Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197404 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#117552 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
this whole thread minus polymath(even though the tard disrespected me) and maybe chimney for he seems righteous as well the rest are nothing but a bunch of whinyass idiots trying to talk about things they don't know or understand. both lie for their cause and all crap aside science has no test for god, does not know how to test for god, has no clue what to test for god but has many many test for evolution so when asked for evidence of evolution you should proudly put forth that evidence for evolution and show it instead of being a whinyass idiot jack wagon. if you really want to disprove god of the bible, don't whine because there is no test that has evidence. come up with a test and show the evidence and show them wrong.
the whole freaking argument is about evidence. if you have it show it.
if it is asked for it, then it should be shown if it exists.
if it doesn't exist then just admit it.
if it has never been tested for or not known how to test for it,,,don't complain instead come up with a scientific test that can be used to test it. asking a plain person to show scientific evidence for god is just plain obtuse! anyone here knows there is no scientific test or evidence for god because IN SCIENCE those test DO NOT exists because science is not trying to prove or disprove god!!, not one test exists for god, so when you are asking for scientific evidence for god you automatically know there is not any way science does tests for god. which makes that question one of the dumbest, meaningless, cop-out, worthless, idiot jack wagon questions you science geeks could ask!
I take it that you don't consider this post to qualify as that of a whiny-assed idiot. You will have to explain to me what sets it apart from that classification. I am not seeing it.

Really? I can't imagine Polymath disrespecting you. That is odd.

Level 9

#117553 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
It is amazing that with all of wondering's complaining about not being given any evidence that he has not taken the positive step of actually learning what evidence is.
Does it seem like he is afraid to learn to anybody else?
From the reading, I get the impression that he doesn't understand evidence, observation, species, speciation or evolution among other concepts. But what do I know.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117554 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what qualifies as evidence. You idiots continually show that you do not understand what counts as scientific evidence. I would be wasting time to show you any evidence. Now if you have a special definition for evidence that I am unaware of,and that is widely accepted I am willing to learn what you think qualifies as evidence.
So are you ready to learn yet or are you satisfied with your idiot status?
<quoted text>
I see that you are still stuck on stupid. If your god supposedly did some of the things that you idiots try to claim that he did there would be evidence of those events. If God made Adam and Even 6,000 years ago there would be evidence of that event. If God flooded the Earth 4,500 years ago there would have been evidence of that event. Since there is no evidence of those events the logical conclusion is that they did not happen.
1. does science currently have tests for god?
2. does science currently tests for god?
3. does science even know what to test for god?
4. does science even know where to test for god?
5. does science even know what a god may be?
6. does science have evidence for god?

if you answer "no" to any of the above questions then you are a coward idiot jack wagon to ask for such scientific evidence for god because you know science does none of the above and only scientific evidence is what mattes. it is that simple idiot jack wagon!

on the other hand
1. does science currently have test for evolution?
2. does science currently test for evolution?
3. does science even know what to test for test for evolution?
4. does science even know where to test for evolution?
5. does science even know what evolution is?
6. does science have evidence for evolution?

if you answer yes to any of the above then produce it when asked or STFU! don't use cop outs to avoid it.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117555 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>What is your definition of species? All those things you are excluding are evidence of evolution.
I don't know of any evidence that shows a real time emergence of a new species from an existing one. Not being able to show that does not invalidate evolution. We have evidence of speciation, but what you are demanding would, I think throw a wrench into the theory of evolution rather than support it.
You seem to think observation is limited only to that which is occurring now and to every member of the population in which it is occurring. It is not. I can sample a field for the presence of resistant Helicoverpa zea. It does not mean I examine every single H. zea in the field. It would be impossible. I use proven techniques and get an estimate of the resistant population from numerous observations or samples of the H. zea in the field. You can demand that someone collect every insect, but I doubt it will change the percentage determined from the numerous observations in my initial samples.
You can use these techniques to determine the frequency of the resistance gene in the population as well. You don't need to collect 150,000 H. zea per acre to do it.
don't play stupid word games. the scientific definition for a species being a different species is what is at hand and you know it. don't be a duck dodger and try to side step with simplistic word games. the post stays as it is written.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117556 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a fact for any idiot(you) can go and dig some rocks up and see that the fossils are not the same as today.
You oversimplified gravity, you worthless idiot, so I oversimplified evolution. Your stupid test tells us nothing about the rate of acceleration, whether larger objects fall faster or slower than smaller objects.your test only tells us that things fall down. My test only tells us that things change. Neither really prove anything about gravity or evolution.
As usual you show that you are totally ignorant about ALL aspects of science.
What a tard.
idiot jack wagon. large objects and small object will only fall at the same speed in a complete vacuum.

Level 9

#117557 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a f**king retard. you always ask for evidence of god from creationists but never provide the evidence of evolution they ask for because you say they are not worthy. that is all just a cop out because you cannot provide the evidence they ask for.
science has no test for god! science does not test for god! science has no clue how or what to test for god! what does that mean? that means there is no evidence for god because science is clueless in how or what to do when it comes to testing for god. your argument of show evidence for god is nothing but a weak, useless, pus*y cheap coward cop out. cry for you know as well as i know there is no test for god that science has at their disposal. now science does have tests and evidence for evolution so when you are asked by someone you should gladly and proudly dish that out to them unless you are not sure of that evidence then you hide behind "you have not earned that yet" which again is a pus*y cheap coward cop out.
here is the deal jack wagon. when asked to produce what evidence you have for evolution. you should gladly and proudly produce it. you want evidence of god talk then to science and come up with a test that would either show or disprove god. until then STFU and just deal with things. answer when/as asked and stop the nonsense, bs, babyass whining! you lying, idiot, coward jack wagon.
Is that Jack Wagon related to any of them Wagons over by Willow Springs or down Koshkonong way? You know there was a famous heteropterist (entomologist that studies true bugs) from Koshkonong. Harry Hazelton Knight detailed the North American genera and species of the family Miridae nearly single-handedly and described over 1300 species in the order.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117558 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
It is amazing that with all of wondering's complaining about not being given any evidence that he has not taken the positive step of actually learning what evidence is.
Does it seem like he is afraid to learn to anybody else?
it is you that is afraid to produce said evidence for you and i both know species to species evolution has never been observed in life. only similarities in the fossil record and in molecular biology.

show me wrong. species to species during living life as we have seen it.

Level 9

#117559 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
don't play stupid word games. the scientific definition for a species being a different species is what is at hand and you know it. don't be a duck dodger and try to side step with simplistic word games. the post stays as it is written.
My you are testing and there are at least 26 definitions of a species in science that I know of. My point isn't a dodge, it is to show that you don't even really know what you are asking. It is that simple. You are now using simplistic word games and name calling to crawfish around the fact that you haven't got a clue how a species is defined. Not a very good job of it either.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117560 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Cryptic species. Closely related species that are morphologically indistinguishable. They are completely different species that look the same. How do you propose determining if speciation is going on right in front of our eyes with a couple of these. Examples I am aware of are in the leaf hoppers (Heteroptera:Cicadelidae) and (Diptera: Tephritidae). Both these contain a fair number of cryptic species groups.
Then of course the question of what definition of species you use. Morphological, ecological, biological and molecular definitions exist. The traditional definition I learned from high school through college is the biological definition that defines a species as a population that is reproductively isolated from other populations and any interbreeding only results in sterile offspring.
Others may be able to provide examples that I am not aware of, but the fastest speciation I am aware of is on the order of 15,000 years (African cichlids) to 50,000 years (grasshoppers). The cichlids for instance are endemic to Lake Victoria (there are species in all of the great African lakes) in Africa. These species are not found anywhere else. Core samples show that 15,000 years ago, the lake did not exist and was a grassland with a stream in it. Over time the lake was formed and the seed population of one or a few cichlid species rapidly evolved into approximately 500 species found no where else (I may have said that).
since you want to play a word game,, let cut through the chase. you tell what science considers specitation to speciation. that will not only save much time it will also cut through your word games.

Level 9

#117561 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
if you answer "no" to any of the above questions then you are a coward idiot jack wagon to ask for such scientific evidence for god because you know science does none of the above and only scientific evidence is what mattes. it is that simple idiot jack wagon!
on the other hand
if you answer yes to any of the above then produce it when asked or STFU! don't use cop outs to avoid it.
You are really wound up. Relax. Have a hot bath. Then come back on when you have cooled off. Your just making yourself sick.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117562 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You seem tense. Have you considered cutting back on caffeine?
it stands as written. put up or shut up.it is that simple!
i challenge any person here, evolutionists or creationists to provide JUST ONE example and evidence of a live species completely changing into a new species! just a simple little one is all that you need to provide that "we" have "observed" changing from one species to a another completely different species. changing similarities does not count. ability to use a new protein does not count. ability to use a new amino acid does not count. it has to be completely changing from one species to another new species. any takers??? put up or STFU jack wagons! creationist do lie but not near as much as the evolutionist idiots on here. you want evidence of their god, then get with science and come up with tests that can tests for god and look for god. last time i checked those test did not exist in science because science is not looking for god. so one has to think how can they show scientific evidence for god when science does not know how and currently does not test for god.

Level 9

#117563 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
it is you that is afraid to produce said evidence for you and i both know species to species evolution has never been observed in life. only similarities in the fossil record and in molecular biology.
show me wrong. species to species during living life as we have seen it.
What do you mean by similarities? I have not read the use of this term in the literature.

Since you are implying a familiarity with how relatedness is determined in fossils, perhaps you could share your knowledge with the rest of us. It would be very enlightening to hear from someone knowledgeable in the subject to review the major and important minor points.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117564 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>My you are testing and there are at least 26 definitions of a species in science that I know of. My point isn't a dodge, it is to show that you don't even really know what you are asking. It is that simple. You are now using simplistic word games and name calling to crawfish around the fact that you haven't got a clue how a species is defined. Not a very good job of it either.
what a word game tard. i think we are talking about specieation correct?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117565 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Is that Jack Wagon related to any of them Wagons over by Willow Springs or down Koshkonong way? You know there was a famous heteropterist (entomologist that studies true bugs) from Koshkonong. Harry Hazelton Knight detailed the North American genera and species of the family Miridae nearly single-handedly and described over 1300 species in the order.
wtf are you talking about. look up jack wagon, urban dictionary. and you wonder why you are a jack wagon.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117566 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but certain religious claims can be shown to be false. In other words the existence of God cannot be tested for by science, the God that fundamentalist Christians believe in can be tested. Do you understand the difference between those two statement?
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. See above.
5. See above.
6. See above.
on the other hand
Luckily I did not answer no to any of your foolish questions. I see that you are still an idiot.
Sorry moron you do not get to determine the conditions under which I will give you evidence. The answer is yes for all of your questions.
Why are you afraid to learn what evidence is? Why are you afraid to learn what scientific testing is?
I guess we know who is the cowardly lying "jack wagon" here.
It would take you less than an hour to learn, why are you so afraid?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117567 Jul 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>My you are testing and there are at least 26 definitions of a species in science that I know of. My point isn't a dodge, it is to show that you don't even really know what you are asking. It is that simple. You are now using simplistic word games and name calling to crawfish around the fact that you haven't got a clue how a species is defined. Not a very good job of it either.

on the other hand

if you answer yes to any of the above then produce it when asked or STFU! don't use cop outs and word games to avoid it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117568 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
it stands as written. put up or shut up.it is that simple!
i challenge any person here, evolutionists or creationists to provide JUST ONE example and evidence of a live species completely changing into a new species! just a simple little one is all that you need to provide that "we" have "observed" changing from one species to a another completely different species. changing similarities does not count. ability to use a new protein does not count. ability to use a new amino acid does not count. it has to be completely changing from one species to another new species. any takers??? put up or STFU jack wagons! creationist do lie but not near as much as the evolutionist idiots on here. you want evidence of their god, then get with science and come up with tests that can tests for god and look for god. last time i checked those test did not exist in science because science is not looking for god. so one has to think how can they show scientific evidence for god when science does not know how and currently does not test for god.
Sorry idiot, the first put up or shut up went out to you long ago.

First you have to learn what evidence is and how scientific evidence is done.

The bad is in your court coward.

Level 9

#117569 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
since you want to play a word game,, let cut through the chase. you tell what science considers specitation to speciation. that will not only save much time it will also cut through your word games.
I wondered if you were really going to read my posts or just the first sentence or two. Looks like just the first sentence or two.

You keep saying I want to play word games. That is your word game. There is no such thing as speciation to speciation. I assume you mean simply speciation. I must interject that I am beginning to have doubts that you know anything about biology. Anyway, I have already stated in the parts of my posts you didn't read that there are at least 26 definitions of a species that I am aware of. They can be grouped into biological, ecological, morphological, and genetic/molecular definitions. The definition I think you probably want and maybe actual have heard before is that of a population that can only breed within itself and any interbreeding with other populations produces infertile hybrids.

I also wrote in my posts about how I don't know of any evidence where speciation has been observed in real time, but I gave examples of speciation that has been observed for cichlids, and grasshoppers.

Now you are playing a game because you are obviously not interested in what is posted. You are interested in trashing people that have a greater knowledge than you do and don't agree with you. Your whining, angry rants don't show any intellect on your part. You demand respect and give none. If you can't take it, don't play your games.

Oh, and read posts. I have answered your questions.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117570 Jul 10, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but certain religious claims can be shown to be false. In other words the existence of God cannot be tested for by science, the God that fundamentalist Christians believe in can be tested. Do you understand the difference between those two statement?
<quoted text>
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. See above.
5. See above.
6. See above.
<quoted text>
Luckily I did not answer no to any of your foolish questions. I see that you are still an idiot.
<quoted text>
Sorry moron you do not get to determine the conditions under which I will give you evidence. The answer is yes for all of your questions.
Why are you afraid to learn what evidence is? Why are you afraid to learn what scientific testing is?
I guess we know who is the cowardly lying "jack wagon" here.
It would take you less than an hour to learn, why are you so afraid?
i don't give a f**k about religious claims. the post stands as it is written. answer or shut up you idiot jack wagon.

on the other hand

if you answer yes to any of the above then produce it when asked or STFU! don't use cop outs and word games to avoid it.

"God cannot be tested for by science, the God that fundamentalist Christians believe in can be tested. Do you understand the difference between those two statement?"

do explain? oh and you can't use the bible as a negative or evidence because that is man written.

Level 9

#117571 Jul 10, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
on the other hand
Why don't you provide the answers. Come on tough guy. You can do it. I bet you can even spell your own name.

You know I think you should answer the latter questions. I don't care about the former. They aren't about science. What is your answer. Answer them or SHUT THE FUCKUP!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 min Enzo49 32,129
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 14 min Bezeer 12,685
One Word (Jan '09) 15 min Bezeer 15,695
Word association (Jun '07) 15 min Bezeer 4,542
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min SweLL GirL 190,823
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 50 min Mega Monster 4,254
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 58 min SweLL GirL 2,419
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 144,815
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 17,596
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 5 hr Spotted Girl 2,355