Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#112702 May 9, 2014
Appears lately,THAT Mother Nature is SHAKING DOWN the Earth..getting READY for the NEXT Evolution CRAZE!!

How Else CAN ya explain the RADICAL behavior??

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112703 May 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said evolution is evil. I said it it impossible to prove scientifically and it useless fodder for heathens to try to debunk Christianity.
You do not seem to be able to see it is what it is.
Go to wiki "evidence of common descent".
The scientists don't seem to agree with you.
I am a sociobiologist myself.
TELL me, WHAT should I have missed in 35 years of professional literature and journals?
I can tell you that evolution is no issue at all within science.
And with good reason.

Hence, basically you are deceiving.
Deceiving because you have a PC and internet and access to the scientific sources.
So you are ignorant but ignorance is no excuse.

the Earth Clod

#112704 May 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Word of warning, Chuck makes SevenTee look like a frakking genius.
As you are used to end some of your posts: "shrug".
I shall ask him for empirical evidence until he gets nauseous of it and after some moron posts he will run "cluck, cluck" away like a chicken.

If he persists, we always have him letting doing his dodging dances to reveal openly for all other people to behold. Creationists are always doing our job in making them look like ignorant tattlers.

A very comfortable position - I can't help.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112705 May 9, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
Appears lately,THAT Mother Nature is SHAKING DOWN the Earth..getting READY for the NEXT Evolution CRAZE!!
How Else CAN ya explain the RADICAL behavior??
Mother nature got pregnant.:)

/|vvvv|\

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#112706 May 10, 2014
Americans not confident Big Bang or evolution is real, poll shows

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-big-ban...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112708 May 10, 2014
CM wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you're still long on falsehoods but miserably short on data.
Speaking of falsehoods, how are those Noah verses coming along, 70? You know - the biblical verses you say exist where he was mocked and the neighbor kids were invited aboard? The ones you said you've already provided will do fine - I seem to have missed them the first time around. I don't know how....
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your trolling
I would appreciate honesty and integrity. Get some.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112709 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick and sincere question 70,

On Noah - If God were serious on completely wiping the slate and starting over, why did he choose water and not, say, fire? Water spares all ocean-based life. Was God OK with fish, but not with bunnies?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112711 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows the answer to that?
The Bible refers to a cross breeding hybrid human that was an abomination.
Perhaps God was taking care of the Giant
Seems that he could have just struck down all of the giants with a genetically tailored virus and spared the bunnies and sparrows, but then I'm not religious so I don't do His thinking for Him.

the Earth Clod

#112712 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows the answer to that?
The Bible refers to a cross breeding hybrid human that was an abomination.
Perhaps God was taking care of the Giant
Creationist's science at its best: just ONE "why" question and what we got:

"Who knows".
"Perhaps".
"Giants".
"Cross breeding hybrid human that was an abomination".

Giants, my poor teeny-weeny, only feature in fairy tales, you know, those stories told to children before they go asleep. Did mom or dad forget to tell you that?

Always fun to stir up the simmering fire a bit and look what we get next to laugh about: what hybrid human? With other animal did he interbreed?

Can't wait, wasting away!

the Earth Clod

#112713 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how the creationists deal with questions they can't and won't answer.
Let's have a look at the other post you produced:

"Hybrid human".
"Giants".

Also in the bible:
- unicorns
- talking snake
- talking donkey
- Abaddon, a creature described as the king of a group of locust-like creatures with the faces of men, the hair of women, tails of scorpions, teeth of lions, wings that sound like the thunder of horses' hooves charging into battle and huge claws (ouch, a nasty one)
- Behemoth, another weird one who seems to hold his strength in the navel of his belly (do we have navels on other places then?), with a tail, who shallows complete rivers. Yeah!
- the Cherubim are really extravaganza. It is hard to describe: four heads (angel, man, lion, hawk), ox feet, wings etc. You even will not get those after the most severe bad LSD trip!
- then we have golim, a creature made entirely from inanimate matter and controlled by an eye in its forehead. The controller uses a globe, mirror, or bowl of water to control it. wow! Reminds me of some monster games.
- and than we have Ziz, an enormous Griffin-like bird creature that stood the earth but its head touching the sky. God-zilla!

What did you say again?
"I appreciate your trolling"
RIGHT.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#112714 May 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Americans not confident Big Bang or evolution is real, poll shows
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-big-ban...
Science is not done by polls, is it?

the Earth Clod

#112716 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can certainly understand how a heathen can get confused.
You try to explain based upon a theory of dinasaur bones, that sounds pretty silly to me
Go and consult a shrink.

Level 2

Location hidden

#112717 May 10, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
The process is corrupted when it is turned into a platform for political and social issues. Or when select facts are forwarded to validate a supposed hypothesis and dissent is not tolerated. They have corrupted themselves.

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas04171...

The Obama administration and liberal politicians in general seem to promote climate change fiction in order to gain even more dominance over our lives. Apparently controlling one-sixth of the economy through Obamacare isn't enough for them.

Most of the "reporting" on the subject is decidedly one-sided, including President Obama's claim in his last State of the Union address that "The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact." Science is never settled, or it wouldn't be science. It is constantly testing, probing and searching for new information. That's why science textbooks are regularly revised as new discoveries are made.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#112718 May 10, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor creationists.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#112719 May 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The process is corrupted when it is turned into a platform for political and social issues. Or when select facts are forwarded to validate a supposed hypothesis and dissent is not tolerated. They have corrupted themselves.
The Obama administration and liberal politicians in general seem to promote climate change fiction in order to gain even more dominance over our lives. Apparently controlling one-sixth of the economy through Obamacare isn't enough for them.
Most of the "reporting" on the subject is decidedly one-sided, including President Obama's claim in his last State of the Union address that "The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact." Science is never settled, or it wouldn't be science. It is constantly testing, probing and searching for new information. That's why science textbooks are regularly revised as new discoveries are made.
The President means that there is no longer controversy in the vast majority of the climate science community. All the relevant world science organizations agree that the world is warming fast and humans have a hand in it.

The deniers (like YOU apparently) are in the pay of the oil companies or working some other agenda.

And by far the most common way in our society that the "process of science is corrupted when it is turned into a platform for political and social issues" is when Christians like you politicize science in order to gain bandwidth and media time for discussion of your Bible beliefs.

the Earth Clod

#112720 May 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is off topic.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112721 May 10, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No guessing, it's observed. Evolution doesn't care if the universe was magically poofed (created) by God. All evolution needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. If you want to prove otherwise then you need to prove that life is in fact NOT here.
Creationism. Now THAT'S a guess.
So man in it's evolving can't create?
There are none mysteries left you guys are up the river and the river ran dry no fish no bears...

Out of the water...

What matters these days that life is but at the same time it isn't and what man seeks to do with existing...

Level 6

in a city...

#112722 May 10, 2014
The Dude wrote:
SevenTee.
It's his IQ, isn't it?
LOL

Level 6

in a city...

#112723 May 10, 2014
Book read facts are of plenty...Experiences please...

Power would be a real source and how to and what to use it for?

Man has no problem advancing and taking off with what they have got received to my experience anyway, though I have watched and seen them misuse much of what they have had in gain so one becomes shy and awaits..
People see it is as many things but seldom do they understand...

Worlds set apart and Culture differences they play a role in what people say what people observe and how people behave...

To go the distance and what one is up against?

To kill or to live through a minor infection?

What would you use? Things that make us stronger things to endure and things still depending (pending) where one is at, living through Religious law...

Due to some occurrences I can attest for one that Religious law is practiced and alive and sheds out Economics and to my sense it can only be a matter of time until that changes and the other side gets its turn...

Level 2

Location hidden

#112724 May 10, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
The President means that there is no longer controversy in the vast majority of the climate science community.
Who asked for your explanations?
All the relevant world science organizations agree that the world is warming fast and humans have a hand in it.
Yeah and there is big bucks in it. Create a problem out of thin air and then declare you have the solution, for a price, that is.
The deniers (like YOU apparently) are in the pay of the oil companies or working some other agenda.
What agenda is that? Oil companies my ass. Live without oil.
And by far the most common way in our society that the "process of science is corrupted when it is turned into a platform for political and social issues" is when Christians like you politicize science in order to gain bandwidth and media time for discussion of your Bible beliefs.
Hey you brought up the Bible dillweed, not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Shaddup 37,796
Obama Barrage! 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Jennifer Renee 7,834
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 9 min wichita-rick 336
True or False Game 10 min mr goodwrench 1,317
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min Crazy Beautiful 26,032
"I love it!" what about you? 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 20 min J ValJean 471
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Crazy Beautiful 152,907
Is it possible to....... 57 min Brandiiiiiiii 616
More from around the web