Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#117017 Jul 6, 2014
Tinka wrote:
The Pig abused the Turkey or vise versa?
Was that like a commi thing...As if you told the Pig it's alright more are acknowledged or to the Turkey...
Like a Mouse Lizard...Or a deep sea moth...
I would love to see a deep sea moth. That would be something to see out in the sea.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#117018 Jul 6, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Scientific...True what is this true??? Of the Religious Law Freedom in peace to an all? Through them? Are they in the cellar? Where they keep files maybe and to LAW for the Economics to plates being handed around one can't claim any of that to be an accurate for the of a known Democratic Republic...The BIG D ...
Known so to have been a most to Communistic living a life style a pissing on on Politics has been something here in an evolving?
Is that some Evolution? A pre=set
No outcome is preset in the sense that it is destined to occur. Only the process could be said to be set to occur based on the laws of nature and the necessary conditions such as mutation, chance and natural selection.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117019 Jul 6, 2014
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
"No evidence for evolution".

Wikipedia "evidence of common descent".
You are just a blunt deceive rand liar.
Nothing more to add.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117020 Jul 6, 2014
The need for these time checks is to sort through all the drivel,
ugly faces, sarcasm and outright abuse.

As for
Freedom of INFORMATION
Freedom of clear accurate communications
Freedom from ABUSE
For ALL PEOPLE

NO, I have NO sense of humor on that.

10:19 AM pst

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#117021 Jul 6, 2014
Hemet123 wrote:
The need for these time checks is to sort through all the drivel,
ugly faces, sarcasm and outright abuse.
As for
Freedom of INFORMATION
Freedom of clear accurate communications
Freedom from ABUSE
For ALL PEOPLE
NO, I have NO sense of humor on that.
10:19 AM pst
Don't act that embarrassingly.
You look like a fool.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117022 Jul 6, 2014
as for winky eyes, its just a typo
so much for accurate communications-
sometimes you just have to pick a finger
10:30 AM pst
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117023 Jul 6, 2014
10:42 AM pst
u can freak on these time checks if u want, but
ur only freaking on a practice used by observatories
to gain more knowledge and deeper understanding
of discoveries-
clocks are used in navigation-
and can keep u safe
<3 u all

Level 9

founded in facts.

#117024 Jul 6, 2014
Hemet123 wrote:
10:42 AM pst
u can freak on these time checks if u want, but
ur only freaking on a practice used by observatories
to gain more knowledge and deeper understanding
of discoveries-
clocks are used in navigation-
and can keep u safe
<3 u all
It's a free country. Sorry for misspelling your name.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117025 Jul 6, 2014
i wanted to reply to ur post about pigturkeys on page 5556
post #117003
DanFromSmithvill e
You are very kind and patient with me and have me laughing to tears!
i'm on ur side!*geeeze* of course I believe in evolution, then some after that!
I just don't accept disrespect of me or others-
it is very harmful and wasteful use of energy time and resources.
Slows us down, Brings US down.
I also have much respect for an attractive presentation.
old saying: Attract humming birds with nectar rather than vinegar.
....Pi- still laughing........ anyway,
<3 u all
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117026 Jul 6, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No he DOESN'T SAY that evolution is using the word.
You are a liar and deceiver.
you lying jack wagon.

who="Subduction Zone" quoted text>
Yes, we can traces all life to a very simple early life. And yes, nothing "just sprang up". We are apes, We share a common ancestor with other apes. We are simians, we share a common ancestor with monkeys, we are mammals. We share a common ancestor with cows, whales, bats and cats. We are tetrapods. We share a common ancestor with lizards and amphibians. We are vertebrates we share a common ancestor with fish. I could take this all the way back to single cellular life. It is always kind reproducing kind.
Evolution says that kind gives rise to the the same kind. They have a working definition of kind. Creationists don't"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117027 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
`you must have missed this one:
how many different clade are there? do human clades differ from the snake clades? are monkeys a different clades than apes and humans?
You didn't check out the link I gave?

Oh, wait, you can't understand anything above the 5th grade level.

There are an almost unlimited number of clades. A clade can be very very small. A clade could be as small as two individuals, For example an amoeba once it splits forms a clade.

Of course human clades are different from snake clades. One has humans in it the other has snakes in it. Even you are not that stupid.

Now you actually asked one half decent question. If you include all monkeys in one clade then humans and other apes are in that clade too. The split between Old World and New World monkeys predates the split of apes from Old World monkeys. Therefore we are monkeys by cladistics.

What is funny is that creationists will readily admit that humans are mammals, but deny that we are apes. The clade of mammals is much more inclusive than that of just apes or humans. The ancestor that we share with monkeys would be called a monkey today so we are descended from monkeys.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117028 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you lying jack wagon.
who="Subduction Zone" quoted text>
Yes, we can traces all life to a very simple early life. And yes, nothing "just sprang up". We are apes, We share a common ancestor with other apes. We are simians, we share a common ancestor with monkeys, we are mammals. We share a common ancestor with cows, whales, bats and cats. We are tetrapods. We share a common ancestor with lizards and amphibians. We are vertebrates we share a common ancestor with fish. I could take this all the way back to single cellular life. It is always kind reproducing kind.
Evolution says that kind gives rise to the the same kind. They have a working definition of kind. Creationists don't"
LOL, you just proved that you are a liar and a deceiver.

Way to go moron.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117029 Jul 6, 2014
It seems that wondering does not understand the concept of "colloquial speech".

But then he is a creatard after all and has to have a literal interpretation of the Bible, except for the parts that he does not believe in, to support his weak Christian belief.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117030 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't check out the link I gave?
Oh, wait, you can't understand anything above the 5th grade level.
There are an almost unlimited number of clades. A clade can be very very small. A clade could be as small as two individuals, For example an amoeba once it splits forms a clade.
Of course human clades are different from snake clades. One has humans in it the other has snakes in it. Even you are not that stupid.
Now you actually asked one half decent question. If you include all monkeys in one clade then humans and other apes are in that clade too. The split between Old World and New World monkeys predates the split of apes from Old World monkeys. Therefore we are monkeys by cladistics.
What is funny is that creationists will readily admit that humans are mammals, but deny that we are apes. The clade of mammals is much more inclusive than that of just apes or humans. The ancestor that we share with monkeys would be called a monkey today so we are descended from monkeys.
lying jack wagon

a clade or monophylum is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life". the ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species (extinct or extant). many familiar groups, rodents and insects for example, are clades; others, like lizards and monkeys, are not (lizards excludes snakes,-----"-(monkeys excludes apes and humans)-"---------
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117031 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you just proved that you are a liar and a deceiver.
Way to go moron.
lying jack wagon

you said and i quote " I could take this all the way back to single cellular life. It is always kind reproducing kind.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117032 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lying jack wagon
I think I am beginning to understand wondering's misuse of the English language. "lying jack wagon" means that someone either posted something that debunks wondering's idiocy or that he simply could not understand.
a clade or monophylum is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life". the ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species (extinct or extant). many familiar groups, rodents and insects for example, are clades; others, like lizards and monkeys, are not (lizards excludes snakes,-----"-(monkeys excludes apes and humans)-"---------
Very good, you finally went to my link. Now what don't you understand about it? I will gladly help you to understand. You did not even mention lizards and now you try to bring them up. And no, monkeys does not automatically exclude apes. Lastly why did you say "apes and humans"? That is a bit redundant. Humans are apes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117033 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lying jack wagon
you said and i quote " I could take this all the way back to single cellular life. It is always kind reproducing kind.
And how is that supposed to support your claim, moron?

Again, it is obvious that if I am using the word "kind" that the usage is colloquial since the term is not used by scientists. I was trying to dumb down the argument to your level. It is obvious that I did not aim low enough.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117034 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And how is that supposed to support your claim, moron?
Again, it is obvious that if I am using the word "kind" that the usage is colloquial since the term is not used by scientists. I was trying to dumb down the argument to your level. It is obvious that I did not aim low enough.
lying jack wagon

"dumb down the argument to my level" you were not even talking to me when you posted it. again you produce another lie

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117035 Jul 6, 2014
I am still waiting for something besides a weak Wiki link that says apes are not monkeys. By cladistics we are monkeys:

http://paolov.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/apes-a...
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117036 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am beginning to understand wondering's misuse of the English language. "lying jack wagon" means that someone either posted something that debunks wondering's idiocy or that he simply could not understand.
<quoted text>
Very good, you finally went to my link. Now what don't you understand about it? I will gladly help you to understand. You did not even mention lizards and now you try to bring them up. And no, monkeys does not automatically exclude apes. Lastly why did you say "apes and humans"? That is a bit redundant. Humans are apes.
i have understood it well for many years. you on the other hand throw out words that you think make you smart but have no clue what they mean.

"Lastly why did you say "apes and humans"? That is a bit redundant. Humans are apes"

what an idiot. try reading your own link you dumb jack wagon.that just claifies that you throw out words but do not what they mean.

A clade (from Ancient Greek &#954;&#955;&#940; &#948;&#959;&#962; , klados, "branch") or monophylum (see monophyletic) is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life".[1] The ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species (extinct or extant). Many familiar groups, rodents and insects for example, are clades; others, like lizards and monkeys, are not (lizards excludes snakes, monkeys excludes apes and humans).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clade

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 4 min Asherah_con 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Roy 151,125
Passengers Push Russian Airplane Stuck In Ice 5 min Mitt s Airtight D... 8
California Burger King employee finds $100,000 7 min Mitt s Airtight D... 1
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 9 min Dr Wu 7,365
What's your tip for the day? 11 min ms_Sweeter 1,577
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mega Monster 6,760
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 14 min Interested 7,177
Bill Cosby 32 min Bill 257
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr dandylioness 24,015