Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,482)

Showing posts 109,621 - 109,640 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am glad to see this. Now, you said, if Germany was/ is the world power unlike Britain, there would have been nothing like slavery or colonialism. And i am telling that, that is not true.
Germany was/ is part of that. The conference were all the European powers decided the fate of Africans were decided in your country, can you deny that?
Do you have any proves?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I look at what others have defined to be properties that 'God' shoudl have and decide if they are consistent together or separately. If you have a different property to conisder, let me know.
<quoted text>
Consistency? Hm hm hm hm hm.

SO at the point where " what others have defined to be properties that 'God' shoudl have and decide if they are consistent together or separately":

1. will it prove that God as such exists?

2. would that method be "scientific" enough so that you can draw a realistic, accurate and valid conclusion?

That line of thinking resembles something I tried a few posts back.

Can you recall the types of remarks that were passed by people who dont share my views?

What makes you any different from me when you make "BASELESS ASSUMPTIONS" (e.g. that there is a God who may have "properties")?
polymath257 wrote:
No, I am *attempting* to get you to state the attributes so I can decide whether I believe something possesses those attributes...
Since when?

Have I NOT stated nor suggested any properties or effects by which the influence of an almighty may be identified?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to know my enemies.
It is a shame that you don't recognize what the Americans did to our people.
It is also typical for Americans that they called me a Nazi. Why does Nazism depend on the nationality? There are more Nazis in America than in Germany. I am a German patriot but I am not a Nazi. Nazis hate Germany. They are our enemies as well.
Yet you talk just like them.
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I talk like them? I love Germany. They hate Germany.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
For a whale to be an the ark rather than beneath it? Yeah, I would hope to hear the reasoning behind that...
The good book tells us that all animals were represented in the ark.
True that whales are not kosher but even so, keeping only 2 in a wooden boat that cannot be made with today’s technology, never mind bronze age axes, for almost a year is pushing the boundaries of reality. Particularly when you consider the other 18 million animals had to fit in too.

Even if the book was lying (god forbid) and it did not include sea creatures then consider the effect that billions of tons of fresh (salt free) rain would have on the saline levels of the sea.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried telling then that.
Tried telling them that Christians identify with the Eastern concept of God (AL/EL) which means power, source, mighty etc.
We do not concern ourselves with the Egyptian, Greek, Roman etc concepts which describe God as a "supernatural being".
Youre a girl, maybe they will listen to you.
Lying for Jesus in the modern age, eh?
You concern yourself with the Mesopotamian and Semitic concepts which describe God as a "supernatural being." There is no way to interpret biblical scripture in any other manner than that YHWH is an anthropomorphic deity.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say that over and over again, who cares. But that assertions can never change whether the universe was made.
As long as it exist, it was made, disprove that if you can.
A question, can science accurately tell any one his or her future?
Actually it does chance, it changed just a couple of months ago from 10^-34 to 10^-35. Now those numbers are probably too small for you to imagine (billions of times faster then the fastest click tick of the fastest computer ever made) but that makes no difference to the fact that the science of cosmology is getting closer to an answer

As long as it exist, it exists - Prove that it exist because some supernatural entity said abracadabra and magiced it our of nothing - read the babble.

An answer, can the babble?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well, at least she is getting better at giving us something from the Bible to ponder. I don't really know if she is actually right or wrong about some of this.
Actually I often supply stuff from the babble, the reason you tend to ignore it is it is the stuff that that shows christianity in a bad light and you hope it will all go away next time it is reprinted.

Could be time to educate yourself then.

Just the facts!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the definitions of Nazi:

"one who is likened to a German Nazi : a harshly domineering, dictatorial, or intolerant person"

Describers "deutscher stolz" pretty well, doesn't it?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Halt!
I don' t need credibility from any one. I stand for the truth, and those with the right sense, will always justify that.

Nope, you stand for your faith, there is a huge difference between faith and truth. To call your faith, trust is simply a lie based on distorting the meanings of words. A christian trait that also gets them a bad rep in the real world

You do not need your sort of sense to discern truth, truth will always have the quality of being true and is in accordance with fact and/or reality

And if you need your faith to justify lies then you have a problem right there

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
"one who is likened to a German Nazi : a harshly domineering, dictatorial, or intolerant person"
Spot on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
If this shows up more than once, blame topix for being ignorant and not posting it.
Just my opinion but I think a lot of people have a problem with evolution for several reasons.
To name a few that they don't/won't understand or accept;
1. prediction- science uses prediction to predict the past(upper fossils to lower fossils). think about that, "predict what has already happened". it almost sounds like an oxymoron statement.
2. evidence- we have not seen speciation occur physically, only in fossils used to predict the past species. It is told how it all works based upon mutations and natural selection which again we have never seen either create a new species.
3.words- what a word means in science many times means something different to the rest of the world. prediction for example mainly refers to the future, not past.
4. take physics for example, it does make predictions of the future as in what time the sun will rise, what time a eclipse will happen etc. evolution biology cannot be used to make future predictions or outcomes though it can see how things of work today.
5. variety- variety starts at conception/birth for we are not clones of either parent. variety is seen daily in just about every species but has never been seen to produce a new species.
There are more but I think you all get an ideal of what I am talking about. Science is not made for the public to understand but yet want the public to swallow it so to speak..I also think there is more that science knows but won't disclose do to what-ever reasons.
Anyways just my opinion and thought I would throw it out there. Now I know a certain little troll from the UK will come on and say my opinion is irrelevant, but that is expected lol.
I am in agreement.

I could not have said it better if I said it myself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
What I mean by not made for the public to understood (it is the same in the medical field) is let’s say you came in ER having hard trouble breathing and after a few tests I said “you have a pneumothorax on the right and a pleural effusion on the left. Both are going to require a thoracentesis” now most people would say WTF are you talking about!!! I could have just said you have an air pocket outside your right lung and a fluid pocket outside your left lung in the pleural space not letting your lungs expand as they should and I am going to insert a tube in each to drain those. Then they would be like oh, ok.
And you know what interests me most of all?

Those are the same types of people who would tell you that the terms you are using are "vague"?

LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, We can also conclude that God is a source of power, in the sense that, the other of his creations, are not creative like God, except the humans.
Others may be creative in their own right, but one can not compare it with that of humans, because we were all made in his likeness and image.
I understand.

I agree.

Just the facts!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to know my enemies.
It is a shame that you don't recognize what the Americans did to our people.
It is also typical for Americans that they called me a Nazi. Why does Nazism depend on the nationality? There are more Nazis in America than in Germany. I am a German patriot but I am not a Nazi. Nazis hate Germany. They are our enemies as well.
I feel truly sorry for your host family in America. They have my deepest sympathy!
Well, little boy - keep up your puerile rants and see where they get you.

Pray, what DID the Americans do to your people? Freed them from the Hitler regime, that's what. Freed thousands from Concentration Camps (or are you denying that?). Helped save West Germany from going communist and achieve the Wirtschaftswunder... But you're not a Nazi, noooo...

You'd have preferred for Germany to win the war, perhaps? Then you'd not have the FREEDOM to spout your nonsense all over the internet. In fact, you'd probably have extremely restricted access to it, if at all. But you'd be compelled to yell Heil Hitler and Sieg Heil all over the place! I don't know how you got so brainwashed, but it's time to wake up and see what's really going on in the world.

I'm done with you - not wasting my time with a pig-headed, humorless, intolerant know-it-all who probably hasn't even finished high school yet.

Some day, your mommy and daddy will cut off the money and expect you to (gasp!) get an actual JOB! Then good luck finding an employer who will put up with your smart-Aleck, wannabe disposition. You'll end up living in your momma's basement, hunched over the computer, mumbling obscure equations...

This whole fruitless discussion has disrupted the actual subject of this thread far too long. It's not fair to the other participants who actually want to debate Evolution vs. Creation.
I suggest you look around on the German topix forum - there are a few threads where people argue about how horrible Germany is. Surely, you can enlighten them there...

Go in peace!

Just the facts!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
*Should say, "describes." Haven't had enough coffee yet, lol.
FREE SERVANT

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I often supply stuff from the babble, the reason you tend to ignore it is it is the stuff that that shows christianity in a bad light and you hope it will all go away next time it is reprinted.
Could be time to educate yourself then.
So are you supplying the number 42 from the Bible just to shed a bad light? I have my own reasons for knowing the Bible is true, and that's good enough for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But we are made in the image and likeness of God. What about that?
Thats an interesting idea that can be looked at from many perspectives.

However, it suggests among many other things that the human condition or specifically, the rise of the human marks the highest point of the development of the material world.

Man is the first time that matter is endued with the power to look inside, outside and beyond itself.

Matter has never been conscious before; not to the degree observed in man.

And the implications follow to the birth of Christ.

The birth of Christ marked the peak of the development/evolution of the material world: the condition where matter is fully endued with all the powers of creation (induced by the Spirit of Truth [St. John]).

After the birth of Christ, the material world began winding down, declining, receding, unraveling: at least in theory.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats an interesting idea that can be looked at from many perspectives.
However, it suggests among many other things that the human condition or specifically, the rise of the human marks the highest point of the development of the material world.
Man is the first time that matter is endued with the power to look inside, outside and beyond itself.
Matter has never been conscious before; not to the degree observed in man.
And the implications follow to the birth of Christ.
The birth of Christ marked the peak of the development/evolution of the material world: the condition where matter is fully endued with all the powers of creation (induced by the Spirit of Truth [St. John]).
After the birth of Christ, the material world began winding down, declining, receding, unraveling: at least in theory.
What is mental masturbation? for 500, Alex.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 24

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is both supernatural and spiritual.
Whenever I speak about God, I am very careful about the terms I use to describe him/it.

When you say supernatural, you could either be using "supernatural" in the sense of being beyond what is normal or that which is outside the natural order; I will agree with you.

Spirit.

Thats a word that keeps eluding most Christians today. When Holy Spirit or Spirit of Truth (St. John) is mentioned, some people look out for a ghost.

If by "spirit" you mean energy or potential or power; I agree with you.

Spirit is English, and the English dictionary defines "spirit" as energy/power etc.

It is after that, that we come to understand what Christ really meant (as is written), and we see the common sense of it all.

If Spirit = Power

The Spirit of Truth = The Power of (the) Truth

OR

The Spirit of Truth = The Force of (the) Truth

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 109,621 - 109,640 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

234 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
My dream job is..... (Nov '13) 1 min MrThang 386
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Ozzie 141,208
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 13 min Ozzie 13,012
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min _Word_Woman_ 14,834
Iraq 22 min Ozzie 4
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 30 min Ozzie 2,953
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 35 min Bezeer 5,651
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 2 hr Maverick 808 15,586
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Big dawg 34,930