Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
107,221 - 107,240 of 113,000 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And God Almighty is the creator. Where is your evidence countering this statement? None.
Go home. The world and all its elements never evolved by accident.
Where is your evidence to confirm your statement that “God Almighty is the creator”?

Where is your evidence to confirm your statement that “The world and all its elements never evolved by accident”?

You have none, you will never have any evidence because there is no evidence to be had.

What you have is faith based on bronze age mythology.

And of course E=MC^2 is counter to the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6, and all it takes is one evidence compared to your zero.

You will of course either completely ignore that or deny it out of hand while using some consequences of that equation for post your denial.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have to correct you on this one. You are probably thinking about the point when radiation (light) and matter decoupled, allowing the light to move through the matter and obtaining a transparent universe. That is the era when the background radiation was formed.
But light (electromagnetic waves) definitely existed prior to that. In fact, it dominated the energy density of the universe at that point (now dark energy does--for a while matter did).
I apologise, I meant visible light as in absence of darkness.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the evidence:
Genesis Chapter 1: The Creation of Light
The Creation of Light
Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Sorry, but that is nowhere close to being evidence. It is a myth written by humans to describe the world as they perceived it. It is counter to much that we know.

So let's go through some of the details, shall we?
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
OK, so there was water, and God was moving across the face of that water. Notice that there is no comment on where the water came from. Clearly,'the deep' describes the waters.

In other words, we have the common mythological viewpoint where the world was created from water (as opposed to some other myths that have it made from chaos). There is already a 'face' to the water, so the universe is already divided between part that is water and part that is not.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
In this light and darkness are both substances. Previously, there was only dark and now there is also light. They are separated and the light is called Day while the dark is called Night. This is also a very common mythological theme where Day and Night are seen as fundamental aspects of the universe as a whole, with half of the universe light and half dark. So, in this viewpoint, the sun is NOT what makes day versus night, but is a separate entity not directly related to the dark/light divide.

At this point in the creation story, we have water, light, and darkness. The water has a face and God is moving above the face.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day
Now we get a 'firmament' that is in the water and separates part of the water from another part of the water. There is water above that firmament and water below that firmament.

I want to point out that the *firmament* is called Heaven. This is another common myth from early societies. The idea is that the sky (heaven) is a dome above the earth. Until very recently, this dome was believed in and was thought to be solid. By the way, some translations use the word 'vault' instead of 'firmament'. They also replace the word 'heaven' with the word 'sky'. This is consistent with the idea of a solid dome over the earth.

I could go on and discuss how the water below heaven was gathered into one place for dry land to appear. In other words, the dry land was there already, but the water was moved aside so that it could appear. That is the formation of the earth.

Now, how exactly does this correspond to reality?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence to confirm your statement that “God Almighty is the creator”?
Where is your evidence to confirm your statement that “The world and all its elements never evolved by accident”?
You have none, you will never have any evidence because there is no evidence to be had.
What you have is faith based on bronze age mythology.
And of course E=MC^2 is counter to the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6, and all it takes is one evidence compared to your zero.
You will of course either completely ignore that or deny it out of hand while using some consequences of that equation for post your denial.
And you have no evidence what so ever to counter the existence of a Maker. The universe is not made by man, then who then made it?
Nothing can make it/ his/ her self. Can you?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And God Almighty is the creator. Where is your evidence countering this statement? None.
Go home. The world and all its elements never evolved by accident.
"God Almighty" as described in the OT? You've got to be kidding.
Where is your evidence for your simplistically conceived and shoddily presented conclusions? Oh, the Bible. So the real answer is NONE. Go home.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Not uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
To start off with, you gave no evidence that those are myths.
Next, I am a young-earth creationist,(I wont go in to the massive reasons why) but I believe that the schools should teach evolution AND creation evenly and unbiased to either. Then the student can choose for themselves. Instead of stuffing it down their throat that evolution is true, we teach them both and let them decide.
I would also like to point out that you refer to science as opposed to creationism. Creationism is science. We may differ in views, but evolution is a scientific theory; creationism is scientific theory. Neither can be fully proven. Ever. They thought spontaneous generation was proven and obviously it wasnt. Evolutionists have made some great discoveries. But may I remind or inform you that so have creationists. Just as many. In fact, many of the great scientist have been creationists.
Next, you call it mythology, but mythology doesn't hold water and doesn't last. Creationism has been around for over a thousand years. That's not mythology. I agree thats not great proof, but just one beginning statement.
To follow up what I just said, the scientific method has never been proven wrong: Observations, Hypothesis, Lots of Experiments, Theory, Generations of Data, Law. Right? Well, a theory as big as the Theory if Evolution should have been tested for hundreds of years,consistently. Even it has(which is debatable), it needs more evidence to be considered a Law, a whole lot more. Creationism, like I said cant be proven, but there has been a lot more scientists and a lot more time.
Lastly, don't quote rock dating at me. It has been proven inaccurate over and over. I don't have time to go into it; but go to the Institute for Creation Research's website or Answers in Genesis's website and find it there.
I won't go into proving your statements wrong, it would take too much time and you probably wouldn't listen anyway. I just want to open your eyes and show that we aren't all Bible thumping idiots. It is despicable how few Christians know the Genesis story and the evidence behind it. But still, some of us are well-educated, and so I ask that you use real evidence. Sorry if anywhere I was unclear. Thanks for reading.
Quote, Rock dating! Unquote.

Rock dating!

I presume you mean radiometric dating.

Yes, "rock dating" is the ONLY reason that scientists know the Earth is more than 10,000 years old, and it was such a shock to them when rock dating first showed the Earth was more than 10,000 years old in 1907.

Oh wait, I remember now. The 6,000 year old earth was already debunked 100 years BEFORE rock dating, way before Darwin even published Origin of the Species.

In any case, radiometric dating is very reliable, and when it fails we usually know why.

Your claims to the contrary, you know nothing about science, and YEC creationism is about as far from science as its possible to get.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you have no evidence what so ever to counter the existence of a Maker. The universe is not made by man, then who then made it?
I will repeat –“And of course E=MC^2 is counter to the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6, and all it takes is one evidence compared to your zero.”

That my dear is evidence – so ever

Why should anyone have to make it? Oh I know why, because some goat herder in the bronze age said so – right?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote, Rock dating! Unquote.
Rock dating!
I presume you mean radiometric dating.
Yes, "rock dating" is the ONLY reason that scientists know the Earth is more than 10,000 years old, and it was such a shock to them when rock dating first showed the Earth was more than 10,000 years old in 1907.
Oh wait, I remember now. The 6,000 year old earth was already debunked 100 years BEFORE rock dating, way before Darwin even published Origin of the Species.
In any case, radiometric dating is very reliable, and when it fails we usually know why.
Your claims to the contrary, you know nothing about science, and YEC creationism is about as far from science as its possible to get.
Next up: The RATE project. Any bets?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Next up: The RATE project. Any bets?
Or the hammer found in a "fossil" (concretion), or possibly my favorite, the famous Paluxy human & dinosaur tracks.

<snicker>

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Tinka wrote:
You have been brave and you shall receive crystal balls...
Walnuts, Marbles, and Cristal Balls? What's with all the sudden innuendo?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I love salad (full stop)
Rocket, avocado and walnut
Goats cheese, warm fig and walnut
Waldorf Salad
And more.
And date and walnut loaf – try this
8 oz self-raising flour (227g)
1oz margarine (28g)
8oz stoned dates chopped (227g)
2oz walnuts chopped (58g)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teacupful boiling water-left to cool
1 egg lightly beaten
4oz brown sugar (113g)
Rub the margarine into the flour to resemble fine breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar, chopped walnuts and beaten egg. Mix well
Add the dates and the bicarbonate of soda. Mix well
Bake in a well greased 1lb loaf tin at approx. 175C.(4 gas) for about one hour.
Place a finger on top of the loaf and press lightly. If it springs back the loaf is ready.
Leave on a wire rack until the loaf is cold.
It is a lot easier to cut if you leave the loaf until the next day-enjoy.
*Jumping up and down, waving arms like an idiot*
ChristineM is back! ChristineM is back!
Welcome back, and thanks for the recipe.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Not uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
... I believe that the schools should teach evolution AND creation evenly and unbiased to either. Then the student can choose for themselves.
Why not teach them about the Stork delivering children AND human reproduction and let them choose between Those two scenarios.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not teach them about the Stork delivering children AND human reproduction and let them choose between Those two scenarios.
Not to mention astrology and astronomy. And numerology and mathematics.

Astrology and numerology were big helps in getting us to the moon.

/sarcasm

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention astrology and astronomy. And numerology and mathematics.

Astrology and numerology were big helps in getting us to the moon.

/sarcasm
Alchemy was my favorite class in school!

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
*Jumping up and down, waving arms like an idiot*
ChristineM is back! ChristineM is back!
Welcome back, and thanks for the recipe.
Enjoy

Hi…
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you have no evidence what so ever to counter the existence of a Maker. The universe is not made by man, then who then made it?
The universe can.

Prove me wrong.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I love salad (full stop)
Rocket, avocado and walnut
Goats cheese, warm fig and walnut
Waldorf Salad
And more.
And date and walnut loaf – try this
8 oz self-raising flour (227g)
1oz margarine (28g)
8oz stoned dates chopped (227g)
2oz walnuts chopped (58g)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teacupful boiling water-left to cool
1 egg lightly beaten
4oz brown sugar (113g)
Rub the margarine into the flour to resemble fine breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar, chopped walnuts and beaten egg. Mix well
Add the dates and the bicarbonate of soda. Mix well
Bake in a well greased 1lb loaf tin at approx. 175C.(4 gas) for about one hour.
Place a finger on top of the loaf and press lightly. If it springs back the loaf is ready.
Leave on a wire rack until the loaf is cold.
It is a lot easier to cut if you leave the loaf until the next day-enjoy.
175 c?
A European cookbook? I don't even know what that is, 350?

I have to try that maybe when I come across some Walnuts...Should have brought some nutties back with me graffiti;ing the wall....hahahahha

I'd call it the Berliner Loaf of Nuts straight from the Wall...BACK OFF, it's still warm...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

So what is going on with Michael? How low does the tunnel go?
He said they should come up and play around some here....at least he's having some fun finally...

I can't find the freaking AD that makes the noise on my page here...

It's a swamp of advertisement....It drives me crazy...

It's worse than television...now they hide the freaking ads...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Oh hey are you the main character in your LIFE?????

That would make sense wouldn't it?
So ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Oh crap I thought I was in the Pub but this is all important business here...

So how about the dead where do they go?

What if we arrived at the last RING????

And there are no capes...now what? One can hide no more...

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Tinka wrote:
So what is going on with Michael? How low does the tunnel go?
He said they should come up and play around some here....at least he's having some fun finally...
I can't find the freaking AD that makes the noise on my page here...
It's a swamp of advertisement....It drives me crazy...
It's worse than television...now they hide the freaking ads...
Yeah, the ads are getting a little out of hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••