Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209802 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

#114059 Jun 13, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Germans would have do the same. As for that stealing you are wrong.
Like i said, let go. Move on. It is obvious that we are in the English or Anglo world. But hail Germany. Ok?
No.
If Germany had won WW1 she would be the world power today and the world would be peaceful today.
In contrast to Americans we don't invade innocent countries and we don't steal from innocent people.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#114060 Jun 13, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have looked beyond what we are taught in school. It seems that you
have a rather perverted view of history. You have also made claims that
you have not been able to back up even after evidence was requested
several times. This is creationist behavior. When it comes to your own
country you act like a creationist.
Creation or Evolution?
And yet you are a product of the former not the latter.

Level 2

Location hidden

#114061 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
If Germany had won WW1 she would be the world power today and the world would be peaceful today.
In contrast to Americans we don't invade innocent countries and we don't steal from innocent people.
But from History, we were made to understand that, the Germans captured neighbouring independent countries to be under their control, why?

Level 2

Location hidden

#114062 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
And again, during the scramble for Africa by European superpowers, it was not decided in Britain and France, but it was decided in Germany, why?
Berlin to be precise. So, what is your take on this.
THE LONE WORKER

Chesapeake, OH

#114063 Jun 13, 2014
The number 70 is paramount in understanding these mysteries.

Level 2

Location hidden

#114064 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't compare me with a stupid creationist.
You must be proud, Heck. Do you know that, reproduction or procreation, is an element or result of creation?
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

#114065 Jun 13, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But from History, we were made to understand that, the Germans captured neighbouring independent countries to be under their control, why?
Because these countries were not innocent. For example Poland humiliated the Germans in Danzig. So it is their fault that we invaded them.

btw I am going to go to America for one year this year.
THE LONE WORKER

Chesapeake, OH

#114066 Jun 13, 2014
The Bible claims that life is a circuit and we see the number 70 in many places when ancestry is mentioned. I do not claim to have any special knowledge of these mysteries, but everything else is systematic in nature and I would assume we could understand these things through new systems thinking as well.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#114067 Jun 13, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Creation or Evolution?
And yet you are a product of the former not the latter.
Nope, we're definitely a product of evolution.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#114068 Jun 13, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>OK, Then let us give 35 doublings back and get a number of people alive on earth today and assign each step an average70 years and then start subtracting doubling -35 to get back to Noah and his wife. Numbers work this way. If you start with two people coming from Noah and his wife and assign an average of two.offspring the years and numbers work the same. This is just a theory, but it works.
No, it is nowhere close to 'working'. It is flawed at the very start: and merging of inheritance lines will exponentially decrease the predicted number of ancestors. And we *know* that there will be merging of such lines going backwards.
THE LONE WORKER

Chesapeake, OH

#114069 Jun 13, 2014
With my last posts I was only giving a math theory, I know there were more people to start with than just Noah and his wife.

Level 2

Location hidden

#114070 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these countries were not innocent. For example Poland humiliated the Germans in Danzig. So it is their fault that we invaded them.
And you guys now went more further, in capturing an independent country under your control, is that a right thing to do?
THE LONE WORKER

Chesapeake, OH

#114071 Jun 13, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is nowhere close to 'working'. It is flawed at the very start: and merging of inheritance lines will exponentially decrease the predicted number of ancestors. And we *know* that there will be merging of such lines going backwards.
Well then,this is a good point. I just picked 35 doublings because it seems to make sense. 70 steps backwards or forwards with an average age of 70 works the same both ways to give us a number of years in the general timeline of the biblical flood.

Level 2

Location hidden

#114072 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, i wish you a happy stay in the US.

Level 2

Location hidden

#114073 Jun 13, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we're definitely a product of evolution.
False.
How?
Explain?

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#114074 Jun 13, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
The Bible claims that life is a circuit and we see the number 70 in many places when ancestry is mentioned. I do not claim to have any special knowledge of these mysteries, but everything else is systematic in nature and I would assume we could understand these things through new systems thinking as well.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is nowhere close to 'working'. It is flawed at the very start: and merging of inheritance lines will exponentially decrease the predicted number of ancestors. And we *know* that there will be merging of such lines going backwards.
I don’t know about the number 70 but 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything and is just as valid

However a new number has been decided upon by creation science 0.000046. Judiciously used as a multiplier in the right places it conveniently gives the age of the Andromeda galaxy as 6000 years thus proving that Bishop Ussher was right all along by saying that god created the universe 6000 years ago

http://www.satirewire.com/content1/...

“Using this same multiplier, Hill said creationists plan to further shake up the scientific community by announcing that dinosaurs died out 3,000 years ago, Jesus was born last month, and Pittsburgh was founded on Tuesday.”

Level 6

#114075 Jun 13, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic then Croatia should invade Brazil because they were humiliated in last night football match

It really is no good bringing up old arguments that were settled almost 70 years ago just because you have problems sleeping at night

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#114076 Jun 13, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been bugging me so I have to say.....
BTW poly, you act acted as if I didn't agree with you earlier this week.
The point I would argue, is the rationale why we even still have and teach the law of gravity is there is a specific place where G is in agreement with GR. But I also remember the argument with Humble where you laid out the contemporary figures for him , and I asked you specifically if gravity was a force or consequence of space/time geometry, you didn't answer me then.
But in all honesty we don't know, and as flawed as Newton was in being very incomplete, GR is still incomplete also. But if there turns out there are gravitons , then Newton was right to a small degree more than we think now. But as you see Newton as an approximation,
I see GR as being the closest approximation we have now, both are lacking in explanation of everything .

Level 6

#114078 Jun 13, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False.
How?
Explain?
Well the stork flew over you mummy’s house and you evolved by god magic....

Evolution has been explained to you repeatedly, no one else’s problem but your own that you ignore the explanations. Evolution is proven in several complimentary ways, there is no argument that it occurred and it is still occurring. What there is, is denial by those who refuse to accept facts because some bronze age goat herders wrote a book.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114079 Jun 13, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
By "vague", I am suggesting that you mean 'Is of a nature which I am not able to discern'.
Nevertheless, for people like myself who are concerned about the true potential of our faculties; it is a question worthy of contemplation.
<quoted text>
I am not saying that water is intelligent enough to form a snowflake etc, etc.
I am saying that those phenomena are the result of (an) "intelligent" influence, which I have come to identify with "Jehovah".
"Balancing natural effects" are attributed to the influence of "Jehovah".
Intelligence is "magical", so to that degree I can see with your expression "intelligent magic".
You lost me at the point of "bronze age codex".
<quoted text>
The human capacity to anthropomorphize allows us to call the inanimate as if it were animate; but do you have a 99.9% certainty that this is true.
<quoted text>
All commonsense looks at the fact that the working biological brain did not create itself: and a product always bears the impressions of the source and processes which formed it.
Therefore I am justified in suggesting that something intelligent created that which is intelligent.
<quoted text>
I agree.
I said that your question "why does intelligence work?" is too vague. What do you mean by "work?" What intelligence are you referring to - that of ignoring knowledge and information in favor of contriving a metaphysical superhuman? That is not discernment, it is delusion. Essentially you claim that Jehovah is real because 3 consistently follows 2, thus indicating a fixed, planned and intelligent order to "creation". It is a false argument.
There is no evidence that ice crystals or cockroach brains are created by premeditated influence of an even more unevidenced cosmic consciousness. What evidence do you have that a god (you call Jehovah) created anything, much less everything? Nothing else except the bronze age codex you call the Bible. Absolutely nothing else. By whatever name and anthropomorphism you choose to label its central figure, superstition/theology may indeed be common, but it is not common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min pickin 200,965
News Woman claims man in Donald Trump mask stabbed her 20 min wichita-rick 16
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 48 min wichita-rick 4,277
True False Game (Jun '11) 53 min The Salsa 12,737
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... (Aug '14) 1 hr andet1987 349
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 hr andet1987 10,532
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 1 hr andet1987 1,199
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Sharlene45 5,111
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr TheJerseyDevil 9,113
Philly grey poster hangout 3 hr Spotted Girl 58
News Clinton's name spelled wrong on Hofstra Univers... 3 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 67
More from around the web