Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222784 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 14

Gympie, Australia

#117602 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not up to me to prove, I have provided facts from various sources that have passed peer review and corroborate each other as all the proof you should ever need. As to whether you accept those proofs is entirely up to you. And this is where the willingness to learn from fact as opposed to wish on bronze age mythology comes into the question
Funny how it’s always the man who exhibits the trophy wife as his pride, you never see any trophy husbands do you?
This may be your dream and fervent wish of how a woman thinks but it is nothing more than your dream and wish and a long, long way from reality. I will let you into a little secret, women have deceived men for millennia with,‘ohh you are the best’. Men are so easily convinced when then the object of such praise is themselves.
Would you really like your wife to tell you that she has slept with far better lovers than you? She may have but she is not going to tell you, it will upset your ego and you would make her life hell for being honest.
Or that she is turned on by the handsome hunk she sees in the gym?– She may be but she is not going to tell you becuse it would upset your ego and you would make her life hell for being honest.
Or that size does matter but she says it doesn’t just to satisfy your ego?
And why does she deceive you so? Because she (most probably) loves you and does not want to hurt you.
And I guess that you as a man who thinks so much of his own worth compared to a lowly woman will stomp your foot and say garbage without actually consulting you wife in her true feelings
ouch, ouch, ouch, and verily ouch. A man must have stolen your car, drank the last of the milk, and given you VD before you woke up. Is this how the sexes must interact? Stu

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#117603 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and what is stopping you from telling what scientific evidence is besides your own ignorance of what it is?
You are challenging. You tell us or like you say STFU!

Level 9

#117604 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
i have challenged both smithvilledan and zonesub to tell what scientific evidence is. they fail to do so. losers they are and that is that. idiot jack wagons is all they will ever be. evolution to them is hidden behind a word game because they don't understand science and how it works.
Yet you are not even going to tell us what scientific evidence is. Sad really to watch someone struggling in water too deep for them. Ah well, he doesn't appear too sharp and probably thinks drowning is how you swim.

Since: Mar 14

Gympie, Australia

#117605 Jul 10, 2014
Wicca is just a word. Homo sapiens, the children of the conscious Godhead. It's easy to take potshots at fools, just don't do it. We are the shared. Stu As in Babylon so we are today.

Level 9

#117606 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
i have challenged both smithvilledan and zonesub to tell what scientific evidence is. they fail to do so. losers they are and that is that. idiot jack wagons is all they will ever be. evolution to them is hidden behind a word game because they don't understand science and how it works.
How do you know where I live? Don't say I mentioned it because I never have the specifics. Are you someone else pretending to be a new poster? I bet you are. We have seen this before. It seems to be a common practice among the lower echelons.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117607 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
a change is not speciation. you may be taller than you dad,. have different hair color or eye color than your dad. you dad may have had allergies where as you don't. that is change not speciation.. sorry try again.
I know. A change is not NECESSARILY speciation. The Lenski experiment was an example of speciation. Your ignorance cannot be used as a weapon in a debate.

Sorry try again.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117608 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you are not even going to tell us what scientific evidence is. Sad really to watch someone struggling in water too deep for them. Ah well, he doesn't appear too sharp and probably thinks drowning is how you swim.
i have said what i think it is. you and your butt buddy said i was wrong. so correct me, that is the challenge. put up or shut up. you got nothing jerk jack wagon

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117609 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> i said. show me what you deem as qualifying scientific evidence and then show that science has tried testing for god and looking for god with those methods. come on shirley lets see what you got.
No you moron. You have to agree to participate. I am not going to "just tell you".

And I never said that tests were used to look for god.

Where do you get these moronic ideas from? I said that the God of fundamentalists can be shown not to exist. I said nothing about the concept of gods in general. You are showing your true colors. Only idiot fundies assume that there God is the right god.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117610 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
what is stopping you from telling what it is besides your own ignorance of what it is?
You have to agree to learn. Otherwise you will deny the evidence as you have already done. You don't get anything here for free.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117611 Jul 10, 2014
it is called computer science. you should learn it some day. it is very useful. you are of course north of highlandville, you should come south to branson some time. i can get you in many of shows free. my family owns 1/4 of the strip and much more around town. . back to the point/ you say i am wrong about scientific evidence so correct me and tell what it is.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117612 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and what is stopping you from telling what scientific evidence is besides your own ignorance of what it is?
Because like me he is too wise to cast pearly before swine.

Hmm, perhaps we should call you Arnold.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117613 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
Actually you ran away like a coward again.

Why are you so afraid to learn?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117615 Jul 10, 2014
there smithville. decipher that and get back with me
wondering

Morris, OK

#117616 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you ran away like a coward again.
Why are you so afraid to learn?
i have said what i think it is. you and your buttt buddy said i was wrong. so correct me, that is the challenge. put up or shut up. you got nothing jerk jack wagon

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117617 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i have said what i think it is. you and your butt buddy said i was wrong. so correct me, that is the challenge. put up or shut up. you got nothing jerk jack wagon
Aah, homophobic as well.

So we get a sharper and sharper picture of wondering. Abused by his father, very timid, not too bright, and a latent homosexual too boot. Boy, you are one messed up kid.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117618 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i have said what i think it is. you and your buttt buddy said i was wrong. so correct me, that is the challenge. put up or shut up. you got nothing jerk jack wagon
I also pointed out that you are wrong.

You need an attitude adjustment. You have to at least pretend that you are willing to learn.

Level 9

#117620 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you poor thing. You don't have a clue do you. If you have said it then you shouldn't have trouble repeating it to me, since I have not seen it. Since you won't, I can only conclude you have no idea.

Is ranting, belligerent and ignorant all you want to be known for on here? I might add drunk or equally impaired as you seem to be all over the place.

Since you aren't going to answer my questions, I will go ahead and provide you with what you don't know. Scientific evidence is empirical evidence or evidence found from either experiment or observation. It must generally adhere to the scientific method and support or refute hypotheses or theories. It can be in the form of actual specimens, test results, quantities, counts, charts, graphs, tables, photos, drawings, readouts, and measurements. It is often analyzed with varying statistical methods appropriate to the experiment so the evidence can be statistical estimates of all the relevant data.

I know, I know, but I couldn't wait for you to go through a series of posts blathering on about how others are less than you and never actually providing an answer to my request. Your silly games just slow things down, confuse the issues and your general animosity is unnecessary and further impedes discussion. You should consider counseling. I'm serious about that.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117621 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
“No” they stayed in Northern Europe, Britain is classed as Northern Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe
Wrong again, Northern Britain, when the Saxons etc invaded was sparsely populated and the reason they had such success (no opposition). They came in fairly small numbers, the average ship would uncomfortably hold up to 100 to 150 people, warriors, wives, children, livestock and equipment. The few warriors would invade and settle one area. Just a few such ships were all that was needed to settle northern England, Scotland and much of Ireland.
And yes they brought there language (Thank you – at last) that developed into (with lots of side roads) into the language of today. As I have been telling you for 2 years and moving your goalposts makes no difference.
Educate yourself, Dumb, the Angles, Saxons, And Jutes are the Ancestors of the English, Danish and Germans, etc, by that English started in England.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117622 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I also pointed out that you are wrong.
You need an attitude adjustment. You have to at least pretend that you are willing to learn.

5th fail on your part
wondering

Morris, OK

#117623 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I also pointed out that you are wrong.
i think i may have have scared your buddy off. he did not know his location is not safe even if he has it hidden. which is why he has it hidden so he can be a jerk and a jackass to everyone and feel safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 min Sublime1 10,426
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min david04 27,699
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 3 min andet1987 900
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 3,676
One Word (Jan '09) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 18,358
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min LIM 76,756
Word association (Jun '07) 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 6,931
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 27 min andet1987 17,671
True False Game (Jun '11) 29 min andet1987 15,589
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr david04 6,111