Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209516 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116753 Jul 3, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe there was a literal place known as the hill of the skull,.and was Jesus crucified on that hill? Do you know the Gospel and why Jesus died the way he did?
Sure. He died the way he did because he was guilty of sedition against the theocracy of the time. Now you and yours would like nothing better than to install a theocracy. Go figure.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#116754 Jul 3, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I think it is pretty stupid. Almost like a new strain of AIDS. I as well think many of diseases were/is created by man.
When I was younger and more conspiracy minded I entertained the notion that AIDS was engineered. A disease that primarily targets homosexuals, drug users and the sexually promiscuous? I can definitely see that on some checklist somewhere. I don't think that way anymore. Now conspiracy theorists scare the crap out of me.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#116755 Jul 3, 2014
Hey wrote:
hey
TL;DR

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#116756 Jul 3, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
So e

So e
Eat blazing electric death,

&fe ature=kp

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116757 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
*Poly puts a revolver to his own temple and blows his/her/its own brains out on the wall*
<quoted text>
*The HOG arrives on the scene; notices Poly's suicide; disappointed he tosses flash bang grenade in the room with Poly's body anyways, charges in and puts 2 rounds to Poly's chest and 1 to Poly's head regardless, lights cigarette, plows smoke in the ceiling, spits on the ground and leaves the building.*
Wow. Your fantasies get stranger all the time. You should probably seek professional help. And learn to give up the superstitious stuff.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#116758 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Empirical evidence has spoken, so STFU.
"... time dilation has been REPEATEDLY DEMONSTRATED (see experimental confirmation below), for instance by small disparities in atomic clocks on Earth and in space, even though both clocks work perfectly (it is not a mechanical malfunction). The laws of nature are such that time itself (i.e. spacetime) will bend due to differences in either gravity or velocity – each of which affects time in different ways." [WIKIPEDIA.COM]
So either you find a way to suggest that what the findings reveals, has nothing to do with what I am suggesting or go F yourself... with a... cucumber.
You are quoting things you clearly don't understand. It is possible, given a frame of reference, for two things to happen at the same time.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#116759 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Your question is irrelevant. The implications are obvious so there is no need to ask that question.
Time is different at different points.
Time is the same at the same point.
If two things happen at different times in different places; they are different things.
If two things happen at the exact same time in the exact same place; they are the same things.
First, time is a coordinate. it isn't 'different at different points'. it is measured differently when in the presence of gravitational fields or when moving with relative velocity. Neither exception helps your argument in any way: given a frame of reference, it is certainly possible for two events to happen at the same time in that frame of reference.

Next, even your last statement, which is the one that is most likely to be valid, has problems. ALL events are smeared out a bit in both time and location. That comes along with not having an infinite uncertainty of energy or momentum (you might have heard about the uncertainty principle). And with that smearing, it is possible for two events to overlap and still be different. For bosons, it is even something that is statistically likely to happen.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#116760 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Did I do that?
Did I threaten anyone on this post?
I am not surprised.
You are a dunce fool; and the wicked and the foolish are naturally related.
Not precisely a threat, but definitely a seriously deranged fantasy involving shooting me repeatedly after I commit suicide. But not a threat. Nope, not you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#116761 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion.
It is more than just an opinion when your actions fit the self hating homophobe to a tee.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#116762 Jul 3, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Your fantasies get stranger all the time. You should probably seek professional help. And learn to give up the superstitious stuff.
Youre probably right.

But you must admit, it adds a whole new twist to the forum thing... Its like a whole new animated thingy; you know with the whole imagery and would be narrative.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#116763 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Youre probably right.
But you must admit, it adds a whole new twist to the forum thing... Its like a whole new animated thingy; you know with the whole imagery and would be narrative.
He is spot on. BTW, your credibility is down in the gutter with your honesty and integrity.

Location hidden

#116764 Jul 3, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quoting things you clearly don't understand. It is possible, given a frame of reference, for two things to happen at the same time.
So show how much you understand by explaining so that I can understand.

Define "time" in the particular frame of reference where two things can happen at the same time.

You clearly dont understand the things I quote... nor the things I suggest neither for that matter.

MY CLAIM:

If x, y and z happen at the same exact time in the same exact place; they are the same thing, i.e. x=y=z.

THE IMPLICATIONS IF I AM RIGHT:

If you find multiple things happening:

a. they wont be in the same place IF they occur the same time.
b. they wont occur at the same time if they occur in the same place.

Are you able to provide a case for which my claim proves inconsistent?

Present it and let us examine it.

If my claim is false I would like to learn how and why.

Level 9

into the night.

#116765 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Define "time" in the particular frame of reference where two things can happen at the same time.
You clearly dont understand the things I quote... nor the things I suggest neither for that matter.
MY CLAIM:
If x, y and z happen at the same exact time in the same exact place; they are the same thing, i.e. x=y=z.
Did you know that the US has an extradition treaty with Jamaica. You may get that help you need at a fine US mental health facility.

If you can identify them as x, y and z, then how can they be the same thing? What does Harvey tell you this means.

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#116766 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
MY CLAIM:
You have to define same exact, and same thing.
But it's possible for many things to happen at the same time and place.
For instance, at 8:00 at the same address 25,000 people were listening to the opening act
of a concert. 25,000 different things are happening.
It doesn't help to refine it to a singular point either..
Because a particle accelerator shows you several things can happen in a single space and instant. Actually your rules are far to rigid to reflect reality.
So it is more adept to say that if something happens in a singular point in space/time , they are most likely to be related by the event.

Location hidden

#116767 Jul 3, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, time is a coordinate. it isn't 'different at different points'. it is measured differently when...
Point blankly you have just suggested that you dont know what specifically "time" is; because you do not have a description that holds consistently for ALL cases of "time".

So whenever "time" is mentioned, your mind conceives of probabilities; not fact.

Therefore you cannot directly refute my claim.

My argument is concerned ONLY with the case where multiple events cannot occur at the same time in the same place; because the idea is most consistent with (what) TRUTH (is).

Equality allows me to assert full confidence through its directness.

Duplicity prevents you from even claiming to knowing what you know.
polymath257 wrote:
Neither exception helps your argument in any way: given a frame of reference, it is certainly possible for two events to happen at the same time in that frame of reference.
I am going to suggest to you that there are so many "frames of reference", that it is not possible to form a specific description of time based on any of them; because will contradict others... and most probably do.

Present cases to show that I am inaccurate in that conclusion.
polymath257 wrote:
... ALL events are smeared out... And with that smearing, it is possible for two events to overlap ...
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

The term "smear" suggests "spreading" implying that they originated from different points (i.e. different places and possibly different times).

Hence my claim is not refuted because they do not originate from the same place.

The term "overlap" suggests "intersect", or that there is a "coming together at a point"; and there would have to be a separation in the first place in order for there to be a coming together.

Hence your assertion does not effectively refute my claim since the times are different even though the space is the same.

The general implications of the terms you use dont allow for the construction of an idea which is able to effectively refute my claim; no matter what context you use the terms in.

Location hidden

#116768 Jul 3, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not precisely a threat, but definitely a seriously deranged fantasy involving shooting me repeatedly after I commit suicide. But not a threat. Nope, not you.
Now that we agree that that [email protected] is an a$$; lets move on...

Location hidden

#116769 Jul 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more than just an opinion when your actions fit the self hating homophobe to a tee.
You are entitled to your own opinion.

Level 9

into the night.

#116770 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Now that we agree that that [email protected] is an a$$; lets move on...
You use such harsh language in reference to yourself.

Are you going to make anymore threats to other posters. Scared huh. You should be.

Level 9

into the night.

#116771 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your own opinion.
He will be so grateful that you have signed off on his right to an opinion. Will you be tugging the rest of us over as well?

Level 9

into the night.

#116772 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Point blankly you have just suggested that you dont know what specifically "time" is; because you do not have a description that holds consistently for ALL cases of "time".
So whenever "time" is mentioned, your mind conceives of probabilities; not fact.
Therefore you cannot directly refute my claim.
My argument is concerned ONLY with the case where multiple events cannot occur at the same time in the same place; because the idea is most consistent with (what) TRUTH (is).
Equality allows me to assert full confidence through its directness.
Duplicity prevents you from even claiming to knowing what you know.
<quoted text>
I am going to suggest to you that there are so many "frames of reference", that it is not possible to form a specific description of time based on any of them; because will contradict others... and most probably do.
Present cases to show that I am inaccurate in that conclusion.
<quoted text>
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?
The term "smear" suggests "spreading" implying that they originated from different points (i.e. different places and possibly different times).
Hence my claim is not refuted because they do not originate from the same place.
The term "overlap" suggests "intersect", or that there is a "coming together at a point"; and there would have to be a separation in the first place in order for there to be a coming together.
Hence your assertion does not effectively refute my claim since the times are different even though the space is the same.
The general implications of the terms you use dont allow for the construction of an idea which is able to effectively refute my claim; no matter what context you use the terms in.
Point blank huh. Making your threats subliminally now. Coward!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 23 min Poppyann 429
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min 8541 MARINE 61,416
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 24 min Poppyann 10,623
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Jennifer Renee 20,548
2words into 2new words (May '12) 27 min Poppyann 5,052
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr seriously the ori... 200,782
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 1 hr Phaerae 16,517
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr Princess Hey 147,170
More from around the web