Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218794 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#115106 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just about WW2.
As I said there isn't a long history of slavery in Germany.
But the WAS slavery. And you were wrong. Again.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#115107 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
for example?
"In contrast to France, Britain and America Russia isn't dangerous anymore."

Massivly an underestimation.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-milita...

"So you are comparing 5 years with some hundred years? WW2 was a catastrophic Event. Aside from the Nazi Party there wasn't much slavery caused by Germans."
"This is just about WW2.
As I said there isn't a long history of slavery in Germany."

But look at what may have been had the Allies lost the war, taken Europe and spread across the Atlantic.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#115108 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an exchange student.
We'll send a cockroach in exchange. Seems fair.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
Of course I won't tell the Americans what I really think of them...

Of course you won't. You'll be afraid to speak out. You will cower in a corner and nervously smile at the Americans lest they grab you by the neck and show you what they think of a arrogant, little German punk.

[QUOTE who="deutscher Stolz"]Americans don't even know how to solve Hartree-Fock equations.
So? You think because you can pull some rather obscure equation out of your ass it proves you are smarter than some one else? BFD. You figure the typical German can solve it? I think not.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#115109 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I won't tell the Americans what I really think of them but I will show them how dumb they are as I will write the best marks with no efforts. Especially in mathematics and physics.
Americans don't even know how to solve Hartree-Fock equations. It will be easy to get the best marks.
Intelligence isn't limited to physics and math , I mean science isn't the only place the gifted can be gifted. We don't consider Beethoven, Bach or Hemingway and Shakespeare scientists but they were geniuses.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#115110 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
topix can't handle the Umlauts.
My because I just woke up but I find this statement hysterical for some reason. It's almost like you are talking about a band.

Dude, you couldn't handle the Umlauts.

St. James, NY

#115111 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met an intelligent American yet.
And we went through this whole thing about whether you were referring to all Americans when you say Americans are stupid. When you say you weren't referring to all Americans, but now saying you haven't met an intelligent American, were you saying not all Americans before because, even though you have not met one, you presume there must be some smart Americans just by numbers, or were you just trying to appear to not be a bigot.

St. James, NY

#115112 Jun 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"In contrast to France, Britain and America Russia isn't dangerous anymore."
Massivly an underestimation.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-milita...
"So you are comparing 5 years with some hundred years? WW2 was a catastrophic Event. Aside from the Nazi Party there wasn't much slavery caused by Germans."
"This is just about WW2.
As I said there isn't a long history of slavery in Germany."
Germans are very efficient, they put an entire civilization's history of brutality into a few years.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115113 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I won't tell the Americans what I really think of them but I will show them how dumb they are as I will write the best marks with no efforts. Especially in mathematics and physics.
Americans don't even know how to solve Hartree-Fock equations. It will be easy to get the best marks.
I would bet that the majority of Germans don't know how to do that either. But the top Americans and Germans do. The idea that a variational principle can be used to get approximations is pretty standard in physics.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#115114 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would bet that you aren't very familiar with the Tanaka-Krein duality theorem. Or how to compute the cohomology ring of, say S^2 x S^2/diag, where diag is the diagonal in the product.

That doesn't make you stupid.

St. James, NY

#115116 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, imagine that! That's all you got? I didn't say I couldn't handle the Umlauts. I said topix can't. I wasn't going to go to painstaking playing around to get my point across to deutscher stolz. So - sue me!
And I do agree - Umlauts would make a pretty good name for a band...:)
Um, I wasn't criticizing. I found the syntax of that particular set of words funny.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115118 Jun 22, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would bet that you aren't very familiar with the Tanaka-Krein duality theorem. Or how to compute the cohomology ring of, say S^2 x S^2/diag, where diag is the diagonal in the product.
That doesn't make you stupid.
You are wrong.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115119 Jun 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence isn't limited to physics and math , I mean science isn't the only place the gifted can be gifted. We don't consider Beethoven, Bach or Hemingway and Shakespeare scientists but they were geniuses.
Shakesspear was an idiot like Goethe.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115121 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Dich haben sie wohl als Kind zu heiss gebadet!
Don't you ever get bored with your own delusions of grandeur?
I still don't understand why you would want to come to the United States to study. According to your logic - since all Americans are idiots - the professors wouldn't be able to teach you anything. So, why waste your time (especially, since you could study for free in your homeland)? I say, you're a FRAUD!
There is a reason. It is for improving my English. There is no more efficient way to learn a language than to travel to a country where the people are speaking this language.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#115123 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
OK, then it does make you stupid. HAppy now?
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115124 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK would be closer. And, don't you - in your superiority - think that they speak "better" English there? According to Professor Higgins (from My Fair Lady)- "in America they haven't spoken it for years..." :)
No. The Uk is the only country that is worse than America.
Besides the Uk every English speaking country is based on cruel crimes against the natives.
The Uk is the source of it.

I have already been in London and that was the worst city I have ever visited. Some Brits called us Nazis just because they heard us talking in German. I will never go back.
Despite I have to admit that there are nice cities outside of Germany. I visited Prague this year for two weeks and it was a really nice city with kind people. The only annoying thing were the arrogant British tourists. They didn't have any respect towards the Czech people.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#115125 Jun 22, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
So if some god created all things then who or what created god.
If "all things" means everything, then even his existence began when things began. This is the only logical answer.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115126 Jun 22, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>If "all things" means everything, then even his existence began when things began. This is the only logical answer.
That isn't logical.
You say that god comes into existence from nothing. Why isn't it possible that life comes into existence from nothing if it is possible that a god comes into existence from nothing?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#115127 Jun 22, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason. It is for improving my English. There is no more efficient way to learn a language than to travel to a country where the people are speaking this language.
Ich weiƟ.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115129 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, we can actually agree on something - Prague is a beautiful city! I've been there quite a few times and enjoy it each time again. But in other parts of the Czech Republic, they still have bad memories of Germans and don't exactly welcome them with open arms.
I don't know good English speaking cities.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#115130 Jun 22, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, we can actually agree on something - Prague is a beautiful city! I've been there quite a few times and enjoy it each time again. But in other parts of the Czech Republic, they still have bad memories of Germans and don't exactly welcome them with open arms.
All people living during WW2 are either dead or very old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Sublime1 68,129
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 5 min Mr_FX 1,590
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 6 min Mr_FX 2,931
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min Mr_FX 61,350
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 9 min Mr_FX 10,745
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 11 min Mr_FX 1,917
I Believe __________________ ....... (Feb '11) 22 min F_R_E_D 742
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min visitor 209,849
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 13,534
What Turns You Off? 2 hr Ferrerman 136