Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223358 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#116642 Jul 3, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
If you go back to the times of Shakespeare, the first stage of Modern English was spoken in nowadays England. They called themselves "the English". In the time of Chaucer, it was called Inglish. In the middle ages, it was called Ænglisc or Anglisc. Before 470 there was no single Angles or Saxes in Britain. Those people lived in northern Germany and spoke Ænglisc and Saxon dialects.
To which phase of English do you refer?
What is your stand, are you saying English did not started in England? Yes or no?
Now, if no, name one place in Europe, North America, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc, that were not influenced by England. That takes English as first language or lingua franca?

Level 2

Location hidden

#116643 Jul 3, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
If you go back to the times of Shakespeare, the first stage of Modern English was spoken in nowadays England. They called themselves "the English". In the time of Chaucer, it was called Inglish. In the middle ages, it was called Ænglisc or Anglisc. Before 470 there was no single Angles or Saxes in Britain. Those people lived in northern Germany and spoke Ænglisc and Saxon dialects.
To which phase of English do you refer?
English again, is English. According to Wikipedia and other sites, it began in England.
The Anglo Saxons from western Europe were the ancestors of the English race. This changes, whether old, middle, and modern, all began in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116644 Jul 3, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't know why you write this reaction to my post.
Please answer the post and not your own devises.
I call that,'' dodge''.
What i said was true.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116645 Jul 3, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> And then throw in French and give everything in English two names :)
Does that makes English to be French?
French was derived from Latin, does that makes French to be Latin? All NO!
ALLRIGHTYTHEN

Greenville, SC

#116646 Jul 3, 2014
aconcernedhuman wrote:
Gods and devils do not exist. That is all.
Close the door and turn off the lights if the debate is over now.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116647 Jul 3, 2014
aconcernedhuman wrote:
Gods and devils do not exist. That is all.
Don' t be deceived. They do exist.
Is it normal for a person, who was medically sound today, only for the person to be insane tomorrow, is that ordinary ?
The forces oFGood and Evil do exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116648 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The forces that makes one reason either foolishly or rightly, can it be seen physically?
Think before typing. I can say yes, when i meant no, can science very that, in the lab?
There are forces seen and unseen.
I meant, verify and not very.
If say yes outwardly when i truly meant no inwardly, can science verify that yes?
I think no!
We are only moved by what we see, which is outrightly wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116649 Jul 3, 2014
Scientist can only verify what they see, and call the others, myths. Too bad. Any way, not all.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116650 Jul 3, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We have the scriptures which give us information about the creation event as well as the whys and wherefores of our existence today.
And those could simply have been 'written' and placed in our memories and the world last Thursday.

So why do you believe your particular scriptures instead of the scriptures of other religions? They don't all agree, so most of them are wrong. Why do you think *yours* is correct?

“Be strong ...”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#116651 Jul 3, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the big bang there was the heating up of the singularity if I remember right. So how does something heat up without time? Post me a link on that and I will read it later.
How do you know this? It is not known what conditions were prior to the event or even for some micro fractions of a second after the event. There are of course theories, the oldest being god dunitwiv magic, choose any god from over 2400 claimed creator gods. The later theories are based on reality, observations of the universe today and mathematical models do not need or even include a god.

You can find several links to different theories here.
https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/recherche/d...
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-u...

“Be strong ...”

Level 6

Location hidden

#116652 Jul 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass is what comes after Chris, Chrismass .:) lol
There are a few definitions but ...the number and type of atoms or molecules contained.
Is what come to mind when we talk about a star.
1 solar mass = about two nonillion (2 followed by 30 zeros) kilograms
Density, weight, quantity, catholic church worship
Nonillion... that’s a lot of nothings
The thing about nothing is that they mean zero but all the other numbers would look pretty silly without it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116653 Jul 3, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is your logic that great amounts of time had to pass for the creation of all these things that may be in error. You imply that our Creator can not do miracles and cause things to happen more quickly than we can imagine.
But of course he can.

Which means: Welcome to Last Thursdayism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116654 Jul 3, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a slave, I am a FREE SERVANT! Whom the Son sets free is free indeed.
On the contrary, that's not possible for creationists. You're a slave to the Bible, your fundamentalist upbringing, and your God (free will does not exist if God does).

See? Your deity DID lie. So stop telling Him He can't. He doesn't care what you think. He has no limits.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116655 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Christians are mortals like every one else, but the difference is that we do not take solace in the things of this earth.
Indeed. You take solace in what comes after. You quite literally worship a death-cult.

That's why you're always babbling on about it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116656 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. But the truth must be said all the time, both parties, are very useful to each other, but the man is the head of the family.
The issue today, is women liberation, that is why there are high rate of divorce and single mothers today.
Which means, like I said, women don't need you.

“Be strong ...”

Level 6

Location hidden

#116657 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The forces that makes one reason either foolishly or rightly, can it be seen physically?
Think before typing. I can say yes, when i meant no, can science very that, in the lab?
There are forces seen and unseen.
Yes we can see it in you reasoning foolishly on a day by day basis

I am still waiting for this research on immortality that you insist I read.

And I am still waiting for you to provide one task that w woman can’t to other than e ejaculating semen. Which of course woman is needed for it to be of any worth other than a messy stain.

And you are no so confused and in denial that you must obfuscate to even sound credible to yourself.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116658 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English again, is English. According to Wikipedia and other sites, it began in England.
The Anglo Saxons from western Europe were the ancestors of the English race. This changes, whether old, middle, and modern, all began in England.
I am a bad bad boy

>:-)

“Be strong ...”

Level 6

Location hidden

#116659 Jul 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Garbage!
It does' nt prove reality. No one not even science can tell us how stay on earth. Good luck to your infatuation.
Facts are facts, you may call the garbage if that’s what excites you, it actually makes no difference to facts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#116660 Jul 3, 2014
ALLRIGHTYTHEN wrote:
<quoted text>Close the door and turn off the lights if the debate is over now.
Ah yes, but the issue now is... does England really own English?

Since: Mar 14

Gympie, Australia

#116661 Jul 3, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
In German we tend to form compound words. So it should be "Scheißkopf" but it is just a literal translation of the English "shit head" and it isn't a common insult in German. I don't know why but Americans and English think that "Scheißkopf" and "Schweinehund" would be common German insults. I first heard "Schweinehund" as an insult in English TV. Maybe you are confusing it with "Der innere Schweinehund" (The inner pig dog) but this has nothing to do with an insult. "Der innere Schweinehund" is a voice that makes you lazy and procrastinate.
Common insults in German that mean the same as "shit head" are
Arschgeige (ass violin)
Scheißkerl (shit guy)
Scheißer (shitter)
schweinhund is the name given the English commandos in 1970 s comic books. Die Englander dog, etc. lol stu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'd rather... (Oct '11) 2 min honeymylove 1,893
I Like..... (Mar '14) 6 min honeymylove 1,883
Word association (Jun '07) 6 min wichita-rick 7,567
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min honeymylove 230,786
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 19 min -Papa-Smurf- 14,474
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 25 min honeymylove 1,362
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 27 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,684
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr DumpTrump 35,067