Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

#115021 Jun 21, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, it's not like anyone in Germany is going to miss the, what,$5 billion of directly infused money those bases provide, or the estimated $800+ million that the US service men and women spend of their salaries into the local economy.
I am sure the unemployed Germans will be perfectly happy to go hungry in order to satisfy your mad on for America.
Are you kidding me?

“I laugh at trolls, because”

Level 6

Since: Apr 10

they are the laughing stock!

#115022 Jun 21, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid American.
Nazis were mainly the fault of brits, French and Americans. Russia never had a chance against us if you had stop annoying us. You supported Russia in WW2 for defeating us.
Naturally you wouldn't admit any responsibility. I suppose you think the Jews walked voluntarily into concentration camps and gassed themselves? Did you flunk history in school? Oh, that's right - they don't teach about that notorious era in your schools - wouldn't want the GERMANS to be too educated...

You're not so bright yourself. Is jumping to conclusions your only exercise?

You have absolutely NO IDEA what nationality I am. Doesn't keep you from throwing your stuck-up, clueless opinion around, though.

I bet your fellow Germans despise your opinionated, bull-headed self also (and laugh their heads off about silly old you).

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#115024 Jun 21, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?
Not at all. Building US bases in Germany means employed German citizens and money for Germany. US military personnel stationed in Germany buy German goods, earning money for Germany.

St. James, NY

#115026 Jun 21, 2014
Congratz to Germany for not losing against Ghana. The header at 71 minutes was a thing of beauty and should be in that player's highlight real for years to come. Although around 68 minutes a German player took a pretty obvious dive. Slow mo replay showed the Ghana player's foot nowhere near the German player but the German player went down.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#115027 Jun 21, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! The German government actually opposes withdrawal of American troops from Germany, because of the economic advantage.
That deutscher stolz guy is just a weird troll, trying to make trouble. Poor guy needs to get a life - and an EDUCATION!
Do you live in the United States? If so simple question for you. Would "you" you as a person, want Iraq, Russia, Germany, Korea, or any other country to have military bases here in the USA even if our country gained some economically? I myself would not.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#115028 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in the United States? If so simple question for you. Would "you" you as a person, want Iraq, Russia, Germany, Korea, or any other country to have military bases here in the USA even if our country gained some economically? I myself would not.
Unfortunately when you get get your ass kicked in a war you start, you may have to allow foreign military bases inside your country. Or you can just dissolve your country and join the victors. You may choose now.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#115031 Jun 21, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges, replaytime! Germany lost the war, and the Allieds occupied it for its own protection (and the protection of surrounding countries). Later, this turned into an economical advantage for Germany. Most Germans have no problems with the American presence, there are just a few low-lives like deutscher stolz who are ignorant of facts and turn their frustration on America
.There would never be a reason for a foreign power to occupy the United States!
Funny how neither you or Aura will answer a simple honest question. You both know how you would feel about it but yet neither will give your answer on how you would feel about it.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#115032 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how neither you or Aura will answer a simple honest question. You both know how you would feel about it but yet neither will give your answer on how you would feel about it.
I'm half Japanese, now that half feels shame and humiliation.
What do you want to hear , of course no one likes to have something like that.
On the other hand , my father met may mother from being on a military base in Japan.
Me so happy USA military base in Japan! < Aura waves little US flag smiles and say...

Big Ticket, take pik-ure? 5 dollar

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#115033 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just glad father not real Russian hero...lol
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#115034 Jun 21, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid American.
Nazis were mainly the fault of brits, French and Americans. Russia never had a chance against us if you had stop annoying us. You supported Russia in WW2 for defeating us.
Sieg Heil! Yes the concentrations camps where 6 million Jews were exterminated were all standing in England and France. Sieg Heil! And Mein Kampf was secretly written by Churchill and the Potzdammer Conference actually took place in Paris. Sieg Heil!

The poor Germans had nothing left to do than gassing Jews. Sieg Heil! They could not help. Sieg Heil! They were innocent. Besides, "Ich habe es nicht gewusst". Sieg Heil!
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

#115035 Jun 21, 2014
reporterreport wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges, replaytime! Germany lost the war, and the Allieds occupied it for its own protection (and the protection of surrounding countries). Later, this turned into an economical advantage for Germany. Most Germans have no problems with the American presence, there are just a few low-lives like deutscher stolz who are ignorant of facts and turn their frustration on America
You don't know Germans. Most of us have problems with it. We also don't want your nuclear weapons on German soil.

Here this comes in our media about America.

Unfortunately there aren't subtitles but I am trying to translate some parts:

"Hello America!
We have to talk. After almost 70 years of transatlantic friendship we are fed up to the back teeth. We eat your disgusting ring shaped-pastry. We let take us for an idiot by NSA and facebook. You fight your wars from our airports. To say it short. Germany is the fucking Ukraine of the USA.
Silence!
The whole shit of your broken colonie is swashing to Europe. We have tolerated cheeseburger, Halloween and baywatch. Soon our asses are as wide as the asses of your fat woman. We are even drinking your shit coffee with jam taste but now the humiliation has an end.

What do you want?
Do German students have to be as stupid as yours Do our religion teachers also have automatic weapons soon?

Do you know what? If you are looking for friends who fits to you then take Saudi Arabia.
Now I am saying as the representant of the Germans 'push the free trade agreement there where the burger is seeing the light again'

"
We also hate your drones war.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#115036 Jun 21, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I dont accept evolution, nor do I reject it.
As far as I am concerned, any concept which has consistency will influence valid, effective feedback when applied.
Actually, I DO HAVE TO JUSTIFY MY BELIEF IN GOD.
As a rational entity, I cannot believe or accept anything without being able to justify why I find it acceptable or credible.
<quoted text>
Describe or identify the property or attribute which reders him/it provable and/or un-provable.
So you are crapping on the board from your position on the fence. Well done.*pigeon preens feathers with an old nasty cigarette it finds next to own feces*

You don't have to justify your position here. This is a science forum. I don't care what you believe and I doubt many others do either. Your personal belief isn't relevant to science.

*pigeon picks parasites out of feathers and eats them*
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#115037 Jun 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof is in the examination of who the evolutionists are.......they are a group that believes in atheism, paganism and heathenism.
Really? Tell that to the evangelical Christians at Baylor University, the "largest Baptist University in the world," where the students go on mission trips, etc.

This is from the Biology Department at Baylor:
http://www.baylor.edu/biology/index.php...

Statement on Evolution
"Evolution, a foundational principle of modern biology, is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and is accepted by the vast majority of scientists. Because it is fundamental to the understanding of modern biology, the faculty in the Biology Department at Baylor University, Waco, TX, teach evolution throughout the biology curriculum. We are in accordance with the American Association for Advancement of Science's statement on evolution. We are a science department, so we do not teach alternative hypotheses or philosophically deduced theories that cannot be tested rigorously."

Also, here from the Baylor Geology Department:
http://www.baylor.edu/geology/index.php...

Quote:

"Question: Does the fossil record support the idea of biological change over time (biological evolution)?

Yes. The fossil record clearly indicates...

a progression in complexity of organisms from very simple fossil forms in the oldest rocks (>3.5 billion years old) to a broad spectrum from simple to complex forms in younger rocks,

that some organisms that were once common are now extinct, and

that the living organisms inhabiting our world today are similar (but generally not the same) as organisms represented as fossils in young sedimentary deposits, which in turn have evolutionary ancestors represented as fossils in yet older rocks.

Mammals, for example, are prevalent today and can be traced back in the fossil record for approximately 200 million years, but are not present as mammals in the fossil record before that; however, fossil forms that have reasonably been interpreted to be associated with the evolutionary precursors to mammals are found in older rocks.

Whether biological evolution occurs has not been a matter of scientific debate for more than a century. It is considered a proven fact."

End quote

St. James, NY

#115038 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia, Iraq or Korea not really but Germany sure as they are our allies, just there would be no reason to. Ramstein was in part a NATO installation, not just for the US, and it made more sense to have NATO bases in Germany during the Cold War then in Nebraska. It is still an international force there, with troops from other countries besides the US.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#115039 Jun 21, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia, Iraq or Korea not really but Germany sure as they are our allies, just there would be no reason to. Ramstein was in part a NATO installation, not just for the US, and it made more sense to have NATO bases in Germany during the Cold War then in Nebraska. It is still an international force there, with troops from other countries besides the US.
How do you feel about that some state and national parks are owned/controlled by the United Nations. <<<Just things I have read. But we(the US) owes the United Nations between $1.2-1.5 billion in back dues.(that was the 2010 total)

St. James, NY

#115040 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about that some state and national parks are owned/controlled by the United Nations. <<<Just things I have read. But we(the US) owes the United Nations between $1.2-1.5 billion in back dues.(that was the 2010 total)
I'm from NY so they forgive the debt in exchange for us forgiving the parking tickets and call it even.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#115041 Jun 21, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from NY so they forgive the debt in exchange for us forgiving the parking tickets and call it even.
lol. Never been there and have no desire to want to go.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#115042 Jun 21, 2014
What other great inventions has Germany given to the world, other than the coffee filter, and the electric drip coffee maker, and adhesive tape?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#115043 Jun 21, 2014
ATTENTION EVERYONE! ATTENTION EVERYONE!

This Just In; The war is over. No one here(physically) had anything to do with starting it or finishing it. Stop pointing fingers and laying blame for the person you are pointing at and laying blame on had nothing to do with it.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#115044 Jun 21, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no National Parks within the sovereign United States under UN control, the only control by a foreign entity within our borders is Indian Reservations.
What happened is the UN deemed specific places throughout the world as world treasures and protects them under international law , so foreigners destroying or poaching deforestation of these places can land you not only charges from the country the crime is committed, but in international court as well.

This is probably done more to combat ecological crimes against countries who cannot defend themselves against rouge governments, rebels and such as when the Russians went into Chile promising economic aid, weapons and help, only to strip them of all the copper they could get and left. Also to prevent the destruction of the rain forests in any similar venture. The only power the UN has within our border is a liaison office where they can get help from our own police to quickly apprehend international fugitives that are here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 26 min forwhatitsworth 29,099
News Thong jeans are just the latest weird fashion t... 36 min Emerald 4
News Hollywood sex scandal just got juicier 1 hr Fate Of The World 21
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 2 hr Camilla 1,104
News Thieves ram U-Haul into Louis Vuitton store in ... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 2 hr Sharlene45 999
News Restaurant facing backlash for serving Popeyes'... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 224,542
More from around the web