class" for "kind", if there was no "test"?
Are you mad?
<quoted text>
DID I DENY EVOLUTION?
LOL!!!!!!!!
If you accept evolution then what are you doing here with a name like HOG?

But at least it is good to know that you accept the theory of evolution. If you want to pretend your invisible friend had a hand in man's evolution it does not bother me. Of course we all know that the Adam and Eve myth is bogus. It is a story of a corrupt religion. Thankfully most Christians don't give it anything more than lip service.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117911 Jul 13, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
technically their is only "a" kind. we all, every living thing evolved from the same life form that started life. so all of life is of the technically same kind because we all descend from the very first life form. now you can call different clades or kingdoms, phylum, class, order, family, tribe, genus, species, ect or whatever but they are nothing more than labels of how we try and do separate them into smaller groups. the true only "kind" being we all evolved from that first spark of life is the "living kind" and after death there is the "dead kind"
Clades are a useful tool in biology. Yes technically all life belongs to one giant clade. But you can start a clade anywhere. It could be as small as you and any of your offspring. As long as a clade is properly defined it can help us separate animals into useful groups.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117912 Jul 13, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Clades are a useful tool in biology. Yes technically all life belongs to one giant clade. But you can start a clade anywhere. It could be as small as you and any of your offspring. As long as a clade is properly defined it can help us separate animals into useful groups.
you are trying to use clade too simply. my off spring would also have to include the other parent in that clade.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#117913 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Why dont you try me?
<quoted text>
Your attempt to put common and local knowledge away from me is futile.
I have presented a definition of "kind".
Now is it in direct conflict with whatever definition of "kind" you have or not?
<quoted text>
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?
<quoted text>
Does there need to be?
Except there are several examples of "kinds" in the bible , not just the ones you presented. It's a fact that in the bible "kind" was a very loose term.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#117914 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you mad?
<quoted text>
DID I DENY EVOLUTION?
LOL!!!!!!!!
That'll do pig.

Level 9

#117915 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you mad?
<quoted text>
DID I DENY EVOLUTION?
LOL!!!!!!!!
You know God is going to get upset when he finds out what you have been touching with His hand.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117916 Jul 13, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That'll do pig.
that was a good movie. "the replacements" is were that quote came from. the little australian kicker talking to the big sumoa boy linebacker during practice.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117917 Jul 13, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That'll do pig.
and/or maybe it was shrek

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#117918 Jul 13, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You know God is going to get upset when he finds out what you have been touching with His hand.
Yeah but he touched his own head way too much.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117919 Jul 13, 2014
lol i am wrong on that one. shrek was the donkey not pig.

Level 9

#117920 Jul 13, 2014
That would be Farmer Hoggett in the movie Babe from 1995. But the Replacements was hilarious.

I got you the ball.
You got me the ball.
I got you the ball.
You got me the ball.
I got you the ball.
Go sit down now, Danny.
Ok.

I think that guy is smoking on the field.

Hey wait a minute, I didn't know the Hand of God was in that movie.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#117921 Jul 13, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
That'll do pig.
Best line of the movie.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#117922 Jul 13, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now I want to stop everyone right here and highlight this fine example of good Christian love and sharing of Christ's teaching. I commend bohart for his fine witnessing here on Topix.
Since when do you believe in Christ?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#117923 Jul 13, 2014
HMT 123 Observatory wrote:
YOU are FABULOUS! Where did you learn to Shakespear like that?
Actually you sound pre-suicidal or something. You need the meds
before you massacre a bunch of innocent people and get on the news.
Shakespear? what the hell is that ? something you hunt with in!

Level 9

#117924 Jul 13, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do you believe in Christ?
Who said I didn't? This is a science forum, there is no reason for it to have to come up.

Still, I am not surprised at your poor behavior.

Level 9

#117925 Jul 13, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Shakespear? what the hell is that ? something you hunt with in!
This kids, is why you need to stay in school. You may want to strike out on your own, but you don't want to end up like this. Stay in school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 35 min quilterqueen 9,639
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 36 min what a russsh 5,705
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 37 min what a russsh 7,438
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 38 min what a russsh 18,008
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 40 min quilterqueen 3,208
True False Game (Jun '11) 41 min quilterqueen 16,008
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 44 min quilterqueen 10,678
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr quilterqueen 150,854
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 226,047
More from around the web