Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217129 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115839 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, until then you stick with your god dunitwiv magic 6000 years ago
out of nothing (read the babble), made a mistake and killed everyone and
everything (including new born children and kittens) by sending a flood
that could not happen in at least 12 different ways and then to start
again to release childhood leukaemia and the mosquito on the world to
come – that’s omnipotence for ya.
In the meantime I’ll stick with the scientific facts that describe the
universe from 10^-35 of a second after the event 13.8 billion years ago
to the heat death in around 15 trillion years, all without guessing.
You are ranting again. Yes, stick with yours, but none of that can disprove a creator.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115840 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When we say human like, we are talking about the physical or the flesh. God is far above that, he is a spirit. That spirit is in us, our energy/ drives/ thoughts, and the likes, can you physically see that? No!
But they do exist, because it is in us.
Who is "we"? When I say human-like I mean it in the context I stated. An AI program is run on hardware that looks nothing at all like flesh and bone, yet can provide responses that might be indistinguishable from a human's. As well, I've often seen Christians convey that Jesus was/is God. The plain truth is that the ancient Semites constructed a god (and a heavenly host) that was human in every aspect except corporeal existence. Originally, he even had a wife. You simply cannot realistically (pardon my language) reconcile your Bible with new age flummery.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115841 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Our idea of being smart or intelligent is different to a certain extent than what natures is. Nature just knows things according to the information that is passed to it and retained by it. A knowing of how to make adjustments is built-in to natural systems which cycle following regular patterns.
So you're saying God has a database?

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#115842 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are ranting again, or do you have the evidence now?
Have you?

The evidence as far as it goes has been provided; of course you are too dumb to understand that.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#115843 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, SCPID explains how systems and patterns are the way things work on Earth. Our circuitry that stores information is just a pattern recognizer and assigner for storing. And yes even plants have pattern recognition circuitry. Life has work/rest cycles and every natural life form that man has not altered assigns input information to use. These Systems, Cycles and Patterns are indeed an Intelligent Design.
Gibberish.

Plants have a disco-elastic monomer film acting as a neural net to observe, process, and analyze information. The conclusions of these analyses are communicated by the Ducts of Paine to the Jacobson's structures by implication. It is there that response is initiated. This is all part of the Rhythms, Reasons and Results System (RRR) first postulated by Edward Teach in the early 16th Century.

This Systems, Cycles and Patterns nonsense is just a pretense and a rip off of that.

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115844 Jun 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ChristineM wrote:
"Like I have said often, your deliberate misunderstanding of the fundamental scientific laws and cosmology are no excuse for your deliberate ignorance.
So funny how you say god dunitwiv magic out of nothing – read your babble – but deny the same prerogative to anything other than your god – do you actually realise how lame that sounds?"
If you find any of what she wrote insulting, change your ways.
Do you know who wrote the Pentateuch? What are the credentials for the story of creation other than it's in ancient sheep herder stories?
She called someone ignorant for their beliefs and called the Bible a Babble. I find that childish. My ways are already way above that.

I agree that the story of creation was written by people in a different time explaining something they didn't understand as best they could. That's why I don't take it word for word.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#115845 Jun 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are ranting again. Yes, stick with yours, but none of that can disprove a creator.
You have evidence for this?

Nope of course you don’t you are just full of wind and p|ss like all godbots of little brain

The most basic of equation E=MC^2 proved that the god described in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you. If one claim of god can so easily be disproved what makes you think all the other BS is sound?

Level 9

#115846 Jun 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez!
Why???
He just knows.

Sao Paulo

#115847 Jun 25, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
"anthropomorphism - The ascription of a human attribute or personality to anything impersonal or irrational."[http://www.t hefreedictionary.com/Anthropom orphised]
So explain the term "selection" when mentioning "natural selection".
"se·lect (s-lkt)
v. se·lect·ed, se·lect·ing, se·lects
v.tr.
To take as a choice from among several; pick out.
v.intr.
To make a choice or selection.
adj.
1. Singled out in preference; chosen: a select few.
2. Of special quality or value; choice: select peaches.
3. Of or relating to a lean grade of beef.
4. Careful or refined in making selections; discriminating.
n.
1. One that is chosen in preference to others or because of special value.
2.(used with a pl. verb) Chosen or preferred items or people considered as a group. Often used with the."
Which one of those definitions has anything to do with the forces of nature in and of themselves?
Is any force of nature rational or human or intelligent that is should be able to "select"?
<quoted text>
When a fly sees the text and prints on the display of the PC, I'm sure it appeals to them in particulars ways that are different from the way it appeals to me too.
*leans back in chair and puffs cigarette*
You're really reaching now HOG. Running out audience?

Sao Paulo

#115848 Jun 25, 2014
Rather:'Running out OF audience?'

Level 9

#115849 Jun 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Having once taught dog obedience classes for 10 years, I agree with you. They do learn. They can reason as well.
And they dream apparently. Watching them on occasion, I have wondered what that might be about.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#115850 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying God has a database?
He keeps a record of all things. Any database could be called a book I guess, and the Bible says the books will be opened at the judgement.

Sao Paulo

#115851 Jun 25, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in his posts so far to suggest otherwise.(shrug)
great. So from herein, let in be known that I will be addressed by no other than 'The Almighty Mule', and all shall bow before me. Except HOG, who can clean up behind me, since he seems to be the authority on horseshit.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#115852 Jun 25, 2014
There is a creation force that many call God. Before that force there was no time. The bible is a story told to explain that force. It is told in a form that people can answer the unanswerable. How can the created understand the creator?

Sao Paulo

#115853 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Dirt is evidence that proves that God exists.
Happy now?
Dirt carcasses, or just plain dirt?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#115854 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
Rather:'Running out OF audience?'
...or cigarettes?
FREE SERVANT

Park Ridge, NJ

#115855 Jun 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish.
Plants have a disco-elastic monomer film acting as a neural net to observe, process, and analyze information. The conclusions of these analyses are communicated by the Ducts of Paine to the Jacobson's structures by implication. It is there that response is initiated. This is all part of the Rhythms, Reasons and Results System (RRR) first postulated by Edward Teach in the early 16th Century.
This Systems, Cycles and Patterns nonsense is just a pretense and a rip off of that.
NO, it was never a rip off! Much of it was developed before anyone knew of other explanations like it. It is kinda like an invention some one thinks of and when they check the patent record, they find another invention that has been patented on the same subject matter.

Sao Paulo

#115856 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
And what if God is an already known scientific phenomena?
What are the logical implications of that?
<quoted text>
But that which is general relates to a specific thing.
So whats your point?
Nevertheless, is it possible to test for Truth?
What's with the questions? Is this your only rebuttal - trying to shift the burden to others? YOU are the one making preposterous claims, it is YOUR responsibility to back them up, not just pawning the burden to those challenging you.

Level 9

#115857 Jun 25, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He keeps a record of all things. Any database could be called a book I guess, and the Bible says the books will be opened at the judgement.
A book is a database. A database is not necessarily a book.

Do you think that God checks that book twice to see if you have been naughty or nice?

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#115858 Jun 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
great. So from herein, let in be known that I will be addressed by no other than 'The Almighty Mule', and all shall bow before me. Except HOG, who can clean up behind me, since he seems to be the authority on horseshit.
Hey, leave my little superhero alone.
He is Arnold Ziffel's son you know? hahahah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Sharlene45 148,503
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Princess Hey 15,288
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 207,331
2words into 2new words (May '12) 8 min CJ Rocker 6,884
News American pandas have culture shock in China 13 min Enzo49 3
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 18 min UnderstandPeople 40,890
News Florida Couple Busted For Sex In Public 19 min UnderstandPeople 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Enzo49 67,346
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 57 min Enzo49 10,700
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,489