Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199520 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#116514 Jul 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to illegally married?
And can you exist without the ovary? Honey masturbating over stony ground only causes you to frustration.
So you can NOT name one tasks that is barred from a female – thank you my work is done.
No opposition. But it is good to be married legally, it is welcomed culturally and constitutionally.
And again, can the ovary produce children without the man's semen?

Level 2

Location hidden

#116515 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a good question for you to ask your god.
Whatever!
But it is like a moral lesson, we are not perfect.
wondering

Morris, OK

#116516 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I meant Sagi A Star, but yes of the universe started collapsing it would effect us here now as soon as it started. I didn't say we would know everything that stat's happening hundreds or billions of light years away.
tell me how if the universe edges over 13 billion light years away started falling back in towards the center how that would effect us here the minute that happened, the year that happened, the century that happened, the millennium that happened!

Level 2

Location hidden

#116517 Jul 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And still you have not provided any clue where I can find this research into immortality that you are begging me to review
There is no need to prove fact.
My statement shows that we do not know when we are to die, despite you protestations, this is basic logic based on evidence and has nothing to do with your dreams of precognition.
My statement depends on the proof (that’s EVIDENCE) that the average life span in biblical times was 24 years and not it is approximately 78 years depending on your lifestyle
So no, not sh|t but juts every day topics that you are too dumb to have any reply for.
Total crap!
You have none to date. GUESSING OR PROJECTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERS, BUT SPECULATIONS.
wondering

Morris, OK

#116518 Jul 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever!
But it is like a moral lesson, we are not perfect.
if you prayed to your god to live longer than you are going to, he would not let you? your prayer would fall upon deafness?

Level 2

Location hidden

#116519 Jul 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature is a natural force, hence the name. It evolves over time and time is something science is thinking deeply about and the religious are guessing about “DOH!, we don’t know so it must be my god wotdunit because we don’t know... Jesus be praised I used to be really thick and illogical until I got religion”
As to death, the choice is not yours but none the less, why are you so certain that we don’t want to die? Many unhappy people want to die by suicide for whatever reason, many seriously (painfully) ill people want to be helped to die and are not allowed because of your namby-pamby religious mores. Many older people have decided that they have had their time and are content waiting to die. I know than when (if) I reach old age that I will be happy to turn my toes up.
But it is true there are some who are scared or greedy and want more than nature can give and they are godbots like you who waste there life living for the dream of eternity.
Not content with this dream they condemn everyone who does not so dream to a vastly more horrific alternative dream. To be honest, should such places turn out to have any founding in reality I think I would prefer the alternative than to be trapped in what you consider a heaven along with the likes of you.
Tell that to your self. It is not true.
wondering

Morris, OK

#116520 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
By the way, the universe doesn't have any edges ...moron.
think of it like this; when the singularity started to expand it sent out waves in all directions, like dropping a rock in water it sends out waves in all directions. the edges of those waves that were first produced are like the edges of the universe. you should have leaned that in middle school.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116521 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
if you prayed to your god to live longer than you are going to, he would not let you? your prayer would fall upon deafness?
Whatever!
Why should we bother our self with the temporary things of this world. We christians don't care about that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116522 Jul 2, 2014
Yes, God will never listen to us or any one, because, we christians know that, there is a big dichotomy between the body and the soul.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#116523 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! a link to what i said and corrected you on. do that make you feel smart for giving me a link that i already knew about and had to correct you on?
Sagi A Star is a group of stars and it is called that. You have a poor concept and attitude and there is no edge to the universe.

Tour of Sagittarius A*

http://chandra.si.edu/resources/animations/bl...
wondering

Morris, OK

#116524 Jul 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever!
Why should we bother our self with the temporary things of this world. We christians don't care about that.
whatever? so your god is not almighty and would not answer your prayer. if you were scheduled(he knows when right) to die tomorrow at a young age(40-70) and wanted to live longer with your children. he would deny your prayer and your children's prayers and take you away from your children, what kind of god is that.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#116525 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
think of it like this; when the singularity started to expand it sent out waves in all directions, like dropping a rock in water it sends out waves in all directions. the edges of those waves that were first produced are like the edges of the universe. you should have leaned that in middle school.
Now you are assuming expansion started in a singular place, the only edge we can see is the light horizon, But the universe is much larger and there is no edge.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#116526 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
http://astronomy.nmsu.edu/geas/lectures/lectu...
wondering

Morris, OK

#116527 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sagi A Star is a group of stars and it is called that. You have a poor concept and attitude and there is no edge to the universe.
Tour of Sagittarius A*
http://chandra.si.edu/resources/animations/bl...
even this link shows your a moron. but lets be humorous. when a star burns up/goes super nova what happens to it? it becomes a white dwarf unless it is 5 times the mass of our sun then it becomes what? a black hole is correct. in either case it is not a star any more is it. moron you can't even understand the links you post.
wondering

Morris, OK

#116528 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are assuming expansion started in a singular place, the only edge we can see is the light horizon, But the universe is much larger and there is no edge.
if there is not an end there has to be an edge. again you out witted me. the singularity expansion might have started with its back against the wall only expanding forward.
wondering

Morris, OK

#116529 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
mickey mouse links is all you use. try some science links.

Edge of the Universe
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/edge-univ...

or you can use your wiki

Assuming the universe is isotropic, the distance to the edge of the observable universe is roughly the same in every direction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_unive...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#116530 Jul 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
By the way, the universe doesn't have any edges ...moron.
And is infinite.

Level 6

#116531 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
it doesn't have ends for after all it might still be expanding, so yes it does have edges.
Wrong.

Level 6

#116532 Jul 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No opposition. But it is good to be married legally, it is welcomed culturally and constitutionally.
And again, can the ovary produce children without the man's semen?
And religiously, don’t forget religiously

I am still waiting for this research on immortality that you insist I read.

And can the man produce children without the ovaries producing the egg and the womb?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116533 Jul 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence that the universe is still expanding or currently speeding up in expansion. All there is evidence for is that is was expanding. We don't know if it still is or not. When we see something that is 5000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000 or 10,000,000 light years away we are not seeing it as it is. We are seeing it as it was. We are looking back in time and don't even know if it is the same, different or even still there. When using cosmological red shift we are using things in those measurements that may not even be there any longer or may have completely changed. Anything that is 1000 light years and up away, we can only guess about it even still being there.
Since stars are around for hundreds of millions to billions of years, I don't think that is a problem here. Yes, individual stars are probably gone, but the galaxies we see are still there. They don't disappear in a billion years.

Also, since we are looking at pictures more and more into the past as we look farther away, we can see directly how things change over time by comparing the nearby galaxies with those further away. That is what allows us to determine things like rates of expansion and acceleration. The differences are important here.
It is similar to holding a 400 year old picture in your hand of New York City and thinking it will look like that when you get there, you are looking back in time with that picture but when you get there (caught up in time), you see how much has changed.
In order for the expansion to stop, there has to be a very large force of some sort counter acting the expansion. What do you propose that force to be?

What we see when we look out is what is predicted by our models based on general relativity-increasing red shifts with distance, a background radiation, the variances in that radiation related to expansion rate, composition, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 min Sharlene45 2,342
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 192,968
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 6 min Yes sir 7,399
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 9 min Aussie Kev 3,244
News new Are Disney Princesses hurting your kid's se... 20 min Fundies R Mentall... 46
A six word game (Dec '08) 21 min Aussie Kev 19,234
News new NYPD: Man stuffed bag of feces in woman's p... 25 min Fundies R Mentall... 6
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 27 min Aussie Kev 35,248
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 48 min -Prince- 145,499
More from around the web