Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222113 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

John n Chuck

Phoenix, AZ

#113621 Jun 8, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all? Bacardi 151 is as its name suggests 151 proof. Everclear is even stronger. It seems your god is rather weak tea in the world of spirits.
;) WaMu don't making fun of dat spirit;-000h, let go get a Long iLand iTea? do U like AZ Tea?;-00
John n Chuck

Phoenix, AZ

#113622 Jun 8, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
only your-self&yo-cells!!!!!!!! !! no one elseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!;-00h, let yo braincells rest!!!!!!!! ;-000h, bibye kiddo
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113623 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you what
You go on believing whatever Darwin tells you and I will believe what I believe.
When we die we will see who is right.
Zeus is SO gonna shove a lightning bolt up your azz but good! Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113624 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no intermediate fossil records supporting evolution
Evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Evolution can not be observed in a laboratory with single cell organisms which reproduce rapidly.
There are many more issues which 'scientists' can't explain.
Well, except for the fact that you're a massive liar that is.(shrug)

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113625 Jun 9, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs rum? The Holy Spirit of Truth is 100% proof!!!!
Wow, they really got that burned into your brain. So go forth and sell your religion.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113626 Jun 9, 2014
John n Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
only your-self&yo-cells!!!!!!!! !! no one elseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!;-00h, let yo braincells rest!!!!!!!! ;-000h, bibye kiddo
This ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of what is known as a Brain Fart.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113627 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Thank you for your troll stalking, it is bit creepy but pretty funny to observe your obsession.
Did you know that atheism often leads to paranoia, anti-social tendancies, anger and mental instability?
Not sure what atheism has to do with anything here, but let's just examine your claims here for a moment, shall we?

Paranoia - you think that there's a vast worldwide atheist Darwinist evolutionist scientist conspiracy involving literally hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide falsifying data across lots of different countries. This conspiracy involves every major scientific institution, Governments, and public schools. Although this might normally sound far fetched, it's possible that Satan might be behind it

Anti-social tendencies - aside from the fact we're all a bunch of geeks posting on the internet, since that applies to all of us we'll let that one slide. However since forums are meant for discussion, you don't. Your posts do not address ours. We present evidence and in turn, forum decorum dictates that you counter our evidence with your own, and argue your case in a rational coherent manner, if necessary point for point. You can't. Yet you still keep posting. You can't admit defeat but don't have the capability to discuss the subject. Therefore your posts consist of ad-homs, a constant barrage of lies, and repetitions of points that we have already debunked countless times over. It doesn't matter what we post because what we post doesn't matter to you.

Anger - To post in a forum you don't have the faculties to take part in while throwing out lots of lies and ignoring what everyone says seems rather pointless, unless you feel the need to vent to get things off your chest. It's not like you're interested in attempting to find any common ground. This shows you have great anger towards this big evil conspiracy which we are all apparently co-conspirators. I'm sure the fact that we constantly show your posts to be inadequate doesn't help either, therefore you tend to threaten our souls with eternal damnation for simply having a different opinion about your baseless religious beliefs.

Mental instability - You think reality isn't real and that science doesn't work (despite typing on a computer) because invisible Jews are magic and the Flinstones is a science documentary.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113628 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't really matter to me that you follow a cult pseudo science movement.
This is a free country.
But I will not let you get away with telling lies that Evolution is absolute fact
Go take us to court then. You'll lose.

Again.

And again.

And again.

And again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113629 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity is a LAW proven by science
Evolution is a THEORY unsubstantiated and unproven.
There is a big difference
EvolutionIsStupid wrote:
<quoted text>It's either the way you use gravity here, or the way you use evolution that is very misleading.
Gravity requires no interpretation, or very little. We can see that things are pulled to the earth. Evolution on the other hand does not have that observational benefit. Not where it matters. Even common descent, which is far more supported than its other aspects, does not equate to gravity in its potency of evidence. If you want to compare it to anything, the shape of the earth would be a much better example as far as putting it in the right category of proof, but it would still be lacking in comparison due to the amount of interpretation required for it.
Then why was the uh, LAW of gravity replaced with the MORE accurate THEORY of Relativity? If evolution requires "interpretation" then how come evolution is the ONLY "interpretation" that passes the scientific method? And does so constantly and repeatedly?

Sorry boys, but biological reality doesn't stop being reality just because you two are stupid.(shrug)

So the only real question that remains is... why do you hate kittens?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113630 Jun 9, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
The claim of the sects is not Jehovah's claim.
You ARE part of a sect. Just yet another not very special human being claiming to know more about God than everyone else does. As you're a human being you've got no way around this.(shrug)
The Hand of God wrote:
Let me phrase it otherwise:

I'd like to present the conformity of all things to the power of equality as evidence for the specific "God" Jehovah: as equality is taken to be communicated by the influence of "Jehovah".
So like I said - why did you stop talking before presenting any evidence? I KNOW your premise. What you need to do now is back it up in a coherent, rational and (and I cannot stress this enough) OBJECTIVE manner.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113631 Jun 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity is a LAW proven by science
Evolution is a THEORY unsubstantiated and unproven.
There is a big difference
Utter nonsense. The Law of Gravitation is not whatever ignorant generality you imagine. It states that the attractive force between two masses is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. The assertion that the ToE is unsubstantiated is nothing but typically dishonest creatard pablum.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113632 Jun 9, 2014
I like the rating of my post (#113606) on the whale: a "Mean", a "Disagree" and a "Racy".

According to the assessor, he doesn't "agree" with the observed evidence, he considers the anatomy of cetaceans to be "racy" and the facts to be "mean".

A better demonstration of creationist's idiocy is hardly imaginable, gratuitously brought to us by one of its spokesmen for free.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113633 Jun 9, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly are you trying to say?
What exactly does all that "evidence" prove?
Perfectly transitional and intermediary species between land dwelling undulate sand marine cetaceans.

Can't you read?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#113634 Jun 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then why was the uh, LAW of gravity replaced with the MORE accurate THEORY of Relativity? If evolution requires "interpretation" then how come evolution is the ONLY "interpretation" that passes the scientific method? And does so constantly and repeatedly?
Sorry boys, but biological reality doesn't stop being reality just because you two are stupid.(shrug)
Actually Newtons laws still apply , the math (theory) was changed to more accurately follow why.
There were several discrepancies that arise when using Newtons formulas that are better explained using Einsteins. That's why Newtons laws still apply and laws only describe what we see. While theory explains what we see.

The Universal Law of Gravitation say's

Any two bodies in the universe attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

This above is still true while the explanation below

F = Gm1m2 /r ^2

Was replaced by Einstein.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#113635 Jun 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Newton's Law of Gravitation is not replaced by any of the theories of gravity, it remains a factor within or without them. The words "law" and "theory" are only bugaboos to those feeble minded goofballs who think a set of bronze age scrolls and myths are scientifically accurate and will grasp at any straw to keep up that pretense.
I find it rather odd that the religies who cherry pick the >fulfilled< Mosaic laws for any issue of the day, mangle Pasteur's law of biogenesis, can evince no conceptual or mathematical abilities when faced with the SLoT and have no idea whatsoever about law and the first and fourteenth amendments are so eager to bring up the word.
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#113637 Jun 9, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all? Bacardi 151 is as its name suggests 151 proof. Everclear is even stronger. It seems your god is rather weak tea in the world of spirits.
Thats ok. I dont like to increase elements without necessity anyway. So after 99.9% ists just more of the same (for me anyway).
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#113638 Jun 9, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they really got that burned into your brain. So go forth and sell your religion.
Dime a dozen. Want one?
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#113639 Jun 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE part of a sect. Just yet another not very special human being claiming to know more about God than everyone else does. As you're a human being you've got no way around this.(shrug)
Even if I were making such a claim, I would be justified.

The fact that some individuals have been trying to understand "God" more accurately than others, suggests that they will have a bit more insight than others.

Oh, and that sect jive: you are entitled to your own opinion and descriptions. You can call a spade a cigar if you choose to.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So like I said - why did you stop talking before presenting any evidence? I KNOW your premise. What you need to do now is back it up in a coherent, rational and (and I cannot stress this enough) OBJECTIVE manner.
I have mentioned equality and you are claiming that my suggestion is incoherent and irrational? LOL

Do you even understand my "hypothesis"?

Identify and describe the irrationality, bias and incoherence in my suggestion.
The Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#113640 Jun 9, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly...
Smells like thats all in someones mind.
TurkanaBoy wrote:
... transitional and intermediary species between land dwelling undulate sand marine cetaceans.
Can't you read?
If evolution could do it; "God" could do it through evolution.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#113641 Jun 9, 2014
The Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Smells like thats all in someones mind.
<quoted text>
If evolution could do it; "God" could do it through evolution.
Which is IDENTICAL to saying that if a chicken or a turtle could naturally lay eggs, so could the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus do so supernaturally.

...and some people propose that "God" (aka "YHWH/Jehovah/the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty,...") blew kangaroos from Mt Ararat to Australia via volcano. Woefully short on credibility, fantastically long on allegation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 24,984
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 4 min Parden Pard 47,359
True False Game (Jun '11) 6 min andet1987 15,228
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min andet1987 33,448
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 13 min andet1987 669
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Jennifer Renee 24,295
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 17 min andet1987 2,940
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Mustang GT Girl 221,936
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 33 min whatimeisit 9,304
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 41 min Guess who 5,401
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Bar Fly_ok 2,963
More from around the web