Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#117450 Jul 10, 2014
TFCN wrote:
Thank you Tinka, religion does have many ways or paths as some call them, all leading to the same paradox at the end,we are the light we seek. Is an individual neuron a servant to the I AM self that it is a part of, or a self serving part of that whole self.
Time one of my true interest, what is on the other side of now,forward or backward,the whole Universe moving from instant to instant and we have evolved awareness to point of looking at the edge itself. And still we kill each other in the name of religion.
Have chores to get to,will be looking tomorrow.
Yeah do hope I get some time too...The light and how it plays a role to the all GOOD> Jesus and his out of the Tomb there too supposedly was there a light and when he left and then what about that, the dark?
In that really I would like to discuss some...

Is it a real to the numbers depending where people are residing how they truly feel about the GOOD THE BAD heaven and hell?

Level 6

in a city...

#117451 Jul 10, 2014
The World is a Discovery...

To each it's own to when a satisfactory feel to what a know Known is to each it's own in that for sure ...

Done?

The world is forgiving and it decides how long it will go on...

To people and people's choice?

Depending again where people reside?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#117452 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, I have asked you to show me the numbers of female leaders globally, as compared to the male? To date, what I am seeing from you is your wet sentimental dreams.
WTF have political leader to do with family hierarchy. This is another of you obfuscations that is not worth the paper it is written on Ė ok right you didnít write it, therefore not worth anything

You want female leaders get of you fat butt and do a google for ďfemale leadersĒ WTF do you expect everyone to wipe your a$$ for you?

The number of female leaders worldwide from historical records is to expansive to educate you in just 4000 characters

Level 6

#117453 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong! Get an enlightenment on that, those Germanic tribes then, were not the same as the modern ones of today. If they are, English would have been a native language to Germany and Denmark, but not, why?
Are you really this deliberately stupid or is it and act for topix?

Level 6

#117454 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> crap. Those tribes are not Danish or Germans, they are migrants who gave births to the English, Danish and Germans, etc. Get that. If that is clear , you will truly know where English began.
You really are losing it arenít you?

Do you are saying that the Danish and German tribes that invaded the land of the Angels were not Danish or German but from the land of migrant? Where is that?

Those tribes came from northern Europe therefore they were northern European from whatever country they were born within whatever borders existed at the time

Level 6

in a city...

#117455 Jul 10, 2014
One more for the Morning...

The keeper of the Sun, is that the Moon or the early hours...

The rest to drag on in resting the Ground a testing?

They can keep it SO S=Y maybe it just does and so to spin...

From the top to the other side of things...

Mind and Matter?

The Heart stops short of breath and when it kicks in is to breathe again?

Mind matter and function...

To know better in some maybe to be un-equal is has become that as well some crime?
I mean nothing is un-questionably so or one must question all or everything...

HAs one become(s) whole?

Honestly in that it would be that one could think one has been taken totally apart ...

Yeah and what takes time must be able too to give it...

What is in the making is what was a evolving revolving World

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117456 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And to add to this, since the Danes and Germans are not native to English, English does not originated there. Get that. The evidence is seen in England. And again, the spread was not done by any of those claimed nations, but it was done by England. Go home because you have nothing to offer. The fact is clear.
LESSON 101 in history.

1) in the year 400 there were no Germanic tribes in nowadays England.
2) the land was inhabited by Celtic speaking people, and the Roman occupiers. The elite and the Roman inhabitants spoke Latin. Nobody spoke ANY Germanic dialect.
3) In the 5th century the first Germanic tribes crossed the North Sea due to the fall of the Roman Empire. These were the Angles, Saxons and Jutes. They originated and migrated from Denmark and Northern Germany. They spoke highly mutually intelligible Germanic dialects, generally referred to as the Anglo-Saxon dialects. From 500 on we refer to the "Anglo-Saxon language". AKA "Old-English".
4) Hence, the Anglo-Saxon language was brought to England by those Germanic tribes, who originally were NATIVE to Denmark and northern parts of Germany.

It is even ridiculous to speak of "Danes" and "Germans" because these designations did not even exist in those days. There was no "Denmark" and "Germany" in those days, not as a nation, nor in the ethnic meaning of the words. And not as languages for that matter.

Can't get any clearer, isn't it, TATTLER?

Level 6

#117457 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A tue English man/ woman, and a right thinking person, would not say the otherwise, English do began in England.
So funny how godbots always assume they are correct and that everyone else in the whole wide world agrees with them, except the people they are arguing with and of course the facts, no matter the evidence that shows them to be wrong.

Must be all that battering around the head with the babble while you were younger that effected your personality

True Englishness has been bred out over 2000 years of invasion by Romans, Anglo Saxons, Normans. There are now very few true English, light blonde/red hair, blue/green eyes, fair skin and freckles. And the wode stains have completely gone. There are more people with the British (you call it English) gene in Ireland, Scotland and Wales than in England because those ancient invaders never really got a grip in those areas.

And donít be asking for evidence, I have been providing evidence for the last 2 years and you completely ignore it and go back into the same circles of BS and lies.

Level 6

in a city...

#117458 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you are saying that the Danish and German tribes that invaded the land of the Angels were not Danish or German but from the land of migrant? Where is that?
Those tribes came from northern Europe therefore they were northern European from whatever country they were born within whatever borders existed at the time
I would like to know too where that is the land of IM MI GRANT...The land where one can be ...

In searching Light I suppose could help where the eyes can't see through the dark anymore, they had something called a pass port...

It showed who you were but today now is who you are...and that isn't all that simple at times to ex-plain...

Simplify anyways to it's lowest and Grant hmmm grant me some ability...

But to all it's a known fact is it?

Just asking to that what may the fact be?

In any case all in same?

There is where that heavenly existence is cut to cookie size...

Hope I get some time later love to read in here...

Migrant maybe it's some measurement to settlers and settlements..maybe the Mighty of mi or mig has some right to some land a patch a room maybe?

Rooms within city boundaries and dang to feel like a starving...

How can one not though with everyone feeding everyone...

WE ARE TRULY STARVING??????

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117459 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF have political leader to do with family hierarchy. This is another of you obfuscations that is not worth the paper it is written on Ė ok right you didnít write it, therefore not worth anything
You want female leaders get of you fat butt and do a google for ďfemale leadersĒ WTF do you expect everyone to wipe your a$$ for you?
The number of female leaders worldwide from historical records is to expansive to educate you in just 4000 characters
Nope!
You have no answer to the question. Now back to the question?
Answer it.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117460 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
To be precise: in those days there were no "Germans" or "Danes", these nations didn't exist, the languages not spoken and those ethnic entities did not exist. They are of later origin.

In what we nowadays designate as "Denmark" and northern "Germany" a mix of closely related Germanic tribes were living: Jutes, Saxons and Angles were the main. These people spoke highly mutually intelligible Germanic dialects. After the fall of the Roman empire, it were these tribes that migrated to Britain (the word "Angel-land" did not exist yet, it was first coined by the monk Bede ~710).

Yes he is terribly lost.
Each time you confront any creationist with facts, it ends up in terrible tattles.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117461 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this deliberately stupid or is it and act for topix?
Tell yourself that!

Level 2

Location hidden

#117462 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those tribes( Jutes, Angles, and Saxons) gave births to the modern day Germans, Danes, English, Dutch, etc. They are not Germans or Danes, as you or him claimed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117463 Jul 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, Northern Europe, did they left that Northern Europe? Yes or no?
Don't argue blindly, they left in great numbers and came to Britain, and they brought their Language which was old English and over the centuries, it became modern ENGLISH, all that, did not take place outside England. But in England.

Level 6

#117464 Jul 10, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know too where that is the land of IM MI GRANT...The land where one can be ...
In searching Light I suppose could help where the eyes can't see through the dark anymore, they had something called a pass port...
It showed who you were but today now is who you are...and that isn't all that simple at times to ex-plain...
Simplify anyways to it's lowest and Grant hmmm grant me some ability...
But to all it's a known fact is it?
Just asking to that what may the fact be?
In any case all in same?
There is where that heavenly existence is cut to cookie size...
Hope I get some time later love to read in here...
Migrant maybe it's some measurement to settlers and settlements..maybe the Mighty of mi or mig has some right to some land a patch a room maybe?
Rooms within city boundaries and dang to feel like a starving...
How can one not though with everyone feeding everyone...
WE ARE TRULY STARVING??????
The land of migrant, I donít know, Charies tells us that itís somewhere in northern Europe. But EU rules (much hated by bigots in the EU) allows all members to migrate between EU countries so perhaps the entire EU has become the land of migrant.

Nope Iím not starving, just had second breakfast of coffee and an alpen cereal bar. Elevenses at 10:00, such a wonderful institution, first breakfast at 6:30 and lunch at 12:30 and then starve until dinner time at 18:00

Level 6

#117465 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nope!
You have no answer to the question. Now back to the question?
Answer it.
What question? And why do you expect me to answer it when you have never answered a single question I have posed and there is google for you to play with rather than bothering me with your inanity

Level 2

Location hidden

#117466 Jul 10, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
LESSON 101 in history.
1) in the year 400 there were no Germanic tribes in nowadays England.
2) the land was inhabited by Celtic speaking people, and the Roman occupiers. The elite and the Roman inhabitants spoke Latin. Nobody spoke ANY Germanic dialect.
3) In the 5th century the first Germanic tribes crossed the North Sea due to the fall of the Roman Empire. These were the Angles, Saxons and Jutes. They originated and migrated from Denmark and Northern Germany. They spoke highly mutually intelligible Germanic dialects, generally referred to as the Anglo-Saxon dialects. From 500 on we refer to the "Anglo-Saxon language". AKA "Old-English".
4) Hence, the Anglo-Saxon language was brought to England by those Germanic tribes, who originally were NATIVE to Denmark and northern parts of Germany.
It is even ridiculous to speak of "Danes" and "Germans" because these designations did not even exist in those days. There was no "Denmark" and "Germany" in those days, not as a nation, nor in the ethnic meaning of the words. And not as languages for that matter.
Can't get any clearer, isn't it, TATTLER?
I am glad you have said that. Germany and Denmark, are not, good. It was the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes that did that.
If you don't know, they were the ancestors of the German people, English people, and the Dutch, etc, so who is the tattler? You!

Level 6

#117467 Jul 10, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
To be precise: in those days there were no "Germans" or "Danes", these nations didn't exist, the languages not spoken and those ethnic entities did not exist. They are of later origin.
In what we nowadays designate as "Denmark" and northern "Germany" a mix of closely related Germanic tribes were living: Jutes, Saxons and Angles were the main. These people spoke highly mutually intelligible Germanic dialects. After the fall of the Roman empire, it were these tribes that migrated to Britain (the word "Angel-land" did not exist yet, it was first coined by the monk Bede ~710).
Yes he is terribly lost.
Each time you confront any creationist with facts, it ends up in terrible tattles.
Correct, in that time northern Europe consisted of tribal areas, I am pretty well up on the history of Europe and have been having this same discussion with the great god Charlie idiot for more than 2 years.

To be honest I am tired of his ignorant incredulity (as are many others and thatís what he aims for), despite the facts that have been presented to him on numerous occasions he plays the archetypal fundy, blocks his ears with sh|t, sticks his hand over his eyes his feet in his mouth and sings ďla, la, la, la I canít see or hear your evidence so I am rightĒ.

Unfortunately for him, I am tenacious, patient, have a long memory and will usually only give one chance. And as long as he can live comfortably in denial of facts I and happy to disillusion.

Level 6

#117468 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell yourself that!
I told myself that you really are a deliberately ignorant moron some time ago.

Level 6

#117469 Jul 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Those tribes( Jutes, Angles, and Saxons) gave births to the modern day Germans, Danes, English, Dutch, etc. They are not Germans or Danes, as you or him claimed.
I did not claim, you did, I repeated what you said and commented on it so donít try back sliding your own ignorance on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 8,135
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 7 min _FLATLINE-------- 78,979
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 13 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,907
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Jennifer Renee 10,896
Word Association (Jun '10) 18 min wichita-rick 27,416
News Too Many Cooks: What Weird Food Was Your Mom Ea... 22 min Emerald 7
Word Association (Mar '10) 22 min wichita-rick 17,091
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr NinaRocks 28,980
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 161,785
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Glory Be 40,265