Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201795 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#115222 Jun 23, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
*Pigeon struts around as if it won. Can't crap with head up vent*
Now you are a parrot. So what.

At least copying me shows that I have some superior, and enviable tactics for you. Thanks. It is always valuable to receive feedback and praise.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#115223 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No part. You have it backwards. Which part of religion is consistent, reasonable and logical should be the question...
*Yanks chain again*
The part which encourages the belief in TRUTH (YHVH) and the worship of POWER (the Almighty).

You aint yanking no chain; you just wanking again.

Location hidden

#115224 Jun 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
PARDON?
As far as I know, ALL evolutionists on this forum, I think even Dude, is affirming what Dan said.
YOUR problems are:
1) many of the "evolutionists" on this forum are believers as far as I know.
Believers in what?

Are you trying to exemplify "vagueness"?
TurkanaBoy wrote:
2) SCIENCE is not in conflict with reasoning and logic, RELIGION is.
Which religion?

And describe giving examples, the nature of the conflicts.
TurkanaBoy wrote:
3) debates such as this would basically not be necessary if creationists come to terms of modern 21st century science instead of riffling whole day through the retard bronze age mythology book as their main source of understanding the world.
You keep yackin.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115225 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
And evolution is not developmental?
No. Development happens in an individual, evolution happens in populations.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115226 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Never mind.
You answer me this (if I havent asked you already):
What would serve as proof that God exists?
You seem to value specificity.
Therefore, be specific in describing the type of evidence that would prove that God exists, using examples.
And I believe I answered you. Here are some possibilities that would offer strong evidence of a God (interpreted variously as the maker of the universe or of the earth or of life on earth)

1. A collection of synchronized pulsars as viewed from earth (but nowhere else!) that spell out the Hebrew letters for YHWH in the sky. Any other name for any deity would be equally suitable.

2. A conserved stretch of human DNA that encodes the first chapter of Genesis. Any other religious book (or even a science book) would be equally suitable.

3. If you want something that isn't specific to the earth or life on the earth, a pattern in the cosmic background radiation that decodes to be directions for producing a time machine that works.

4. A configuration of galaxies that, when looked at from the right viewpoint, gives a picture of a DNA molecule.

I think you see the type of thing that is required to show the universe has a designer. There has to be something on the grand scale that is precisely giving evidence of specific intelligent design. We have *nothing* close to any of these.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#115227 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I agree.
But dont you think it is necessary to have a more accurate idea of what God is as opposed to what he/it is not?
For example, in these debates; is it easier to conclude on the existence of a "human-like creator" or a "source of power"?
The specificity of the first makes it easier to demonstrate than the second. The second is *way* to vague to be a useful criterion for anything.

Location hidden

#115228 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No and neither would you... Look at the names you choose to go by or that whole, childish, ridiculous cigarette smoking bullshit you post.
It doesnt require anything more than that to demonstrate that you are... not too bright.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
...The only reasonable conclusion one can draw is that you are an arrogant prick, here to stir shit and have no real interest in debate or discussion...
You have pigeons crapping all over the place and I'm the one stirring up shit?

Quite an imagination you have.

Level 9

#115229 Jun 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the same study she was referring to in Scientific America and it is only about a few hundreds in 24,000 years.
So not the thousands of years as claimed.

Level 9

#115230 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
The part which encourages the belief in TRUTH (YHVH) and the worship of POWER (the Almighty).
You aint yanking no chain; you just wanking again.
Say whatever you have to, to get to sleep at night.

Level 9

#115231 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I must hand it to you: you are quite an eloquent babbler.
If only you demonstrated sign of critical thinking skills, as supposed to that storage device behavior you keep displaying.
The way you keep talking about pigeons, youre probably a pigeon humper.
Coming from you this is high praise indeed.

Again coming from you that almost qualifies as a joke.

There's my bitch. Couldn't leave without posting something I made you post.

Location hidden

#115232 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>What if someone came on here and said they have been praying and seeking guidance and the message from God that they get is that science is right.
I would ask for empirical evidence that God even knows that person.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
That strict adherence to the words of the Bible is wrong and we are missing the messages there.
Oh really?

And have you determined with 99.9% accuracy that the words of the bible is wrong, such that you can conclude that "strict adherence to the words of the Bible is wrong "

What is easier or more effective and intelligent when communicating ideas to someone:

1. to communicate a message using terms that appeal to the receiver OR
2. to communicate a message using terms that are totally alien to the receiver?

If I used puppets to teach a child to do math, are the concepts in math any less valid because I used puppets?

GFY!

*strikes match on Dan's face and lights cigarette*
DanFromSmithville wrote:
This person wants everyone to know that the message of God in the Bible is allegorical and that God wants us to use our minds to see the world for what we can.
So if you can assume that much, what are you jabbering about?
DanFromSmithville wrote:
You would immediately attack this person or eventually anyway. The whole time you would include descriptions of how you smoke and spit. The latter adds so much to your message and provides a bountiful harvest for me to make use of (wink).
I'm touched.

My eyes are brimming with tears.

*flicks cigarette and spit on the ground*

Level 9

#115233 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
It doesnt require anything more than that to demonstrate that you are... not too bright.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is very obvious that I am not yanking your chain (wink).

I lost interest in you as a serious debater in these discussions with one of your previous incarnations on here. Really, the only value I see in you is as the butt of jokes. Sooner or later, I will get tired of even that. In the meantime pigeon, give me something new and interesting and I might consider it. I don't see it happening and even if it does, you can't seem to avoid serving what you think in some childish and grandiose manner that pretty much sinks your position right at the dock.

Location hidden

#115234 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are a parrot. So what.
At least copying me shows that I have some superior, and enviable tactics for you. Thanks. It is always valuable to receive feedback and praise.
Ah!

There is definitely an "arrogant prick" in here somewhere.

I bet you can find it stuck up a pigeon's a$$.

Get off my a$$!

Level 9

#115235 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are right and it isn't just me. All of us that support science have a veritable flock of you pigeons strutting and crapping all over this forum. You are right. You are a shit stirrer. I just send it back to your kitchen.

Location hidden

#115236 Jun 23, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Development happens in an individual, evolution happens in populations.
So populations never develop and individuals never evolve?

Level 9

#115238 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh really?
And have you determined with 99.9% accuracy that the words of the bible is wrong, such that you can conclude that "strict adherence to the words of the Bible is wrong "
What is easier or more effective and intelligent when communicating ideas to someone:
If I used puppets to teach a child to do math, are the concepts in math any less valid because I used puppets?
GFY!
*strikes match on Dan's face and lights cigarette*
<quoted text>
So if you can assume that much, what are you jabbering about?
<quoted text>
I'm touched.
My eyes are brimming with tears.
*flicks cigarette and spit on the ground*
It is a hypothetical situation stupid. I am not asserting anything about the Bible. Look at you go right off the track. Talk about bias and preconceived notions. Got some reading comprehension issues there too.

I see you as using a puppet to try and teach everything you ramble about on here.

Thank you so much for the gifts you are giving me. How would I know that my words have had an impact if you didn't respond that they do.

You are smoldering when you are angry (wink).

Level 9

#115239 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Ah!
There is definitely an "arrogant prick" in here somewhere.
I bet you can find it stuck up a pigeon's a$$.
Get off my a$$!
I am an artist. I have to give credit to my model of course, where credit is definitely due. Every time you shift shapes and come back on this forum, someone drapes a shroud over you and you turn into this. That it is my turn is a privilege.

Thank you. Thank you so very, very much.

Location hidden

#115240 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
... I don't see it happening and even if it does, you can't seem to avoid serving what you think in some childish and grandiose manner that pretty much sinks your position right at the dock.
Fact is fact!

My personal attitude and mannerism does not alter fact; so if fact is your real interest, my attitude and manners would be of no consequence being trivial in nature.

Your remark alone is sufficient to indicate your stupidity.

Location hidden

#115241 Jun 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Say whatever you have to, to get to sleep at night.
I just might do that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#115242 Jun 23, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh really?
GFY!
Guess what, bub.

The Bible is in English. And yet you STILL feel the need to interpret it FOR us even though somebody has ALREADY done that for you.

Fact is that your interpretation is no better than anybody else's.

The Bible is either literal and wrong, or metaphorical and subjective,

In other words, useless either way.

So STILL waiting on you to stop acting cocky and present to us the simple objective method of finding this invisible wizard of yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 58,284
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Sublime1 194,842
One Word (Jan '09) 7 min Jackie 16,654
it's the color yellow (Jan '16) 8 min Jackie 109
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 8 min Princess Hey 4,775
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 11 min Jackie 32,703
2words into 2new words (May '12) 26 min Princess Hey 2,949
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 41 min Sublime1 7,903
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 7 hr Northbound 8,540
More from around the web