Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222784 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115976 Jun 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the "first" life just came to life, no life then life so to speak. It had no ancestors, did not know what survival was and probably didn't even realize what "life" was.
There is a basic point here that many people get messed up with. The first 'life' didn't have any ancestors, in the sense of previous life. But it most certainly did have precursors, in the sense of complex collections of chemical reactions.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115977 Jun 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Again just because I read a lot. Change of topic and a interesting one.
Scientists Spot Trio of Black Holes in Distant Galaxy's Core. That's right not one, not two, but three. Each have masses around 100 million times that of the sun.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/scientis...
This isn't the only time such trios have been found. None of the articles I found say what type of galaxy this is, but I would guess a large elliptical since they are generally formed by merging smaller galaxies. The idea is that the three black holes were originally in three different galaxies that then merged.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115978 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, the other of your post are based on mere speculations.
IOW, You still got nuthin'.
It is not speculation that Genesis says Adam was created in the gods' image. It is not speculation that the biblical YHWH frequently acted and reacted >exactly< as "imperfectly" as the average human would. The biblical god is not portrayed as some new age ethereal cotton candy cloud of perfect love energy. It is a human construct and thus inevitably and intrinsically human-like.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115979 Jun 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty well established that it was created in the bronze age by a certain agrarian society's tribal priests - and largely from lore borrowed from other regional civilizations.(In terms you might relate to, vis-a-vis England owns English, Mesopotamia owns God.) My opinions can't alter that.
Don't and i say don't underestimate the ancients, without their civilisations, there will be nothing like the new age. OK?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115980 Jun 26, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
So two humans poofing into existence is a myth
Yet organisms poofing into existence is science.
You really are brainwashed
There never was any poofing. You really are brain dead.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115981 Jun 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and asteroids. You proposal and analogy are unrelated - as are biblical creation and reality.
That is not an answer. I call that,'' dodge''.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#115982 Jun 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Sell that to ChristineM.
Cheers, I’ll get to his post next...

Level 2

Location hidden

#115983 Jun 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. God originally had a wife (Asherah) but she was written out of the story. You have no evidence that either energy or motivation is or is the result of any of the deities that have been created by men's imaginations - including the one you happen to like or the figment you call Satan.
And that again, is just your opinion. It does not change how the universe came.
Asherah?
The bible mentioned that goddess, and warned the Israelite not to worship her, how can she be the wife of God?

Level 6

#115984 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Secularly, we are in the masculine or men' s world.
Men are seen to be more powerful than their female counterparts, and that attributes is used for GOD.
What a load of misogynistic bollocks

Men (some men) see their lofty way in the world because of nothing more than religion and the fear of women as indoctrinated by religion, the power of women over men indoctrinated by religion, the jealousy of men in relationships strengthened by religion. The selfish need for ownership of women by men as indoctrinated by abrahamic religion.

For millions of year before ‘the goddinit with magic so man is best brigade’ hit the streets and in every other single species on this earth women have an equal part to play in life. In most tribes women were revered as mothers, providers of the future, closer to nature than man could ever get.

The misogyny of abrahamic religion has held back human development for over 2000 years. Only in the last 50 or so years has that abhorrence come to be recognised.

Although the glass ceiling still exists there are many women who have proven to be as capable as men in every (EVERY) field, jeez, some countries even had/have female leaders, it’s only the bronze age church throw backs like you who resist reality and equality.

Men may be seen to be more powerful than women to little misanthropic tits like you, and true they have (usually) more powerful bodies, but mental process is a different matter and I really would love to see you passing a football through your a$$.

The only reason you see women as inferior is because you are a sexist moron throwback who diminishes the women in your life as your good babble teaches.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#115985 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don' t need any one to tell me about this God.
The evidence are just all around me, the universe and all its elements, how did they came?
You say that telling you about this God is unwanted and unnecessary, but you apparently want me to praise and ignorantly regurgitate some biblical myth about this God and Creation. Yeah, that's reasonable and logical. 0.o

Level 2

Location hidden

#115986 Jun 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Sell that to ChristineM.
Is the woman the head of the family?
Men have the X and Y Chromosomes, while the women only have the X Chromosomes. Is that true?

Level 2

Location hidden

#115987 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, your word is not evidence, the babble is not evidence
Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
The is no evidence of fact to say god dunitwiv magic, there is evidence to say the laws of causality did not exists until after the event
Please define claimed flaws...I dare you
Tell me since you have the evidence how did the universe came?

Level 6

#115988 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can you accurately tell me the seconds, minutes, hours or time, any living human are going to die?
Can you do that, with all the so called knowledge acquired?
Can you? You keep asking this question and I keep answering and asking you the same and you have never -not once – ever responded with your answer so I repeat – can you?

And more to the point what relevance is it to god dunitwiv magic compared to scientific observation of the expanding universe?

However just to satisfy you curiosity (LOL) I can use statistics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

And I note from statistics that the average life expectancy for the guys who wrote the babble was 26. I really do wonder how much life experience that had by then

But hey, ho , what the chances that you will ignore this once again and go back around for yet another try at flummery and magic and i believe so it must be true because i believe
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#115989 Jun 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that whole 'rib' thing. I never did get that very well. So, women were created from the rib of a man? How does that work?
@Free, can you explain that to me?
I only know what I gather from the scripture. We read that God is the father of all things and he is a Spirit with cloudlike hands and he created the angels who have the appearance of men. We read that God said "Let us make man in our image and likeness and let them have dominion over all the earth" and Adam was created from the dust of the earth. We read that Eve (the mother of all descendants) was made from Adams rib when he was put into a deep sleep. The power of our Creator was at work here and I can not speculate as to how this event happened in detail.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115990 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Things die, no need of god magic to discern this
Facts do not die.
Ofcourse. Facts can never die. And you don't have any of them relating to the universe.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#115991 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not an answer. I call that,'' dodge''.
Don't blame me for your inability to recognize and accept the limitations and foibles the Bible indicates about its own main character. Explain how God couldn't find Adam and Eve because they were hiding. Explain how Moses argued with and convinced God not to kill the calf worshipers. Explain the wager with Satan over Job's faithfulness. Explain the Isaac test. Explain how angels convinced God not to obliterate S&G outright. Explain how the >>>sole purpose<<< of humans is to boost the deity's ego with praise. With the exception of alleged longevity and infinite power, the YHWH figure is as human as you are.

Level 6

#115992 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is the woman the head of the family?
Men have the X and Y Chromosomes, while the women only have the X Chromosomes. Is that true?
Try asking that to a woman who’s highly responsible husband has dropped her in the club and then taken steps – big ones in the opposite direction to shack up with a younger model.

What is the head of the family anyway? Oh you mean the typical mafia family, severed horses heads in the type of thing? Certainly in my family, headship is equally shared between my husband and me. And in just about every other family I know. Men have advantages in some tasks, women in others, this does not mean men are better than women, it means that men are better at some tasks while women are better at others and together all tasks get done

Or perhaps you mean the extended family - patriarch sort of thing, sorry to disappoint you but matriarchs have just the same place in family life as patriarchs.

Do the men have mDNA? Nope and that too is true

Do the men give birth to continue the family? Nope and that too is true

Using you logic of language we get - women birth the children so women own the children.

How does that grab ya?

Level 6

#115993 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell me since you have the evidence how did the universe came?
I have told you, your word is not evidence, the babble is not evidence

As for the rest I have provide links that you may use to educate yourself. Even multiple posts limited to 4000 characters a time on topix will never be enough to compress many years of scientific/cosmological understanding into a form that your thick and deliberately ignorant mind can absorb.

And you still have not defined any flaws as you claim.– I wonder why, could it be cause you are lying and have no way to dig yourself out?

Level 6

#115994 Jun 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse. Facts can never die. And you don't have any of them relating to the universe.
Jeezooos fooking christ on a crutch - are we starting all over again again

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115995 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Do the men have mDNA? Nope and that too is true
One nit-pick (I agree with the rest of your post). Yes, men do have mitochondrial DNA. Everyone has mDNA in every one of their cells since mitochondria provide the energy for the body.

The reason mDNA is used for genetic studies is that it is actually passed from the mother to all offspring through the egg cell (unlike the mDNA from sperm). That means we can trace the female lines by analyzing mDNA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 2 min andet1987 4,060
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min andet1987 13,734
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min andet1987 22,600
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 9 min andet1987 84,056
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 39,829
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 10 min andet1987 49,915
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 13,171
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min andet1987 17,671
True False Game (Jun '11) 16 min andet1987 15,589
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 27 min Brandiiiiiiii 27,698