Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
108,241 - 108,260 of 113,024 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is nowhere close to 'working'. It is flawed at the very start: and merging of inheritance lines will exponentially decrease the predicted number of ancestors. And we *know* that there will be merging of such lines going backwards.
This has been bugging me so I have to say.....
BTW poly, you act acted as if I didn't agree with you earlier this week.
The point I would argue, is the rationale why we even still have and teach the law of gravity is there is a specific place where G is in agreement with GR. But I also remember the argument with Humble where you laid out the contemporary figures for him , and I asked you specifically if gravity was a force or consequence of space/time geometry, you didn't answer me then.
But in all honesty we don't know, and as flawed as Newton was in being very incomplete, GR is still incomplete also. But if there turns out there are gravitons , then Newton was right to a small degree more than we think now. But as you see Newton as an approximation,
I see GR as being the closest approximation we have now, both are lacking in explanation of everything .

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False.
How?
Explain?
Well the stork flew over you mummy’s house and you evolved by god magic....

Evolution has been explained to you repeatedly, no one else’s problem but your own that you ignore the explanations. Evolution is proven in several complimentary ways, there is no argument that it occurred and it is still occurring. What there is, is denial by those who refuse to accept facts because some bronze age goat herders wrote a book.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
By "vague", I am suggesting that you mean 'Is of a nature which I am not able to discern'.
Nevertheless, for people like myself who are concerned about the true potential of our faculties; it is a question worthy of contemplation.
<quoted text>
I am not saying that water is intelligent enough to form a snowflake etc, etc.
I am saying that those phenomena are the result of (an) "intelligent" influence, which I have come to identify with "Jehovah".
"Balancing natural effects" are attributed to the influence of "Jehovah".
Intelligence is "magical", so to that degree I can see with your expression "intelligent magic".
You lost me at the point of "bronze age codex".
<quoted text>
The human capacity to anthropomorphize allows us to call the inanimate as if it were animate; but do you have a 99.9% certainty that this is true.
<quoted text>
All commonsense looks at the fact that the working biological brain did not create itself: and a product always bears the impressions of the source and processes which formed it.
Therefore I am justified in suggesting that something intelligent created that which is intelligent.
<quoted text>
I agree.
I said that your question "why does intelligence work?" is too vague. What do you mean by "work?" What intelligence are you referring to - that of ignoring knowledge and information in favor of contriving a metaphysical superhuman? That is not discernment, it is delusion. Essentially you claim that Jehovah is real because 3 consistently follows 2, thus indicating a fixed, planned and intelligent order to "creation". It is a false argument.
There is no evidence that ice crystals or cockroach brains are created by premeditated influence of an even more unevidenced cosmic consciousness. What evidence do you have that a god (you call Jehovah) created anything, much less everything? Nothing else except the bronze age codex you call the Bible. Absolutely nothing else. By whatever name and anthropomorphism you choose to label its central figure, superstition/theology may indeed be common, but it is not common sense.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these countries were not innocent. For example Poland humiliated the Germans in Danzig. So it is their fault that we invaded them..
Oh, great reason. So when the US stands up to help a country with military intervention, to you it's an "invasion", but when Germany invades a country, it is a defensive action. Good.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>btw I am going to go to America for one year this year.
"I hate Amerika", "I'm going there for one year". Your hate is obviously not that strong.

And I'm certain Americans will welcome you with open arms. Contrary to your hate, Americans respect Germans very highly. You can expect to be treated very well there. I hope your visit changes your opinion.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic then Croatia should invade Brazil because they were humiliated in last night football match
It really is no good bringing up old arguments that were settled almost 70 years ago just because you have problems sleeping at night
Lol, I was going to use this same example, but decided against it for obvious reasons. Good call. Great game.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Judged:

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these countries were not innocent. For example Poland humiliated the Germans in Danzig. So it is their fault that we invaded them.
btw I am going to go to America for one year this year.
That reminds me of the bible story of some youngsters calling names to a bold man and then being punished by the merciful Lord by sending a few she-bears who tore them into pieces.

Let's analyse this breathtaking caboodle:
- between 1920 and 1939 the Free City of Danzig was inhabited by 95% ethnic Germans
- the German majority deeply resented being separated from Germany, which is as such understandable
- this German majority subjected the Polish minority to discrimination
- after the Nazi Party gained political control in 1933, things got worse. The Nazis immediately started to suppress democratic opposition. And they promptly started to terrorize the Jewish minority, causing the fled of many Jews. They abolished the Free City status and formed the Reichsgau of Danzig-West Prussia. They also classified the Poles and Jews as "subhuman", subjecting them to discrimination, forced labor, and extermination. Many were sent to death at concentration camps, including nearby Stutthof (now Sztutowo, Poland). Note that we are not arrived the year 1939, when Hitler invaded Poland. The the After the anti-Jewish riots of Kristallnacht of 9/10 November 1938 in Germany, similar riots took place on 12/13 November in Danzig.

That's a very different story than "Poland humiliated the Germans in Danzig".

But let's assume that there were some good reasons for the Germans to resent the results of the Versailles Treaty and that the constant terror and mischief by the Nazis in Danzig did not happen. Just for the sake of argument.

What would you expect to be reasonable in such circumstances?
Maybe abolishment of the Free City status? OK.
Maybe a aimed military campaign to secure the city's newly established status as Reichsgau. OK.
Intensive diplomatic pressure to advocate the interests of the German population in the Free Ciry? OK.
Economic sanctions against Poland? OK.

What actually happened:
1) form 1920 on constant terrorization of the Polish minority
2) from 1933 immediate terrorization of the Jewish minority including concentration camps, killings and "Endlösung"
3) in 1939 invasion of Poland
4) Hitler had plans to remove the whole of the Slavic populations of all occupied areas for "Lebensraum", ending up in:
5) 5 years of terror, extermination, concentrations camps, human misery, the Warsaw ghetto, disaster followed.

"So it is their fault that we invaded them."
YOU MUST BE KIDDING.

MIR GEHT'S ZUM KOTZEN.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I was going to use this same example, but decided against it for obvious reasons. Good call. Great game.
:-)
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
"I hate Amerika", "I'm going there for one year". Your hate is obviously not that strong.
There are two reasons why I go to America.

1. to improve my English skills
2. to show how dumb they are compared to Germans.

I am sure that they will call me a Nazi or make fun of me just because I am a German. It has already been the same in the UK.

btw there are not many countries I hate. There are 193 recognized countries in the world but I only hate six of them.

The countries are from most hated to least hated.

UK
USA
France
Poland
Russia
Italy
Denmark

Countries I like are from most liked to least liked.

Germany
Austria (Actually Austria is nothing else but Germany)
German speaking Switzerland
Japanese
Sweden
Norway
Finnland

You see I like more countries than I hate.
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

I meant seven of them
first I forgot denmark

It is because they stole 'Oberschlesien'
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Oh and I forgot Liechtenstein
It is one of the countries I like but actually it is nothing else but Germany as well

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that they will call me a Nazi or make fun of me just because I am a German. It has already been the same in the UK.
btw there are not many countries I hate. There are 193 recognized countries in the world but I only hate six of them.
UK
USA
France
Poland
Russia
Italy
Denmark
Countries I like are from most liked to least liked.
Germany
Austria (Actually Austria is nothing else but Germany)
German speaking Switzerland
Japanese
Sweden
Norway
Finnland
You see I like more countries than I hate.
Have you ever considered that there may be a very good reason why people call you Nazi?
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered that there may be a very good reason why people call you Nazi?
There aren't good reasons. Personally I hate Nazis and I hate Hitler.
Americans just think that every German is a Nazi.
Some Americans even think that Europe is a country and everyone speaks French there.

Look there how much Americans know about Europe
http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/americans-...

There are only some exceptions.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
UK
USA
France

I'm quite sure that after posting on the internet how much you hate Americans, and basically everything American that you will receive a VERY warm welcome as you come through customs at the airport.

I'm sure the NSA is expecting you, having displayed your ill will towards our country, you're likely already on a 'watch list'.

You might find the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) folks will be quite curious as to the contents of your luggage, your pockets as well as your lower gastrointestinal tract.

For your sake, I just hope that Hector "Big Hands" Townsend is not scheduled to work security detail on that day.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to the US to prove to Americans how dumb they are compared to Germans. Wise move - good luck with that.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that they will call me a Nazi or make fun of me just because I am a German.
You're wrong Stolz, Americans respect Germany, and Germans. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself there.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>btw there are not many countries I hate. There are 193 recognized countries in the world but I only hate six of them....
I truly do not care. You're a bigot and very narrow minded. But you're young, hopefully this will change with time and world experience.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>...Austria (Actually Austria is nothing else but Germany)
Austria disagrees with you.
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to the US to prove to Americans how dumb they are compared to Germans. Wise move - good luck with that.
<quoted text>
You're wrong Stolz, Americans respect Germany, and Germans. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself there.
<quoted text>
I truly do not care. You're a bigot and very narrow minded. But you're young, hopefully this will change with time and world experience.
<quoted text>
Austria disagrees with you.
I am very intelligent for a narrow minded person.

Austrians are ethnical Germans. They are just for historical reasons a different country today.

Tell why do Americans spy at us? Do they want to steal German inventions again?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
For your sake, I just hope that Hector "Big Hands" Townsend is not scheduled to work security detail on that day.
Lol, I can picture the evil grin Hector's sporting as he snaps on the rubber glove...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that after posting on the internet how much you hate Americans, and basically everything American that you will receive a VERY warm welcome as you come through customs at the airport.
I'm sure the NSA is expecting you, having displayed your ill will towards our country, you're likely already on a 'watch list'.
You might find the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) folks will be quite curious as to the contents of your luggage, your pockets as well as your lower gastrointestinal tract.
The boy doesn't recognize that his attitudes embody the same things he professes to "hate" about his American stereotypes - obviously that is Poland's fault..

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very intelligent for a narrow minded person.
Austrians are ethnical Germans. They are just for historical reasons a different country today.
Tell why do Americans spy at us? Do they want to steal German inventions again?
Yes, you are intelligent -- but not very smart.

You blast all over the internet how much you 'hate Americans', then wonder why we're spying on you? I suspect you're not the ONLY German who has your mindset.

BTW:

"Project Rahab uses SIGINT -- intelligence based on interception of signals, conversations and electronic communications -- to gather information on foreign business competition that can benefit German companies. BND officers have penetrated computer networks and databases in countries including Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Italy, and the United States."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keith-thomson/o...

How do you say "hypocrite" in German?

Also, don't wear anything 'complicated' on your trip to the US. Hector can get impatient.
deutscher Stolz

Lohne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
How do you say "hypocrite" in German?
Also, don't wear anything 'complicated' on your trip to the US. Hector can get impatient.
It's 'heuchlerisch' but I doubt you can pronounce it in a correct way. It is a difficult word for non-Germans. In this word are some sounds that don't exist in English like the German 'ch' and the German 'r'.
It is funny if Americans try to say "Fichten" (spruces) because they pronounce the German 'ch' like the German 'ck' and then it sounds like "ficken" what means "to fuck".
You can't also pronounce the German 'ü'. It's funny if you try to say schwül (hot and humid). Then it sounds like "schwul" (gay).

Besides it is not hypocrite. What should be hypocrite about this?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>It's 'heuchlerisch'...

Besides it is not hypocrite. What should be hypocrite about this?
Did you read the article referenced above?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

227 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever happened to... (Mar '12) 4 min PFfff 44
SONGS about PLACES....title or lyrics (Jun '08) 4 min night machine 672
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min -Lea- 15,480
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Bezeer 5,682
Word Association (Mar '10) 7 min Bezeer 15,785
Animals are normally harmless to humans, but st... 8 min PFfff 3
Word Association (Jun '10) 8 min Bezeer 26,032
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,054
Message to Obama 32 min Hoosier Hillbilly 687