Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
111,241 - 111,260 of 112,919 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Wondering has been
harassing other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions.

AS if I haven't been watching this ALL DAY
8:25 PM pst
wondering

Highlandville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna do what ever I fell like doing, wondering.
You didn't answer the question though, Sherlock in your spare time on another thread.
why don't you play sherlock and go see.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Don't return the insults - it keeps the drama going,
Keeps Wonder coming back for more and
Keeps the evidence piling up
8:33

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be on the other side of the fence from evolution science.
not picking on you but what do you believe in? you don't have to explain why.
have you done your homework? if you have, then according to subduction zone you are an expert in that field. just thought i would let you know. so don't take their crap, you are an expert!
Stop wondering, I believe there is God and from your post you don't , what side are you?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you play sherlock and go see.
Oh no, we are too busy laughing at your attempt to be Sherlock, Mr. wonderful.
wondering

Highlandville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is fairly obvious to just about everyone that you have been lying.
A person who had a masters in chemistry would know how and when peer review is used. You don't. Ergo you are a liar.
furthermore any science claim that is published to the public/for the public to see, be it video or article should be peer reviewed, otherwise it is just one persons opinion. end of story lying jack wagon. good day
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

8:47 PM pst

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
that is as weak as you saying clade is synonym for kind. idiot jack wagon
Good, you admit that I am right.

A person with a PhD in any school of engineering and a masters in any discipline of chemistry would know when peer review is required. It is not used for settled science, which caldes are. There is nothing particularly new or even controversial about that tool of classification. If you were not such a lying moron you would know when to ask for peer review.

Also if you were not a lying moron you would not keep forgetting that using clade as a synonym for clade was MY definition and no one else's. You challenged me to come up with a working definition of "kind".

You really are not all that bright.

Seriously try to follow along. You only make yourself look like a fool.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Goodnight all.
wondering

Highlandville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stop wondering, I believe there is God and from your post you don't , what side are you?
science is not about whether there is a god or not. that is a misunderstanding people have of science. science is about what we have to study trying to explain the past and in some cases the future. we accomplish that by finding things, seeing them, touching them, testing them, interacting with them on different levels. we do all that to try to tell and learn more about our past than we know or have been told by your religion. the bible is clearly false in several places.
i support evolution for science supports and backs its evidence through thorough tested theories, rigorous study, testing its own theories repeatedly, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories again and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. The similarities are there to be seen. now do i think there may be a god, that is simply we don't know. but again science is not about looking for god or trying to disprove god.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
furthermore any science claim that is published to the public/for the public to see, be it video or article should be peer reviewed, otherwise it is just one persons opinion. end of story lying jack wagon. good day
No, peer review is only used for new ideas. You should still be able to provide a link if necessary, but I do not have to provide a peer reviewed article to show that f = GmM/r^, when I am talking about the gravitational force between two masses. A Wiki article or other well accepted source is good enough, just remember that there can be mistakes in simple articles like Wiki. You have to be read for those too. I doubt if you are going to find a peer reviewed article to support that equation.

So you can demand a source. It need not be peer reviewed.

What a Maroon!
wondering

Highlandville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, you admit that I am right.
A person with a PhD in any school of engineering and a masters in any discipline of chemistry would know when peer review is required. It is not used for settled science, which caldes are. There is nothing particularly new or even controversial about that tool of classification. If you were not such a lying moron you would know when to ask for peer review.
Also if you were not a lying moron you would not keep forgetting that using clade as a synonym for clade was MY definition and no one else's. You challenged me to come up with a working definition of "kind".
You really are not all that bright.
Seriously try to follow along. You only make yourself look like a fool.
again you show your idiocy. i never asked for peer reviewed science on clade. i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of clade being synonymous with kind. they would have to agree on that. good day lying jack wagon.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
again you show your idiocy. i never asked for peer reviewed science on clade. i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of clade being synonymous with kind. they would have to agree on that. good day lying jack wagon.

All you need is a damn dictionary, wonderful...

Clade
A clade or monophylum is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life". The ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
science is not about whether there is a god or not. that is a misunderstanding people have of science. science is about what we have to study trying to explain the past and in some cases the future. we accomplish that by finding things, seeing them, touching them, testing them, interacting with them on different levels. we do all that to try to tell and learn more about our past than we know or have been told by your religion. the bible is clearly false in several places.
i support evolution for science supports and backs its evidence through thorough tested theories, rigorous study, testing its own theories repeatedly, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories again and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. The similarities are there to be seen. now do i think there may be a god, that is simply we don't know. but again science is not about looking for god or trying to disprove god.
You do have a point, but even though there are some thing in the bible that have not yet come to reality, does it mean that others have not?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you area an even bigger idiot than I first thought.

You challenged me to come up with a working definition of "kind" when I said that I could. To all but the biggest of tards the use of kind being discussed was the sort of "kind" used in the Bible where life forms "after its kind" as in these verse:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

This was MY definition. It is not a public definition. It was a working definition for the undefined word "kind". I never claimed anyone else used it. I never implied that anyone else used it. That was all YOU. Of course you are a monumental tard and I am fairly sure that you will still not understand how you screwed up from the very beginning here.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, science did not give us the brain to date, it is just a God given gift to us. Without the brain, we can not think creatively and scientifically.
wondering

Highlandville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need is a damn dictionary, wonderful...
Clade
A clade or monophylum is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life". The ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species.
i see why you don't speak up much now. you can't even comprehend what is in one post.

pay attention. we all know what clade is. the question at hand was and is "i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of "clade" being -synonymous- with "kind". they would have to agree on that.

go back to doing your nails

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i see why you don't speak up much now. you can't even comprehend what is in one post.
pay attention. we all know what clade is. the question at hand was and is "i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of "clade" being -synonymous- with "kind". they would have to agree on that.
No, you changed the question. The original demand by you was for a working definition of "kind". Obviously we were talking about "kind" as used in the Bible. Making that sort of "kind" synonymous to the already defined word "clade" produced a working definition of kind.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there be any peer review study papers to link a definition to another definition?
But since you insist on playing word games, I'll give you another definition.

clade -- A monophyletic taxon; a group of organisms which includes the most recent common ancestor of all of its members and all of the descendants of that most recent common ancestor. From the Greek word "klados", meaning branch or twig.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/glossary/gloss1p...

That surely sounds like "kind" or more specifically "all animals of the same kind"

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "heavens" were "created" several billion years before the Earth. What is the Hebrew word for "billion" again?
Thats the type of stuff that makes people like me wonder.

Not about the answer to questions like that; but about what people like you are really expecting.

If God created our time; he/it would necessarily exist outside of our time.

Therefore, GODS PERCEPTION AND CONCEPT OF TIME WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF A HUMAN'S.

If you actually know anything about the bible, you would have read where it said that "a day with God is like 1000 years with man".

FURTHERMORE, the number 1000 represent INFINITY in the Hebrew culture.

Therefore what it could be suggesting is that each aspect of creation is a continually developing process; not different from what is suggested by evolution.

The Bible is significantly influenced by culture (even science is), therefore an understanding of the culture from which it originated is key to understanding it.

How much exactly do you know about Jewish thought and culture??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••