Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201259 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#114506 Jun 17, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't propaganda. It is the truth that Americans are dumb. I already met some Americans and they were dumb as hell.
Only Brits are more stupid.
Some of the nations from most to least intelligent:
Germany/ Austria
German Switzerland
Japan
Korea
France
some Arabic countries
Turkey
Usa
Britain
Who cares about your stupid opinion.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#114507 Jun 17, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not only good in physics and mathematics. I am either good in psychology and I know the concept of 'confirmation bias' very well. Actually I am just average in mathematics, physics and psychology in Germany but abroad I am a genius.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I had to say. You might very well be a bright young kid. You certainly have the attitude of an intelligent youth who thinks they know everything and has everything figured out (in a way reminding me of me at that age). So far in these forums, however, you have shown yourself to just be an angsty youngster who attacks anyone and everyone, even if they are on your side of the overall Evolution/Creationism debate. You have mistakenly called several people American who were not and you exhibit an elitist and superior attitude that you have not earned. You gauge and group people by their nationality, culture or affiliation and not by any real measure of intelligence or worth. You are bigoted and, quite frankly, ignorant. National pride is fine, Germany has a lot to be proud of. I'm of German descent myself and still have relatives back there. But national pride is different from national hubris, the Germans out of anyone should know the danger of racial and cultural elitism.

I don't care how smart you think you are, you need to grow up, son.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114508 Jun 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can/ does it occur independently or dependently with or without creation?
If by "creation" you mean "made by invisble magic Jews", well it certainly appears so so far. Especially since you haven't been able to show this creator of yours even exists.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114509 Jun 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
HOG
The evolutionist has two primary agendas
1. Removing Judeo Christian thought from planet Earth by any means necessary
2. Gaining credibility for their scientific studies so they can get a University Grant for research.
1 - That would certainly surprise the likes of Francis Collins and Ken Miller. After all, evolution is not atheism.

2 - They tend to be fairly successful at that, since grants are not often given out to support theories which never work. Some strange capitalist idea about seeing returns on their investments and all that, but my guess your economic education probably amounts to "COMMIES EVIL LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!"
SevenTee wrote:
Those are powerful motivations for religious and economic gain.
Actually science, although it CAN pay well, is NOT the most lucrative of carreers. And as for religious gain? Well you've seen how much the religious flock care about or pay attention to science.

(Hint - not very)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114510 Jun 17, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the one with a reading problem is you. As I said and will say again(pay attention this time) "but to be sure there is no misunderstanding here, none of that means a world wide flood is/was possible. All I am saying is there is more water under us than we ever thought
That's nice. Now show us that Venus has as much life as Earth and maybe you'll have a point. Until then life could not survive a global flood.

Unless of course you happen to have the assistance of an invisible magic Jew, or Captain Kirk.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114511 Jun 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "creation" you mean "made by invisble magic Jews", well it certainly appears so so far. Especially since you haven't been able to show this creator of yours even exists.
Where do you get the ideal that God is a Jew?
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

#114512 Jun 17, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Adolph,,, Yes I called you Adolph for like him you think you are better than everyone else when you are not. You say Korea, do mean North or South? You do know there is a North and South Korea don't you?
I've got some bad news for ya,,,,,,,Germany does not even come up in the top 15
1. Canada
2. Israel
3. Japan
4. USA
5. New Zealand
6. South Korea
7. UK, Norway, Finland & Australia
8. Ireland and Estonia
9. Switzerland and Luxembourg
10. Denmark
http://www.toptenfamous.com/list-of-10-world-...
lol These criteria are ridiculous. They just looked at the number of University degrees. This say nothing. Germany is famous for it's high quality 'ausbildung' and we have 'fachhochschulen' which is a Germany only concept. There is no need for many Germans to go to the University for getting high education.
Besides a degree in subjects like art or Music has not much to do with intelligent.

look at this:
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/05/18...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114513 Jun 17, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
Answering a question with a question, eh?
There goes another irony meter.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114514 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Before you get to "If you refer to the fact of God's existence then unfortunately you have yet to demonstrate that": deal with:
1. Is looking for evidence that someone said something, the same as looking for evidence that a vehicle has passed a particular spot?
2. Do words have the same effects as tire tracks?
3. Do words leave impressions on the ground like tire tracks?
4. Do we not know that when looking for evidence of things, it is the nature of the thing that determines how that thing will/can be investigated?
I ahve structured them such that a simple yes/no will be sufficient.
That's nice. So cut the BS and get to the point already.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114515 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Okay.
So are we and our intelligence separate from the universe?
Is our intelligence the product of natural forces in nature, or outside/beyond of nature?
No, our intelligence is inside the universe, a product of natural forces in nature.

You sure do like to drag stuff out, eh.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#114516 Jun 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Don' t forget that I was only asking you a question. Now back to the question. Ofcourse, God Almighty do exist.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114517 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ok.
Now that the world has an idea of the level of critical thinking skills of the people involved... lets move on...
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
But in all your scientific objectivity, it seemed beyond you to engage in the use of metaphors during such debates/discussions.
I would have thought that metaphors and symbolism, analogy and anthropomorphism etc were strictly to implements of creatards, god-bots, ancient desert codex readers etc etc.
<quoted text>
I was not being metaphorical in my choice of expressions.
The words I used are well known to you and are meaningful in the scientific community:
Nevertheless, I shall rephrase.
Does the universe have the capacity to behave intelligently or demonstrate elements of behavior similar to those observable in intelligent behavior?
Only if you're a proponent of INTELLIGENT FALLING THEORY.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114518 Jun 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I stand corrected. I repeat, reproduction is a process of creation , while evolution is not. Evolution can never function independently without passing through the creation process. I don' nt care what you think.
And we don't care what you think. So what else have we got?

Facts to support our respective cases.

Oh wait - YOU don't have that...
deutscher Stolz

Bissendorf, Germany

#114519 Jun 17, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I had to say. You might very well be a bright young kid. You certainly have the attitude of an intelligent youth who thinks they know everything and has everything figured out (in a way reminding me of me at that age).
No you don't understand me. I never said that I know everything. There are many things I don't know. Much more than I know. But in comparison to Americans I know very much.
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>]National pride is fine, Germany has a lot to be proud of. I'm of German descent myself and still have relatives back there. But national pride is different from national hubris, the Germans out of anyone should know the danger of racial and cultural elitism.
I don't care how smart you think you are, you need to grow up, son.
I know that Germany has a lot to be proud of but America has nothing to be proud of.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114520 Jun 17, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get the ideal that God is a Jew?
Religion of Jewish origin. Jesus, King of the Jews. Jews God's chosen people, yadda yadda yadda...

Not that it matters. Could be Klingon for all the difference it could make.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114521 Jun 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don' t forget that I was only asking you a question. Now back to the question. Ofcourse, God Almighty do exist.
That's not a question, that's a statement.

Of course, you cannot back it up.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114522 Jun 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. Now show us that Venus has as much life as Earth and maybe you'll have a point. Until then life could not survive a global flood.
Unless of course you happen to have the assistance of an invisible magic Jew, or Captain Kirk.
I never claimed Venus has as much life as Earth. So once again, as usual(rolls eyes), your pint is absolutely nothing but a meaningless rant..

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114523 Jun 17, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol These criteria are ridiculous. They just looked at the number of University degrees. This say nothing. Germany is famous for it's high quality 'ausbildung' and we have 'fachhochschulen' which is a Germany only concept. There is no need for many Germans to go to the University for getting high education.
Besides a degree in subjects like art or Music has not much to do with intelligent.
look at this:
http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2010/05/18...
You have 'fachhochschulen' which is a Germany only concept. I also believe you had "Nazi" which was a German only concept and where did that get you?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114524 Jun 17, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion of Jewish origin. Jesus, King of the Jews. Jews God's chosen people, yadda yadda yadda...
Not that it matters. Could be Klingon for all the difference it could make.(shrug)
Oh I see you believe God does not exist but yet you assign God a race and I think you have also assigned God a gender.. Interesting. By the way it was Jesus who was the Jew, not God. As far as I know God has no race, color or gender.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#114525 Jun 17, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Germany has a lot to be proud of but America has nothing to be proud of.
Which is still your opinion.

Your naïve, immature opinion.

I would bet with a great deal of confidence that many of the older generation that live in Israel would have quite a different opinion.

I understand Hector is anxious to make your acquaintance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 2 min Knock off purse s... 27,471
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 min Knock off purse s... 3,189
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 3 min SweLL GirL 3,333
Post any FOUR words 4 min Knock off purse s... 1,029
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 5 min Knock off purse s... 3,368
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 5 min Knock off purse s... 13,295
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min beatlesinthedog 8,940
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min CJ Rocker 194,288
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 13 min Knock off purse s... 7,819
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min count me out 58,065