Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219579 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115859 Jun 25, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Way to show off your intellect level. lol
yeah, that was just a crude, ill-placed joke, but I couldn't resist the opportunity...

Sao Paulo

#115860 Jun 25, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
"If X causes green-ness in Y, green Ys contain X."
What un-provable axiom is involved there?
WHAT IS REALITY?
DEFINE REALITY.
<quoted text>
So you did not see me write that that power operates through or with a particular phenomena which allows stability etc?
Of course you didnt.
It is written further along in the post.
SO YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY DEMONSTRATED THAT YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSION DESPITE WHAT IS IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.
<quoted text>
And what if I did say that?
What is so senseless about that?
<quoted text>
"...And without faith it is impossible to "please" God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists..." [Heb. 11:6]
I did not see anything else in your post worth responding to.
You can tell when HOG's getting backed into a corner by the quantity of CAPS in his posts.

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115861 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
great. So from herein, let in be known that I will be addressed by no other than 'The Almighty Mule', and all shall bow before me. Except HOG, who can clean up behind me, since he seems to be the authority on horseshit.
Nice selfie!

Sao Paulo

#115863 Jun 25, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
great answer. way to stay on track. oh look a squirrel!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
again great answer. way to stay on track. oh look a bird!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
again great answer. way to stay on track. oh look a bunny!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
again great answer. way to stay on track. oh look a puppy! i never claimed adam and eve.
Lol, cute, but very weak rebuttal. But I'm pro anything with cute bunnies and puppies.

I know you never claimed Adam and Eve. In fact, you never claimed anything, just sat on the fence afraid to take any one side. Man up, dude.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#115864 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, that was just a crude, ill-placed joke, but I couldn't resist the opportunity...
You may not have notice my weakness for crude, ill placed jokes, but they can be very irresistible.

Level 9

#115865 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell when HOG's getting backed into a corner by the quantity of CAPS in his posts.
That and the frantic, puffing on his cigarette.

Level 9

#115866 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK a book is a database, thank you. I think the books will be opened when Jesus judges the world at the end of this old heaven and earth, and then the New Heaven and Earth will come.
I would think that all this information is probably kept on the most advanced computer system ever devised. Maintained and operated by HIT (Heaven Information Technology) people that you can actually talk to when you call the Help Desk and not just get shunted around to some contract organization or a computerized answering system.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#115867 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK a book is a database, thank you. I think the books will be opened when Jesus judges the world at the end of this old heaven and earth, and then the New Heaven and Earth will come.
You know the phrase "down to hel'l". Where actually is down, in the earth? Any other way is up from earth. Some say that it is hel'l we live in now and dying is the only way out.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#115868 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I will forgive you once, just once though. Next time I am busting out the capitol letters on you. lol
FREE SERVANT

United States

#115869 Jun 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would think that all this information is probably kept on the most advanced computer system ever devised. Maintained and operated by HIT (Heaven Information Technology) people that you can actually talk to when you call the Help Desk and not just get shunted around to some contract organization or a computerized answering system.
All we know is, there is a record being kept and Jesus himself will be the judge as to who will inherit eternal life.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115870 Jun 25, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not threatened then why the strong reaction to those that do?
Don't you think that the more people make God non existent the less accountable they are?
Then explain the behavior of the Mafia.
Cali-girl20 wrote:
Yes God is a comfort to those who can follow his simple laws. He is also a threat. Those who cannot follow his laws and teachings are the ones .

Perhaps. Yet there are good, moral people who do not believe in a creator.

[QUOTE who="Cali-girl20"]Ke ep in mind that is just my thinking and that I am not sure myself of the accuracy of everything that's written in the bible but I respect those that believe. Just like I respect your right to your views.
Very few of us here do not respect your right to believe as you wish. However, many of us do not appreciate anyone telling us we are wrong not to believe as another does. Nor do we appreciate anyone who tries to push their religious views into the science classroom.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#115871 Jun 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>And they dream apparently. Watching them on occasion, I have wondered what that might be about.
Probably not much different than us. Except chasing birds, sniffing bunny farts, etc.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#115872 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>All we know is, there is a record being kept and Jesus himself will be the judge as to who will inherit eternal life.
The meek shall inherit the earth if it is alright with everyone else :)

Sao Paulo

#115873 Jun 25, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read (your babble)^^^ and now have a strange desire to stab a hot poker in both my eyes!
Not recommendable. But if you must, poke just one.

Sao Paulo

#115874 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is not human but God, and by that, he is a spirit.
Therefore, he can not be created. He is the creator( singular) of the creators( plural).
If God is just a spirit, or just a 'force', or 'energy', then why do you address him as He?

Level 9

#115875 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>NO, it was never a rip off! Much of it was developed before anyone knew of other explanations like it. It is kinda like an invention some one thinks of and when they check the patent record, they find another invention that has been patented on the same subject matter.
Well that would mean that someone already thought of it. So it isn't kind of like an invention that when checked was already patented.

RRR is the real truth.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#115876 Jun 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would think that all this information is probably kept on the most advanced computer system ever devised. Maintained and operated by HIT (Heaven Information Technology) people that you can actually talk to when you call the Help Desk and not just get shunted around to some contract organization or a computerized answering system.
The Cosmic AC.

Level 9

#115877 Jun 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not much different than us. Except chasing birds, sniffing bunny farts, etc.
That would be my take on it too. Sometimes there legs start to move like they are running.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#115878 Jun 25, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> The meek shall inherit the earth if it is alright with everyone else :)
Spitting coffee...

Sao Paulo

#115879 Jun 25, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice selfie!
Thanks, that one is a personal fav. I've got a few with the stable hand, but this pic brings out my eyes the best.

Like your selfie too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min CJ Rocker 7,721
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 3 min CJ Rocker 41,318
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 3 min CJ Rocker 315
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min CJ Rocker 34,181
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 8 min CJ Rocker 6,524
The one item I don't want to be without....... 8 min Lifelover 16
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min CJ Rocker 211,359
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Oh Bummer 71,304
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 36 min Lifelover 20,916
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 44 min swampmudd 1,209