Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#113444 Jun 3, 2014
The outer limits surely to that they exist...limitations to what one thinks he could and may so become but...

Do you think God would have had to had has an oversight?

I do believe as well there exists a spiritual real law to power to Earth's existing and how fortunate we all have been or are or will be to be part of it...

Eager for Heaven? I think the ceiling of white will be maybe too small to be placed with paint or new invention by everyone...

So in to choose? So then an upper hand?
Interesting...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113445 Jun 3, 2014
Award the guild award or the guilt of man to then also in need however to be forgiven and to ask in many of cases a demand. The cycle then continues...

Forgive one self first if so in need and if not felt then to conscience the other party must decide to step away or stay awhile to stick it through out and to evaluate why man does crazy things...

Much harm could be placed like a hidden war fought and still on fighting?

How could a male feel jealous toward a female? What's the draw pull down or push and then to 10 fold give it back?

And truly between the m and f and physical interactions the whole media scene is run with in of it?

So why is it so special???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113446 Jun 3, 2014
How real do you want your real to be and the real of the rest in society...do you step into it or place yourself aside?

Where the people meet is outside and inside is Private...

And that is the thing to my life my experiences I don't have to please that which is not pleased with who I am ...

I understand my battle and my trials and how alone *it*_ is_ not doable just in ID's alone which are required for a regular 8 bucks hourly paying job...
Homeless stranded special but a yay just poor in surviving a Survivor? What are they trying to instill? You are dying is what....
A trained a mindset a placed from when on?

Probably part time as work a force in the US and to be left out or not ready to settle for just a place to sleep??? In shelters there is too much in control stay in line and your number not a minute early to be at the property etc.. to then find another another another to settle and work on getting cozy? Back to live back to reality or get with accepting miracles are and by far since far and how far Live living a LIFE can go on???? As it is Future and today we are in the present hard telling not knowing...

While struggling onward to keep track to remain in the right direction because this time not ceasing away out of sight from the outer world as I have had the most of pleasure an amazing to be part in and to two worlds and choosing and how some may not choose one over the other and I will be part in/of Planet Earth...

If I get through to what I have been feeling like I said feverish periods tired low energy but some things can be just that draining and chemicals just do not serve some...

I AM IN CHARGE OF MY BODY!!!!!!!!!!

As much as someone may think they have a right or claim then who do they belong to? As the lists must be shortened...

There is creation and creators from a long ago, if they could do it then then to today? Things of amazing surely and money will not play the factor in it to true law and the true in what placed us in the first place at a very beginning...

To think Religion must not have been in existence then...Life itself to breathing and mechanism to function in human form...

Alright laters...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113447 Jun 3, 2014
The dead in Christ to rapture the first to rise and funny too there must a number two k because I am 100 percent I have read more on the rapture

It says the bible does not speak of it????
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113448 Jun 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, because yours are impossible. Some thing can not just evolve without first passing through the creation process. OK?
Life is here. Therefore life evolves. Facts. Doesn't matter if you think God made life or not. Wanna say that it does? Fine. Then evolution still happened either way no matter what.

You have no way out of this.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113449 Jun 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is a spirit.
Vodka is a spirit.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113450 Jun 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Vodka is a spirit.
And has PROOF!

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#113451 Jun 3, 2014
Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't someone said that the fossils predict what we should see in evolution? Or something like that.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#113453 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet your faith causes you to "believe" a man evolved from a chimp because a man called Darwin told you so?
Not faith. Not a belief. A conclusion based on evidence. And, yes, Darwin suggested it but it was further evidence that confirmed it.
SevenTee wrote:
You really do need a reality check
And you need an education.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113454 Jun 3, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't someone said that the fossils predict what we should see in evolution? Or something like that.
Yes.

For example, it can give us a good indication of whether or not we should find fossils with feathers and three middle-ear bones.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113455 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet your faith causes you to "believe" a man evolved from a chimp because a man called Darwin told you so?
Actually it's not us who need a reality check. You are the one who claims biological reality isn't real because Jews are magic. Because of your position, evidence is quite literally meaningless to you.

Also our position does not require beliefs. Evidence makes belief superfluous.

Also Darwin never claimed man evolved from chimps.

Also, the evidence doesn't point to humans evolving from chimps. This would not be possible under evolution as chimps are our contemporaries.

It seems you're very good at getting lots of things wrong even in just a few short sentences. If fundies had shame, you should be embarrassed.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#113456 Jun 3, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Sort of. It predicts what should be found intermediate to what we have already found. Tiktaalik was "predicted" before it was actually discovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiktaalik
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113458 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Believe me
Why? You're an uneducated idiot who gets everything wrong.
SevenTee wrote:
Evolution is a faith like belief system in every way. There is just enough truth in the "theory" to sound believable.
This alone demonstrates otherwise:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

You are still incapable of refuting it. And we haven't even mentioned ERV's yet.
SevenTee wrote:
I have no idea if you are past the point of no return or not. But there is always hope.
You have no idea of anything. Period. You are quite literally clueless. So your claims of knowledge are laughable, and your threats of eternal damnation are baseless.

So uh, at what point are you gonna debunk evolution? You said you were gonna do that at some point. You waiting for the afterlife first? Just like every other fundie?

You figured out yet why you are no different from the fundie nutcases out in the Middle East?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#113459 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me Evolution is a faith like belief system in every way. There is just enough truth in the "theory" to sound believable.
I always have to laugh when one of you characters characterize science as faith as if you're knocking it down. I though you clowns though faith was a good thing. Guess not.
SevenTee wrote:
I have no idea if you are past the point of no return or not.
Nor do I. Where is that point?
SevenTee wrote:
But there is always hope.
For?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#113460 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me Evolution is a faith like belief system in every way.
By the way, given your ignorance of the subject, you're in no position to make that determination.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#113461 Jun 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
Also Darwin never claimed man evolved from chimps.
Point taken. I should have corrected 70. Even though it could become a career.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113462 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon, Darwin didn't say that.
He said that chimps and humans share a common ancestor.
And that is not some tiny detail, it is concerning the very essence of evolution theory, which you are not able to represent correctly to any degree.

Hence: 1st fallacy (straw man).

Second, I know that humans and chimps share a common ancestor NOT "because a man called Darwin told" me so but because of the empirical evidence for it, gathered in the last 150 years by numerous paleontologists, biologists, embryologists, geologists, geneticists and biochemists. Darwin just ONE out of MANY and only providing a very tiny bit of the empirical evidence.

Hence: 2nd fallacy (straw man again).

Third, science is not faith. It is based on empirical evidence: experiments and field observations, answering strict and rigorous methodological requirements.

Fourth, you are just spouting assertions on the state of affairs of evolution theory. YET you haven't read ONE scientific book on it and basically don't know a bit of it, as demonstrated above and in numerous of your post before.

Note that in all those posts we were not even debating evolution but only correcting you on your distortions and misinterpretations. It is impossible to discuss evolution with you because you have no clue if it. We are only debating your devises instead of evolution theory itself.

You even have not STARTED debating evolution.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113463 Jun 3, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Yes.

Example.
Whales are supposed to descended from a land animal.
there are many clues for it in its anatomy and organic functions.
So how should the prediction about an intermediary fossil look like?
1. it needs to be a fossil that shares both traits of a land animal and of the marine animal the whale is;
2. the fossil should show those "in between" traits on all relevant anatomic features (atavistic hind limbs, front limbs that resemble those of land animals more, the nostril not fully in front like land animals have but in the same time not completely on top of the head like oin modern cetaceans, etc.).
3. the fossil should be chronologically in the right era, for instance it should be older than the first fossils of fully cetaceans found.

This prediction has been fulfilled by the discovery of Dorudon.
Dorudon was already in overall boy shape resembling modern whales to great extent: the "fish" like waterdynamic shape, flippers etc. amd it was fully aquatic. It also had all the intermediary traits: its nostril was halfway the top of the head and the nose, the front limbs were still much like land animal's ones etc.

But the most telling were its hind limbs. It had anatomically complete hind limbs, with all bones and bone structure exactly matching those of land animals. It also had its hind limbs attached to a pelvis. There was however one very striking point: the pelvis was completely DETACHED from its spinal cord.

Surely it couldn't walk with these. Besides, the pelvis and hind limbs were very small for such a relatively large animal (several meters long and approximate weight of 400-500 kg): they were as small as a modern house-cat's ones.

Now what is a marine animal doing with such useless hind limbs and pelvis?
Well ... nothing, it just was a vestigial organ, a remnant inherited form its ancestor species.

A BETTER intermediary fossil is hardly imaginable. Dorudon is already on its own decisive evidence of the land ancestry of cetaceans.
However, we found 6 intermediary species more, perfectly showing further loss in hind limb, gradual re-arrangement of the nostril, etc. and all those in the correct chronological sequence of appearance in the fossil record.

If we shift away from the fossil evidence to other fields, the already decisive evidence becomes compelling:

Many cetaceans are born with vestigial pelvises and hind limbs, sometimes with remnants of the 5 digits complete. ALL cetaceans develop hind limbs in the first weeks of their embryonic development, these eventually being dissolved in a later fetal stage. The same applies to fur. Cetacean embryos also develop fur, in a later embryonic gestation to be shed.

ALL cetaceans possess the almost complete genetic make-up for developing hind limbs. Just some so called Hox-genes (regulatory genes) are “shut off”. How this works and has been observed, can be read here: pnas.org/content/103/22/84144.full . But imagine what happens if by a next mutation, one of these disabled Hox genes are switched back on? The prediction would be like this:
- there would be a specimen of a cetacean growing hind limbs again
- these hind limbs should not be developing fully and complete (because the chance of ALL existing mutations being corrected in ONE instance would be extremely unlikely)
- the specimen with those atavistic hind limbs should be pretty rare (because you need a mutation out of billions of base pairs in the DNA strains to happen).

And INDEED these predictions have been fulfilled: once on a while we find cetaceans with atavistic hind limbs. And these events are very rare. But YET they exhibit unmistakably hind limb development.

The land ancestry of cetaceans are not subject to ANY discussion any more.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113465 Jun 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Anti-Christ haters use evolution to try and debunk Creation then it is a cult religion.
BTW - I have given many examples of problems with evolution and you have failed to show anything but childish emotional responses which leads me to believe that you are a fake
I think I can say for the vast majority of those of us who accept evolution, is that we're NOT "Anti-Christ haters" (double-negative, btw. Would that make us Christ-lovers?).

In fact several of us are Christian -- not me, though I am open to the concept of a Supreme Deity.

We just recognize that Genesis is NOT a science book.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113470 Jun 3, 2014
Human ancestor was less-chimp-like than thought: study

The last common ancestor of Man and Ape was not a knuckle-walking, tree-swinging hominid resembling today's chimpanzee, said a study Tuesday challenging some long-held theories of human evolution.

Rather than a prototype chimp as commonly believed, our common forefather was an ape unlike any that exists today.

From it, humans and modern-day apes evolved into two completely different directions, according to research published in the journal Nature Communications.

<more at http://phys.org/news/2013-12-human-ancestor-l... >

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min wichita-rick 224,576
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 8 min andet1987 4,776
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 37 min WhatDoesTheFoxSay 29,158
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 55 min andet1987 1,108
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 59 min andet1987 7,074
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 1 hr andet1987 2,552
Caught on video 3 1 hr Suezanne 182
News Thong jeans are just the latest weird fashion t... 7 hr andet1987 12
More from around the web