Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222784 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#114183 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
Anything NOT from a chain restaurant.

Depending upon the part of the US you go to, you'll find a variety of excellent regional food to choose from.

Barbeque, Tex-Mex,*REAL* hamburgers (NOT "McDonalds", etc).

Top of my list that I can think of....
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#114184 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words Germans thought that joke that Stolz thought was not funny the found it to be funny.
Well if you don't know the particular meaning of the word "Fanny" in English and normally pronounce the word "Chmelar" not the way it sounds in English, you would not understand the hilarity.

I think he didn't understand the clue.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#114185 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The first is funny to Brits because the word "fanny" is a nasty slang term fro vagina there. So the ladies name sounds like Fotze Geruch to them. Actually not quite Geruch, Google translate cannot seem to get the active act of smelling down.
Second how could Germans ever complain about American food? That is worse than the pot calling the kettle black. Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.
Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now...

Sao Paulo

#114186 Jun 14, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you recommend as the best typical American food?
American food is not that much different from German food. Some very good meat and potato dishes such as pot roast with roasted vegetables, great seafood, and great cold-climate fruits and vegetables. The US also has a great variety of authentic international cuisine, including specialties from Brazil, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia... it's a very long list.

I do agree with you on the beer though, although you can find almost any imported beer in the US, they're not the same as they are at their origin. Like Belgium and Germany (My alltime favorite is the Munich weissbeer Wehenstefener (excuse the spelling)). There are some good smaller breweries. When you're there, look for Anchor Steam from California.

Sao Paulo

#114187 Jun 14, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hotdogs!
(from Germany).
Try hot dogs steamed in beer with some fresh sauerkraut and spicy mustard!

Sao Paulo

#114188 Jun 14, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Our traditional Sunday dinner for the average American was and is like Kentucky Fried Chicken dinners.
The last time I ate at KFC must have been 15 years ago. I don't think you speak for the average American.

Sao Paulo

#114189 Jun 14, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you don't know the particular meaning of the word "Fanny" in English and normally pronounce the word "Chmelar" not the way it sounds in English, you would not understand the hilarity.
I think he didn't understand the clue.
One of the funniest thing I've ever seen poking fun at the German language was a commercial for the language school Berlitz. There are 2 guys sitting in a very old room with some very old radio equipment. It looks like they're in an old lighthouse on watch patrol. It's very quiet, giving you the idea that there's never any kind of action or emergency. The older man mutters something like "I'll be right back" in German to the young man, and walks out.

A moment later there's an SOS call on the radio, in English - "Help, we're sinking - we're sinking!" The young man hesitates, and finally pushes the mike button and responds in a heavy German accent, "Vat are you sinking about?"

Hence the need for language classes. That was hilarious.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#114190 Jun 14, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I ate at KFC must have been 15 years ago. I don't think you speak for the average American.
Where I come from Sunday dinner is a home cooked meal, with all the fixings.
I pretty much think that's the norm, like roast or ham, rice & gravy and sides etc.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114191 Jun 14, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now...
I am sure it is. The one time I went to a German restaurant in Minneapolis the food was quite good. On imported beers they fact that they have to be pasteurized and then shipped probably has a bad effect on its flavor. And almost everywhere you can find local micro brews that will give the German beers a run for their money.

I remember when I first moved out to Washington state from Minnesota and saw Cold Springs beer there as a microbrew. Most of their beers in Minnesota were very low price. In fact they had bottled water that sometimes cost more than their beer. It was a shock to see that brand in another state, but sold at microbrew prices. It was also actually quite good. And nothing like their cheap supermarket beer.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#114192 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure it is. The one time I went to a German restaurant in Minneapolis the food was quite good. On imported beers they fact that they have to be pasteurized and then shipped probably has a bad effect on its flavor. And almost everywhere you can find local micro brews that will give the German beers a run for their money.
I remember when I first moved out to Washington state from Minnesota and saw Cold Springs beer there as a microbrew. Most of their beers in Minnesota were very low price. In fact they had bottled water that sometimes cost more than their beer. It was a shock to see that brand in another state, but sold at microbrew prices. It was also actually quite good. And nothing like their cheap supermarket beer.
I have to laugh at you for it is funny when you make a statement like “Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.” Then a reg(JM_Brazil) comes on and disagrees with you saying “Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now.” You start back tracking and change the tune of your story to this post. Talk about being controlled by opinions. You are the poster child of that. LOL!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114193 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to laugh at you for it is funny when you make a statement like “Second to England, Germany is supposed to have some of the worst cuisine in all of Europe.” Then a reg(JM_Brazil) comes on and disagrees with you saying “Actually, German cuisine is very good. Not the healthiest, but very good. I love their pork Schnitzel, and so many wonderful soups of cabbage and other vegetables. Some of the best comfort food is found in their subway, sold by small cart vendors or kiosks. Mmmm, I could really go for a weisswurst and mustard right now.” You start back tracking and change the tune of your story to this post. Talk about being controlled by opinions. You are the poster child of that. LOL!
That is because you are a fool. I was goading Stozl, plain and simple. He made idiotic statements about U.S. cuisine, that opens it up for me to make less idiotic statements about German cuisine.

Unlike you I can be honest at times.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#114194 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you are a fool. I was goading Stozl, plain and simple. He made idiotic statements about U.S. cuisine, that opens it up for me to make less idiotic statements about German cuisine.
Considering the fact than there are more German descendants in America than any other race , it seems bizarre to criticize our cuisine because it has it's German flavors. But then that's what we are , the melding of many cultures
into uniquely shaped things with it's heritage but twisted into American. This article cover this fact.

"Many of the foods that we eat today and consider American are actually German dishes or Americanized versions of German foods."

https://suite.io/diane-watkins/37z125q

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#114195 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You honest? At times a little but most the time not. LMAO. You are a tool. You follow the crowd. You do and say what pleases the crowd and have no ti very little thought of your own. You say “he made idiotic statements about U.S. cuisine, that opens it up for me to make less idiotic statements about German cuisine.” So you did acted idiotic as well? Again proves you are an idiot for you let them drag you into their game and you in turn act the same. You are a crowd pleaser and do what they do and go with what the crowd says no matter what you think. That is a pity my little friend.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114196 Jun 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Considering the fact than there are more German descendants in America than any other race , it seems bizarre to criticize our cuisine because it has it's German flavors. But then that's what we are , the melding of many cultures
into uniquely shaped things with it's heritage but twisted into American. This article cover this fact.
"Many of the foods that we eat today and consider American are actually German dishes or Americanized versions of German foods."
https://suite.io/diane-watkins/37z125q
I agree. Once again, I was simply trolling Stolz since he seems to think that the worst of American Cuisine Mickey D's and the Colonel, are typical American fare.

I have not been to Europe so I do not know if they have developed the simple sandwich to the point that we have. You can get some truly impressive sandwiches here. I have heard horror stories about sandwiches in England. One story that I have heard was that of a man that went to a British pub and asked what kind of sandwiches they had. The proprietor responded that they had roast beef and cheese sandwiches. That did not sound to promising but he was hungry so he said okay and asked for one. The proprietor then asked "Which one?"

Now Americans know why this is funny. Many Brits don't seem to get it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114197 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You honest? At times a little but most the time not. LMAO. You are a tool. You follow the crowd. You do and say what pleases the crowd and have no ti very little thought of your own. You say “he made idiotic statements about U.S. cuisine, that opens it up for me to make less idiotic statements about German cuisine.” So you did acted idiotic as well? Again proves you are an idiot for you let them drag you into their game and you in turn act the same. You are a crowd pleaser and do what they do and go with what the crowd says no matter what you think. That is a pity my little friend.
No, once again you are projecting. You are the tool and idiot here.

And yes, I have admitted that I was trolling him more than once. How thick are you? Oh wait. I know the answer to that one. It is "Extremely".

Once again, try to be honest and people might actually like you.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#114198 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, once again you are projecting. You are the tool and idiot here.
And yes, I have admitted that I was trolling him more than once. How thick are you? Oh wait. I know the answer to that one. It is "Extremely".
Once again, try to be honest and people might actually like you.
Next time you accuse someone of being a troll,,, remember you are the same at times. So again you are no better than they are as you think you are. Lead by example or follow the fools. You my little friend never lead, follow the crowd and also follow the fools quite often.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114199 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time you accuse someone of being a troll,,, remember you are the same at times. So again you are no better than they are as you think you are. Lead by example or follow the fools. You my little friend never lead, follow the crowd and also follow the fools quite often.
Wrong as usual. True trolls, like you, never admit when they are wrong.

And please, try to at least be an honest idiot.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#114200 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong as usual. True trolls, like you, never admit when they are wrong.
And please, try to at least be an honest idiot.
Like you I am never wrong. I believe you call it making a mistake. Yes I have made mistakes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114201 Jun 14, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you I am never wrong. I believe you call it making a mistake. Yes I have made mistakes.
More dishonesty from our favorite tard.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#114202 Jun 14, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
More dishonesty from our favorite tard.
You can never admit you are wrong. You call it a mistake but tell everyone else they are “wrong”. You always call someone a name,“idiot” is your favorite. I would guess you have been a nerd all your life, Been picked on all your life, Could not whip your way out of a wet paper bag, and hide behind the computer acting smarter than you really are to look good for the crowd. You follow the crowd and when confronted with a disagreement from someone here you follow and worship, you change your story and agree with them instead of sticking to what you previously said. You use name calling online for it makes you feel big while having to face no one, you think acting smart with your google education and the belittling of others makes you less of the nerd you are. I’ve got some bad news for ya, you are still the same little nerd you were in school. The only difference now is that you hide behind your computer instead of the teachers. That my little friend I believe sums you up quite well. Now go downstairs and tell mommy you want some milk and cookies because I upset you. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 1 min unreals_dad 812
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 2 min unreals_dad 6,945
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 4 min Crazy Jae 7,424
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Crazy Jae 16,188
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min 8541 MARINE 27,725
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min unreals_dad 24,592
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 19 min Crazy Jae 7,295
Woman appreciate a man that.........? (Mar '15) 51 min Joi C 253
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Camilla 223,438
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Sublime1 10,434