Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#112853 May 14, 2014
Movements??? I only see the Christian up-rise and their need to be in Arts and express all their whatever and then I see much that had been forgotten and how some things get to that point is totally un clear for before there was that where no one needed to point anything and today it is just the way that is we speak much but much around and nothing is really pin point we miss it often enough and to blame can't just be one so to chart top Mann and ruler and Gods and more chaos could be created it's all controlled through Media and they let off not reaching right dispute to one must battle fight steal kill and lie lie down flat give in give up and to start back on trapped in can't move idle old and then one is tot....and when that already had happened and not in such ways re-turn and do it all over again for someone anyone soon it won't matter and all things blend in...

Science at it's best that was it went too far to no blame can't place blame on people....

America land of is and to be but become is the ticket and when one was just a living and always was life was seen had seen life pass passed and sirens happened I never liked them then and here and there and killing people we can't maintain we can't control?

It's a sham of a hellish set up Pride and placing distance kept and cheap talk...

Talk is not cheap when you consider what is being said and what one has to say...

But hey all things are they come they go and they come around again similar and same ...

Model figure and physics and how things fast change and they too change back and tit and tat for pistons speed and how Wildomar is choking the heat alone...

Can't place myself alone in the place of making a difference one alone can't produce but then it's all done first time doers sure no prob. looks like a masterpiece in deed Lucky man lucky and that is how it goes?

Right out in the open and nothing more said life is but a task into the next to waking up and clean up crew?

A maker's tale and to his story and all that one so far has read well in writing too...silent to none words to add em' on like stories one to the next and when they tried to make it complicated and America to have been part in almost all their is to Culture and it's place within the world where some were placed as to unite and one for all and all for one who stands the tallest left was where at me surely not some other place and when one's mind has raised itself and not be placed too far away and not too far gone having to listen to it's all the same?

Life as scientific proof? Death as it occurs as it happened?

Stepping down and down and further just to get away from all right theories and to be wrong as it becomes wanted to be in every which way they serve they destruct they take away is it man made?

Of course the freak it is for no in special being would switch and turn and let so many suffer...

It's not real and what we can pick choose and do and what is available is what man is wanting...

No Spirit would enter into and be of what man has considered evil are all man's dealings there is that place that is LIFE invention and it does not matter to move to remain in still it does not cease it does not suffer nor does it instill ill...
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112854 May 14, 2014
THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX! Control your own thoughts, and you will be able to change your mind when you need to. The mind is a powerful thing, but you CAN change it...
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112855 May 14, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this omits the fact that both the ancient Greeks and Romans ALSO used eugenics, a couple of thousand years BEFORE the Theory of Evolution and Darwin, AND that eugenics uses ARTIFICIAL selection to do it's dirty work, using murder and sterilization, whereas evolution employs NATURAL selection.
BIG DIFFERENCE, but we would not expect you to understand.
The practitioners of eugenics seized upon the science of Darwin's Theory of Evolution to lend legitimacy to their twisted cause.
Moreover, eugenics PRIMARILY was founded upon the heredity theory by Mendel.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112856 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Darwinian evolution was the scientific foundation of eugenics. Eugenics was a racist "social movement". One of the early proponents of eugenics was Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood. The most famous advocate of eugenics was Hitler. A major opponent of eugenics was G.K. Chesterton as noted Catholic writer. Read the Wiki article below.
Ouch those f*cking Catholics.
(I am not a Catholic by the way).
Well, let's have a look upon the very founder of protestantism, Martin Luther.
He wrote the following works:
- "Von den Juden und Ihren Lügen" (On the Jews and Their Lies)
- "Vom Schem Hamphoras und vom Geschlecht Christi" (Of the Unknowable Name and the Generations of Christ). "Schem Hamphoras" isthe Jewish, Rabbinic designation for the unspeakable name of god
- Shortly before his death on February 18, 1546 Luther preached four sermons in Eisleben. To the last sermon he appended a "last warning against the Jews".

Let's see some quotes out of these devout works:
(Jews are) "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."
"They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."
(The synagogue) "a defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."

He argues that their synagogues and schools are to be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection,and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labour or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "we are at fault in not slaying them".

Luther also successfully campaigned against the Jews in Saxony, Brandenburg, and Silesia. In August 1536 Luther's prince, Elector of Saxony John Frederick, issued a mandate that prohibited Jews from inhabiting, engaging in business in, or passing through his realm.

Where did we see this kind of rabid anti-Semitism again?
In the same country Luther originated from, Germany, 400 years later.
A profound Christian nation, half Catholic, half protestant (mostly Lutheran).
Hitler was raised as a Catholic and in his infamous "Mein Kampf" and dozens of his rantings and speeches, he referred to the Almighty, explicitly mentioning that he intended to finish the work of the Almighty by "die Endlösung".

Anti-Semitism was a major theme of European history since the early Middle Ages. The main factor here is Christianity. The rabid anti-Semitism of Hitler and exercised in great diligence and devotion by the Christian nation of Germany was rooted in the century long Christian traditions of pogroms, Holy Inquisition murder and terror against the Jews in ALL Christian nations.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112857 May 14, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the Trekkers!
Fekhlar warned me to leave them alone...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112858 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
I am not the racist who gets on here and says we humans are a bunch of former apes?
Humans aren't former apes. All humans are apes.

And what's so racist by saying all life is connected via common ancestry?
SevenTee wrote:
But since you are an evolutionist and believe in "survival of the fittest" does that not mean that you believe in the strongest conquering the weakest?
How is one person surviving the flu "conquering" someone who doesn't? How is one wildebeest running from a volcano and surviving "conquering" the one that can't run fast enough? How is one tree capable of surviving a drastic environment change "conquering" a tree that can't?

Conquering anything at all is not necessary. It is merely an observable fact that, in general, organisms that can better adapt to their local environment will have a better chance of surviving than those that can't.

Only in the minds of the foolish does that translate into "Go and wipe out another group of people that you don't like just to prove you are stronger than them."
SevenTee wrote:
And doesn't that really mean that you support holding black people in bondage and forcing them to pick cotton in Georgia?
No.
SevenTee wrote:
After all the white people are stronger scientists and industrialists so naturally because of evolution this should be the natural selection and course of history.
All these people are better scientists than you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African-...

So obviously you are wrong, and natural selection should weed you out for being intellectually inferior.

But luckily for you evolution found altruism to be a survival advantage.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112859 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Darwinian evolution was the scientific foundation of eugenics.
Meaning eugenics would not have worked if evolution wasn't true. But any plant or animal breeders will tell you it works.
SevenTee wrote:
Eugenics was a racist "social movement".
Not necessarily racist, depending on how it is applied, but certainly prejudiced. For example it could be applied to the rich and poor, and therefore would affect anyone who was rich or poor no matter their colour. One could say corporate capitalists are guilty of this very thing as we speak.

Of course none of this has any bearing at all on the scientific validity of evolution.

Not to mention that, evolutionarily speaking, eugenics does NOT help survival. So basically eugenics kinda flies right in the face of natural selection.
SevenTee wrote:
The most famous advocate of eugenics was Hitler.
Who was also a famous Christian.

Godwin's Law invocation noted.
SevenTee wrote:
Both the public and some elements of the scientific community have associated eugenics with Nazi abuses, such as enforced "racial hygiene", human experimentation, and the extermination of "undesired" population groups.
So scientists you reject had a beef with eugenics. After all, your position IS at odds with the vast majority of the scientific community.

So congratulations for refuting yourself all over again.
SevenTee wrote:
Its most infamous proponent and practitioner was, however, Adolf Hitler who praised and incorporated eugenic ideas in Mein Kampf
Actually he talks FAR more about God in that book, using Him as justification for whatever views he liked. Oh, and you forgot to provide the citation from the fundie site you plagiarised this from.

So Seven, you said you were gonna refute me. But so far it's always us refuting you. Every single time. Then you insult us a lot as if it's supposed to mean anything.

You gonna apologise for lying yet?

You gonna explain why you think Piltdown is a fake when you reject all the scientific methodology used to find out it was fake in the first place?

You gonna get with the program and FINALLY refute evolution yet? Because no-one on Earth ever has.

Keep floundering, bub.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112860 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe whatever you wish.
But I am not the one who blindly follows a political / social quasi-religious cult movement like Evolutionism.
That's because the politico-social quasi-religious cult movement of evolutionism does not exist. That's why nobody here follows it.

What you DO follow is the politico-social quasi-religious cult movement of creationism. Your position is one of ignorance, a remnant of the Dark Ages. I mean seriously, you're living in the 21st century and you believe biological reality is wrong because you think the Flinstones is a science documentary which justifies the existence of invisible magic Jews.

Even you know this since you know that you're the one who has to lie to us all the time. We don't need to do that.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112861 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the racist who gets on here and says we humans are a bunch of former apes?
But since you are an evolutionist and believe in "survival of the fittest" does that not mean that you believe in the strongest conquering the weakest?
And doesn't that really mean that you support holding black people in bondage and forcing them to pick cotton in Georgia?
After all the white people are stronger scientists and industrialists so naturally because of evolution this should be the natural selection and course of history.
So you're happy being an idiot. Good for you! Although it''s nothing to be proud of

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112862 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe whatever you wish.
But I am not the one who blindly follows a political / social quasi-religious cult movement like Evolutionism.
You blindly follow the ignorant ramblings of ancient goat herders desperately trying to explain why those really loud booms come after the bright flashes of light in the sky... and why one of those bright flashes of light made Shemp a smoldering lump

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112863 May 14, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX! Control your own thoughts, and you will be able to change your mind when you need to. The mind is a powerful thing, but you CAN change it...
OH REEAAAAAALLLLYYYY????

I thought that was always to be somewhat Liberated and Diplomatic...

Compromising knowing what shoe goes on what foot. and do you prefer finger gloves or mittens.....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112864 May 14, 2014
If you can believe they are so far behind that they are shooting each other out of the air then nope I can't support that and will stand against that Idea....

How behind man kind has gotten or can t still dam near retardation special eds would have to feed the bill...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112865 May 14, 2014
I just read that this thread about some senior in high-school?

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#112866 May 14, 2014
PAINTBRUSH Artistry!!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112867 May 14, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
PAINTBRUSH Artistry!!
Is that some new study?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112870 May 14, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey apeman did you know that age dating markers cross contaminate. If a layer dates 1 million years old. And you bury a bone that dates only 100 years old in that 1 million year aged layer. Over a period of time the dating markers will cross contaminate the bone and make it date the same age as the layer. So regardless of how long ago that animal lived, it will date according to what layer it's found in. Which does not prove how long ago it lived. This is because the layer determines this, not time.
When you extract a fossilized bone (*note "FOSSILIZED"...we'll get into this later), that is imbedded within SOLID ROCK, this pretty much negates the possibility of a '100 year old bone' being placed there by other then natural means.

*Fossilized Bone*.

Damn. Where do I begin? A "100 year-old bone' will NEVER be mistaken for a FOSSIL.

Are you REALLY that ignorant?

A fossil is a TRACING, or impression -- IN MINERAL FORM (not ORGANIC, or bone)-- that replaces the original bone form. This process takes MILLIONS of years.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112871 May 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey apeman did you know that age dating markers cross contaminate. If a layer dates 1 million years old. And you bury a bone that dates only 100 years old in that 1 million year aged layer. Over a period of time the dating markers will cross contaminate the bone and make it date the same age as the layer. So regardless of how long ago that animal lived, it will date according to what layer it's found in. Which does not prove how long ago it lived. This is because the layer determines this, not time.
Now that's strange - because they never date a bone 1 million years old directly anyway. Nor even by the layer its in, which is nearly always undateable sedimentary rock.

They look for igneous layers above and below the sedimentary one, and date those, because only igneous layers can be radiometrically dated for anything over 60,000 years.

Now all you have to do is explain how the bone sneaked into the sedimentary layer between the two volcanic layers and you might have a case.

IN the case of some samples <60,000 years, only then, can the specific form of radiometric dating known as Carbon Dating be applied to the sample directly. And 60,000 years is not even enough to get started on evolutionary timescales, so your objection is incorrect and irrelevant.
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112872 May 15, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
OH REEAAAAAALLLLYYYY????
I thought that was always to be somewhat Liberated and Diplomatic...
Compromising knowing what shoe goes on what foot. and do you prefer finger gloves or mittens.....
YEAH REALLY1 The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open. ; )
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112873 May 15, 2014
Tinka wrote:
If you can believe they are so far behind that they are shooting each other out of the air then nope I can't support that and will stand against that Idea....
How behind man kind has gotten or can t still dam near retardation special eds would have to feed the bill...
When the feathers fly, then all you need to know is how to feather your nest with them. OH I know which side your bread is buttered on though, could it be EVOLUTION?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112874 May 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. But at least you agree that the Earth is at least a million years old then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 3 min Judy 123 37,862
News Ohio hospital drops rule requiring women to wea... 3 min a_visitor 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min a_visitor 217,255
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Judy 123 13,276
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 15 min Judy 123 3,529
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min Fish_sticks 21,936
Why are ciggaretts 20 a pack and why is pot goi... 16 min a_visitor 2
A to Z songs by title or group! 22 min xxxooxxx 1,828
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr The Finny 4,097
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Fish_sticks 75,317