Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216598 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112785 May 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny how creationists will admit to over 90% down the phylogenetic tree of life is correct. They have no problem admitting that we are eukaryotes, belong to the phylum of chordata, are vertebrates, that we have four limbs and are therefore tetrapods, can suckle our young and therefore are mammals, some will even go so far as to admit that we are simians.
For some reason they have this terrible prejudice against the last steps.
Apparently you've had contact with more open minded creationists than I have.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112786 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up.
Now I think I will head down to the Cincinnati Zoo and make an ape-baby with one of the animals in the ape section of the park
Yeah, that's probably not a good idea. Alpha ape might not be real keen on you trying to mate with his female.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112787 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you, " evolutionist ".
What i said is true, there are numerous scientist of international repute that hold on to God the creator to date. Or are you saying, all scientist are atheist?
You shouldn't believe what you read on the Liars for Jesus blogs.
How many Christian "scientists of international repute" are biblical literalists, creationists, fundamentalists and deny evolution? A fraction of a percentage - and THAT is the source of what little "repute" they possess.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112788 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Science?
Yet science can not give us the real evidence of how the universe started. So, rephrase your statement. The answer is, no one knows.
and to rephrase YOUR statement, It's even safer to claim that Charles doesn't know.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112789 May 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's probably not a good idea. Alpha ape might not be real keen on you trying to mate with his female.
You discourage him just because a chimp could rip his arm off and beat him to death with it? He's offered to demonstrate how God gave him dominion over all the animals, I'd prefer not to watch, if you don't mind...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112790 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you've had contact with more open minded creationists than I have.
They are extremely rare and tend to accept the theory of evolution eventually.

There is a reason that the ones we deal with are called "creatards". It is amazing how incredibly stupid self imposed ignorance makes someone. They may be intelligent in other parts of their life but when it comes to this subject their ability to think logically fails them totally.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112791 May 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They are extremely rare and tend to accept the theory of evolution eventually.
There is a reason that the ones we deal with are called "creatards". It is amazing how incredibly stupid self imposed ignorance makes someone. They may be intelligent in other parts of their life but when it comes to this subject their ability to think logically fails them totally.
From what I've read regarding the religions of the world it's primarily a certain segment of "Christians" who are so insecure in their faith that they feel threatened by science. But then, we know what the dogmas and doctrines are that they are trying to defend with that mindset, so I suppose it might be somewhat understandable. Still indefensible and incorrigible of course.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112792 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is where you are failing. Science is man made, as a result of that, it is limited. Can science accurately tell you the time of your end? I hope you know that that end must surely come to reality?
We were discussing evolution here.
You can move the goalposts in other direction as you like.
I won't answer it because your post is out of context.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#112793 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Science has really done alot to humanity, but it is not the ultimate, that is where i want you to understand, the measurements and tools used for scientific analysis, is it not man made? As long as it is, science is limited, get that, and stop the shit.
This post is also completely out of context.
We were discussing evolution here not anything else.
My posts are within that context.
To expand it to the whole of reality is out of order here.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#112794 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you, " evolutionist ".
What i said is true, there are numerous scientist of international repute that hold on to God the creator to date. Or are you saying, all scientist are atheist?
No not all scientists are atheist.
But all scientists - also the believers among those - affirm evolution theory, especially those within the relevant disciplines (biology, genetics, paleontology, geology, biochemistry, where >99% of scientists endorse evolution).

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#112795 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No not all scientists are atheist.
But all scientists - also the believers among those - affirm evolution theory, especially those within the relevant disciplines (biology, genetics, paleontology, geology, biochemistry, where >99% of scientists endorse evolution).
I firmly believe a force cause creation of the universe . There was no time before that creation. I do not believe in the humanization of that force as the bible tells the story as best it can of creation. How can the created understand the created? I call those 4 forces in the big bang God but my idea of God is far different than organized religion

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112796 May 12, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I firmly believe a force cause creation of the universe . There was no time before that creation. I do not believe in the humanization of that force as the bible tells the story as best it can of creation. How can the created understand the created? I call those 4 forces in the big bang God but my idea of God is far different than organized religion
How do you reconcile cause and effect without time? There are other creation myths besides Genesis, there is no need to preferentially dote on it.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112797 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is also completely out of context.
We were discussing evolution here not anything else.
My posts are within that context.
To expand it to the whole of reality is out of order here.
TURKMENISTAN OWNS ENGLISH!!!

>:-(
Qwert

New York, NY

#112799 May 12, 2014
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you have factual proof that God is mythical?
Well, by Jupiter, let's hear it!
Shifting burden of proof is not a good thing to do. Christian, but not good.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112800 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record contains fossils of only complete and fully-formed species. There are no fossils of partially-evolved species to indicate that a gradual process of evolution ever occurred. Even among evolutionists there are diametrically different interpretations and reconstructions of the fossils used to support human evolution from a supposed ape-like ancestry.
Your train wreck strain of ignorance is remarkable. Just what do you think a "partially-evolved species" would look like? A fish with feathers or a dog without any feet? One can only picture what goes on in your mind... perhaps a platypus is what you think came about when God hiccupped at the wrong moment of breathing life into some outback mud.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#112801 May 12, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is about whatever you care about or want to make it about.
Hahahaha yeah that once sounded like there was a whole big world out there...

How many Germans do you know that got baptized here just to become Mormon...

It's a find alright like finding a needle in a haystack...I guess Mormonism alone wasn't enough taking on their calling one by one right after another...

Things we have to store away first and then what's left slim picking is what through all of it....

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#112802 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record contains fossils of only complete and fully-formed species. There are no fossils of partially-evolved species to indicate that a gradual process of evolution ever occurred.

WHAT??? No crocoducks?

[QUOTE who="SevenTee"]Even among evolutionists there are diametrically different interpretations and reconstructions of the fossils used to support human evolution from a supposed ape-like ancestry.
"diametrically different" Has any one pointed out to you that you are clueless?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112803 May 12, 2014
Qwert wrote:
<quoted text>
Shifting burden of proof is not a good thing to do. Christian, but not good.
Is it a Christian thing to wish death upon those that have encountered more than a Christian is aware of?

Addressing by Christian...*You know you are special, don't you*?*Can we pray with you*?*And........you know.......death....* Leutering is what it is, I am my own front and they get too close in public...is what*
What I want to know in Religion which to had come first I can only wish it was those that carry a cross and chime a bell...Because seems some had entered and made it even more confusing than it was ever before...

But that must be so LIFE and we wants from it...Seems there has to be a limit somewhere, for one how many in time had wishes of it just all heading south the whole friggin' planet just take it and get it all done with....And to honestly think that already has taken place too...

If one thinks they know Christ surely they would be in the family of Atheists and Heathens...

Do little for Klan man and loads for those that stand behind and beside em' the none Christian that is the one that would let someone rest already and not drag their death and life around and use him to what do they do cash in, don't you think?

One's for gain the other for pain the one can heal but not all and so are they actually trying to find the real bloodline and then what?
What would come of it?

One friggin filthy rich ass family that ought to be...

So Christians my life and the feeling of choke'ing...at times it feels there is no air and they are all at your neck for what I don't know...
A place is a place filled with people seems weird to have been running free for 18 years abroad but then to manageabilities here one has all sorts of run ins...

In a third world state of poverty people watch each other starve and some get lucky seems with much here getting lucky people watch each other doing all sort of crazy shit...

Is that some new evolution or was it really always like that, or is it I just really got sucked into Religious self right status and their freak show?

What Religion faces people with ...Everything under the sky their freak Hell too...

So my world wish it was that easy to keep on track with that here, but it seems there are oppositions to good things...

So who the freak is freakier than thou?
Tthe top at the bottom... Where? Somewhere there still are remains of regularities aren't despite of what one has encountered not everyone has to make Hero status or has to decide right away what it is all good for now or?

Is that something God does he gives and then he wants his pay up like asap?

Natural things with new to modern and to that MAN and what man can fuck up...They must fix and usually they do so when can one decide not having to answer to man anymore?

A different wall a screen me thinks Berliner air should be should have been added here a long time ago...

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#112804 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Forensic study, carbon dating, etc?
So, what next?
Just admit, science is still, despite its effort.
Do what?
Science is still? WTH is that supposed to mean jungle buoy?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112805 May 12, 2014
I meant aren't there....but doesn't matter for I heard one can not change things...

So if nothing seems to fit just right...and they have taken Governments responsibilities for the lack of oversight un believable honest to goodness within town how many people had shit outside...

And they speak of some drunk pissing at a curb between two cars still enough sense to hide and that is the talk of the town...

How anyone wants to swing things around or they found their straight path...seems mine is a windy curvy road...

Don't get me wrong the amazing things I wouldn't change those give them up for nothing..

I wouldn't put myself up for roasting anymore in 120 F and if someone can't get their head around that they may already have fried their cells years back, at what age? Nor am I willing to agree to all things...

And Raptures are real...

I guess maybe so nothing I ever questioned but maybe until then as to anyone truly feeling their wake up they just don't know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 min UnderstandPeople 33,971
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Old Sam 22,125
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 8 min WasteWater 940
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min Old Sam 5,259
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 9 min Old Sam 5,753
2words into 2new words (May '12) 9 min Old Sam 6,723
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 12 min Old Sam 15,189
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min ALways wrong 66,963
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 36 min Suezanne 10,553
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 206,685
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 3 hr Princess Hey 98
More from around the web