Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221949 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117118 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans, depending on how it is calculated.(source)
http://genome.wellcome.ac.uk/doc_WTD020730.ht...
Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs, 80% with cows, 79% with chimpanzees, 69% with rats and 67% with mice.(source)
http://genome.cshlp.org/content/17/11/1675.fu...
Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans (source)
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/324/5926/52...
75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans (source), 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome (source) 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans (source)
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v420/n69...
The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans (source).
http://www.genome.gov/10005835
About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene (source)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/...
all dna show "similarities" in one form or another.
And what does the theory of evolution predict about these percentages of similarity? Why it predicts exactly what you posted. Nice job, you just shot yourself in the foot again.

With enemies like wondering who needs friends?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117119 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
then show it. you have already shown your words are lies and can not be taken truthfully.
Nope, first you must fess up.

What are you afraid of?
wondering

Morris, OK

#117120 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does the theory of evolution predict about these percentages of similarity? Why it predicts exactly what you posted. Nice job, you just shot yourself in the foot again.
With enemies like wondering who needs friends?
i just shown you how all dna is similar. not "shared" but "similar"
wondering

Morris, OK

#117122 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you afraid of?
i call it follow by example. i am following your example. again i will say, you will get what you pay for. so far you have payed for nothing. you have earned nothing. you are still way in debt and are owed nothing.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117123 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i just shown you how all dna is similar. not "shared" but "similar"
Nope, you failed. The so called "similar" DNA is identical DNA. You are merely arguing semantics. That is pretty hypocritical for someone that cannot recognize colloquial usage of a term. But then all creatards tend to be hypocrites.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117124 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you afraid of?
nothing is all you have. until you produce evidence to back what you say,, you are just a lying jack wagon/ a waste of time. end of story.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117125 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing is all you have. until you produce evidence to back what you say,, you are just a lying jack wagon/ a waste of time. end of story.
Now you lie. I have linked several articles. All support me. You have linked nothing. You have not even attempted to debunk my arguments. All you have presented is an argument from idiocy, but then you are an expert in that sense.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117126 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i call it follow by example. i am following your example. again i will say, you will get what you pay for. so far you have payed for nothing. you have earned nothing. you are still way in debt and are owed nothing.
I produced articles that support me.

You have only shown that you are a moron.

But then we all know you have nothing. Remember when you quoted wiki saying that snakes are not lizards? Do you remember the cladogram I posted that showed that was not the case? Or was it too hard for you to understand.

I thought you might be able to at least understand a pretty picture.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117127 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I produced articles that support me.
You have only shown that you are a moron.
But then we all know you have nothing. Remember when you quoted wiki saying that snakes are not lizards? Do you remember the cladogram I posted that showed that was not the case? Or was it too hard for you to understand.
I thought you might be able to at least understand a pretty picture.
you produced nothing in science articles with references or peer review supporting anything you said. you produced nothing(no posts) supporting you saying "I deny evolution(you said that more than once) or anything else you said about me.

if any article can be used as evidence then you are opening the door for creationists to be able to do the same and use their garbage for evidence to back them. i will tell you like i tell creationists, "take your mickey mouse articles and stick them up your butt" science is about evidence that is referenced and peer reviewed! understand that yet? you are nothing but a lying, idiot jack wagon
Hemet123

Honolulu, HI

#117128 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
then it is simple. produce what i asked for "observed evidence of non-human to human evolution, step by step, all steps of the way"
while you are at it produce a science definition of "observed or observation"" that is different form "observed or observation" that we all know
come on idiot jack wagon. let's see what you got.
".....observed or observation" that we all know
come on idiot jack wagon. let's see what you got"

Take a pill,
I've heard a few creation stories including evolution
Ya wanna know where WE came from? Check the Sumerian clay tablets,
Watch all the planet of the apes movies, read the tale of ENLIL and ELKI, watch the very last planet of the apes movie again then look in a mirror.
6:39 PM pst
wondering

Morris, OK

#117129 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you lie. I have linked several articles. All support me. You have linked nothing. You have not even attempted to debunk my arguments. All you have presented is an argument from idiocy, but then you are an expert in that sense.
go to another thread "When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic Presuppositions?" and i will show how you lie and are an idiot that does not read what you or anyone else posts.

you claim they are the same links when clearly they are different. you lying jack wagon. i just posted there showing your idiocy and you lying again. of course we all know you will claim "mistake" as usual. mistake is once or twice. after that it is a boldfaced lie.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117130 Jul 6, 2014
Hemet123 wrote:
<quoted text>
".....observed or observation" that we all know
come on idiot jack wagon. let's see what you got"
Take a pill,
Watch all the planet of the apes movies, read the tale of ENLIL and ELKI, watch the very last planet of the apes movie again then look in a mirror.
6:39 PM pst
i replied to you once to help you with your pop up adds trouble on topix. i did that out of pity being you are behind times and an idiot. take that as a favor and don't look for anymore replies.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#117131 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
go to another thread "When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic Presuppositions?" and i will show how you lie and are an idiot that does not read what you or anyone else posts.
you claim they are the same links when clearly they are different. you lying jack wagon. i just posted there showing your idiocy and you lying again. of course we all know you will claim "mistake" as usual. mistake is once or twice. after that it is a boldfaced lie.
Go to another thread so you can prove he lied? lol Why who is over there...Sherlock Holmes or something? lmao

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117132 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you produced nothing in science articles with references or peer review supporting anything you said. you produced nothing(no posts) supporting you saying "I deny evolution(you said that more than once) or anything else you said about me.
if any article can be used as evidence then you are opening the door for creationists to be able to do the same and use their garbage for evidence to back them. i will tell you like i tell creationists, "take your mickey mouse articles and stick them up your butt" science is about evidence that is referenced and peer reviewed! understand that yet? you are nothing but a lying, idiot jack wagon
You moron, I already explained why the articles I provided did not need peer review.

One more time for the incredibly dense creatards among us. Peer review is for NEW IDEAS that have just been tested. I posted nothing that was terribly new. Oops, I take that back. The article I posted on how chimp DNA was more than 98% identical did have links to the peer reviewed article it was based upon. You lose again creatard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117133 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The one mistake that I owned up to was that I originally conflated you with another creatard. Now I am not so sure that it was a mistake.

It seems more and more obvious that whatever a "lying jack wagon" is, it is a description that applies to wondering and no one else.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#117134 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you keep going to water for him.
Hemet123

Honolulu, HI

#117135 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a pill,*apefaced
Watch all the planet of the apes movies, read the tale of ENLIL and ELKI, watch the very last planet of the apes movie again then look in a mirror. I bet ur an Ugly feller and I don't look much better. Can an evolutionist believe in God? Bet he Can. You're makin' is look bad for the aliens - They believe in God too.( I got permission to say that )
wondering

Morris, OK

#117136 Jul 6, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you keep going to water for him.
ahh. you got me there, touche!
i do just need to ignore the lying idiot jack wagon.
Hemet123

Honolulu, HI

#117137 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i replied to you once to help you with your pop up adds trouble on topix. i did that out of pity being you are behind times and an idiot. take that as a favor and don't look for anymore replies.
What if I don't believe in a judgmental bellowing God with white hair and a puffy white robe?
But DO believe -no-
Have EXPERIENCED that which is Eternal and without word to describe? WTF else matters?
I share joy and assistance everywhere I go 'cuz it's the world I gotta live in. Why should I treat it and people like shit like you're doing? What are YOU doing everyday?
and i'm always right on time.
7:17 PM pst

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117138 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh. you got me there, touche!
i do just need to ignore the lying idiot jack wagon.
I don't see how you are going to ignore yourself. But it will be interesting to watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min cjt12 24,089
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 8 min cjt12 3,456
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Princess Hey 220,809
2words into 2new words (May '12) 17 min wichita-rick 8,384
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 24 min Sublime1 4,625
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 27 min Judy 123 1,135
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 31 min Judy 123 2,353
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 42 min CJ Rocker 2,136
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr F_R_E_D 24,014
Which Poster Are You Thinking About Right Now? 2 hr 5th Row Centre 22