Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204799 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

THE LONE WORKER

United States

#114173 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
Our traditional Sunday dinner for the average American was and is like Kentucky Fried Chicken dinners. You should read the life story of Colonel Harland David Sanders and how he and his wife began their restaurant business, if you want to know about the real American foods.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#114174 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
Hotdogs!
(from Germany).
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#114175 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but how do you make it a descriptive verb like "Smeller"? And I now that is not proper English.
Riecher.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#114176 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but how do you make it a descriptive verb like "Smeller"? And I now that is not proper English.
BTW, this one:
.
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#114177 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Booyah!!! Later then. The verse, Revelation 6:8 says what it says.
Yes, and I have also said what I have said...

So now its both my words and the words of revelation against yours...
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#114178 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go away ad,,, yet! If you are male here is another one for you: King James Bible-Deuteronomy 23:1- He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
So if you are a male and ever been kicked or injured in your stones,,, you are going to hell.
If you had the slightest idea what you were talking about or a tad of commonsense, you would realize that that instruction is reserved for ritualistic or ceremonial events.

You are already infernal, so you dont have to go anywhere to burn...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#114179 Jun 14, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I have also said what I have said...
So now its both my words and the words of revelation against yours...
And both are equally as valid.(shrug)
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#114181 Jun 14, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And both are equally as valid.(shrug)
I am honored...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114182 Jun 14, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b28_wgzR34YXX.
In other words Germans thought that joke that Stolz thought was not funny the found it to be funny.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#114183 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
Anything NOT from a chain restaurant.

Depending upon the part of the US you go to, you'll find a variety of excellent regional food to choose from.

Barbeque, Tex-Mex,*REAL* hamburgers (NOT "McDonalds", etc).

Top of my list that I can think of....
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#114184 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words Germans thought that joke that Stolz thought was not funny the found it to be funny.
Well if you don't know the particular meaning of the word "Fanny" in English and normally pronounce the word "Chmelar" not the way it sounds in English, you would not understand the hilarity.

I think he didn't understand the clue.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114185 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The first is funny to Brits because the word "fanny" is a nasty slang term fro vagina there. So the ladies name sounds like Fotze Geruch to them. Actually not quite Geruch, Google translate cannot seem to get the active act of smelling down.
Second how could Germans ever complain about American food? That is worse than the pot calling the kettle black. Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.
Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114186 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
American food is not that much different from German food. Some very good meat and potato dishes such as pot roast with roasted vegetables, great seafood, and great cold-climate fruits and vegetables. The US also has a great variety of authentic international cuisine, including specialties from Brazil, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia... it's a very long list.

I do agree with you on the beer though, although you can find almost any imported beer in the US, they're not the same as they are at their origin. Like Belgium and Germany (My alltime favorite is the Munich weissbeer Wehenstefener (excuse the spelling)). There are some good smaller breweries. When you're there, look for Anchor Steam from California.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114187 Jun 14, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hotdogs!
(from Germany).
Try hot dogs steamed in beer with some fresh sauerkraut and spicy mustard!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114188 Jun 14, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Our traditional Sunday dinner for the average American was and is like Kentucky Fried Chicken dinners.
The last time I ate at KFC must have been 15 years ago. I don't think you speak for the average American.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114189 Jun 14, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you don't know the particular meaning of the word "Fanny" in English and normally pronounce the word "Chmelar" not the way it sounds in English, you would not understand the hilarity.
I think he didn't understand the clue.
One of the funniest thing I've ever seen poking fun at the German language was a commercial for the language school Berlitz. There are 2 guys sitting in a very old room with some very old radio equipment. It looks like they're in an old lighthouse on watch patrol. It's very quiet, giving you the idea that there's never any kind of action or emergency. The older man mutters something like "I'll be right back" in German to the young man, and walks out.

A moment later there's an SOS call on the radio, in English - "Help, we're sinking - we're sinking!" The young man hesitates, and finally pushes the mike button and responds in a heavy German accent, "Vat are you sinking about?"

Hence the need for language classes. That was hilarious.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#114190 Jun 14, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I ate at KFC must have been 15 years ago. I don't think you speak for the average American.
Where I come from Sunday dinner is a home cooked meal, with all the fixings.
I pretty much think that's the norm, like roast or ham, rice & gravy and sides etc.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114191 Jun 14, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now...
I am sure it is. The one time I went to a German restaurant in Minneapolis the food was quite good. On imported beers they fact that they have to be pasteurized and then shipped probably has a bad effect on its flavor. And almost everywhere you can find local micro brews that will give the German beers a run for their money.

I remember when I first moved out to Washington state from Minnesota and saw Cold Springs beer there as a microbrew. Most of their beers in Minnesota were very low price. In fact they had bottled water that sometimes cost more than their beer. It was a shock to see that brand in another state, but sold at microbrew prices. It was also actually quite good. And nothing like their cheap supermarket beer.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#114192 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure it is. The one time I went to a German restaurant in Minneapolis the food was quite good. On imported beers they fact that they have to be pasteurized and then shipped probably has a bad effect on its flavor. And almost everywhere you can find local micro brews that will give the German beers a run for their money.
I remember when I first moved out to Washington state from Minnesota and saw Cold Springs beer there as a microbrew. Most of their beers in Minnesota were very low price. In fact they had bottled water that sometimes cost more than their beer. It was a shock to see that brand in another state, but sold at microbrew prices. It was also actually quite good. And nothing like their cheap supermarket beer.
I have to laugh at you for it is funny when you make a statement like “Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.” Then a reg(JM_Brazil) comes on and disagrees with you saying “Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now.” You start back tracking and change the tune of your story to this post. Talk about being controlled by opinions. You are the poster child of that. LOL!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114193 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to laugh at you for it is funny when you make a statement like “Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.” Then a reg(JM_Brazil) comes on and disagrees with you saying “Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now.” You start back tracking and change the tune of your story to this post. Talk about being controlled by opinions. You are the poster child of that. LOL!
That is because you are a fool. I was goading Stozl, plain and simple. He made idiotic statements about U.S. cuisine, that opens it up for me to make less idiotic statements about German cuisine.

Unlike you I can be honest at times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min grace f a l l e n 197,324
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min revilot2 19,742
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min Sharlene45 3,786
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 3 min revilot2 5,143
Word Association. (Nov '10) 6 min revilot2 19,694
News A New Religion Exclusively For "Smart" Black Women 8 min grace f a l l e n 45
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 10 min Goku Blackxxxxxxxxx 33,156
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 20 min Hypocrite Hunter 19,997
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 53 min Hypocrite Hunter 8,817
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 58 min revilot2 59,723
More from around the web