Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221214 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Hockessin, DE

#113387 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It is only the ignorant that would doubt this. GOD BLESS!
Thank you Mr Idemi, God Bless you and yours as well. Intelligent design is evident everywhere around us in nature if we really open our eyes to see it.
Mugwump

UK

#113388 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Compare the number of believers of Thor with that of God, and see for your self. A Big difference. Thor worship today is outdating.
First, my post was to highlight the false dicotemy (forgive spelling- typing on phone) of

'If not man-made - has to be god'(which god is irrelevant - the logic fails)

Second, so your whole argument is based on belief rather than evidence ?
Again , evolution / old earth / BB wins - as the VAST majority of those that accept them , do so based on evidence NOT belief

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Derry, PA

#113389 Jun 2, 2014
Jumping from fallacy to fallacy. Now his rejection of his own logic turned against him is argumentum ad populum
FREE SERVANT

Hockessin, DE

#113390 Jun 2, 2014
The God of the Bible shows patterns as to how things are to be made, and the Bible tells us that things go according to his circuit. The miracle of creation came about by the order of an intelligent Creator and it just could not have came about by itself through natural processes alone.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113391 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Was the universe made by man/ men?
That's not an answer.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113392 Jun 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible shows patterns as to how things are to be made, and the Bible tells us that things go according to his circuit. The miracle of creation came about by the order of an intelligent Creator and it just could not have came about by itself through natural processes alone.
Still don't care.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#113393 Jun 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an answer.
That's not even a question.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113395 Jun 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's not even a question.
OK.

Can he show me his evidence FOR the existence of God? I am waiting.

Is that better?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113396 Jun 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The universe and our earth is a system which is an arrangement that is patterned through cycles. Everything functions in an orderly way according to the pattern. Life on earth has the ability to accomplish things following plans that show how to proceed. A patterned program is a way of doing things and each system has a set of rules that work toward a common goal. This is an intelligent set up and SCPID theory explains some of this.
Wow, deja vu.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#113397 Jun 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Can he show me his evidence FOR the existence of God? I am waiting.
Is that better?
lol

No I meant his question, not yours.
Did man create the universe?
That's not really a question is it?
It's sort of a dumb assed answer and solves nothing.
Charles keeps asking if not god who? But why does it have to be a who?
The question is what, not who!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#113398 Jun 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> lol
Who say who and what are not the same thing? Some force started the Universe. Some think of that force as God. Some want to give that force a personality

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#113399 Jun 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Who say who and what are not the same thing? Some force started the Universe. Some think of that force as God. Some want to give that force a personality
Primitive concepts by primitive thinkers.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113400 Jun 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> lol
Agreed!

This is Chuckles logic, after all.
Old Guy

Napa, CA

#113401 Jun 2, 2014
For Polymath 257

Thank you for your help. I will be very satisfied with what you call the ‘popular science’ criterion for accuracy.

If my understanding of “nothing” is correct, the word nothing is not used in the absolute sense as in the “non-existence” of all things. There are (or were) at least the laws of physics and energy present. The laws of physics determine the behavior of a high energy state in such a way that particles form to stabilize an otherwise unstable environment. When scientists speak of the universe creating itself from nothing then, they refer to the process of particle formation stabilizing and unstable energy state.

You have introduced a new term….“spatially infinite”. Can you please explain this concept?

Thanks again for your help.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#113402 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer to your garbage. You are ignorant. AS long as the universe was never made by man, it was made by God. Simple. So, tell me who then made it?
Evidence, that’s all I ask, nope not faith in bronze age guesswork but real evidence that proves your claim.

So who made it?– What makes you guess than anyone must make it? Oh I know, is it because you cannot envisage any other alternative but a bronze age myth?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113403 Jun 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Who say who and what are not the same thing? Some force started the Universe. Some think of that force as God. Some want to give that force a personality
Personifying the universe?
Man creates gods in His Own Image. Nah, that couldn't happen...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#113404 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Albert E. And many others before and after him, have all long died, but the big question are still left un answered, discuss?
Using a stupid man made equation to disprove an earth that is not created by man is foolishness in the highest order. Who then made the earth?
And many hundreds of thousand priests etc have died and many billions of believers in your christ and even more in your god have died but still the big answer they seek remains, the evidence that would prove each and every one of them right is nothing more than a bronze age guess.

Stupid? Stupid?? That my dear shows just how little you know about that equation. It has (as yet) never been proven wrong in the atomic domain. It explains the relationship between fire and heat, it explains how much food you need to eat to function, it explains how the earth was made, it explains how the universe coalesced from gas to the billions and billions and billions and billions of galaxies, suns, solar systems, planets, moons, asteroids, right down to dust of atomic size. It even explains how the gold was made in your fillings and how much power your computing device consumes when you call it stupid. And the very fact that all these things exist as matter tells us that the god as described in KJV 19:6 cannot exist in this universe.

But it is very telling that you call what is probably the most important equation ever devised as stupid

An what makes you guess that anyone made the earth? Its formation is known from the initial gasses of this solar system, the ignition of the sun, the coalescence of the planets, all known. And guess what, no god dun it wiv magic.
The Dude

UK

#113405 Jun 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Professional Engineer
Gee, didn't see that one coming!!!

:-D
The Dude

UK

#113406 Jun 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No I turn to an ignorant TOPIX blogger like you for truth about the Religion of Evolution
What are your credentials exactly?
He's a biologist, you mook.

Me, I only passed my highly school science class. Which makes me infinitely more qualified than any fundie
The Dude

UK

#113407 Jun 2, 2014
[QUOTE="SevenTee"] <quoted text>
Believe whatever you wish Sherlock.
I produce a huge list of highly credentialed scientists who are skeptics and you try to spin it.
Again, what are your credentials?[/QUOTE]

No spin. Your list simply doesn't matter.

If it did then it would be US complaining about how mean all you creo's were for not teaching both sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z songs by title or group! 26 min T Bone 1,561
Word Association (Mar '10) 50 min SweLL GirL 22,092
Word Association (Jun '10) 52 min SweLL GirL 32,256
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 53 min SweLL GirL 7,552
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sweet the Revenge 215,281
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr SweLL GirL 16,545
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 36,507
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr ROSE 74,276
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Lifelover 3,735
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 7 hr Lifelover 34
More from around the web