Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
107,301 - 107,320 of 112,980 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
175 c?
A European cookbook? I don't even know what that is, 350?
I have to try that maybe when I come across some Walnuts...Should have brought some nutties back with me graffiti;ing the wall....hahahahha
I'd call it the Berliner Loaf of Nuts straight from the Wall...BACK OFF, it's still warm...
Ahh, you still work in old money, 175C is about 350F

Funny, when I was a kid there was a lot of Fahrenheit but now in the UK we always work in Celsius except during high summer if the temperature gets above 27C then the weather programs seem to revert to Fahrenheit. 80 sounds better than 27 I suppose.

I always bring a couple of kilos (4.4 pounds) of walnuts back with me from France, they seem to taste better than the supermarket packets but what the heck, please try it, I think itís a wonderful cake.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
JC! I'm just sitting on a diet!
Ahh, itís very healthy, full of fruit and nuts, perfect for a diet if eaten in small quantities.

Problem is that itís kind of difficult to eat small quantities.

Good to meet you TurkanaBoy

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Tinka wrote:
Oh I lied I said I was exiting and well I was not sitting in front of the computer and so sat down and page still up and all it takes is one click and but then oh my god then the ad will start up again...
And yeah what ever they say tune in no matter what and who has never answered the TV in their head...Guess what I am thinking???
Try ďadblockĒ, https://adblockplus.org

It gets rid of those pesky ads and reduces your bandwidth usage by huge amounts

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
AdBlock Plus works fine for me.
I do not begrudge most sites the right to run ads, but when the ads get obtrusive I have a tool that I can use on those sites.
Oh yeahhh

Is that great minds thinking alike or fools seldom differing

Iíve been using it for a while now.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the project where they gave rocks to radiometric labs from recent lava flows, that accurately dated these 8 million year old inclusions embedded in the lava flows?
But they neglected to tell the labs that the rocks they gave were in fact inclusions and they knew it but did not divulge that? And then accused the labs of getting the dating wrong? And blathered it all over the Creatard-sphere, knowing that not one in 100 Creatards would look critically at what they actually did, but come away confident that they had "proven" radiometric dating does not work?
Yep, that one!
Its either that or he will confidently point out that carbon dating can give inaccurate results, blissfully unaware that carbon dating is not used on evolutionary timescales.
Precisely!

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Judged:

Not uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
To start off with, you gave no evidence that those are myths.
Next, I am a young-earth creationist,(I wont go in to the massive reasons why) but I believe that the schools should teach evolution AND creation evenly and unbiased to either. Then the student can choose for themselves. Instead of stuffing it down their throat that evolution is true, we teach them both and let them decide.
I would also like to point out that you refer to science as opposed to creationism. Creationism is science. We may differ in views, but evolution is a scientific theory; creationism is scientific theory. Neither can be fully proven. Ever. They thought spontaneous generation was proven and obviously it wasnt. Evolutionists have made some great discoveries. But may I remind or inform you that so have creationists. Just as many. In fact, many of the great scientist have been creationists.
Next, you call it mythology, but mythology doesn't hold water and doesn't last. Creationism has been around for over a thousand years. That's not mythology. I agree thats not great proof, but just one beginning statement.
To follow up what I just said, the scientific method has never been proven wrong: Observations, Hypothesis, Lots of Experiments, Theory, Generations of Data, Law. Right? Well, a theory as big as the Theory if Evolution should have been tested for hundreds of years,consistently. Even it has(which is debatable), it needs more evidence to be considered a Law, a whole lot more. Creationism, like I said cant be proven, but there has been a lot more scientists and a lot more time.
Lastly, don't quote rock dating at me. It has been proven inaccurate over and over. I don't have time to go into it; but go to the Institute for Creation Research's website or Answers in Genesis's website and find it there.
I won't go into proving your statements wrong, it would take too much time and you probably wouldn't listen anyway. I just want to open your eyes and show that we aren't all Bible thumping idiots. It is despicable how few Christians know the Genesis story and the evidence behind it. But still, some of us are well-educated, and so I ask that you use real evidence. Sorry if anywhere I was unclear. Thanks for reading.
Oh no! you have awakened the defenders of the primordial sludge, the praetorian guard of the evo religion, watch how they now spew forth from their diseased pustules to rain insults and accusations upon you. Like ants attacking an invader they swarm with a maniacal frenzy hoping to squash even any questions about their faith.They are religious zealots whose anti God rhetoric is amazing, and whose faith in a life giving primordial goo is even more astounding. Good luck
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! you have awakened the defenders of the primordial sludge, the praetorian guard of the evo religion, watch how they now spew forth from their diseased pustules to rain insults and accusations upon you. Like ants attacking an invader they swarm with a maniacal frenzy hoping to squash even any questions about their faith.They are religious zealots whose anti God rhetoric is amazing, and whose faith in a life giving primordial goo is even more astounding. Good luck
Oh hi Bozo. I see you still haven't been able to address any of our posts yet. Remember:

The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. Also the theory of evolution makes no theological claims whatsoever, hence many Christians also accept evolution.

So you know your own rhetoric is extremely ironic, right?

Feel free to formulate a rebuttal at any time. Any time you like.

(sound of crickets chirping)
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion was started by a little Darwin man on an island looking at birds. He is right up there with L Ron Hubbard, PT Barnum, Jim Jones and Brigham Young.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion was started by a little Darwin man on an island looking at birds. He is right up there with L Ron Hubbard, PT Barnum, Jim Jones and Brigham Young.
And yet you poor fools are totally incapable of finding any flaws in his theory.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. A steadfast creationist mocking the BS of Hubbard and Jones.

Pot, the Kettle's calling....

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Theories of evolution existed before Darwin. I would figure that Jim Jones would be right up your alley. What with all the koolaid you must own.

What the heck is wrong with PT Barnum? Were you one of those born every minute? I bet you were. You can tell us.

I have to know. Do you practice to be this stupid or does it just come natural?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, itís very healthy, full of fruit and nuts, perfect for a diet if eaten in small quantities.
Hey Christine. How are you? The cake sounds awesome. I doubt I can eat something like that in small quantities. I love the cake.

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Christine. How are you? The cake sounds awesome. I doubt I can eat something like that in small quantities. I love the cake.
Hi Dan .. Hey Christine .. ahhh, anyone heard from Double Fine in less than a hundred years?
Hope he's well. CAKE .. I like cake, especially when I get to eat it and I require no icing. I work in a little place that offers us lunch and dessert everyday .. I've got to stop eating that dessert. Haha

So,... you'll recall my last questions on this here subject and now I have what I consider shocking news that I'm rather freaked out about, quite frankly. I think I've decided to stop being a Christian.

This is a silly question, but will that make me an atheist? What if I pick another god to worship?
I joke, but it seriously has got me upset and I just don't know how I'll explain it to all these folks I've been visiting in all these dang churches in this here Bible Belt.

Ouch,.. speaking of which .. I'm in the Weird forum and my fans here just love to drop a good number of them colorful icons .. sorry in advance for the mess. Haha
Peace :)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"God Almighty" as described in the OT? You've got to be kidding.
Where is your evidence for your simplistically conceived and shoddily presented conclusions? Oh, the Bible. So the real answer is NONE. Go home.
Yes the bible. It is a book of knowledge. Try and understand that. The evidence of a God is very very strong. The universe never came by accident, it was made.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleased to meet you too.
I think the quantities is my problem indeed.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat ĖďAnd of course E=MC^2 is counter to the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6, and all it takes is one evidence compared to your zero.Ē
That my dear is evidence Ė so ever
Why should anyone have to make it? Oh I know why, because some goat herder in the bronze age said so Ė right?
Using a man made equation to determine the universe that is not made by man, only make you look like a troll. MAN is just like a visitor, we only guess or project. But the questions are still left unanswered.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe can.
Prove me wrong.
How?
Where you there when that universe was formed?
Guessing about the universe using some stupid equation or formular, that is made by man, will never hold anything. We are only living on a rented life that we don' t even when it is going to end.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple question: And Zeus Almighty is the creator. Where is your evidence countering this statement? None.
In scientific and even everyday debate we have a very simple rule: if you have a claim, YOU prove. A lack of proof for a claim needs no further proof. If you fail to prove for a god, your opponent can lean back and only observe this lack.
Learn to reason decently FIRST please.
Decency?
Tell your self that.
Zeus was an ancient beliefs of the Greeks, but not like that any more. Greece now hold on to God the creator. Stop it, you are barking!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence to counter the creation of the FSM.
You like to make assertions you can't support.
A question, can a dead man says there is no God?
AND another question, I hope you know where we are all heading to ?
No one can fight God. We are mortals.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
God deny's the existence of a creator. As she must.
God is the Creator.
God can never deny his qualities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

120 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Denny CranesPlace 35,019
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Amber Dextros 53,983
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 14 min Elizabeth Hurley 28,755
SOON! the dollar will be "WORTHLESS" 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 16
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 16 min Blasts Tablet Beatle 28,800
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 17 min Cal Odjick 35
honeymylove (Sep '13) 19 min Princess Hey 34
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min curiouslu 141,541
Which funny person do you miss and why. (Jan '14) 35 min Denny CranesPlace 79
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr reebie 15,144
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 6 hr wichita-rick 1,529
•••
•••