Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197431 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115453 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you believe in god? what is your reasoning for that other than growing up being told that?
Stop wondering.
Science without any arguments has done alot for mankind. But the channels or mechanisms or roots that holds science to its very root, is the brain.
So, did science did that?
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#115454 Jun 24, 2014
To love and fear God is the beginning of wisdom.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115455 Jun 24, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually as kids we catch our parents or someone playing Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. I have never caught anyone playing/trying to be God.
As I said look around you at all this world is. I find that hard to believe that it all happened by chance.
Well said. You are blessed. But one thing, God first, before Science.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115456 Jun 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on your definition of the word accident.
There are at least 27 mathematically sound theories of how the universe came into existence to science not a single one required accident and not a single one of them requires a god.
Since when has an “obvious question” been ranting, Oh I get it, ever since you cannot answer it without fooking up your faith.
And to continue, the number 42 was first postulated as the answer to life the universe and everything in a novel written in the 70s, there has been a wealth of scientific, mathematical and technological confirmation of this number in various aspects of the disciplines
Educate yourself
As long as you don 't have a straight answer. You are just asserting.
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#115457 Jun 24, 2014
Our Creator is an awesome God.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115458 Jun 24, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
...DID YOU NOTICE THAT POLY'S RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS REGARDING THE ALMIGHTY, WAS THAT THE TERM IS "VAGUE"; NEVER THAT IT IS NOT REAL.
WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

Level 2

Location hidden

#115459 Jun 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on your definition of the word accident.
There are at least 27 mathematically sound theories of how the universe came into existence to science not a single one required accident and not a single one of them requires a god.
Since when has an “obvious question” been ranting, Oh I get it, ever since you cannot answer it without fooking up your faith.
And to continue, the number 42 was first postulated as the answer to life the universe and everything in a novel written in the 70s, there has been a wealth of scientific, mathematical and technological confirmation of this number in various aspects of the disciplines
Educate yourself
Likewise. Educate yourself. The universe never came by accident, never!

Level 2

Location hidden

#115460 Jun 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn’t that’s just an excuse for deliberate ignorance
As long as you are unwilling to educate yourself including the non living things.
You are just asserting, exception to what?
https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/recherche/d...
Spend a few years looking at the research before making blind comments based on your own wet dreams
You are the ignorant. Like the German idiot who was trying to cover up for his country, forgetting history. I asked him a simple question, to date, he is still running away from that question.
Education is good, but it is only limited to secular matters.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#115461 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you don 't have a straight answer. You are just asserting.
...says the KING of blind assertion.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115462 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you see the number 42 as the answer? The Bible seems to indicate that the number 7 or 70 is the answer to that question.
When they guess or project, they it facts or evidence, but not knowing that they are all a piece of shit.
Nice hearing from you. Welcome.

Sao Paulo

#115463 Jun 24, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did provide a exact reference. You seem to have found it alright. All thought that is buffered and sugar coated. Before they found the discrepancy they stated for a fact that they knew exactly how old the universe was. Carbon dating was used as an exact science and was used to date everything. It was big news when the universe was found to be much older then they had previously stated. I'm a sciance buff myself and remember it clearly.
This argument will never be solved. The farther we get away from the beginning the harder it will be to prove either side. The bible has been misinterpreted, abused and parts are missing. Sciance is open to the same problems. I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Carbon dating may not be exact, in fact our planet may not be exactly 4.5 billion years old, I will give you that. But somewhere in the middle? The middle of what, the claim by creationists that Earth is around 6000 years old? Yeah, I don't think so. No matter how inaccurate carbon dating may be, the common sense of a six-year-old is sufficient to prove that the world is a wee-bit older than 6000 years.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115464 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
To love and fear God is the beginning of wisdom.
Halleluyah!

Sao Paulo

#115465 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Suppose I brought the carcass of a dog and say "here is evidence of God"; how would you know whether the evidence proves the existence of God or not?
Since you dont know God, on what basis will you determine if my assumption are correct?
<quoted text>
Look for the effect of power, for one of the primary assertions is that God is Almighty.
CAn you see or observe power?
If you can, is that evidence of the Almighty?
DO you know what God is such that you can say that God is not almighty nor is the effect of power a sign of his/its existence?
Why would it have to be a carcass? Why couldn't it be a live dog? You're turning out to be a rather twisted individual for someone claiming to represent God.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115466 Jun 24, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...says the KING of blind assertion.
Says the King of blind assertion.
Ok?
Likewise.
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#115467 Jun 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When they guess or project, they it facts or evidence, but not knowing that they are all a piece of shit.
Thank you, likewise I am happy to see you are still standing for our great and awesome maker. May he continue to bless you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#115468 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How do you see the number 42 as the answer? The Bible seems to indicate that the number 7 or 70 is the answer to that question.
When they guess or project, they call it facts or evidence. But forgetting that they are all piece of shit.

Sao Paulo

#115469 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
...Look for the effect of power, for one of the primary assertions is that God is Almighty.
Is that your criteria?
I can twist the lid off of a jar of pickles.(Most of the time anyway...) This is an "effect of power". Does this classify me as 'Almighty'?

Level 2

Location hidden

#115470 Jun 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, likewise I am happy to see you are still standing for our great and awesome maker. May he continue to bless you.
Amen.

Sao Paulo

#115471 Jun 24, 2014
wondering wrote:
all plant life, all land life, all aquatic life, all life period all came from one simple single-celled organism that accidentally began to reproduce, accidentally became multi-cellular and accidentally became a shape shifter. i say accidentally because if those abilities did not already exist or weren't planned, then it had to come to those abilities by accident.
did life start with a rather large population? it would have to had started with a rather large population for natural selection to act for we all know that in smaller populations genetic drift causes reduced genetic variation so the evolution of all we see today, with decreased genetic variation would not be possible.
It didn't start from one organism, it most likely started from billions of organisms, and over time began to evolve and branch off, forming life as we know it today. Contrary to the Biblical myth that *POOF* 2 humans appeared 6000 years ago, got busy, and lead to life as we know it today.

Sao Paulo

#115472 Jun 24, 2014
Ozzie wrote:
envelopes. i was thinking about envelopes today..
just Oz.
*head-pat, head-pat*

Good for you Ozzie...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Princess Hey 11,265
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Princess Hey 5,844
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 7 min Princess Hey 81,840
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 7 min SweLL GirL 2,562
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min Princess Hey 13,259
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 9 min Princess Hey 2,356
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Rider on the Storm 190,841
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min eleanorigby 56,083
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 38 min Sublime1 32,139
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 hr SweLL GirL 144,815
More from around the web