Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222016 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#113377 Jun 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have, repeatedly, just because you choose to ignore that answer is not my problem but a fault in your own character
And in any case, YOU made the statement, therefore it is up to you to validate that statement
And you repeat it, again without validation, please prove that the universe was created by you god,
A simple answer to your garbage. You are ignorant. AS long as the universe was never made by man, it was made by God. Simple. So, tell me who then made it?

Level 2

Location hidden

#113378 Jun 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait no longer
E=MC^2
But of course, in exactly the same way as you have done repeatedly in the past you will completely ignore that or offer BS and hearsay and irrelevance in your defence.
But hey, it was not me making the claim, it was you and as yet you still have not provided any evidence to justify that claim
In your own words, you loose
Albert E. And many others before and after him, have all long died, but the big question are still left un answered, discuss?
Using a stupid man made equation to disprove an earth that is not created by man is foolishness in the highest order. Who then made the earth?

Level 2

Location hidden

#113379 Jun 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe whatever you wish Sherlock.
I produce a huge list of highly credentialed scientists who are skeptics and you try to spin it.
Again, what are your credentials?
Excellent!

Level 2

Location hidden

#113380 Jun 2, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we all know your stunning relationship to reality: "0,0014% is a HUGE number".
I am a sociobiologist, teaching at the university.
And YOU are?
And yet they are scientist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113381 Jun 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Professional Sanitary Engineer?
That is not ethical. Ask questions politely and professionally.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113382 Jun 2, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
"Professional" Engineer?
All engineers are potentially professionals. An actual engineer would cite what kind of engineer he is, and "Professional" is not one of them.
But if you want to exchange credentials, OK,
MS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Senior executive at a very large global corporation, responsible for regional sales for Latin America.
Not really true. What about the road side mechanics/ artisans?
They still use that title,' engineers'.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113383 Jun 2, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I figured you for a swinette player. Professional swinette player.
Why Dan?
Because he does not agree with your positions.
Remember the term,' democracy '.
FREE SERVANT

Hockessin, DE

#113384 Jun 2, 2014
The universe and our earth is a system which is an arrangement that is patterned through cycles. Everything functions in an orderly way according to the pattern. Life on earth has the ability to accomplish things following plans that show how to proceed. A patterned program is a way of doing things and each system has a set of rules that work toward a common goal. This is an intelligent set up and SCPID theory explains some of this.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113385 Jun 2, 2014
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as lightning was never man-made, that means it was Thor made.The fact!!
Compare the number of believers of Thor with that of God, and see for your self. A Big difference. Thor worship today is outdating.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113386 Jun 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The universe and our earth is a system which is an arrangement that is patterned through cycles. Everything functions in an orderly way according to the pattern. Life on earth has the ability to accomplish things following plans that show how to proceed. A patterned program is a way of doing things and each system has a set of rules that work toward a common goal. This is an intelligent set up and SCPID theory explains some of this.
It is only the ignorant that would doubt this. GOD BLESS!
FREE SERVANT

Hockessin, DE

#113387 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It is only the ignorant that would doubt this. GOD BLESS!
Thank you Mr Idemi, God Bless you and yours as well. Intelligent design is evident everywhere around us in nature if we really open our eyes to see it.
Mugwump

UK

#113388 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Compare the number of believers of Thor with that of God, and see for your self. A Big difference. Thor worship today is outdating.
First, my post was to highlight the false dicotemy (forgive spelling- typing on phone) of

'If not man-made - has to be god'(which god is irrelevant - the logic fails)

Second, so your whole argument is based on belief rather than evidence ?
Again , evolution / old earth / BB wins - as the VAST majority of those that accept them , do so based on evidence NOT belief

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Derry, PA

#113389 Jun 2, 2014
Jumping from fallacy to fallacy. Now his rejection of his own logic turned against him is argumentum ad populum
FREE SERVANT

Hockessin, DE

#113390 Jun 2, 2014
The God of the Bible shows patterns as to how things are to be made, and the Bible tells us that things go according to his circuit. The miracle of creation came about by the order of an intelligent Creator and it just could not have came about by itself through natural processes alone.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113391 Jun 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Was the universe made by man/ men?
That's not an answer.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113392 Jun 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible shows patterns as to how things are to be made, and the Bible tells us that things go according to his circuit. The miracle of creation came about by the order of an intelligent Creator and it just could not have came about by itself through natural processes alone.
Still don't care.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#113393 Jun 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an answer.
That's not even a question.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113395 Jun 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's not even a question.
OK.

Can he show me his evidence FOR the existence of God? I am waiting.

Is that better?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113396 Jun 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Wow, deja vu.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#113397 Jun 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Can he show me his evidence FOR the existence of God? I am waiting.
Is that better?
lol

No I meant his question, not yours.
Did man create the universe?
That's not really a question is it?
It's sort of a dumb assed answer and solves nothing.
Charles keeps asking if not god who? But why does it have to be a who?
The question is what, not who!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Denny CranesPlace 24,086
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 12 min MyLittleSecret 17,048
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min -TheExam- 38,160
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 25 min -TheExam- 1,486
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 32 min -TheExam- 62,112
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 33 min -TheExam- 8,334
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 36 min rainmaker2016 3,745
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min Mister_ E 220,932
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 1 hr Boink face 987
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr MyLittleSecret 4,671