Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Morris, OK

#115272 Jun 23, 2014
proportionally more deleterious genetic variation in european than in african populations.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v451/n71...

a cornell-led study, reported in the feb. 21 issue of the journal nature, compared more than 10,000 sequenced genes from 15 african-americans and 20 european-americans. the results suggest that european populations have proportionately more harmful variations, though it is unclear what effects these variations actually may have on the overall health of europeans

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2008/02/m...

thoughts on this anyone?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115273 Jun 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were the blue whales?
If there were, the topic "wtf are WE doing here?" most likely touched upon...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#115274 Jun 23, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
She worked for SAP itself. She used to oversee installations of their manufacturing software.
Oh, she was one of thoooose....
WONDER

United States

#115275 Jun 23, 2014
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
Could the fact that Darwin was in love with his first cousin have anything to do with his rejection of God?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115276 Jun 23, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, she was one of thoooose....
Yep. Though "was" is the operative word.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#115277 Jun 23, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
She worked for SAP itself. She used to oversee installations of their manufacturing software.
My wifes company started using SAP and decided it stood for Sh*t Another Problem :)

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#115278 Jun 23, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a scary thought. You may be right. A very interesting way to look at it.
Another way to look at it is "taking population into consideration" that we are going backwards or are about the same. Maybe we haven't evolved at all in a very long time. We are using less and less of our brains. No pun intended.
I believe with the advent of computers the backward rate is speeding up rapidly.
Just so you know, the whole 'only use 10% of our brains' is an urban legend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_b...

While I am one that decries the loss of proper English due to the internet, it can be argued that it is good for us as it facilitates reading and communicating.

When I went to High School in the 80's, most kids never read or wrote anything beyond school assignments. Now, thanks to the internet, kids are reading and writing more. Yes, most of it is inane crap, but hey, they're reading.

Kids are also exposed to a wider variety of cultures by being able to interact with people from other countries. They can go on YouTube and hear music from any era or region. They aren't just restricted to what is played on the radio.

St. James, NY

#115279 Jun 23, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
*Pigeon struts around as if it won. Can't crap with head up vent*
When did this forum become a LARP?
wondering

Morris, OK

#115280 Jun 23, 2014
The Ark wrote:
Were there Chihuahuas on Noah's Ark?
i think they were heading to the boarder to get a taco.

St. James, NY

#115281 Jun 23, 2014
WONDER wrote:
<quoted text>Could the fact that Darwin was in love with his first cousin have anything to do with his rejection of God?
Whatever Darwin does in his private life does not affect the validity of his findings. If we discover that Jonas Salk was a degenerate gambler would that make the polio vaccine stop working?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#115282 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Proto-Christians?
It was this feller.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115283 Jun 23, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've got nothing but your massive fundamentalist ego to back yourself up. Considering that is utterly bereft of substance going by your entire posting history, this is why I doubt the veracity of your claims.
What is substance?

Evidence?

Describe the scientific evidence that would make you accept that God exists.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And we keep telling you, it's not our job to do your homework.
Ok.

And when we present evidence of God ACCORDING TO WHAT WE KNOW GOD TO BE, what is your response?

You take it how you want it.

And no one is saying thats "wrong", because it is a fact that:

"When rational observers have different background beliefs, they may draw different conclusions from the same scientific evidence." [wikipedia.com]

SO NO MATTER WHAT IS PRESENTED TO YOU AND NO MATTER HOW SCIENTIFIC, YOU WILL SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY.
The Dude wrote:
That is why that we can provide the evidence for evolution, but you keep playing your coy word games to avoid showing this "god" of yours even exists.
This is why you're not taken seriously.
And what does evidence "PROVE"?

Me playing word games?!!!

Is it I who describe the most basic of terms as being "vague", not even accepting a generalized meaning or definition?

Your seriousness doesnt amount to much, so you can shove it up your nose and blow it out your a$$.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

mutilate. Point down range.

#115284 Jun 23, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
What is substance?
Evidence?
Describe the scientific evidence that would make you accept that God exists.
<quoted text>
Ok.
And when we present evidence of God ACCORDING TO WHAT WE KNOW GOD TO BE, what is your response?
You take it how you want it.
And no one is saying thats "wrong", because it is a fact that:
"When rational observers have different background beliefs, they may draw different conclusions from the same scientific evidence." [wikipedia.com]
SO NO MATTER WHAT IS PRESENTED TO YOU AND NO MATTER HOW SCIENTIFIC, YOU WILL SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY.
<quoted text>
And what does evidence "PROVE"?
Me playing word games?!!!
Is it I who describe the most basic of terms as being "vague", not even accepting a generalized meaning or definition?
Your seriousness doesnt amount to much, so you can shove it up your nose and blow it out your a$$.
And you make it so much easier when you present nothing.

My my, Dorothy, you are testy this morning. Was it something someone posted?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#115285 Jun 23, 2014
WONDER wrote:
<quoted text>Could the fact that Darwin was in love with his first cousin have anything to do with his rejection of God?
Who told you Darwin rejected god?
I think you have realize something here, Darwin did not reject god, he rejected the dogma of
religious thinking. Because he discovered the origin of species and the truth conflicts with religious dogma.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115286 Jun 23, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>"Generic" as in 'so simple a third grader can understand it',? I get that a lot. We need more math related to cycles in nature!
Look into Fourier analysis.

Location hidden

#115287 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to show that you have facts.
Facts of what specifically?

Up until now, you have not described the scientific evidence that will prove to them that God exists.

I know what to look for whenever I am looking for the presence of (a) "YHVH" or an "Almighty" or a "Source".

But it does not matter to you in any case, because you dont have an idea of what those/that thing/s are/is.

Not because they dont exist, not because they cannot be measured but because they are "vague" in YOUR mind.

So until YOU specify what evidence or facts YOU are looking for and/or for what specific attribute, even giving examples; you can jabber on.

DID YOU NOTICE THAT POLY'S RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS REGARDING THE ALMIGHTY, WAS THAT THE TERM IS "VAGUE"; NEVER THAT IT IS NOT REAL.

So he/she appeals to ignorance while trying not to admit that he is ignorant.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
...But look at it this way, you are getting the attention you cry and whine for so why are you complaining.
Because I am getting it from you.

Even if there was such a thing as me crying and whining for attention, I wouldnt be trying to get yours.

I have seen enough of you to know what you are, where you are from and where you are going.

Location hidden

#115288 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am not going off track and you don't have my ability to force me off track. It was a hypothetical question and you know it. What if someone claimed God told them that. Jeez even you can't be so stupid to try such an obvious and ham handed attack. I guess I was wrong.
You are using a puppet to teach me. You just aren't a very good teacher.
I believe you meant *blows smoke up Dan's ass*
*turns back to Dan and continues smoking and doing what he was doing*

Location hidden

#115289 Jun 23, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
When did this forum become a LARP?
Ask Dan.

He keeps walking around here with a whole flock of pigeons strutting and crapping all over the forum.

Will someone get rid of that guy and his pigeons?

Location hidden

#115290 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>And you make it so much easier when you present nothing...
Present what?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

mutilate. Point down range.

#115291 Jun 23, 2014
WONDER wrote:
Not that it matters regarding the science, but no.

Have you read the Bible? Darwin didn't invent that. It was common in history for this sort of thing to occur. Not a practice that has survived much in the Western world. Well I have heard rumors about Dixie. Of course in those rumors they don't usually formalize the relationship or limit it to cousins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thong jeans are just the latest weird fashion t... 21 min Emerald 9
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,059
Two rhyming words! (Jun '12) 1 hr whatimeisit 278
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 150,488
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Geno 29,121
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 1 hr whatimeisit 1,106
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 1 hr Pstr 238
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Pstr 224,565
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 2 hr Pstr 586
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Pstr 6,457