Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195152 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Sunset, TX

#117633 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
And on more important point on scientific evidence, since Dan let the cat out of the bag. It is evidence that support or opposes a scientific theory or hypothesis. If you don't have at the very least a scientific hypothesis then you do not have any scientific evidence that supports your idea.
Creationist scientists, and there are a few scientists that do support creationism, have been shown to be wrong so many times that they are now gunshy. They will not openly support a hypothesis of creationism.
Now we don't have to know how God made everything to have a theory of creationism. No, the bar is far lower than that. All they have to do is to explain the diversity of life in the light of what the Bible teaches.
Between the two of us now you have what scientific evidence is in a nutshell.
If evidence supports a theory it is by definition positive scientific evidence for that theory. It does not matter if you do not like the evidence. It supports the theory. Now since every fossil ever found supports the theory of evolution, and there is always the possibility of finding fossils that do not support the theory of evolution. And since creationists have no explanation for the fossil record that has not been debunked. Therefore all fossil evidence supports evolution and evolution only. We have literally mountains of fossils. In fact there are mountains made of purely of fossiliferous limestone and all of those fossils support evolution. Therefore we have literally mountains of evidence supporting evolution.
duh!!! what is the scientific method as i said in my explanation? hello!!! there ya go idiot jack wagon!

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#117634 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
And on more important point on scientific evidence, since Dan let the cat out of the bag. It is evidence that support or opposes a scientific theory or hypothesis. If you don't have at the very least a scientific hypothesis then you do not have any scientific evidence that supports your idea.
Creationist scientists, and there are a few scientists that do support creationism, have been shown to be wrong so many times that they are now gunshy. They will not openly support a hypothesis of creationism.
Now we don't have to know how God made everything to have a theory of creationism. No, the bar is far lower than that. All they have to do is to explain the diversity of life in the light of what the Bible teaches.
Between the two of us now you have what scientific evidence is in a nutshell.
If evidence supports a theory it is by definition positive scientific evidence for that theory. It does not matter if you do not like the evidence. It supports the theory. Now since every fossil ever found supports the theory of evolution, and there is always the possibility of finding fossils that do not support the theory of evolution. And since creationists have no explanation for the fossil record that has not been debunked. Therefore all fossil evidence supports evolution and evolution only. We have literally mountains of fossils. In fact there are mountains made of purely of fossiliferous limestone and all of those fossils support evolution. Therefore we have literally mountains of evidence supporting evolution.
Sorry. I don't expect this loser to provide anything. He is just going in circles and I got impatient. On a related question, is he his own pivot man?

I just figure we might as well come out an state it rather than wait for that sniveling coward to wonder around like a blind rat in a shithouse.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117635 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i have said what i think it is. you and your buttt buddy said i was wrong. so correct me, that is the challenge. put up or shut up. you got nothing jerk jack wagon
5th fail on your part
What an utter moron, I see between your so called 5th and 6th fail there was a time period of only two minutes. This is an extremely slow site when it comes to uploading new posts. I did not see this post until after I had seen where you falsely claimed I failed 6 times.

What a Maroon! What a complete ignoranimus!!
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117637 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has made any claims about testing for god except for you, you shit eating moron.
And no, your short version was woefully inadequate. Again, you forgot what the evidence is supposed to support or oppose.
I have never claimed about testing for god. you demand scientific evidence for god. so do tell what test science has that would test for god? how does science test for god. what would science test for? where would science test at for god?

if you tell them what test you want science to do, then maybe you could get them to show you that scientific evidence you want for god.

but as i said you and i know there is no scientific test for god. science does not know where to test, what to test, how to test or even have a test at their disposal to use to test for god. so it is a bogus demand when you ask for scientific evidence for god. if science doesn't know how and point blank can't test for god then there will be no scientific evidence for god. let that think in while you think about that.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117638 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What an utter moron, I see between your so called 5th and 6th fail there was a time period of only two minutes. This is an extremely slow site when it comes to uploading new posts. I did not see this post until after I had seen where you falsely claimed I failed 6 times.
What a Maroon! What a complete ignoranimus!!
so how is topix's fault that you saw the later post before the prior one? even if it is slow the 5th did post before the 6th correct?

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#117639 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yes just like many claim to hold PhD's on here. why would someone with a PhD waste their time on topix. let that sink in and think about it.
Perhaps because we like making fun of butt lickers like you.

I can pretty much tell the level of science education a person has had from what they post. You should be just about ready for your fifth year of fourth grade by my reckoning. That is if you don't have to quite because your sister is pregnant with your 3rd child.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117640 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
duh!!! what is the scientific method as i said in my explanation? hello!!! there ya go idiot jack wagon!
Again you moron you forgot the most important part. What the evidence is applied to.

But then you have shown yourself to be an utter fool time after time.

You don't seem to realize how important that this evidence must be applied to a theory or a hypothesis. You probably have taken the false dichotomy that either it is evolution or Biblical creationism. If evolution is wrong, and that is about the biggest if in the world, there are a myriad of possibilities. In fact we know that Biblical creationism is not the answer since it has been shown to be wrong.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117641 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. I don't expect this loser to provide anything. He is just going in circles and I got impatient. On a related question, is he his own pivot man?
I just figure we might as well come out an state it rather than wait for that sniveling coward to wonder around like a blind rat in a shithouse.
duh!!! what is the "scientific method" as i said in my explanation? hello!!! there ya go idiot jack wagon! you took the long way i cut it short. who is the idiot. yep that would be you.

again i said "science evidence is what qualifies as evidence. rigorously tested, repeatedly tested evidence with the scientific method."
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117642 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you moron you forgot the most important part. What the evidence is applied to.
But then you have shown yourself to be an utter fool time after time.
You don't seem to realize how important that this evidence must be applied to a theory or a hypothesis. You probably have taken the false dichotomy that either it is evolution or Biblical creationism. If evolution is wrong, and that is about the biggest if in the world, there are a myriad of possibilities. In fact we know that Biblical creationism is not the answer since it has been shown to be wrong.
again; what is the scientific method? it is not a hard question
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117643 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps because we like making fun of butt lickers like you.
I can pretty much tell the level of science education a person has had from what they post. You should be just about ready for your fifth year of fourth grade by my reckoning. That is if you don't have to quite because your sister is pregnant with your 3rd child.
maybe i like making fun of idiot jack wagons like you. let that sink in. well damn maybe we are here for the same reason

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117644 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never claimed about testing for god. you demand scientific evidence for god. so do tell what test science has that would test for god? how does science test for god. what would science test for? where would science test at for god?[/quote]

No I didn't. I said we can test for the Biblical God. That is not a test for god in general.

You are really whiffing every time you take a swing today. Testing for the God of the Bible is not testing for god.

Here, let's look at a simple analogy. Let's say we have an unknown animal. Luckily we have a test on hand to see whether it is a cat or not. It fails the cat test. We have shown that that animal is not a cat. We have not shown that the animal is not a mammal. Proving that one specific god does not exist is not proving that all gods do not exist. Proving that an animal is not a cat is not proving that that animal is not a mammal.

QUOTE]
if you tell them what test you want science to do, then maybe you could get them to show you that scientific evidence you want for god.
Again, I never made any claims about testing for god, You are the only idiot who has even brought up the idea of a general test for god.
but as i said you and i know there is no scientific test for god. science does not know where to test, what to test, how to test or even have a test at their disposal to use to test for god. so it is a bogus demand when you ask for scientific evidence for god. if science doesn't know how and point blank can't test for god then there will be no scientific evidence for god. let that think in while you think about that.
Nice strawman you have there. I see that you are not willing to let it go.

Isn't it amazing that you can win a debate when you are arguing against what no one claimed?

Again you are tipping your hand and showing that you are a fundamentalist creatard. A test for your God is not a test for all gods.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117645 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
again; what is the scientific method? it is not a hard question
Sorry moron. You don't get to ask questions just yet.

You still don't understand even the outline of scientific evidence yet.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117646 Jul 10, 2014
I have to get up early so it is off to bed.

I will see if wondering has learned anything when I get up tomorrow.

I seriously doubt if he will have.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117647 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I never made any claims about testing for god, You are the only idiot who has even brought up the idea of a general test for god.
<quoted text>
Nice strawman you have there. I see that you are not willing to let it go.
Isn't it amazing that you can win a debate when you are arguing against what no one claimed?
Again you are tipping your hand and showing that you are a fundamentalist creatard. A test for your God is not a test for all gods.
lie some more.you always ask for scientific evidence for god when you know science is not capable of such evidence or tests. that alone shows your ignorance for asking such a foolish question which you know cannot be answered for the answers do not exist in science..
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117648 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry moron. You don't get to ask questions just yet.
You still don't understand even the outline of scientific evidence yet.
and to top it all off you cannot even support yourself. you have to have a roommate to even survive. what a loser idiot jack wagon.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#117649 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and to top it all off you cannot even support yourself. you have to have a roommate to even survive. what a loser idiot jack wagon.
What a massive case of projection, why do you say things like this?
Is it because snotty faced little girls like you, just can't help themselves?
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117650 Jul 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
the jack wagon thinks he is smart but cannot even support himself. that alone says so much about them.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117651 Jul 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't i tell you last time that you when you just spout in and out leave me be and go back to painting your nails?

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#117652 Jul 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't i tell you last time that you when you just spout in and out leave me be and go back to painting your nails?
I used fingernail polish to paint the blood drips coming from the tigers eye I embedded in the hilt of my custom katana tsuka ito once.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117653 Jul 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what – are you off you skull or what? Too much brennivín can effect you like that
Honey, I don’t cry for blithering idiots of little intelligence, I consider they are responsible for their own stupidity
You would not know the truth about the history of Briton (and England) if it dropped on your face and farted
Learn. Because you are just babbling. All languages are a mishmash of one another.
The issue is that, English became that in no where except in England. More of your babbling like your Anglophobic mate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Whiskey Trip 188,997
one word (Apr '11) 4 min Knock off purse s... 6,913
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 6 min Knock off purse s... 3,740
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 6 min Knock off purse s... 2,378
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 7 min Knock off purse s... 3,195
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 8 min Knock off purse s... 2,915
Post any FOUR words 9 min Knock off purse s... 493
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 17 min Spotted Girl 1,685
Offbeat's Cutest Couple (Sep '13) 36 min TARIQ conquered S... 592
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 144,032