Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 186944 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114208 Jun 15, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
How pray tell, does one go about "hating" something that they don't believe in? Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Of course you don't. So my question to you would be, why do you hate the Flying Spaghetti Monster? My guess would be that you weren't given as much spaghetti sauce as you thought you should have when you were a child.
Why aren't you happy with yourself? Why do you feel the need to try and belittle an atheist? There are studies that talk about that sort of behavior you know. I'm willing to bet that you even know about those studies. Am I right? I bet I am.
How do I know he is an Atheist? How do you know he is an Atheist?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114209 Jun 15, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I call people idiots that act like idiots. That is all there is to it.
I have no need to get revenge upon god. The fact is that there is no evidence for your god. And sadly you know it. You seem to think that if you act like a fool that you will be protected from this fact. As I have said before your idiocy is self imposed which makes it that much sadder that you have to act like an idiot.
Yes, I know what studies have shown. That does not apply here. Sometimes idiots really act like idiots and are called out for it.
The fact that you are a dishonest self imposed tard bothers you. That means there is still some hope for you. Some people foolishness on these threads seems to be not of their own making. Look at Jim Ryan, he is clearly mentally ill. His only hope is treatment and medication. I don't even bother with him since it is not nice to pick on the mentally ill. Then we have bohart and other truly clueless creationists. Again, they are fools whose idiocy is a bit deeper than simply being self imposed. There is no hope for them either. There is still some hope for you. That is why I slap you around more than most.
There is a cure for your self imposed idiocy.
You belittle anyone that does not agree with you. You make posts that you say are right and when the a reg here calls you out you change what you said to stay/fit in with the crowd. So who really is the insecure one here Subby. I can and do argue both ways no matter who I piss off or please. I can see points from both for I have an open mind and think for myself. DO I live my life trying to please God, not even close so that little point of your is out the window. I live my life deciding for myself what I want to think and believe. You can never know how deep the water is by only wading in the shallows. You have to be adventurous and explore to see what is out there that you may not know of or have been told.

But again you prove what I say with your insults and belittling.
Really

United States

#114210 Jun 15, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I know he is an Atheist? How do you know he is an Atheist?
Why did you avoid the obvious comparisons between what you posted and my post? The reasoning you used is just as faulty as that which I used to counter your "why do you hate god".

You also showed a bit of hypocrisy in claiming that he was belittling you by attempting to belittle him.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114211 Jun 15, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you avoid the obvious comparisons between what you posted and my post? The reasoning you used is just as faulty as that which I used to counter your "why do you hate god".
You also showed a bit of hypocrisy in claiming that he was belittling you by attempting to belittle him.
Unless it is someone that agrees with him, he belittles them. That can be seen in all his posts. I am guessing you avoided my question of "How do I know he is a Atheist. How do you know he is an Atheist" because you know the same as everyone else. Atheist do want to rule out any God and try to do so in any means possible. Which that is their right as it is a Christians right to believe in and preach about God. Now when you try to make others see God in your way, then you are wrong and I believe both Atheist and Christians push their view and are both wrong in doing so. Whether or not you believe or don't believe in God is a personal choice a person makes, it should not be a group trying to make that choice for them.
Really

United States

#114212 Jun 15, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it is someone that agrees with him, he belittles them. That can be seen in all his posts. I am guessing you avoided my question of "How do I know he is a Atheist. How do you know he is an Atheist" because you know the same as everyone else. Atheist do want to rule out any God and try to do so in any means possible. Which that is their right as it is a Christians right to believe in and preach about God. Now when you try to make others see God in your way, then you are wrong and I believe both Atheist and Christians push their view and are both wrong in doing so. Whether or not you believe or don't believe in God is a personal choice a person makes, it should not be a group trying to make that choice for them.
Replay just giving you a hard time. I know Subduction Zone is an idiot. Cheers
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#114213 Jun 15, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure it is. The one time I went to a German restaurant in Minneapolis the food was quite good. On imported beers they fact that they have to be pasteurized and then shipped probably has a bad effect on its flavor. And almost everywhere you can find local micro brews that will give the German beers a run for their money.
I remember when I first moved out to Washington state from Minnesota and saw Cold Springs beer there as a microbrew. Most of their beers in Minnesota were very low price. In fact they had bottled water that sometimes cost more than their beer. It was a shock to see that brand in another state, but sold at microbrew prices. It was also actually quite good. And nothing like their cheap supermarket beer.
why don't you act like a typical stupid American?
Really

United States

#114214 Jun 15, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text> Replay just giving you a hard time. I know Subduction Zone is an idiot. Cheers
Funny how that works.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#114215 Jun 15, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I ate at KFC must have been 15 years ago. I don't think you speak for the average American.
Generally speaking of traditional American foods, especially in the Southern part of America . The kind of foods you see at a KFC buffet was very common as a Sunday after church dinner in early times generally going back to the founding , and much of it was what most people grew themselves.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#114216 Jun 15, 2014
Colonel Sanders was a true hard working American, and he grew up in a time when most everyone raised what they had to eat. As a young man, he worked on the railroad and probably ate on camp cars, where the daily staple was most commonly pinto beans and fried potatoes and cornbread. Family meals on Sunday were special and this is where the best of the garden and barnyard were displayed. The mid day meal was known most commonly as dinner and many homes had dinner bells outside to call the young and old in, when dinner was ready.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114217 Jun 15, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you act like a typical stupid American?
Because most Americans are not stupid. The problem is that the stupid ones make the most noise and are the most noticeable. Look at idiots like replaytime and other creationists here. They cannot ever make their points so all they do is to make noise.

America is still the largest power out there, though that is hardly guaranteed any longer. It is always fun to take pokes at the big guy. We waste a huge amount of our economy on our military trying to keep the world safe for our economic needs, those are also for the most part the economic needs of western Europe. Soon we will realize that we cannot do this any longer and give it up to our allies. When we are not wasting money on the military to the extent that we do we should be able to use more of our money for health care and education.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114218 Jun 15, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Generally speaking of traditional American foods, especially in the Southern part of America . The kind of foods you see at a KFC buffet was very common as a Sunday after church dinner in early times generally going back to the founding , and much of it was what most people grew themselves.
It is not the foods that are bad, it is the quality. Even Colonel Sanders was a bit disparaging about the quality of KFC after he sold the franchise.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114219 Jun 15, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Generally speaking of traditional American foods, especially in the Southern part of America . The kind of foods you see at a KFC buffet was very common as a Sunday after church dinner in early times generally going back to the founding , and much of it was what most people grew themselves.
Lone, I didn't notice you're from Ky., home of what I hear to be some of the best fried chicken. I've never been to Kentucky, but I understand fried chicken (not necessarily KFC) is a tradition in your parts. Cheers.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#114220 Jun 15, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lone, I didn't notice you're from Ky., home of what I hear to be some of the best fried chicken. I've never been to Kentucky, but I understand fried chicken (not necessarily KFC) is a tradition in your parts. Cheers.
Yes, I was born in Kentucky in 1956, and I remember the tradition of Sunday after church dinners, when we had meals just like the KFC restaurant's have today, except the food tasted better fresh straight from our farm. Everything was made from scratch, and I remember when we had a wood cooking stove. When biscuits were baked in the oven, it was as hot as it could be and they were baked just until they looked golden brown, because nobody timed them or checked the temperature. Mom would use Martha White self-rising flour with a little lard and buttermilk added, and she would roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a table she had spread with flour. The baking pan was pre-heated with a little lard to keep the biscuits from sticking and she would baste them with butter when they were about half cooked.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#114221 Jun 15, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most Americans are not stupid. The problem is that the stupid ones make the most noise and are the most noticeable. Look at idiots like replaytime and other creationists here. They cannot ever make their points so all they do is to make noise.
America is still the largest power out there, though that is hardly guaranteed any longer. It is always fun to take pokes at the big guy. We waste a huge amount of our economy on our military trying to keep the world safe for our economic needs, those are also for the most part the economic needs of western Europe. Soon we will realize that we cannot do this any longer and give it up to our allies. When we are not wasting money on the military to the extent that we do we should be able to use more of our money for health care and education.
Then it's not fair to blame you just because you are American, isn't it?

Isn't it true that Americans are nationalistic, patriotic and that they don't know much about other countries?
And why do Americans don't know much about mathematics and physics?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114223 Jun 15, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's not fair to blame you just because you are American, isn't it?
Isn't it true that Americans are nationalistic, patriotic and that they don't know much about other countries?
And why do Americans don't know much about mathematics and physics?
You mean like you are about Germany? Yes, that is true.

And most Germans do not know much about mathematics and physics. Right now you may know a bit because you are presently being educated. I can tell you from personal experience that if you do not use it you will lose your abilities. In college math differential equations was the one course that I made zero, none, nada, zip, not one mistake in when it came to exams. I even got a bonus extra credit question on the final correct and finished in about half of the allotted time. I have not used differential equations since college about 30 years ago and all of that particular knowledge is gone.

I could not solve a differential equation to save my life right now. Yes, our high school levels of education are behind yours. Part of that is because we are such a mixed society that there is a bigger difference between the "haves" and the 'have-nots" than in Germany. That means a lot of kids suffer with bad homes and when concentrated with other kids in the same situation leads to poor education.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#114224 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be very much out of your mind, and completely stupid.
American Universities lead the world in every area of scientific research.
The USA is one of the world leaders in productivity, invention, industry, culture.
Don't be an ethnocentric idiot your entire life.
Yes Germany is a great country and a wonderful place...so is the Neatherlands, Greece, Spain, Italy, England, France and many other European countries.
If you do not like this country than get the He11 out. People will be lining up to take your place
It is because of 300 000 stolen German patents after WW2 and German scientists.

So you think that I am more stupid than you?
Then tell me how to solve the Lotka-Volterra-Equations. I know it already with 18 years. The average American ist normally not able to do this.
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#114225 Jun 15, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
I could not solve a differential equation to save my life right now. Yes, our high school levels of education are behind yours. Part of that is because we are such a mixed society that there is a bigger difference between the "haves" and the 'have-nots" than in Germany. That means a lot of kids suffer with bad homes and when concentrated with other kids in the same situation leads to poor education.
We have the same problems with our Turks. They are dumb as hell. Despite our Turks are better educated than the average American. Maybe America can take our 3 or 4 Million Turks. The land is big enough.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114226 Jun 15, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me how to solve the Lotka-Volterra-Equations. I know it already with 18 years. The average American ist normally not able to do this.
No, you are merely more foolish than I am. But you are young and that is excusable.

And most of the so called "stolen" scientists can to America more than willingly. How did we "steal" them? And it is very hard to steal a patent. Do you even know what a patent is?
deutscher Stolz

Cloppenburg, Germany

#114227 Jun 15, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are merely more foolish than I am. But you are young and that is excusable.
And most of the so called "stolen" scientists can to America more than willingly. How did we "steal" them? And it is very hard to steal a patent. Do you even know what a patent is?
This was adressed to SevenTee..
I don't think that you are stupid. At least not totally stupid.

Yes I know the meaning of 'patent'.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#114228 Jun 15, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you want to go here, considering the amount of theft Germany committed during ww2 in jewels, gold, art ,land, people and other priceless treasures. It's a bit like Ali Baba calling someone else a thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 10 min whatimeisit 2,059
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 13 min ImFree2Choose 30,684
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 54,150
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 16 min ImFree2Choose 33,915
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 17 min whatimeisit 7,192
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 29 min Roxie Darling 15,534
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 32 min ImFree2Choose 6,225
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 54 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 1,934
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min Melody_E 181,318
News One Weird Way Cellphones Could Destroy Your Sex... 1 hr DILF 18