Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#112657 May 8, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ASSes are what you would still be getting around on if scientists had listened to the likes of you 200 years ago. Keep whining on your computer though, you still get the benefits of their work.
There is not one single benefit for mankind due to half baked "theory" of evolution.

Unless of course your practice eugenics or are a practicing Nazi.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112658 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I start making baseless assertions such as, the flood really happened because God the E.T. melted the ice sheets, that Jonah had a stenographer with him in the fish or that languages are all owned by the Tower of Babel, I should expect to be corrected by all comers. It wouldn't be a gold star for the day mark of my character to cry about it and say in effect "I'm taking my marbles and running home!"
Well some of us may love to talk to our marbles...lol and home for some these days has real meaning harsher than before...
Some of us actually endured the elements of living outside...
I am going to look up job in the scipts today there might be something hidden and have you heard they supposedly found a bible that tells that Jesus never was crucified...
Crazy sheet Religion if you ask me...

Oh and what is it now before Congress gets into session big prayer they just ok'd that The justice dep...

Level 6

in a city...

#112659 May 8, 2014
As sumption sounds to me like some tricky comp math creation where they can place data within all of the real things and linger while the wise people as sumingly think....LOL

Level 6

in a city...

#112660 May 8, 2014
Where has the lone worker been?
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#112661 May 8, 2014
Piltdown Man

In 1912, a well-known doctor and amateur paleoanthropologist named Charles Dawson came out with the assertion that he had found a jawbone and a cranial fragment in a pit in Piltdown, England. Even though the jawbone was more ape-like, the teeth and the skull were like a man's. These specimens were labelled the "Piltdown man". Alleged to be 500,000 years old, they were displayed as an absolute proof of human evolution in several museums. For more than 40 years, many scientific articles were written on "Piltdown man", many interpretations and drawings were made, and the fossil was presented as important evidence for human evolution. No fewer than 500 doctoral theses were written on the subject.63 While visiting the British Museum in 1921, leading American paleoanthropologist Henry Fairfield Osborn said "We have to be reminded over and over again that Nature is full of paradoxes" and proclaimed Piltdown "a discovery of transcendant importance to the prehistory of man.

In 1949, Kenneth Oakley from the British Museum's Paleontology Department, attempted to use "fluorine testing", a new test used for determining the date of fossils. A trial was made on the fossil of the Piltdown man. The result was astonishing. During the test, it was realised that the jawbone of Piltdown Man did not contain any fluorine. This indicated that it had remained buried no more than a few years. The skull, which contained only a small amount of fluorine, showed that it was not older than a few thousand years old.
It was determined that the teeth in the jawbone belonging to an orangutan, had been worn down artificially and that the "primitive" tools discovered with the fossils were simple imitations that had been sharpened with steel implements.65 In the detailed analysis completed by Joseph Weiner, this forgery was revealed to the public in 1953. The skull belonged to a 500-year-old man, and the jaw bone belonged to a recently deceased ape! The teeth had been specially arranged in a particular way and added to the jaw, and the molar surfaces were filed in order to resemble those of a man. Then all these pieces were stained with potassium dichromate to give them an old appearance. These stains began to disappear when dipped in acid. Sir Wilfred Le Gros Clark, who was in the team that uncovered the forgery, could not hide his astonishment at this situation and said: "The evidences of artificial abrasion immediately sprang to the eye. Indeed so obvious did they seem it may well be asked-how was it that they had escaped notice before?"66 In the wake of all this, "Piltdown man" was hurriedly removed from the British Museum where it had been displayed for more than 40 years.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112662 May 8, 2014
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
Why does it have to be either or? Is it not possible that there is another way life came to be that has nothing to do with either theory? We don't know what we don't know. So why all this debate about two theories that could both be incorrect? What a colossal waste of time!
So stop complaining and present a viable alternative.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112663 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one single benefit for mankind due to half baked "theory" of evolution.
Sure there is. Medicine, cancer treatments, crops - you've reaped the benefits of evolution and never even knew it.(shrug)
SevenTee wrote:
Whoa, ad-hom and Godwin's all in one. Boy, you keep vying for that dumbest fundie of all time slot and win every time, eh? By the way, you promised to refute me a couple of weeks back. We're still waiting. Lemme guess, that'll never happen? Same as every other fundie on the entire planet?

Thought so.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112664 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Piltdown Man
In 1912, a well-known doctor and amateur paleoanthropologist named Charles Dawson came out with the assertion that he had found a jawbone and a cranial fragment in a pit in Piltdown, England. Even though the jawbone was more ape-like, the teeth and the skull were like a man's. These specimens were labelled the "Piltdown man".
From the outset, some scientists expressed skepticism about the Piltdown find.

G.S. Miller, for example, observed in 1915 that "deliberate malice could hardly have been more successful than the hazards of deposition in so breaking the fossils as to give free scope to individual judgment in fitting the parts together."[10] In the decades prior to its exposure as a forgery in 1953, scientists increasingly regarded Piltdown as an enigmatic aberration inconsistent with the path of hominid evolution as demonstrated by fossils found elsewhere.[1] Skeptical scientists only increased in number as more fossils were found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112665 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Piltdown Man
Piltdown? Oh, I love Piltdown! Fraudulent fossil which was found to be fraudulent by using all those evil evolutionary science concepts you reject. In other words, you have no reason to believe it's a fake in the first place.

Oh and by the way, next time don't forget to include the linky to the liars for Jesus website you copy-pasted your BS from, so you at least look slightly less like a dishonest lying idiot.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112666 May 8, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
G.S. Miller, for example, observed in 1915 that "deliberate malice could hardly have been more successful than the hazards of deposition in so breaking the fossils as to give free scope to individual judgment in fitting the parts together."[10] In the decades prior to its exposure as a forgery in 1953, scientists increasingly regarded Piltdown as an enigmatic aberration inconsistent with the path of hominid evolution as demonstrated by fossils found elsewhere.[1] Skeptical scientists only increased in number as more fossils were found.
To translate that into words he will understand, it was basically found to be fake because it never fitted in with evolution. Most creationists do not know this so they keep repeating their BS about Piltdown as if it's somehow a serious problem for evolution.

It ain't.

At all.

And hasn't been for over 60 years.

Ironically this is probably one of the creationist's more up to date arguments.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112667 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Dimwits say things like that, not knowing modern medicine is all based on evolution.
Of course evolution works against medicine also, but knowing is half the battle.
As they say.. hind sight is 20/20.. and evolution is knowing about the past and understanding the future.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112668 May 8, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what do we get here:
1) a single fraud already severely suspicious from the very beginning among the expert scientists, decisively debunked in 1948 when more advanced methods allowed for that by scientists themselves;
2) out of 6,000 (count: SIX THOUSANDS) hominid fossil finds;
3) and of course we NEVER hear of the creationist's frauds, which have NEVER been corrected: http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/creation... .

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112669 May 9, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the rube who says England owns the English language.
Okay, whatever.
You have no case to answer here, Rube, the evidence is clear, it began in England. CRY!

Level 2

Location hidden

#112670 May 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't. The universe began 13.71 billion years ago. Evolution started about 3.5 billion years ago. Hence evolution doesn't violate cause and effect.
<quoted text>
I gave you the causes of evolution - the mechanisms I previously mentioned a few hours ago.
As for debate, there is no scientific debate over the validity of evolution. As far as science is concerned evolution is a fact.
GUESSING!
No one knows. But evolution can never occur without first passing through the creation process.

Level 2

Location hidden

#112671 May 9, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOO!
*covering face with hands*
You reminded him. Prepare for the next 17-page wave of Charles English babble.
And yet you are the one babbling. English do originate in England. That is a fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

#112672 May 9, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the non-nutters with a modicum of understanding of the science.
Leave science out of this. We have scientist of international repute both in the past and present that are christians.

Level 2

Location hidden

#112673 May 9, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum physicists would disagree, and they have masses of evidence to prove it.
But that is not the point. Evolution is not causeless, in fact the whole theory is about the causes of species change over time.
PS: Evolution has nothing to do with how the universe got here, or how life started. That is where you guys are (ALWAYS) getting it wrong.
So tell me, did that species evolved without first passing through the creation process?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112674 May 9, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> GUESSING!
No one knows. But evolution can never occur without first passing through the creation process.
No guessing, it's observed. Evolution doesn't care if the universe was magically poofed (created) by God. All evolution needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. If you want to prove otherwise then you need to prove that life is in fact NOT here.

Creationism. Now THAT'S a guess.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112675 May 9, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Leave science out of this.
Yeah, leave science out of this! Creationists don't do science!!!

>:-(

Level 2

Location hidden

#112676 May 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No guessing, it's observed. Evolution doesn't care if the universe was magically poofed (created) by God. All evolution needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. If you want to prove otherwise then you need to prove that life is in fact NOT here.
Creationism. Now THAT'S a guess.
A simple answer, you don't know. EVOLUTION WITHOUT CREATION IS ZERO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,812
It's 8 O'Clock (Feb '13) 6 min Offbeat r Weird 5
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 54,845
China's Advice to Citizens: Don't Pick a Stripp... 11 min DILF 6
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 13 min DILF 1,162
A six word game (Dec '08) 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17,757
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 16 min liam cul8r 43
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Wolftracks 149,101
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 17 min Debra27 6,842
True or False Game 50 min Hoosier Hillbilly 415
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 22,241
Air Force Member Arrested After Giving Minnesot... 11 hr Sam 4

Weird People Search