Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223289 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#116039 Jun 26, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Science is a study of the natural material things on Earth and throughout the universe. It is only possible to accept the Bible if you do not deny the power of the God of the Bible. All power in heaven and in earth is in God's hands, and all things are possible with him. The real evidence will verify his existence. I would not teach any speculation in science class as being fact like I think some people are doing with Darwinism.
Would you allow teaching that light is a form of electromagnetic radiation? How about that fusion happens in the cores of stars? How about that the half-life of U238 is about 5 billion years? How about that there are atoms? Or subatomic particles?

The inferences that species change over geological time is as established as the fact that fusion happens inside stars. That isn't speculation. It is deduction from the known laws of physics and from observation.

The problem is that the *facts* show your bronze-age myths are wrong.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#116040 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Hello!
Howdy. Think I'll have to stop by this thread more often to get my daily dose of Smackdown.

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#116041 Jun 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once is not "every time", what you typed in reply was inaccurate and a thread is not a private conversation.
State something correctly and I won't see any reason to correct you.
Why don't you just ignore me. Usually that's what I do to you.

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116042 Jun 26, 2014
You guys keep whining and crying and taking God the flag, morals and anything good that you don't what to abide by and doesn't fit your life style choice out of the schools and the kids will just keep piling up on the floor. K? Then you can blame it on guns.

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116043 Jun 26, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy. Think I'll have to stop by this thread more often to get my daily dose of Smackdown.
Lol. I'd get carpal tunnel if I stayed here to long.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#116044 Jun 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you allow teaching that light is a form of electromagnetic radiation? How about that fusion happens in the cores of stars? How about that the half-life of U238 is about 5 billion years? How about that there are atoms? Or subatomic particles?
The inferences that species change over geological time is as established as the fact that fusion happens inside stars. That isn't speculation. It is deduction from the known laws of physics and from observation.
The problem is that the *facts* show your bronze-age myths are wrong.

After his reply that he could not believe we thought that, Male and female were 'created" thousands to hundreds of thousands years apart. I concluded you may as well be trying to correspond with goldfish or a parakeet. He hasn't the ability to solve the riddles of life.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#116045 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I'd get carpal tunnel if I stayed here to long.
Your vinyl looks great today :)

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#116046 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
You guys keep whining and crying and taking God the flag, morals and anything good that you don't what to abide by and doesn't fit your life style choice out of the schools and the kids will just keep piling up on the floor. K? Then you can blame it on guns.
Don't ever blame it on guns. I have never seen a spoon make anyone fat.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#116047 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
Now, I believe all of us through the establishment of the Constitution and laws of this country, have said the government can't put a religion in the front door, back door or side window of the schools. If that were to change which religion should get top billing? I haven't seen anyone on here advocating the removal of the flag of United States from anywhere. Do you really want government to be teaching morals through the public school system. To some extent they do by process of monitoring behavior and promoting citizenship, but again, who would mandate which set of morals get taught under a broad base of teaching them in school? Where would that leave churches? You sound more like you are preaching against a political stance than for or against religion or science. Do you think science is a liberal political agenda? And conversely that religion is a conservative political agenda?

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116048 Jun 26, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Your vinyl looks great today :)
Hello! Thank you! I just waxed. ; )

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#116049 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want any particular religious group trying to subvert the Constitution and the rights of everyone and insist on dictating policy on science education because the science makes them uncomfortable and may disagree with their beliefs.

The people that keep piling this up behave like children, but they are adults.

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116050 Jun 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A spoon certainly can make you fat! If you use it as exercise equipment. Lol.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#116051 Jun 26, 2014
Let me add to this;

A spoon by itself or even having many spoons will actually make a person lose weight. It all changes when that "person" chooses poorly what to do with/how to use with that spoon.

A gun by itself or even having many guns will actually make a person safer. It all changes when that "person" chooses what to do with/how to use that gun.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#116052 Jun 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't even chocolate cake and pizza that makes anyone fat. Though they are fattening. And delicious. I like cake.

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116053 Jun 26, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I believe all of us through the establishment of the Constitution and laws of this country, have said the government can't put a religion in the front door, back door or side window of the schools. If that were to change which religion should get top billing? I haven't seen anyone on here advocating the removal of the flag of United States from anywhere. Do you really want government to be teaching morals through the public school system. To some extent they do by process of monitoring behavior and promoting citizenship, but again, who would mandate which set of morals get taught under a broad base of teaching them in school? Where would that leave churches? You sound more like you are preaching against a political stance than for or against religion or science. Do you think science is a liberal political agenda? And conversely that religion is a conservative political agenda?
Yes I do think science has a political agenda. Where do you think they get most of their funding? Government is in the schools, they fund them.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#116054 Jun 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Let me add to this;
A spoon by itself or even having many spoons will actually make a person lose weight. It all changes when that "person" chooses poorly what to do with/how to use with that spoon.
A gun by itself or even having many guns will actually make a person safer. It all changes when that "person" chooses what to do with/how to use that gun.
A gun will not make you safer. It will allow you to protect yourself. Possession of a gun or large numbers of guns can make you less safe. Think of all those that have been killed with their own gun. The point is that large amounts of cash might make you less safe, but can also protect you depending how you use it. But to say that guns make you safer by the mere possession of them can be extended equally to something like dynamite or ebola cultures and be equally wrong.

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116055 Jun 26, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't even chocolate cake and pizza that makes anyone fat. Though they are fattening. And delicious. I like cake.
Great. Now I'm hungry.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#116056 Jun 26, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I believe all of us through the establishment of the Constitution and laws of this country, have said the government can't put a religion in the front door, back door or side window of the schools. If that were to change which religion should get top billing? I haven't seen anyone on here advocating the removal of the flag of United States from anywhere. Do you really want government to be teaching morals through the public school system. To some extent they do by process of monitoring behavior and promoting citizenship, but again, who would mandate which set of morals get taught under a broad base of teaching them in school? Where would that leave churches? You sound more like you are preaching against a political stance than for or against religion or science. Do you think science is a liberal political agenda? And conversely that religion is a conservative political agenda?
I do think morals should be taught in schools. Morals are not religion. Being taught to not lie cheat or steal are a moral code not a religious one

“Me Me Me!”

Location hidden

#116057 Jun 26, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>A gun will not make you safer. It will allow you to protect yourself. Possession of a gun or large numbers of guns can make you less safe. Think of all those that have been killed with their own gun. The point is that large amounts of cash might make you less safe, but can also protect you depending how you use it. But to say that guns make you safer by the mere possession of them can be extended equally to something like dynamite or ebola cultures and be equally wrong.
Teaching the kids wrong from right will keep us all safer.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#116058 Jun 26, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do think science has a political agenda. Where do you think they get most of their funding? Government is in the schools, they fund them.
Scientists might, but scientists don't. Actually more and more, funding is coming from private sources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 5 min Faerydust 2,175
Caught on video 3 18 min Jackie 326
Change-one-of-six-letters (Oct '15) 21 min Faerydust 360
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 26 min Faerydust 35,205
girls choosing to not wear panties ok or not? (Apr '12) 29 min Faerydust 162
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min Jackie 227,279
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 41 min Faerydust 84,569
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 46 min Faerydust 16,586
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Jackie 6,985
More from around the web