Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
108,921 - 108,940 of 113,248 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy a good argument.
If you simply make the singular statement, dogs bite, no I would not automatically assume you were referring to all dogs. However, if over the course of days or weeks you made several statements of " I hate dogs, they bite", "You know what's wrong with dogs today? They bite.", "I saw on the news today that a dog bit someone, typical dog." And so on and so forth, I would no longer think you were referring to some dogs, but all dogs, even if you never used the word all, but mainly because you avoided using the words some, many, even most. He has made his position on Americans fairly clear and unambiguous. Basically another reminder of why I am glad the internet wasn't around when I was a teenager.
Maybe this help you.

Replay says “dogs bite”.
Discord says “BS”!

Replay repeats “dogs bite”.
Discord says “BS”!

Discord says “BS”!

Discord gets bit by a dog and says “your right, dogs bite”

Neither one of us are talking about "all" dogs.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this help you.
Replay says “dogs bite”.
Discord says “BS”!
Discord says “BS”!
Discord says “BS”!
Discord gets bit by a dog and says “your right, dogs bite”
Neither one of us are talking about "all" dogs.
John Cleese, is that you? Sometimes I think you just like to be contradictory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
John Cleese, is that you? Sometimes I think you just like to be contradictory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I can be agreeable or contradictory,,,,, And then sometimes I can be petty on someones words or how they say them as I see it done so many times here by several people
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect evolutionists are not all idiots? They are lost souls desperate to believe in something they can not understand.
Errr, no, It's you supposed "Christians' who cannot understand science or how it works.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why their pro-evolution arguments are based upon feelings and emotion rather than true science. They have lost the argument but want to believe. Therefore they cling to their cult belief system and seek acceptance from other like minded folks.
Boy are YOU ever projecting here. You are describing to a "t" the mindset of Protestant fundamentalist Christians who oppose science even though they don't know the first thing about it.

You a =re living roof of that. LOL!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesu/s is life.
There is a meaning behind the expression "I am the way... and the life"[Jesu/s]
But this is perhaps not the place to discuss it.
John is the only gospel that records the startling, seminal statement, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

If Jesus actually said this to His disciples -- and if in fact it is true and our eternal pain or happiness depends on it -- don't you think all of the gospels would have recorded it?

Would this idea not have survived from the earliest days of Christianity by word of mouth as one of the most important ideas of the new religion?

Why is it not in the Synoptics? And why does it not appear in the earliest writings, the letters of Paul?

Why does it only appear in the last dated of the gospels, nearly 60 years later?

(And if you say "Jesus only said this privately to John" I would ask "Why wouldn't John have eagerly passed this on to the other disciples and thus made it a part of their shared understanding? If our eternal destiny depends on it?")

Could it have something to do with the fact that John was probably written by the Johanine community in Asia Minor, where they were surrounded by Greek culture with its full pantheon of Gods from which to choose, and at a time (late in the first century) when the new religion was trying to make inroads into this polytheistic Gentile community? A clear statement of exclusivity from "The Son of God" might have been helpful in their missionary efforts.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be agreeable or contradictory,,,,, And then sometimes I can be petty on someones words or how they say them as I see it done so many times here by several people
So let me ask you, honestly, when reading his posts do you really think he is just referring to some Americans, like ones he has met or interacted with or seen on TV, but reserving judgement on the others, or do you think he is, in his mind, referring to all Americans? I mean, "I hate Americans" isn't exactly leaving a lot of room for wiggle room when in any of these cases the simple addition of the word some, many or most would have removed all doubt.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
John is the only gospel that records the startling, seminal statement, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
If Jesus actually said this to His disciples -- and if in fact it is true and our eternal pain or happiness depends on it -- don't you think all of the gospels would have recorded it?
Would this idea not have survived from the earliest days of Christianity by word of mouth as one of the most important ideas of the new religion?
Why is it not in the Synoptics? And why does it not appear in the earliest writings, the letters of Paul?
Why does it only appear in the last dated of the gospels, nearly 60 years later?
(And if you say "Jesus only said this privately to John" I would ask "Why wouldn't John have eagerly passed this on to the other disciples and thus made it a part of their shared understanding? If our eternal destiny depends on it?")
Could it have something to do with the fact that John was probably written by the Johanine community in Asia Minor, where they were surrounded by Greek culture with its full pantheon of Gods from which to choose, and at a time (late in the first century) when the new religion was trying to make inroads into this polytheistic Gentile community? A clear statement of exclusivity from "The Son of God" might have been helpful in their missionary efforts.
jesus didn't say it as it would have been heretical to his teachings. he never claimed to be the son of god...what john was preaching, the followers of jesus tried to stop.

jesus preached to jews about re-establishing the kingdom of god here on earth, not in heaven, where the twelve tribes of israel would rule over an ethnically cleansed land once again...

nothing holy about that,,,just another cult whack-job...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesu/s is life.
There is a meaning behind the expression "I am the way... and the life"[Jesu/s]
But this is perhaps not the place to discuss it.
I would discuss it in a private message if you desire.
No thank you. I believe I will pass on that.(messaging being turned off now)

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me ask you, honestly, when reading his posts do you really think he is just referring to some Americans, like ones he has met or interacted with or seen on TV, but reserving judgement on the others, or do you think he is, in his mind, referring to all Americans? I mean, "I hate Americans" isn't exactly leaving a lot of room for wiggle room when in any of these cases the simple addition of the word some, many or most would have removed all doubt.
I don't know. I can't read his mind to know his thoughts. The best way to find out is to ask him.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing is that there are Americans now that were not Americans during the war, so he would have no reason to hate them except for them becoming Americans. So one would have to clarify with him if he hates "all" Americans even people that have became Americans since the war has been over up until present day or if he has exceptions.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I can't read his mind to know his thoughts. The best way to find out is to ask him.
Or we can read what he has already written, he hasn't exactly been shy about the topic.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing is that there are Americans now that were not Americans during the war, so he would have no reason to hate them except for them becoming Americans. So one would have to clarify with him if he hates "all" Americans even people that have became Americans since the war has been over up until present day or if he has exceptions.
He did mention something about Germans moving to America since the war. I believe the word traitor was invoked at least once.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
He did mention something about Germans moving to America since the war. I believe the word traitor was invoked at least once.
You know,,,,,call me crazy,,,,But maybe you should try asking him. It is crazy enough it just might work!!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh when I say "maybe you should try asking", That is my scientific hypothesis for your problem of what he means. It has not only been observed, it has also been tested and shown to work quite often.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
All things aside. Discord it has been interesting and fun. Not one name was called to/or by either.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
All things aside. Discord it has been interesting and fun. Not one name was called to/or by either.
That is not how I roll. I've been involved in online discussions/debates/flamewars since the Usenet days of 92 and I learned that no matter what to always maintain a clear, calm style, explain your position, and let the other person get irrational. No reason to get all name calling and upset, as far as I am concerned, you're all just electrons.
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize this is the internet and there is a record of what you say:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry, not seeing any most or almost all.
Where did I speak from Jesus Freaks?

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I speak from Jesus Freaks?
How do I evade the clue of something said?
> just start a rant about one tiny, unimportant detail.
That averts from having to deal with it.
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are exceptions.

I am refering to 95% of the Americans.

The other 5% are very intelligent Americans what means that they are average intelligent for us Germans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are exceptions.
I am refering to 95% of the Americans.
The other 5% are very intelligent Americans what means that they are average intelligent for us Germans.
How?
Where do you got that information from?
Oh, i remember, your opinion.
Wake up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••