Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218748 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#116103 Jun 26, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am really not sure what you position is. Your posts have left me with more confusion than clarity. Do you think you are safer with a gun or without a gun?
I don't carry a gun, I don't feel I need to. But I do not go places where I might or carry lots of cash or valuables with me either. But there could be instances where carrying a gun would be wise, Other people may have these threats or vulnerabilities when they move through errands
and think it less than wise if they are vulnerable. To answer that question I would have to say it's conditional and don't think everyone should be carrying guns around with them all the time.
But there are reasons people should, so the answer is normally no and conditionally yes.

“Let Him Who Is Without Sin”

Level 2

Since: May 12

Cast the First Stone

#116104 Jun 26, 2014
Everything you believe is true, will be.

Well, almost.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#116106 Jun 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, You still got nuthin'.
It is not speculation that Genesis says Adam was created in the gods' image. It is not speculation that the biblical YHWH frequently acted and reacted >exactly< as "imperfectly" as the average human would. The biblical god is not portrayed as some new age ethereal cotton candy cloud of perfect love energy. It is a human construct and thus inevitably and intrinsically human-like.
Does that explains how the universe came? NO!

Level 2

Location hidden

#116107 Jun 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that telling you about this God is unwanted and unnecessary, but you apparently want me to praise and ignorantly regurgitate some biblical myth about this God and Creation. Yeah, that's reasonable and logical. 0.o
So tell me, did the universe came by accident?

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#116108 Jun 27, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the same way, the Y chromosome only passes via the male line, so we can determine genetics of the male line by looking at the Y chromosome.
:-)

Level 2

Location hidden

#116109 Jun 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have told you, your word is not evidence, the babble is not evidence
As for the rest I have provide links that you may use to educate yourself. Even multiple posts limited to 4000 characters a time on topix will never be enough to compress many years of scientific/cosmological understanding into a form that your thick and deliberately ignorant mind can absorb.
And you still have not defined any flaws as you claim.– I wonder why, could it be cause you are lying and have no way to dig yourself out?
Gibberish.
In summary, we die, because we are limited.
Again, without the man, the woman can not be pregnant.
Lastly, the universe never came by accident. Period.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116110 Jun 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeezooos fooking christ on a crutch - are we starting all over again again
Until you provide a valid evidence to assertions, you are guessing or projecting. Death only shows the limitations of man( humans).
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#116111 Jun 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So tell me, did the universe came by accident?
Until the Planck epoch: no.
Mugwump

Coa, UK

#116112 Jun 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Until you provide a valid evidence to assertions, you are guessing or projecting. Death only shows the limitations of man( humans).
Death shows the limitations of ALL biological life , but so what ? What is the point you are trying to make?

Level 6

#116113 Jun 27, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that! Where do you live, mouth?
Oh good then if you have no problem you will retain from bitching to other people – right

Wrong, I live in the NW UK but it’s so funny that whenever you open yours some idiot puts there foot in it.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116114 Jun 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Until you provide a valid evidence to assertions, you are guessing or projecting. Death only shows the limitations of man( humans).
Claim: there is a god.
Claim: he created the universe and life.

Question: do you have evidence (in the same fashion you asked Christine) for you god?
Question: do you have evidence of the creation process?
Question: do you have evidence for the mechanisms used by god to create?

Do NEVER ask evidence for your opponent's position when you yourself have no evidence for yours.

Level 6

#116115 Jun 27, 2014
their

Level 2

Location hidden

#116116 Jun 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in a Semitic myth does nothing to change "how the universe came."
Did you think that the Mesopotamian ancestors and predecessors of the Jews were monotheistic? Of course the Israelite priests said not to worship a female. That wouldn't be macho and would threaten the entire temple hierarchy.(And that's why Mary M. was later whispered to be a whore, too. Arrogant b4stards...)
Like i said, i don't need any one to tell me about this God. The universe is my evidence and defence.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116117 Jun 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish.
Lastly, the universe indeed, according to science, did not came by accident, at least as far as we know (until the Planck epoch).

Claim: the universe never came by accident.
Question: how do you know? Evidence?

"Again, without the man, the woman can not be pregnant".
Yes we all know of the birds and the bees.
And?

Level 6

#116118 Jun 27, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. She knows everything just ask her.
Which is more than you have the bottle to do... Still bitching behind my back despite your claims.

Also wrong, as expected, I know what I know, it is a long way from everything but considerably more than the great god Charlie Idemi, and you by the looks of it

Level 2

Location hidden

#116119 Jun 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in a Semitic myth does nothing to change "how the universe came."
Did you think that the Mesopotamian ancestors and predecessors of the Jews were monotheistic? Of course the Israelite priests said not to worship a female. That wouldn't be macho and would threaten the entire temple hierarchy.(And that's why Mary M. was later whispered to be a whore, too. Arrogant b4stards...)
The bible never denied that, the Israelite were not idol worshippers, but with time, they began to see the truth about God.
Even though many of them still idol worshipping as the order of the day.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#116120 Jun 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish.
BTW, we not die because we are limited, but because of:
1) natural disasters
2) starvation when there is not enough food around
3) eaten by predators
4) infections caused by microbes
5) genetically programmed cell death cumulating
6) traffic accidents
7) homicide
8) genetic diseases mostly due to genetic errors in the DNA
9) ageing by cumulating DNA errors due to radiation and the impact of mutagen chemicals.

Limited? Superfluous explanation only blurring things.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116121 Jun 27, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah - a great 'Did you know...' opportunity.
Did you know...
The head of all Native Indian tribes is actually the Chief's wife? She makes all the decisions (in private) and the Chief, who is basically the spokesperson, delivers this to the tribe.
Nice.
I know that the women do have the power, but despite that, without the strength of the men, the women are nothing.

Level 6

#116122 Jun 27, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Let me add to this;
Don't ever blame it on guns. I have never seen a spoon make anyone fat.
A spoon by itself or even having many spoons will actually make a person lose weight. It all changes when that "person" chooses poorly what to do with/how to use with that spoon.
A gun by itself or even having many guns will actually make a person safer. It all changes when that "person" chooses what to do with/how to use that gun.
Spoons were never designed and manufactured specifically to kill and injure people, which guns were.
And you have to admit that there are far more gun injuries than spoon injuries despite the fact that there are several times more spoons than guns.

Level 2

Location hidden

#116123 Jun 27, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah - a great 'Did you know...' opportunity.
Did you know...
The head of all Native Indian tribes is actually the Chief's wife? She makes all the decisions (in private) and the Chief, who is basically the spokesperson, delivers this to the tribe.
Quite true, as long as it is private and not public. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Goku Black 209,806
A to Z songs by title or group! 36 min wichita-rick 596
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs 54 min wichita-rick 9
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 13,004
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 16,742
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 18,200
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 83,458
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr streetglidehoney 2,142
News Mums sick of kids' illnesses - 18 times a year 2 hr Enzo49 30
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Enzo49 68,063