Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221789 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113224 May 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
At room temperature, water molecules are bouncing off each other and you have water. When you take away heat and they freeze, water molecules stick to each other with weak molecular bonds, forming ice crystals and snowflakes because of the shape of the H2O molecule. The same thing happens if you put a bunch of weak magnets in a jar and shake it. The magnets bounce around. When you stop, the magnets stick together. They are at a lower energy level. There is order, yet no complexity - just a simple repetitive structure that does not do anything.
Great answer 70, but now answer the question that was originally asked;
"When water freezes, does the entropy of the water increase or decrease?"

YOU are the one who brought this to the table, so now its time to show your understanding of what you are claiming about Evolutionists. So get googlin'...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113225 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stop the babbling. You may not agree with what i said based on personal issues, but that does not change the truth. No one can invalidate the existence of God.
My intention was not to "invalidate the existence of God", rather validate the inexistence of knowledge in you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113226 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.

Translation: Chuck gots nothing. Chuckie wanna cracker?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113227 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are in an advance nation, but you still lack the necessary knowledge. Go back to your root, Asia.
No one except an idiot, will deny the very existence of God.

Actually atheists have theists on IQ by about 10 points, on average.

That was not the best can of worms to open, Chuck.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113228 May 28, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you just lost.
If the SLoT worked like you said it did you could never have been born.
So how do you intend to solve this particular paradox?
There is a disconnect here. 70 isn't saying anything about the SLoT - he's just cutting and pasting from other people who misunderstand it only a little better than he does.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#113229 May 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a disconnect here. 70 isn't saying anything about the SLoT - he's just cutting and pasting from other people who misunderstand it only a little better than he does.
Oh, I'm aware of that, but his posts are his responsibility and so it is up to him to correct himself and/or argue his case in a coherent manner when we point out flaws that are not addressed by his pastes.

My guess is that he will shirk that responsibility.

Just as he always does.(shrug)

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#113230 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God does not exist in your imagination.
Duh, are you having a blond moment? Don't exit in my reality either. Don't exist at all!

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#113231 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. You can not either. We are all applying the concept of faith.
The universe and its elements are all beyond human understanding that is why the possibility of God, can never be ruled out.
Yeah there might be a flying spaghetti monster after all!
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113232 May 28, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God does not exist in your imagination.
"God is not in your imagination" does not meet the requirements of proper proof.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#113233 May 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
At room temperature, water molecules are bouncing off each other and you have water. When you take away heat and they freeze, water molecules stick to each other with weak molecular bonds, forming ice crystals and snowflakes because of the shape of the H2O molecule. The same thing happens if you put a bunch of weak magnets in a jar and shake it. The magnets bounce around. When you stop, the magnets stick together. They are at a lower energy level. There is order, yet no complexity - just a simple repetitive structure that does not do anything.
So, when water freezes, does the entropy increase or decrease? You didn't answer the question. If you want, assume the water is at 32 Fahrenheit or 0 Celsius.

This, by the way, is not a trick question. The answer is straight-forward and obvious to those who understand even the basics of entropy.

So, yes, they are at a lower energy, so.......

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#113234 May 28, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
God deny's the existence of a creator. As she must.
Nope ....

As she's last in watch...Kept calm ...

She is part of the creating and God is what God is a device a machine...Gods of a time have off springs and if Gods of choosing can Rise they better stay in line and choose more than just American Patriocy to Mythical War times as well not to Patriotism alone...Pats and Pa's tri circular and alles klar done dealt time...

I mean just a thought...

Still creation and living being and what a connection all things have somehow for sure things come together...

Oh and more so though than to be proud of one's home and where one feels it is that GOD should have no bearing through Religion for some use God in terms as Blessings too but it has been placed many different ways the ways of...Capabilities of society..

Martin Luther a real Lutheran suggested a long time ago like in the 1600's or early 1700's that Baptisms ought to be extinct...

So to god and creation if not fro Religious conduct where would a god be? Turned off is what if you ask me...Turned down for sure...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113235 May 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah there might be a flying spaghetti monster after all!
LOL and falling meatballs...Is what he shoots at Gods... Hahahaha

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#113236 May 28, 2014
For Anyone Who Wants to Argue about Entropy and Evolution:

At this point, nobody who has brought up the second law of thermodyanics in
arguing against evolution has had any clue about what the second law actually
says or what entropy actually is. Here are a few *basic* questions about the
subject. If you have any difficulty with any of them, you don't know enough
to argue the second law in *any* context, let alone for evolution.

1. State the Second Law of Thermodynamics in a form that does not use the words
random, entropy, chaotic, disordered or their equivalents. Yes, this is possible
and even easy for those who know about the 2nd law.

2. When water freezes, does the entropy of the water increase or decrease? This
is another trivial question for those who know about thermodynamics.

3. Suppose we have two containers: both have hydrogen gas at standard temperature
and pressure, but the second is twice as large as the first. For which box is the
entropy of the hydrogen larger?

4. Suppose we have two containers: both have the same amount of hydrogen gas, but
the second is twice as large as the first. For which box is the entropy of the
hydrogen larger?

5. Suppose we have two pistons. One has hydrogen gas inside and the other has oxygen
gas inside. The volumes and pressures are the same. Then both are pulled out so
that the volumes double. Which gas shows the larger change in entropy?

6. What is the Gibb's free energy and why is it useful for non-isolated systems?

7. Explain from thermodynamics grounds why oil and water spontaneously separate at standard temperature and pressure.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113237 May 28, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually atheists have theists on IQ by about 10 points, on average.
That was not the best can of worms to open, Chuck.
God as what? What do they think he it she is?

The angle of the dangle? The ying yang ding thing?

The perimeter of earth's circumference is GOD...It's a map then?

There is no doubt life specie of a different kind is fact but to think of them as Gods would be no welcome really if you can look at God and say oh hey pal thanks for all the memories a GOD, would have to be more than one unit...Hmmmm???? One a welcome indeed please come eneter as long as he's legal I suppose and has an ID...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113238 May 28, 2014
Is of Intelligence Design...

So God...

Satan I want to hear from him the begotten one and the beloved I want to hear is trial to the fullest I think by now maybe I can handle it if it came strictly through his lips...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113239 May 28, 2014
The idea of "irre-versibility" is central to the understanding
insane eversibility ???

In information theory, entropy is a measure of the uncertainty

disambiguation
Entropy originates from machine engineering, where in a process ...

The relationship between entropy, order, and disorder in the ...

Which do you apply for the containers?

Maybe one of the containers has a leak is it then out of order to use and does not apply to information Theory?

So is it to Globe in believe hu? In all areas all things play the same role?
Symbol s as in Y? V

Isn't this some double standard?
Gibbs free energy G is defined as G = H - TS where H, T and S are the enthalpy, temperature, and entropy. Temp? temp?

Transform?

Living next to a lake it should be more cool in the morning and moist cloudy at times for sure...

First rule/law still Theory.... transformation still has to do how other life form has managed and evolved...

How about C for condition...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#113240 May 28, 2014
Oh and no one needs magic to use energy wisely Tinker Bell says so...

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#113242 May 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the Second Law applies to all systems, open or closed, and to all actions and chemical reactions, from molecules to galaxies. The words "except for..." are not in this universal law.

The first flaw of thermodynamics states , what ever you think you know is wrong.
The second flaw of thermodynamics says... If you type it in here you let everybody know what you think is wrong.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113243 May 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the Second Law applies to all systems, open or closed, and to all actions and chemical reactions, from molecules to galaxies. The words "except for..." are not in this universal law.

If I were to grade this I would have to give it an incomplete or an F. the SLoT does apply to all systems, but not in the same way. An open system could continue to function, grow, and evolve for TRILLIONS of years, given the right influx of energy.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#113244 May 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. When properly stated, the second law applies to everything in the universe. But you haven't stated it in a way that does so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 2 min Judy 123 20,873
2words into 2new words (May '12) 5 min Judy 123 8,373
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min Judy 123 18,337
next word game (Apr '13) 17 min Judy 123 921
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min Judy 123 24,077
Word Association (Mar '10) 25 min Judy 123 22,378
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 27 min Judy 123 1,047
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min CJ Rocker 220,709
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr Judy 123 2,118
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Pie Contenst 4,593