Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#116007 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I see no contradiction here. Man was created in the image of God and woman was taken from the man.
No of course you don’t, I deliberately used the KJV translation for such a response

However other translations use the word ‘mankind’ or the phrase ‘human beings’ or ‘humans’ which are closer to the meaning of original Hebrew

So let’s now try the NIV, same verse - So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Now do you see a contradiction between that passage and 2 – 18:23?

Also funny that men do not have a missing rib don’t you think?

Level 6

#116008 Jun 26, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the contradiction that it never happened.
There is always that too of course

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#116009 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is the woman the head of the family?
Men have the X and Y Chromosomes, while the women only have the X Chromosomes. Is that true?
Ah - a great 'Did you know...' opportunity.

Did you know...

The head of all Native Indian tribes is actually the Chief's wife? She makes all the decisions (in private) and the Chief, who is basically the spokesperson, delivers this to the tribe.

Sao Paulo

#116010 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I only know what I gather from the scripture. We read that God is the father of all things and he is a Spirit with cloudlike hands and he created the angels who have the appearance of men. We read that God said "Let us make man in our image and likeness and let them have dominion over all the earth" and Adam was created from the dust of the earth. We read that Eve (the mother of all descendants) was made from Adams rib when he was put into a deep sleep. The power of our Creator was at work here and I can not speculate as to how this event happened in detail.
Wait. Dust of the Earth. OK, may well be, but why not do the same thing with the woman?

Whoever wrote this stuff must have been on some pretty powerful medication.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#116011 Jun 26, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what it says. We ain't buying it.
By the way, the hebrew words for "man" and "woman" are not even remotely similar. That part was simply contrived (along with the rest of the story). Man is "adam", woman is "ishshah".
I may be wrong but I thought Iysh meant man and me Iysh meant from man.

Sao Paulo

#116012 Jun 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how God couldn't find Adam and Eve because they were hiding...
Seriously? I've really got to read this Bible.

*lifting rocks*
'Now where did those silly humans go?'

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#116013 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I may be wrong but I thought Iysh meant man and me Iysh meant from man.
Lysh can be man. But "from man" is not the same as "woman"
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#116014 Jun 26, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Lysh can be man. But "from man" is not the same as "woman"
What about ishah meaning woman and meiysh means from man or iysh and ba-ish-to means wife? Sounds close to me. Maybe we need an expert to explain these things to us here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#116015 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What about ishah meaning woman and meiysh means from man or iysh and ba-ish-to means wife? Sounds close to me. Maybe we need an expert to explain these things to us here.
But they still aren't as contrived as man and WOman.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#116016 Jun 26, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
But they still aren't as contrived as man and WOman.
It isn't contrived. I was expecting some joker from your side to make a wise crack of some sort about all those ishes and women having to do the dishes or something like that.

Level 6

#116017 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't contrived. I was expecting some joker from your side to make a wise crack of some sort about all those ishes and women having to do the dishes or something like that.
Nah, that’s Islam, christian women are trained to bring beer
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#116018 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, that’s Islam, christian women are trained to bring beer
Funny!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#116019 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't contrived. I was expecting some joker from your side to make a wise crack of some sort about all those ishes and women having to do the dishes or something like that.
No women do the dishes first thing when they get out of the abused women shelter if they know what is good for them (Sorry I know that is pretty bad )
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#116020 Jun 26, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> No women do the dishes first thing when they get out of the abused women shelter if they know what is good for them (Sorry I know that is pretty bad )
NOT so funny!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116021 Jun 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? I've really got to read this Bible.
*lifting rocks*
'Now where did those silly humans go?'
Gen 3:8-9

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116022 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I am enlightened
In the same way, the Y chromosome only passes via the male line, so we can determine genetics of the male line by looking at the Y chromosome.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#116023 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that all life began very simple and then became more complex over time? Do you believe life was just simple chemical reactions in the beginning?
Given the evidence we have those are reasonable conclusions. Living things contain chemical reactions and are comprised of organic compounds so why is it such a shocking idea to think that is how it started?

St. James, NY

#116024 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I only know what I gather from the scripture. We read that God is the father of all things and he is a Spirit with cloudlike hands and he created the angels who have the appearance of men. We read that God said "Let us make man in our image and likeness and let them have dominion over all the earth" and Adam was created from the dust of the earth. We read that Eve (the mother of all descendants) was made from Adams rib when he was put into a deep sleep. The power of our Creator was at work here and I can not speculate as to how this event happened in detail.
And how would you teach that in a science class? What physical mechanisms were used?

See, the problem we are having (well, one of the problems) is we are being accused of using science to attack God and the Bible. But that is merely a self-fulfilling prophecy because you are using Scripture to attack science. And when people defend the science, a criticism of the scientific veracity of the Scripture becomes inevitable.

Additionally, you are using a non-scientific argument against science, which is a non starter. If you had any kind of scientific evidence that supported the Biblical view, that would be something. But your entire argument seems to be the Bible says Evolution is wrong therefore it is wrong, evidence be damned.

The fact that it is completely possible to accept the Bible and Evolution is a different problem entirely.

St. James, NY

#116025 Jun 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah - a great 'Did you know...' opportunity.
Did you know...
The head of all Native Indian tribes is actually the Chief's wife? She makes all the decisions (in private) and the Chief, who is basically the spokesperson, delivers this to the tribe.
I seem to recall reading that some very early cultures were Matriarchal. I guess the whole giving life thing was kinda a big deal.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Location hidden

#116026 Jun 26, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the evidence we have those are reasonable conclusions. Living things contain chemical reactions and are comprised of organic compounds so why is it such a shocking idea to think that is how it started?
Because:

A:) Those conclusion are based on and rely on evidence.

B) Those conclusion aren't sufficiently vague

3) THAT'S NOT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Impossible brand and product combinations (Jan '12) 3 min DILF 404
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min DILF 10,302
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 min Mechanic 4,213
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 4 min DILF 25,729
Things to do while waiting........ 5 min DILF 352
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 6 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,603
Still arguing with Billy R (Oct '09) 7 min Proud To Be Trina 542
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 14 min TALLYHO 8541 8,159
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Whose Fool 159,974
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr bros before hos 53
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 2 hr dragoon70056 266
More from around the web