Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Morris, OK

#117774 Jul 11, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>We do, but some of us don't have to post outrageous lies because we feel inferior, Dr Branson, PhD. ROFL!
i also see you are the community snitch being you reported HOG to the authorities for making life threats to poly, which was a complete lie on your part. he said he found poly's lifeless dead body after he shot his self in the head(suicide) and then put two in his chest. kind of hard to threaten a mans life when he is already dead don't ya think?
HMT 123

Honolulu, HI

#117775 Jul 11, 2014
"Cosmo"<quoted text> >>Wondering ???
So you never been there? STFU
HMT 123
re·spect
/ri&#712;spekt/
noun
noun: respect
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
"the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor"
synonyms: esteem, regard, high opinion, admiration, reverence, deference, honor More
"the respect due to a great artist"
antonyms: contempt
•the state of being admired or respected.
"his first chance in over fifteen years to regain respect in the business"
•due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.
plural noun: respects
"respect for human rights"
synonyms: due regard, politeness, courtesy, civility, deference More
"he spoke to her with respect"
antonyms: disrespect
•a person's polite greetings.
plural noun: respects
"give my respects to your parents"
a particular aspect, point, or detail.
"the government's record in this respect is a mixed one"
synonyms: aspect, regard, facet, feature, way, sense, particular, point, detail More
"the report was accurate in every respect"
verb
verb: respect; 3rd person present: respects; past tense: respected; past participle: respected; gerund or present participle: respecting
admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
"she was respected by everyone she worked with"
synonyms: esteem, admire, think highly of, have a high opinion of, hold in high regard, hold in (high) esteem, look up to, revere, reverence, honor More
"she is highly respected in the book industry"
antonyms: despise
U got any of this?......../
1:36 PM pst

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#117776 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever do anything more than whine? go paint your nails.
LOL I'm going to paint you stupid.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#117777 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i also see you are the community snitch being you reported HOG to the authorities for making life threats to poly, which was a complete lie on your part. he said he found poly's lifeless dead body after he shot his self in the head(suicide) and then put two in his chest. kind of hard to threaten a mans life when he is already dead don't ya think?
Use some manners boy, spit that Hog's leg out your mouth while typing.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#117778 Jul 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"One could as easily provide a list of cars over the years and claim that these cars evolved, when we know it was intelligent design that brought about the change."
That sounds real good, except the fact that we know every animal is slightly genetically different, and over time this means change is inevitable.
As matter of fact it is a criteria in the definition of life, the ability to adapt, simply meaning life evolves, and no amount of horse puckey such as your above statement will change the fact life evolves, has evolved and will evolve. So you see no intelligent design is necessary .
One major falsification of ID is that if it were true, animals would not go extinct, and bloodlines would not perish. Unless you have a bigoted designer and equality is not a prerequisite to it's nature. So Heil Hitler to your intelligent designer Mr. messianic114.
This is nothing but rhetotic, there is not one shred of verifiable data in anything you have presented.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#117779 Jul 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Two new species of American Goatsbeards (genus Tragopogon) which can hybridize with each other, but cannot reproduce with their original European stock.
You seem to think that when people have tediously come to realize that providing information and evidence to creatards is a waste of time, it "proves" no such information or evidence exists. You be wrong.
Am I understanding this correctly that you still have a goat?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#117780 Jul 11, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is nothing but rhetotic, there is not one shred of verifiable data in anything you have presented.
To the contrary all I presented was verifiable facts.

In biology, whether life is present is determined based on the following seven criteria:

It should maintain some balanced conditions in its inner structure. This is called Homeostasis
Its structure is highly organized.
It should be able to break down or build up nutrients to release or store energy based on need. This is called Metabolism
It should grow, which means its structure changes as time goes by in an advantageous manner.
It should show adaptation to the environment.
It should be able to respond to environmental stimuli on demand (as opposed to adaptation, which occurs over time).
It should be able to reproduce itself.

* It should show adaptation to the environment.
(this is evolve)

The majority of the functional DNA is identical for all animals within a species because it codes for critically important proteins,
essential for the creation of a viable organism. For some genetically controlled characteristics there are, however,
a number of possible ‘options’. These take the form of slightly different DNA codes which result in animals with slightly different appearance,
survival or production characteristics. These may be, for example, differences in coat colour or differences in the efficiency of a particular
natural hormone influencing growth rate.

http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/t0559e/t0559e02...

If you doubt it ..

http://lastresistance.com/2429/white-house-pe...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117781 Jul 11, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is what the theory of evolution predicts. Technically we are still "fish". There is no change of "kind" with evolution. The problem is with your limited perception of what a "fish" is.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#117782 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry me a river you poor baby. HOG gets reported by somebody every time he shows up.

Are you really this stupid?

I forgot. Yes.
HMT 123

Honolulu, HI

#117783 Jul 12, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Cry me a river you poor baby. HOG gets reported by somebody every time he shows up.
I forgot. Yes.
[ "i also see you are the community snitch being you reported HOG to the authorities for..."]
..........isolation of the victim.
Cyber bullying laws pretty clearly state that the INTENTION behind the words is an important factor in determining whether or not message/s can be defined as abusive.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117784 Jul 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I'm going to paint you stupid.
lol. bring a big brush and pack a lunch. it would take you quite awhile to paint me stupid.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117785 Jul 12, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Cry me a river you poor baby. HOG gets reported by somebody every time he shows up.
I forgot. Yes.
you cried the river over HOG's comment. I built a bringe and got over his comment. you need a hanky to wipe your tears?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117787 Jul 12, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you have not proven you cannot survive with out a roommate. matter of fact you said you charge them rent. so you are making money from it which adds to your survival. i have had several people and their kids live with me for up to 1 1/2 at times. i never charged them a penny for they were having trouble and i was glad to be able to help them out.
1. you have a roommate and evidently have for over a year.
2. you charge them to live there
3. that is making money to aid in your survival
4. if i say again you have a roommate because you can't survive on your own it is not proven wrong until you can show you can live on your own.
And the stupid continues. You made the claim, it is up to you to prove it. All you have shown is that I get rent. You did not even ask how much rent.

And I agree with your statement to Aura, he is going to need a damn big brush. I don't think I have ever seen such a big mess of stupid so badly in need of paint.

It is nice to see that I was correct when I started to berate you for being a moron.
HMT 123

Honolulu, HI

#117788 Jul 12, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you have not proven you cannot survive with out a roommate. matter of fact you said you charge them rent. so you are making money from it which adds to your survival. i have had several people and their kids live with me for up to 1 1/2 at times. i never charged them a penny for they were having trouble and i was glad to be able to help them out.
1. you have a roommate and evidently have for over a year.
2. you charge them to live there
3. that is making money to aid in your survival
4. if i say again you have a roommate because you can't survive on your own it is not proven wrong until you can show you can live on your own.
Subduction Zone: You should NEVER post personal information like this- I read the actual post at the time and I've been worried for you since.

Wondering:
Legally you can be nailed on this one /\.
I don't have to report you or attempt to paint you 'cuz i'm about to paint a little picture of my own that's from history. By the time i'm done you'll be seeking assistance from a Psychiatrist.
Irony is, many of the people posting on this thread already know this story and they giggle to themselves as THEY assist you in the futile attempt to keep your secret. You and many others share this 'condition' yet none of you have ever seen it in a presentation as one body of information.

I use information to create evolution. You're using it to hurt someone.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117789 Jul 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And the stupid continues. You made the claim, it is up to you to prove it. All you have shown is that I get rent. You did not even ask how much rent.
And I agree with your statement to Aura, he is going to need a damn big brush. I don't think I have ever seen such a big mess of stupid so badly in need of paint.
It is nice to see that I was correct when I started to berate you for being a moron.
lol I am glad you agree with Aura. It will take a big brush to paint me stupid. you on the other hand i could be painted stupid in about 1.5 seconds with a pin stripe brush.

It doesn't matter how much you charge them. if you did not need it you would not charge them. point shown jack wagon.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117790 Jul 12, 2014
HMT 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subduction Zone: You should NEVER post personal information like this- I read the actual post at the time and I've been worried for you since.
Wondering:
Legally you can be nailed on this one /\.
I don't have to report you or attempt to paint you 'cuz i'm about to paint a little picture of my own that's from history. By the time i'm done you'll be seeking assistance from a Psychiatrist.
Irony is, many of the people posting on this thread already know this story and they giggle to themselves as THEY assist you in the futile attempt to keep your secret. You and many others share this 'condition' yet none of you have ever seen it in a presentation as one body of information.
I use information to create evolution. You're using it to hurt someone.
the only thing you know about/of a psychiatrist is the one you see every other day. you need to tell them your med are not working and they need to change them up.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117791 Jul 12, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking this UTTER stupid questions?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117792 Jul 12, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I am glad you agree with Aura. It will take a big brush to paint me stupid. you on the other hand i could be painted stupid in about 1.5 seconds with a pin stripe brush.
It doesn't matter how much you charge them. if you did not need it you would not charge them. point shown jack wagon.
Good we all agree that you are a heaping stinking pile of stupid while there is very little of me that is stupid at all.

So did you ever want to get back to the subject at hand or are you going to impress us even more with your unbelievable amounts of stupidity?

Oh no, he still wants to add on to his ignorance.

Yes, I charge a nominal rent. I could hardly be said to profit by it.

Just as Bill Gates needed at that extra money after his first billion dollars, otherwise he could have given away quite a bit of microsoft programs etc.. Now I am definitely not Bill Gates rich, but then I do not profit from my roommate either. But then any finance higher than how much you next comic book is going to cost is probably beyond you.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117793 Jul 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good we all agree that you are a heaping stinking pile of stupid while there is very little of me that is stupid at all.
So did you ever want to get back to the subject at hand or are you going to impress us even more with your unbelievable amounts of stupidity?
Oh no, he still wants to add on to his ignorance.
Yes, I charge a nominal rent. I could hardly be said to profit by it.
Just as Bill Gates needed at that extra money after his first billion dollars, otherwise he could have given away quite a bit of microsoft programs etc.. Now I am definitely not Bill Gates rich, but then I do not profit from my roommate either. But then any finance higher than how much you next comic book is going to cost is probably beyond you.
let’s say you rent a two bedroom townhouse for $1600 per month. the rent is going to be $1600 per month if you live alone or with roommates or if you are buying your house and the mortgage is $2000 a month and it will be $2000 per month whether you live alone or with a roommate. so again if you let someone live with you and charge them rent it is because you need the money. now making them pay for their own food is a different story. i have never charged a friend to stay/live in my extra rooms when they needed them even for over a year. that is logic jack wagon.

bill gates gives more away in a year than most families, including siblings will make in a lifetime. so what is your point on that?
what was our point we were talking about? i would hate to let you know i remember it then you would accuse me of stalking again.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117794 Jul 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't comprehend very well do you. the smaller the brush it would take to "paint you stupid" the more stupid you are and the less strokes it would take to paint you stupid because you are already there. that is why i said i could paint you stupid in 1.5 seconds with a pin stripe brush. idiot jack wagon lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Silverwing 218,951
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 4,308
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 1 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 2,675
News Serena to McEnroe: Leave me out of it 1 hr Rick Perry s Closet 2
A six word game (Dec '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 21,067
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Bad Bex 2,745
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 5,807
What Turns You Off? 4 hr twowheelsforever 646
More from around the web