Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222225 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#116361 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You lack this, sense of humour.
Can technology or science stops death?
NO! GET THAT!
"Can technology or science stop death"?
Another joke, I suppose?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#116362 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are those in pains in their right frame of mind?
Depends on the mind.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116363 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Does that stops the menace of death?
Reduction, accelaration, etc, death is still death.
ALSO a joke?

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#116364 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can technology or science stops death?
NO! GET THAT!
Short term - yes; ultimately - no.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116365 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You lack this, sense of humour.
Can technology or science stops death?
NO! GET THAT!
So, NEXT time you produce REAL jokes, so we may smile a bit.
And don't hide yourself behind having produced jokes when you didn't.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116366 Jun 30, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Short term - yes; ultimately - no.
It was A JOKE.
You, like me, also seem to have no sense of humor.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#116367 Jun 30, 2014
You don't see scientists admitting that they're wrong (or maybe wrong) very often:

http://news.yahoo.com/big-bang-breakthrough-t...

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#116368 Jun 30, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was A JOKE.
You, like me, also seem to have no sense of humor.
Apparently so since my reply was meant for a chuckle. LoL.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#116369 Jun 30, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
You don't see scientists admitting that they're wrong (or maybe wrong) very often:
Don't rock the boat and stop the gravy train in grants. To bad there is politically correct science :( To bad the computer models on global warming don't match the results :)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#116370 Jun 30, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
Maybe wrong. Seems still in dispute.

"I think in retrospect, they should have been more careful about making a big announcement,"
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116371 Jun 30, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
"For weeks, some scientists have expressed doubts about the findings of the BICEP2 team."
Weeks?

Religion isn't even capable of getting rid of ITS caboodle for 4,100 years or so.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116372 Jun 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Don't rock the boat and stop the gravy train in grants. To bad there is politically correct science :( To bad the computer models on global warming don't match the results :)
EVEN WORSE is you LYING telling us how politically correct science can be.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#116373 Jun 30, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
Science by it's very nature is admitting it maybe wrong , or incomplete, this is why it is subjected to peer review and the method used to obtain the results are open to others.
It was this very thing that discovered why faster than the speed of light results were found to be faulty equipment. As with this project the European Space Agency is performing the same tests to confirm or dispute the results found here.

But this admission of fallibility is the strength to finding the truth, and why many times something else is discovered than originally intended. So don't say scientists don't say they maybe wrong, because they already think that from the start. Historically a few scientists couldn't accept they were wrong, and kept trying to prove they were right. But this is not the consensus that is sought to begin with and sometimes the persistence pays off and it's found they were right after all.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#116374 Jun 30, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this make sense to you when you wrote it?
Absoluter sense and it still does re-reading it so your problem with the English language is what?

Level 6

#116375 Jun 30, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be you're just a beoch to.:)
Could very well be.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116376 Jun 30, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it such a hard thing to see that life was made in kinds from the beginning? The Bible claims that there is nothing new under the sun and living things all multiply after their own kind. No real transition is or has occurred from one kind to another or we would see it everywhere. I know there has been oddities and deformed creatures that may look like something other than their own kind, but they do not reproduce to become a totally new kind.
There seems to be nothing difficult in adopting the puerile notion that "The Bible says it, I believe it and that settles it." (..or my preacher says it, or AiG says it or the Discovery Institute says it....) Certainly, it must be leaps and bounds easier than engaging in any critical thinking for yourself. I'll bet that must be a real load off of your shoulders... Thank God. 0.o

Level 6

#116377 Jun 30, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's not the analogy Cristina, no one is insinuating that the spoon was designed to be lethal, rather it cannot be held responsible for making you fat. That's the comparison.(Ergo,'Guns don't kill... Spoons don't fatten...')The whole 'killed by spoon' was just an adage on my part, because, well,'killed by spoon'. lol.
Ahh but our dear replaytime (to whom my first post on the subject was in reply to) was comparing the spoon and the gun. True they are both tools but as I have said, unlike the spoon, the gun was developed, designed and manufactured for one purpose... to kill.
Of course spoons were also designed for one specific purpose too but can be used to kill and have been.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116378 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Does that stops the menace of death?
Reduction, accelaration, etc, death is still death.
Are you going with the "stand" that death proves God? Then by your own petard war, starvation, accidents and disease are holy while peace, food, safety and health are tools of Satan.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#116379 Jun 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but our dear replaytime (to whom my first post on the subject was in reply to) was comparing the spoon and the gun. True they are both tools but as I have said, unlike the spoon, the gun was developed, designed and manufactured for one purpose... to kill.
Of course spoons were also designed for one specific purpose too but can be used to kill and have been.
I can see it happening now, Hillary gets elected and as president...
Starts the war on obesity and trending after NY'ers policy of banning large cups.
We will all have to eat with teaspoons and never tablespoons, because the tablespoons make you fat and dat kills you...lol

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116380 Jun 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You did' nt get me. By using my stand, i meant that , my stand has been on God the creator. Ok?
I wasn't trying to "get" you. I already do that. You routinely catch yourself with your own illogical statements.

Don't stand on your myth's shoulders or his coat-tails. It does nothing to change the evidence and it probably ticks him off..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
--- VATICAN PLAN to 'police' World's people ---... 13 min Starts SEPT 2017 1
True False Game (Jun '11) 13 min Sublime1 15,303
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 17 min Sublime1 5,901
News Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Involved in Weird In... 31 min Parden Pard 1
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Sublime1 5,459
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr Parden Pard 534
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 1 hr Parden Pard 9,323
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr seriously the ori... 222,071
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Rosa 25,241
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 1,255
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Rosa 76,827
More from around the web