Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
111,261 - 111,280 of 114,554 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I meant that life itself as it unfolds into its kinds, will become what it is instructed to be from the first of these kinds which were brought forth. It is not going from simple to more complex as a kind.
How do you know? We have evidence that this is, in fact, what happened.
It is unfolding to become what it needs to be to be fruitful and to multiply after its own kind.
The process of development and making changes or adjustments is what we are seeing in living things, and when they are fully grown they go about passing complex information as how to best do this down to their offspring.
Exactly. And this information changes slowly from one generation to the next, leading to changes in the 'kind', occasionally even branching of the 'kind'. That is evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i have never said evolution is wrong. i have never tried or wanted to debunk evolution. i support and back evolution. evolution is what science shows. but i will not lie for science. we have never observed non-human to human evolution, step by step, all steps of the way. we have seen similarities. similarities in the fossil record, in the DNA ect ect. lying to support your cause is no different than a creationists.
this between you and i is all about you being an idiot and i have showed such on numerous occasions. end of story.
We have "never observed" non-human to human evolution in EXACTLY the same way that no-one has ever observed you grow from a baby to a fully formed adult.

Unless you have the video tape that's recorded you non-stop for your entire life, and still is.

Didn't think so.
spike

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

or grow from a fertilized egg to a fully formed adult.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
do you share chimpanzee dna or does yours and the chimpanzee's dna have similarities?
Both. The key word here being 'orthology'.

Unless you wanna be pedantic about it and claim we don't share it at all, because they own their own DNA and only you are in possession of yours.

In which case by that line of reasoning you also share NO DNA with your parents either. It's just "similar".

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for this soul you seem to think you can provide
Or perhaps it’s like this research into immortally that you think you can provide but in the real world you can’t, in fact you seem to be of the opinion that ignoring your delusional claim is the best way to make it go away.
Oh by the way, yes you can see thought, brain ct & mri scans show the process of thinking
And that thought is the drive, the drive that beats the heart.
Time you thought up another way of denial that is not actually contradicted by facts
Wake up!
The soul is not the same as the body. We are like God that is why we are created in his likeness and image.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The difference imposed by the glass ceiling of abrahamic regions influencing government is clear and has nothing to do with ability but more to do with misogyny and fear of woman proving their worth in society.
“Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” Charlotte Whitton
For the most part, those women leaders have always had a tendency to be far more successful than their male counterparts
Wrong!
Because we are in the world that is dominated by the men.
Religion have no hold on that.
It started from the family. Wake up.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Since my last time check
8:47 PM pst, yesterday July6
This is all a LOT BETTER
Even if I don't agree with certain views I can still read everything
from all of you. It's Nice here now.
And I'm learning from you now
5:54 AM pst
<3 U ALL
(Love You ALL)

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
By the definition of God that I know, God exists.
<quoted text>
NO!
Thats not beggin the question either.
To my knowledge, "God" means "Power"; "God" is defined to be "power"; not the powerful, but the power/potential itself is "God".
Now, I know that God exists, because God is power (the god I identify as "God"); and I know that power exists.
This is just your personal ontological argument. God may not be power. God may just use power. It all depends on what you mean by power. You have failed to show how this proves the existence of God and have failed to show how the existence of God can be shown with empirical evidence. You are just dancing round and round acting arrogantly pretending you know more than everyone else. You have nothing.

1+1 = 2. Sesame Street must be God.
Hitler had power. Say it with me HOG. Then Hitler must have been...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Can you see the drives that makes you think rationally or irrationally ?
No! You can only see your body and not the drive, that drive is the soul. Wake up!
It seems that God inserted an irrational soul into your body. <shrug> You win some, you lose some. Hey, look on the bright side - you could have been born female in Afghanistan and been betrothed to a lout that thinks just like you.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a great 4th. Remember the men who guard your freedom!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mention the number of male president or prime ministers with that of the female's universally , and see for yourself, the difference i7 always very clear. Wake up.
That just shows that many modern societies are male dominated and not that dominance by a male is ordained.

Male dominance is a myth perpetuated because we can. It is supported by antiquated opinions from ancient cultures. Organizations that have a single leader have built in mechanisms to remove that leader should they show poor performance. These organizations are becoming more intelligent in selecting there leaders based on skill and not gender, but we still have a long way to go. Adhering to these outdated and baseless traditions is self-destructive if one member that happens to have the greater ability is squashed because of gender and can't move into the lead even long enough to execute a brilliant idea.

To continue to consider leadership on gender and use the arbitrary practices of ancient cultures where women were little more than property is regressive, dictatorial and limiting.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We have "never observed" non-human to human evolution in EXACTLY the same way that no-one has ever observed you grow from a baby to a fully formed adult.
Unless you have the video tape that's recorded you non-stop for your entire life, and still is.
Didn't think so.
Indeed!
In the same fashion: we neither need to have a full step-by-step record of Old-English changing into modern English. Only a few documents, distributed evenly over the 1000 year since then, suffice.

The evidence for evolution often is more extensive than the record for language change.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

words.../\

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wake up!
The soul is not the same as the body. We are like God that is why we are created in his likeness and image.
What soul? Just like immortality, you have never provided any evidence for a soul

I don’t really care about your delusions and wet dreams, I do care about evidence and facts

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Garbage

In most cases and most religions/faiths throughout history the woman has been the head of the family, the matriarch.

Only in abrahamic religions and even then only is 2 of the 3 are males dominant and then only publicly. Even today in the most misogynistic society of Islam, the family man will bow to the wishes of the woman.

The history of public male dominance can be traced through societies fairly accurately. Even in truly male dominated societies in history, Greece, Rome etc, it was the case that in the home, the woman was head, and consulted for advice on even the most profound political matters.

It started with religion and jealousy of the female.

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Explain how it "comes from the family".
Are the families in Muslim nations different form those in the west then, because WE (NOT YOU) treat women as being equal to men, Muslims do not.
Is your family different form others?
Because you treat women unequally, many other families don't.

Now, HOW come that you say that women should be obedient and submissive and WE don't.
What's the difference.
Er, let's have a look.
We both have families but .......(fill in the gap).

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wake up!
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, WAKE UP!
Lift your rusted arse and drag yourself into the next century.
Which in your case will be the 5th BC.
But STILL a century won.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning all. I hope everyone had a great 4th. Remember the men who guard your freedom!
The Guardians Of The Galaxy?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't need photographs.journals or daily records. I have my parents dna and my own dna. that is all the evidence i need to show i was birthed from them. you just don't get it do you?
So your DNA shows common ancestry.

Just as our DNA shows common ancestry with that of chimps (to appoint approx 6-8 million years ago). That is all the evidence evolution needs. It just so happens to have more.

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

Judged:

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is significantly influenced by culture (even science is), therefore an understanding of the culture from which it originated is key to understanding it.
How much exactly do you know about Jewish thought and culture??????????
Very interesting.
I always was told by creationists that the bible was the inerrant word of god.
Now it seems to be influenced by human culture.
In order to understand the eternal truth we FIRST have to investigate Jewish thought and culture?

How interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••