Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204718 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Morris, OK

#117677 Jul 11, 2014
i guess i should say Hispanic to be politically correct.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#117678 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It originated in northern Europe, yes, by who? The Angles, Saxons, and Jutes who happens to be the ancestors of the English , Danish, and Germans, etc.
So, if you are a right thinking person, you will know that the English or people of England are the originators of the language.
The Northern Europeans as you listed, thanks.
Say what? It originated in the northern Europe of Denmark and Germany so it originated in England – what have you been taking, does your nurse know? Moe to the point does you psychiatrist know?
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117679 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yes just like many claim to hold PhD's on here. why would someone with a PhD waste their time on topix. let that sink in and think about it.
Can't you just STOP your terrible TATTLES?
It is disgusting to see you rant around here like a farting arsehole.

So what are YOUR daily occupancy? Let's assume you are a salesman.

"yes just like many claim to be salesman on here. why would someone like a salesman wastes his time on topix. let that sink in and think about it."

FART. POOP. STINK.
That's all the only picture I get of you.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117680 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
today 17% of the US population is Mexican - Aztec descent. by 2050 they are expected to be 60% of the US population.
Don't tattle all day.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117681 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall have to correct on your TATTLE with every post you produce.
The "others in Britain, North America, Australia" were also influenced by northern Europe as well.
Let's take North America. The current population of the USA and Canada, consists of people of:
- English descent
- German descent
- Irish descent
- Scandinavian descent
- Dutch descent
- Belgian descent
- French descent - in Canada French is still an official language along with English
- Polish descent
- Czech descent
- Russian descent
All those people brought their influences with them.
People of German ancestry make up the largest single ethnic group in the United States.
Even today 20% of the American population speaks another language than English on a daily basis.
Contrariwise!
The concept, United states, were done by the colonist, who are majorly of the English descent. So, if they were other cultures then, it was English that took the upper hands. Can you deny that?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117682 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tattle all day.
you are the tattler. do some research. you can start here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_... .

Level 2

Location hidden

#117683 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall have to correct on your TATTLE with every post you produce.
The "others in Britain, North America, Australia" were also influenced by northern Europe as well.
Let's take North America. The current population of the USA and Canada, consists of people of:
- English descent
- German descent
- Irish descent
- Scandinavian descent
- Dutch descent
- Belgian descent
- French descent - in Canada French is still an official language along with English
- Polish descent
- Czech descent
- Russian descent
All those people brought their influences with them.
People of German ancestry make up the largest single ethnic group in the United States.
Even today 20% of the American population speaks another language than English on a daily basis.
To your statistics again, you mentioned Ireland, Scotland, Wales, all in Britain, they were influenced by who? England!
And again, what is the official language of the US?
Is it German, Dutch, Celtic, and others? No, but English. Look before you leap.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117684 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a numpty of little intelligence. It developed in England.
It originated and went into further development in England. Don't try to be smart. The evidence is clear.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117685 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you just STOP your terrible TATTLES?
It is disgusting to see you rant around here like a farting arsehole.
So what are YOUR daily occupancy? Let's assume you are a salesman.
"yes just like many claim to be salesman on here. why would someone like a salesman wastes his time on topix. let that sink in and think about it."
FART. POOP. STINK.
That's all the only picture I get of you.
you must like stench. the words fart, poop, stink always come out of your mouth. but what ever floats your turds. some foreigners do have a poop fetish.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117686 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No English didn't originate in England. It originated form Denmark and northern Germany.
I TRIED to explain you that.
But you failed to address it MISERABLY.
You only REPEAT the same crap without ANY progression in your argumentation.
NEXT time not only learn about the origin of languages but ALSO how to debate.
And it is getting worse with every post your muddled head produces: "English originated in England just like German, Dutch and Danish , all Germanic languages from the tribes, I have atleast educated you a bit".
So you are trying to "educate" me here that German, Dutch and Danish, like English, originate in England?
Try also to write comprehensible sentences next time.
You are saying the same mess.
So why are the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes referred to as the ancestors of the Germans, Dutch, Danish and English?
Are you dumb?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117687 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
A ad hom in its most blatant form.
truth is truth no matter what you label it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117688 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Northern Europeans as you listed, thanks.
Say what? It originated in the northern Europe of Denmark and Germany so it originated in England – what have you been taking, does your nurse know? Moe to the point does you psychiatrist know?
Too blind to see!
Others will understand what i was trying to say, if you say, Germany, why is English not native to the Germans?
And again, Denmark, why is English not native to the Danes?
Do your home work and shut up for once.
canser suxs

Faribault, MN

#117689 Jul 11, 2014
Creationist say something cant come from nothing yet they say there creator has just always been SOMETHING FORM NOTHING.

If a god created all things who created this god? CANT COME FROM NOWHERE RIGHT?

Level 6

#117690 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Google it. And see for your self concerning the population issue.
And again, the Angles, Saxons, and the Jutes, are the ancestors of the originators of the German language( Germany), English language( England), and the Danish language( Denmark).
Use your brain.
Yup I did google it, did you? Hell no, you can’t have done otherwise you would not have uttered yet another stupid statement – or perhaps you would despite the facts.
There are around 800,000 Scots that live in England which is a long – long way less than half of 5.3 MILLION
And around 870,000 Irish (both northern and southern Irish) which again is a long way short of half of 6.4 MILLION

Yes of course the English are ancestors (for the most part) of the Northern Europeans, as I told you 2 years ago, nice to see you are slowly coming to accept the facts
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117691 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
truth is truth no matter what you label it.
An ad hom is an ad hom, no matter what you label it.
An ad hom is NOT to be applied in decent debate, NO MATTER you want to label it.
It is SHIT and FARTING STINK, NO MATTER you want to label it.

Level 6

#117692 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish.
You don't turn the truth upside down in the name of sentiments.
The evidence is very clear, England is the only country in Europe that is native to English. Others in Britain, North America, Australia, were all influenced by England and not northern Europe.
Liar, I provided academic data that you ignored, not my problem if you are ignorant.

Whereas what have you done?– stomp your foot, verbalise obfuscation (example what have North America and Australia got to do with it) and say you are right because you say so . And why should people believe you despite ALL the evidence that proves you wrong?
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117693 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Too blind to see!
Others will understand what i was trying to say, if you say, Germany, why is English not native to the Germans?
And again, Denmark, why is English not native to the Danes?
Do your home work and shut up for once.
Yes others will understand what you say and consider it TATTLE.

"Why is English not native to the Germans".
Oh Boy.

CRAP and CABOODLE.
Please next time some SENSIBLE reasoning.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117694 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
An ad hom is an ad hom, no matter what you label it.
An ad hom is NOT to be applied in decent debate, NO MATTER you want to label it.
It is SHIT and FARTING STINK, NO MATTER you want to label it.
just like every time you or anyone says someone is an idiot, stupid or ignorant is is a ad hom.for you are attacking them.

Level 6

#117695 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Says what?
Your so called Northern Europeans, were also the same people that left for England.
Until you both understand that, continue to play the IDIOTS!
So called? So what would the great god Charlie Idiot call the people of northern Europe? Chinese? Brazilians? Martians?

Yes they left northern Europe and settled in England importing their language(s) with them – therefore that language did not originate in England. But since then the language has developed.

Level 6

#117696 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a confused dreamer. The evidence is there for all to see, except the two of you, and may be some others who use to think upside down like you both.
The evidence that you have ignored. Not my problem

Honey, at least they think, unlike you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 4 min Irony 8,790
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 8 min avon5735 13,693
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min 8541 MARINE 59,647
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 1 hr Ferrerman 671
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 2 hr Calisportsgirl 5,107
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Calisportsgirl 19,649
Word Association (Mar '10) 2 hr Calisportsgirl 21,070
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 197,278
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Knock off purse s... 33,139
More from around the web