Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201013 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117656 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup - so what does this make any difference to the fact that English language developed from earlier northern European languages with some southern European influence and a more modern bits from elsewhere around the world?
No it does not. You are rambling and obfuscating because you have nothing else and are a loser
BTW, please provide your data that shows more than half the population of Scotland and (Northern) Ireland are in England – your oxymoron is noted but no doubt you will pretend otherwise
Google it. And see for your self concerning the population issue.

And again, the Angles, Saxons, and the Jutes, are the ancestors of the originators of the German language( Germany), English language( England), and the Danish language( Denmark).
Use your brain.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117657 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant to our discussion.
Try another straw to grasp.
And you are the straw man. You post rubbish and expect me to be quiet about it, no!
If English did not began in England, how come they did the spread?
I have told you also that all languages are a mishmash of one another, don't ascribe that to English alone. Those Germanic tribes are migrants, which we actually don't know where they came, but they settle in North of Europe and finally spread to another areas.
ENGLAND is one of such place. So why would you object the origin there?

Level 2

Location hidden

#117658 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is how it was as described by validated historical evidence, the evidence I provided is academic and scientific, not what I said and stomped my foot as you do.
Just a few posts ago you agreed that it began in northern Europe and developed in the UK. Where did you get these goalposts that move at will?
That we admit the facts are facts and do not need to make up stories and lies to justify being anglophile of little intelligence and no experience is no one’s fault but your own
Gibberish.
You don't turn the truth upside down in the name of sentiments.
The evidence is very clear, England is the only country in Europe that is native to English. Others in Britain, North America, Australia, were all influenced by England and not northern Europe.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117659 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? This is what I have been saying for 2 years – and now you move your goalposts to agree with me? Go figure, the great god Charlie Idiot is evolving
Says what?
Your so called Northern Europeans, were also the same people that left for England.
Until you both understand that, continue to play the IDIOTS!

Level 2

Location hidden

#117660 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, juts fact, live with it.
You are a confused dreamer. The evidence is there for all to see, except the two of you, and may be some others who use to think upside down like you both.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117662 Jul 11, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The English language, as spoken in most parts of England today started in England.
"English" in America, Australia, Canada and other parts of the world are NOT the same as in England, and could be categorized as "American English", "Australian English", etc.
The English language has therefore *EVOLVED* from the parent language of the mother language ("ENGLISH English") into their present state in those countries.
There are parts within AMERICA where different dialects are spoken that representatives of these areas would have difficulties understanding other dialects. FURTHER "evolution" of the language.
Partly true. The English originally came from the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and finally settled in England, giving rise to the English, who finally settled in US, Canada, etc, and other places.
So, from that, you will see that you are wrong partially in your conclusions.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117663 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Says what?
Your so called Northern Europeans, were also the same people that left for England.
Until you both understand that, continue to play the IDIOTS!
As I tried to explain YOU all the time.
Now you are replying others with MY stuff.
It is getting worse with every post you produce.
But if you want to copycat me, do it correct:
- the northern Europeans were not the same people that left for England because there were more Germanic tribes in northern Europe that DIDN'T left for England and the ones who did, the Jutes, Saxons and Angles, also went elsewhere.

The IDIOT is now copycatting his opponents position trying to save his ARSE.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#117664 Jul 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So Northern to migrate where would that place be in the US?
Is it in view from the up stairs really like a an anthill and people scatter every day...
Hard to keep track of them especially when they come inside we snuff them...
Maybe that is an attitude love thy visiting bugs what to ants really like to fest on?
In Europa with in to travel was always alright driving through the east never was a problem...
Where are you locked up at? Where do they have you ponder on life? Or is your mommy feeding you at special times maybe you are speaking for someone I know...
SOunds to me like you are a SENIOR?:)
I don’t know about the US, I think there may be a state called Migrate somewhere close to California. I remember a guy by the moniker RR (now become a queen) ranting and raving about all the migrants that live near him.

Watching ants is perhaps a more rewarding than being an ant and watching the bottom of the shoe come down.

I have my own stories of travelling in Eastern Europe and I and assure you that 6 AK47s being cocked and aimed at you because your shoes set off the metal detectors in a semi military airport can have a very loosening effect on the bowels. And do you know what all those grey and blue trucks emblazoned with the word “Albania” carry when driving around the Black Sea States. There were hundreds and hundreds of them and it aroused my curiosity so I looked it up and discovered that the only thing Albania export’s is electricity.

Locked up? Moi!!!, I am free to wonder at will and senior? I hope not, I am half way through an average life.
Tinka wrote:
Are you Spanish? LOL
A world at Large so what would the % be of Americans never having ventured outside let alone outside of a box...
Mind set on possessions and the power to hold on to everything and more...
Yikes really old people can be freaking mean outright ugly...
Spanish, no, European, yes born in Britain.

Around 65%of Americans have not ventured past the borders – the 35% who have travelled abroad include those travelling on Military ID

So can teenagers and have you ever walked near a school playground at break time. It may sound sweet but listen to the words. That’s life...
wondering

Morris, OK

#117665 Jul 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I used fingernail polish to paint the blood drips coming from the tigers eye I embedded in the hilt of my custom katana tsuka ito once.
if it was not made by Hattori Hanzo then it is junk.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117666 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So where did the word “garage” originate?
Angst?
Anger?
Bagel?
Birth?
How about “die”? You seem to be fascinated with death?
Or one closer to home for you, where did the word “god” start?
Or you “troll”
May I humbly suggest that if you don’t know what you are talking about then perhaps choosing another subject that you do know something about would be a wise move.
A simple dictionary will tell you not only the word and it’s meaning but also its origin. Use one.
Shut up and learn. Both of you are liars, don't bend the truth because it is very clear for all to see.
What is Anglo, Anglican, Angles, Anglophones, Anglopheres, etc?
All is connected to England before any other. Use your brain.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117667 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish.
You don't turn the truth upside down in the name of sentiments.
The evidence is very clear, England is the only country in Europe that is native to English. Others in Britain, North America, Australia, were all influenced by England and not northern Europe.
I shall have to correct on your TATTLE with every post you produce.

The "others in Britain, North America, Australia" were also influenced by northern Europe as well.

Let's take North America. The current population of the USA and Canada, consists of people of:
- English descent
- German descent
- Irish descent
- Scandinavian descent
- Dutch descent
- Belgian descent
- French descent - in Canada French is still an official language along with English
- Polish descent
- Czech descent
- Russian descent

All those people brought their influences with them.
People of German ancestry make up the largest single ethnic group in the United States.
Even today 20% of the American population speaks another language than English on a daily basis.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117668 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
the jack wagon thinks he is smart but cannot even support himself. that alone says so much about them.
A ad hom in its most blatant form.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117669 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lie some more.you always ask for scientific evidence for god when you know science is not capable of such evidence or tests. that alone shows your ignorance for asking such a foolish question which you know cannot be answered for the answers do not exist in science..
Yes, science is capable of that but you CAN'T PROVIDE it.
If you can't provide scientific evidence for a phenomenon, you FAIL in the scientific sense.

The scientific method is perfectly fitted to give evidence for Bigfoot.
But the ones who think that Bigfoot exists, FAILED to provide it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117670 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
- the northern Europeans were not the same people that left for England because there were more Germanic tribes in northern Europe that DIDN'T left for England and the ones who did, the Jutes, Saxons and Angles, also went elsewhere.
So, tell me what you are up to?
They went to other places, and others stayed behind to become other people.
Those that left for England became the English unlike others. So, you can see where English really began.
Use your common sense.

Level 6

#117671 Jul 11, 2014
Stuart Cudahy wrote:
<quoted text> ouch, ouch, ouch, and verily ouch. A man must have stolen your car, drank the last of the milk, and given you VD before you woke up. Is this how the sexes must interact? Stu
To date I have never had my car stolen and it is insured so hey, ho.
I willingly share my milk and I am quite happy with black tea or coffee so lack of milk may mean the world to you but is meaningless and petty in the reality of the situation.
And if a man gave me anything while I was asleep he would need to remember that he too must sleep sometime.
Considering the alternatives I think they interact very well, certainly my marriage is warm and loving and above all HONEST. But maybe that’s because I am not married to a misogynous prig of little intelligence.
But your guesswork and naively are noted

My dreariest Stu, if that guy wants to vomit chauvinist claptrap in the name of his god on a public thread then he should expect some side effects. As perhaps you do too,
wondering

Morris, OK

#117672 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall have to correct on your TATTLE with every post you produce.
The "others in Britain, North America, Australia" were also influenced by northern Europe as well.
Let's take North America. The current population of the USA and Canada, consists of people of:
- English descent
- German descent
- Irish descent
- Scandinavian descent
- Dutch descent
- Belgian descent
- French descent - in Canada French is still an official language along with English
- Polish descent
- Czech descent
- Russian descent
All those people brought their influences with them.
People of German ancestry make up the largest single ethnic group in the United States.
Even today 20% of the American population speaks another language than English on a daily basis.
today 17% of the US population is Mexican - Aztec descent. by 2050 they are expected to be 60% of the US population.

Level 6

#117673 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Educate yourself, Dumb, the Angles, Saxons, And Jutes are the Ancestors of the English, Danish and Germans, etc, by that English started in England.
You are a numpty of little intelligence. It developed in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117674 Jul 11, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you now know who the idiot is/ are?
Those that stayed behind became the Germans, Dutch, and Danish, while those that left became the English.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#117675 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that to yourself. English originated in England just like German, Dutch and Danish , all Germanic languages from the tribes, I have atleast educated you a bit.
No English didn't originate in England. It originated form Denmark and northern Germany.
I TRIED to explain you that.
But you failed to address it MISERABLY.
You only REPEAT the same crap without ANY progression in your argumentation.
NEXT time not only learn about the origin of languages but ALSO how to debate.

And it is getting worse with every post your muddled head produces: "English originated in England just like German, Dutch and Danish , all Germanic languages from the tribes, I have atleast educated you a bit".

So you are trying to "educate" me here that German, Dutch and Danish, like English, originate in England?

Try also to write comprehensible sentences next time.

Level 6

#117676 Jul 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Learn. Because you are just babbling. All languages are a mishmash of one another.
The issue is that, English became that in no where except in England. More of your babbling like your Anglophobic mate.
You are a numpty of little intelligence – English developed in England derived from many different languages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Sharlene45 194,138
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 7 min CJ Rocker 3,447
2words into 2new words (May '12) 14 min CJ Rocker 2,810
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 15 min CJ Rocker 11,705
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 16 min CJ Rocker 13,421
News Woman drove for days in Alaska with husband's b... 16 min Christsharian Col... 9
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 17 min CJ Rocker 13,750
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Revised 8,455
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 2 hr Family man 145
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 hr Jack 7,790
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Zani Grey 32,645
More from around the web