Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115199 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
... This is a science forum and the only bearing your beliefs have is that you feel threatened by science.
Get real.

Which part of science is in conflict with equality, reasoning and logic?
DanFromSmithville wrote:
This fear seems to have set you on a path against science and facts for that matter. You can relax and use your super powers for good. Science may show that certain aspects of the Bible are not literally true, but the existence of God is a matter of no concern to it.
Since when did you have the balls to admit that?!

If you people were willing to come to terms with that, debates such as this would not be necessary.

Location hidden

#115200 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would add that my religious beliefs aren't relevant on a science forum. I have very briefly stated them in the past on this forum only after growing weary of the lies propagated by your fellow FFC's. Mostly, when I start to lose interest I just yank your chains.
Well since reason and logic are essential to BOTH science and my religious beliefs I have found it necessary to make reference to "religious" ideas.

Yank whose chain?

Crawl back into you hole, you rabbit, hamster, guinea pig looking thing, you.

LOL!

I get a kick outa hearin you murmur like some old hag.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

Location hidden

#115201 Jun 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly would raise the possibility, then all you need do is resurrect the dead, impregnate virgins by sheer will, and create my dream woman using a rib bone.
Ok.

Are we trying to build a national dodge-ball team or something?

Yes/No.

Would you accept those things (that christianity claims) as evidence or proof of God, if christians were able to prove and/or demonstrate them scientifically?

Location hidden

#115202 Jun 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is the meaning of " God "?
God can never be created because he is the creator of all things.
Did you know that the Eastern concept of God, as held by Jesu/s in His day is different from the concept of God held in the West today?

In the East, God (El or Al) means "Source, Power, Strength" etc.

In the east, no-one can ever describe God (Al) apart from saying "It" is capable of such and such; because no one has ever seen "It".

In the West however, we have humanoid beings like Zeus, and all kinds of creatures that nightmares are made of.

Judging by the fact that they fail to discriminate between; I conclude that they often have no idea what they are talking about, nor what it means to say "God".

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115203 Jun 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
I think some of these math experts should develop a theory to approximate the behavior of nature. Maybe a nonlinear system of equations which go from a minimum set of values to a maximum set and then to a minimum. Life on Earth is not random, and effects in one part of a system will produce changes throughout, and then a rest and restart occurs..
Perhaps you should read a physics book. Maybe consider harmonic motion and the equations that lead to it. Then perhaps consider Newton's laws of motion and see how they give the orbits of the planets.

You might find that your rather generic proposal has been done in much more specificity than you have imagined.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115204 Jun 23, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain has grown.
Is it evolution or intelligent design?
*lights cigarette*
My specific brain? Neither one. It was developmental.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115205 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Would you accept those things (that christianity claims) as evidence or proof of God, if christians were able to prove and/or demonstrate them scientifically?
*said the spider to the fly*
Which specific claims?

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#115206 Jun 23, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They have found regions that at the time may have been considered the world to those people at that time.
<quoted text>
From Scientific America.
Since the 1960s, scientists have started accounting for the variations by calibrating the clock against the known ages of tree rings. As a rule, carbon dates are younger than calendar dates: a bone carbon-dated to 10,000 years is around 11,000 years old, and 20,000 carbon years roughly equates to 24,000 calendar years.
What do I know.
Please provide me the exact reference of the Scientific America article.
I guess you are referring to this one: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/car... .

Your post is quote mining I am afraid.

The rule that "carbon dates are younger than calendar dates: a bone carbon-dated to 10,000 years is around 11,000 years old" is already accounted for in all radiocarbon dating. Since the 1960's.

HENCE, the calibration study reported in the article concludes: "The recalibrated clock won’t force archaeologists to abandon old measurements wholesale, says Bronk Ramsey, but it could help to narrow the window of key events in human history.“If you’re trying to look at archaeological sites at the order of 30,000 or 40,000 years ago, the ages may shift by only a few hundred years but that may be significant in putting them before or after changes in climate,” he says".

But, most of all, the discussion between you and Dan was about the age of the earth.
Radiocarbon dating is NOT used to date the age of the earth. It is applied to specimen of max. 60,000 years old because of the methodological restrictions of the technique. Hence its main application is in archaeology and it is hardly used in geology.

So I wonder why you came up with radiocarbon dating within this particular context.

the Earth Clod

#115207 Jun 23, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They have found regions that at the time may have been considered the world to those people at that time.
Yes and the Old Testament was produced by such a middle east goat herding tribe and the tiny peace of land they strolled around as a small nomadic ethnic group was their whole world.

That's why it is full of nonsense.

the Earth Clod

#115208 Jun 23, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Link to data above: http://www.nature.com/news/core-sample-sends-...
It is the same study she was referring to in Scientific America and it is only about a few hundreds in 24,000 years.

“Topix most wanted”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#115209 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Get real.
<quoted text>
If you people were willing to come to terms with that, debates such as this would not be necessary.
Blah, blah, blah.*Pigeon struts around as if it won. Can't crap with head up vent*

What does it matter. You never bother to look.

These debates will continue as long as there are those like you that insist you have immutable knowledge handed to you by unseen spirits and everyone else is wrong despite the facts. You aren't bringing anything new here, you just wrapped your turds in freshman philosophy class notes.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#115210 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Did you know that the Eastern concept of God, as held by Jesu/s in His day is different from the concept of God held in the West today?
In the East, God (El or Al) means "Source, Power, Strength" etc.
In the east, no-one can ever describe God (Al) apart from saying "It" is capable of such and such; because no one has ever seen "It".
In the West however, we have humanoid beings like Zeus, and all kinds of creatures that nightmares are made of.
Judging by the fact that they fail to discriminate between; I conclude that they often have no idea what they are talking about, nor what it means to say "God".
That is humman beings for you. But whether humans or not., God is God.

“Topix most wanted”

Level 9

Hands up.

#115211 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Well since reason and logic are essential to BOTH science and my religious beliefs I have found it necessary to make reference to "religious" ideas.
Yank whose chain?
Crawl back into you hole, you rabbit, hamster, guinea pig looking thing, you.
LOL!
I get a kick outa hearin you murmur like some old hag.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL
Really, you have fooled us all then.
*Yanking of pigeons chain has yielded the predicted response. Pigeon begins strutting furiously around board, crapping and smoking the whole way*

I would not have pegged you for gerbilling. The insights into yourself that you yield are too much and very disturbing.

“Topix most wanted”

Level 9

Hands up.

#115212 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Get real.
<quoted text>
No part. You have it backwards. Which part of religion is consistent, reasonable and logical should be the question. I think some of it is, but by no means all of it and accepting without question as you do has lead us down so many horrible paths you would think we would have learned by now. You have my permission to respond.

*Yanks chain again*

the Earth Clod

#115213 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Get real.
<quoted text>
PARDON?
As far as I know, ALL evolutionists on this forum, I think even Dude, is affirming what Dan said.

YOUR problems are:
1) many of the "evolutionists" on this forum are believers as far as I know.
2) SCIENCE is not in conflict with reasoning and logic, RELIGION is. I think that Dan tries to say that ALL THE TIME but you don't listen. You only produce endless questions and don't grasp the answers.
3) debates such as this would basically not be necessary if creationists come to terms of modern 21st century science instead of riffling whole day through the retard bronze age mythology book as their main source of understanding the world.

Location hidden

#115214 Jun 23, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
My specific brain? Neither one. It was developmental.
And evolution is not developmental?

the Earth Clod

#115215 Jun 23, 2014
Feral Pigs wrote:
1) Has any research been done on the genetic changes that feral pigs appear to undergo?
2) What is the mechanism that triggers these changes once a domestic pig leaves captivity?
1) yes.
2) evolutionary processes, acting upon both domestic and feral pigs.

Location hidden

#115216 Jun 23, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which specific claims?
Never mind.

You answer me this (if I havent asked you already):

What would serve as proof that God exists?

You seem to value specificity.

Therefore, be specific in describing the type of evidence that would prove that God exists, using examples.

Location hidden

#115217 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Blah, blah, blah....*Pigeon struts around as if it won. Can't crap with head up vent*
What does it matter. You never bother to look.
These debates will continue as long as there are those like you that insist you have immutable knowledge handed to you by unseen spirits and everyone else is wrong despite the facts....
*Pigeon struts around as if it won. Can't crap with head up vent*

“Topix most wanted”

Level 9

Hands up.

#115218 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Ok.
Are we trying to build a national dodge-ball team or something?
Yes/No.
No and neither would you.

Every time you come onto these forums it is the same thing. You put yourself on a throne and are going to dispense the truth to these dogs and they are going to recognize your greatness and take it. If you have anything important to bring to the table, it is lost in the cloud of self-aggrandizing bullshit you cloak yourself in. Look at the names you choose to go by or that whole, childish, ridiculous cigarette smoking bullshit you post. How is that enlightened, logical or reasonable? It is consistent though. The only reasonable conclusion one can draw is that you are an arrogant prick, here to stir shit and have no real interest in debate or discussion. Whadda ya say chief? Have I got you down or have I got you down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 3 min quilterqueen 79
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 min American Werewolves 757
Arenas, Stadiums, Ballrooms, Pavillions etc. in... 11 min Wolftracks 4
True or False Game 14 min quilterqueen 1,776
"man" words 15 min Chilli J 249
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 16 min Princess Hey 7,640
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 18 min Princess Hey 143
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 29 min andet1987 3,613
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 54 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 38,479
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 155,285