Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197634 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113116 May 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion was started by a little Darwin man on an island looking at birds. He is right up there with L Ron Hubbard, PT Barnum, Jim Jones and Brigham Young.
And yet you poor fools are totally incapable of finding any flaws in his theory.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#113117 May 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion was started by a little Darwin man on an island looking at birds. He is right up there with L Ron Hubbard, PT Barnum, Jim Jones and Brigham Young.
Lol. A steadfast creationist mocking the BS of Hubbard and Jones.

Pot, the Kettle's calling....

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#113118 May 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Theories of evolution existed before Darwin. I would figure that Jim Jones would be right up your alley. What with all the koolaid you must own.

What the heck is wrong with PT Barnum? Were you one of those born every minute? I bet you were. You can tell us.

I have to know. Do you practice to be this stupid or does it just come natural?

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#113119 May 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, it’s very healthy, full of fruit and nuts, perfect for a diet if eaten in small quantities.
Problem is that it’s kind of difficult to eat small quantities.
Good to meet you TurkanaBoy
Hey Christine. How are you? The cake sounds awesome. I doubt I can eat something like that in small quantities. I love the cake.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#113120 May 22, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Christine. How are you? The cake sounds awesome. I doubt I can eat something like that in small quantities. I love the cake.
Hi Dan .. Hey Christine .. ahhh, anyone heard from Double Fine in less than a hundred years?
Hope he's well. CAKE .. I like cake, especially when I get to eat it and I require no icing. I work in a little place that offers us lunch and dessert everyday .. I've got to stop eating that dessert. Haha

So,... you'll recall my last questions on this here subject and now I have what I consider shocking news that I'm rather freaked out about, quite frankly. I think I've decided to stop being a Christian.

This is a silly question, but will that make me an atheist? What if I pick another god to worship?
I joke, but it seriously has got me upset and I just don't know how I'll explain it to all these folks I've been visiting in all these dang churches in this here Bible Belt.

Ouch,.. speaking of which .. I'm in the Weird forum and my fans here just love to drop a good number of them colorful icons .. sorry in advance for the mess. Haha
Peace :)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#113121 May 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"God Almighty" as described in the OT? You've got to be kidding.
Where is your evidence for your simplistically conceived and shoddily presented conclusions? Oh, the Bible. So the real answer is NONE. Go home.
Yes the bible. It is a book of knowledge. Try and understand that. The evidence of a God is very very strong. The universe never came by accident, it was made.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#113122 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, it’s very healthy, full of fruit and nuts, perfect for a diet if eaten in small quantities.
Problem is that it’s kind of difficult to eat small quantities.
Good to meet you TurkanaBoy
Pleased to meet you too.
I think the quantities is my problem indeed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113123 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat –“And of course E=MC^2 is counter to the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6, and all it takes is one evidence compared to your zero.”
That my dear is evidence – so ever
Why should anyone have to make it? Oh I know why, because some goat herder in the bronze age said so – right?
Using a man made equation to determine the universe that is not made by man, only make you look like a troll. MAN is just like a visitor, we only guess or project. But the questions are still left unanswered.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113124 May 23, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe can.
Prove me wrong.
How?
Where you there when that universe was formed?
Guessing about the universe using some stupid equation or formular, that is made by man, will never hold anything. We are only living on a rented life that we don' t even when it is going to end.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113125 May 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple question: And Zeus Almighty is the creator. Where is your evidence countering this statement? None.
In scientific and even everyday debate we have a very simple rule: if you have a claim, YOU prove. A lack of proof for a claim needs no further proof. If you fail to prove for a god, your opponent can lean back and only observe this lack.
Learn to reason decently FIRST please.
Decency?
Tell your self that.
Zeus was an ancient beliefs of the Greeks, but not like that any more. Greece now hold on to God the creator. Stop it, you are barking!

Level 2

Location hidden

#113126 May 23, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence to counter the creation of the FSM.
You like to make assertions you can't support.
A question, can a dead man says there is no God?
AND another question, I hope you know where we are all heading to ?
No one can fight God. We are mortals.

Level 2

Location hidden

#113127 May 23, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
God deny's the existence of a creator. As she must.
God is the Creator.
God can never deny his qualities.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#113128 May 23, 2014
Hello Again,

I know it is not easy to enter into one of these discussions that has been going on for over 2,000 plus years.

This is for the Christians in this room .. Would you like to know what might have helped me with the 'blind' faith that is required to stay true to the belief I believed I had finally managed to believe?

Better Christian examples would have helped. Now, I'm really not familiar with any of you and while you may have seen me pop in here on occasion (more than you even realize), spout my mouth off a minute or two and then barely take a minute to see if anyone even had taken a moment to either read or respond to me,.....

I'd like to wish you all a good day. TGIF and I hope you enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.
My stepfather is 91 years old and he's been such a blessing in my world and the only man that ever really treated me with the respect I believe I deserve. He believes in God, but he doesn't believe in all this church crap or even half of the bible. I'm very familiar with the bible, but I choke every time someone asks me a respectable and valid question concerning our loving God and quite frankly I LOVE the WORD, but I've never once said I loved God/Jesus .. so I imagine I was already headed for hell anyhow, according to some beautiful believers. I just couldn't force myself to believe it and there is so much evidence against much of what we are supposed to believe. Heck, it's Christian against Xtians .. as it was written, but .. dang. Hope some of that was coherent.

Ciao and Peace :)

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113129 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Using a man made equation to determine the universe that is not made by man, only make you look like a troll. MAN is just like a visitor, we only guess or project. But the questions are still left unanswered.

You are a fountain of ignorance.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113130 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is the Creator.
God can never deny his qualities.

Then who does he say created God, Mr. Charles Isadummy?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113131 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question, can a dead man says there is no God?
AND another question, I hope you know where we are all heading to ?
No one can fight God. We are mortals.

Yes
Disneyland
"You too are sons and daughters of the most high".

Refuting you is so easy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113132 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Decency?
Tell your self that.
Zeus was an ancient beliefs of the Greeks, but not like that any more. Greece now hold on to God the creator. Stop it, you are barking!

And if Greece stopped worshiping the Jewish god Yahwah and started worshiping the great and powerful FSM, then what?

Stop it, you are barking.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113133 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How?
Where you there when that universe was formed?
Guessing about the universe using some stupid equation or formular, that is made by man, will never hold anything. We are only living on a rented life that we don' t even when it is going to end.

Yes, we know you hate science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113134 May 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes the bible. It is a book of knowledge. Try and understand that. The evidence of a God is very very strong. The universe never came by accident, it was made.

There is NO evidence of God. God saw to that. He requires faith, not silly beliefs about what you think are and are not real.

Why does God hide his existence?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#113135 May 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Christine. How are you? The cake sounds awesome. I doubt I can eat something like that in small quantities. I love the cake.
Hi Dan, I’m fine thanks, how’s it going with you?

When I bake that date and walnut cake it never last long, I usually have trouble hiding it until it’s cook enough to cut properly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 2 min Old Sam 11,312
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Just_Parker 17,633
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 2 min Old Sam 3,956
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 3 min Just_Parker 2,647
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 3 min Old Sam 2,457
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min Just_Parker 8,480
One Word (Jan '09) 3 min Diamond Dixie 15,782
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 5 min Crystal_Clear722 6,186
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Jack 191,130
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 7,108
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 32,192
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr streetglidehoney 56,159
More from around the web