Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112637 May 7, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is (at best) a wild wild guess. Evolution is a fact as it has been tested empirically.
Tested? And hence the debate. Lol
Nothing can elvolve without a cause or maker.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112638 May 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to spell ASSumptions.
This whole business of trying to analyze date that is 20 million years old is a crock. Science does not work that way. You are practicing geology which is a useless profession unless you are trying to find oil or natural gas.
Geology is a useless profession? Too funny.

We know how to spell "ass" too.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112639 May 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole business of trying to analyze date that is 20 million years old is a crock. Science does not work that way. You are practicing geology which is a useless profession unless you are trying to find oil or natural gas.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Still waiting for those Noah verses, btw.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112640 May 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you fundies post something that can't be out-dumbed you still manage to do it somehow.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112641 May 7, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
So why evolution first before the cause( creation)?
It wasn't. The universe began 13.71 billion years ago. Evolution started about 3.5 billion years ago. Hence evolution doesn't violate cause and effect.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tested? And hence the debate. Lol
Nothing can elvolve without a cause or maker.
I gave you the causes of evolution - the mechanisms I previously mentioned a few hours ago.

As for debate, there is no scientific debate over the validity of evolution. As far as science is concerned evolution is a fact.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112643 May 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And WHY do you think that geology succeeds so well in finding coal and gas?

Do you happen to have ANY SUBSTANTIAL arguments for your tattle?
Did you EVER read a book on geology?
No?
No.
So WHAT precisely entitles you to assess it?
Nothing.

Do you REALLY think that the layman's tattle by some ignorant, who even didn't undertook any effort to get acquainted to the things he criticizes, the LEAST demand of decent debate, matters?

"Science does not work that way".
And your qualifications are?

Good heavens, WHAT A CRAP.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112644 May 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
...Science does not work that way.
Really.

So tell us 70, how DOES science work?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112645 May 7, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
So tell us 70, how DOES science work?
<predicted by SevenT> "...well in the BIBLE it sez...".

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112646 May 7, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing can elve without a cause. This is where you guys are getting it wrong.

Says the rube who says England owns the English language.

Okay, whatever.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112648 May 8, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the rube who says England owns the English language.
Okay, whatever.
NOOOOOOO!

*covering face with hands*

You reminded him. Prepare for the next 17-page wave of Charles English babble.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112649 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the kid who can't win at a chess game and whines, "I'm quitting 'cause you guys don't play fair!" when the simple truth is he's just pathetically incompetent and is unwilling to learn. Does that make him the "bigger of the two?"
What does that have to do with life a game?

I think all things by now have been tried and nothing makes a dam of difference to some ...

No of course it does not...
But how many is playing against in one game? How many does it take to win?
He may be smart to cut his throat now and get it done do it in peace and private oh hey is that against policy to speak of death?

Later I have no patience for this place much at all anymore...

Nice put together's though the threads how they develop and people seem to know a lot of sheet...

America has a certain way doesn't it? well you would maybe not know you prolly were born here ...
Sad Enlightenment

Beverly, MA

#112650 May 8, 2014
Why does it have to be either or? Is it not possible that there is another way life came to be that has nothing to do with either theory? We don't know what we don't know. So why all this debate about two theories that could both be incorrect? What a colossal waste of time!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#112651 May 8, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Says who?
Says the non-nutters with a modicum of understanding of the science.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112652 May 8, 2014
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
Why does it have to be either or?
Ask the fundamentalists. They are the one pushing that it *HAS* to be the way as it is told in Genesis.
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
Is it not possible that there is another way life came to be that has nothing to do with either theory?
Is is "possible". However, there would need to be evidence.

You might also note the the Theory of Evolution does not address how life came to be but how it evolved over time once it began. A small detail you may want to reference in the future.
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
We don't know what we don't know.
Thanks Captain Obvious. That helps a lot.
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
So why all this debate about two theories that could both be incorrect?
Again, there would need to be evidence. Got any?
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
What a colossal waste of time!
So why are you here? Just to waste some of your valuable time? Or to give yourself a misplaced sense of superiority?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112653 May 8, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with life a game?
I think all things by now have been tried and nothing makes a dam of difference to some ...
No of course it does not...
But how many is playing against in one game? How many does it take to win?
He may be smart to cut his throat now and get it done do it in peace and private oh hey is that against policy to speak of death?
Later I have no patience for this place much at all anymore...
Nice put together's though the threads how they develop and people seem to know a lot of sheet...
America has a certain way doesn't it? well you would maybe not know you prolly were born here ...
If I start making baseless assertions such as, the flood really happened because God the E.T. melted the ice sheets, that Jonah had a stenographer with him in the fish or that languages are all owned by the Tower of Babel, I should expect to be corrected by all comers. It wouldn't be a gold star for the day mark of my character to cry about it and say in effect "I'm taking my marbles and running home!"

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#112654 May 8, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing can elve without a cause. This is where you guys are getting it wrong.
Quantum physicists would disagree, and they have masses of evidence to prove it.

But that is not the point. Evolution is not causeless, in fact the whole theory is about the causes of species change over time.

PS: Evolution has nothing to do with how the universe got here, or how life started. That is where you guys are (ALWAYS) getting it wrong.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112655 May 8, 2014
Sad Enlightenment wrote:
Why does it have to be either or? Is it not possible that there is another way life came to be that has nothing to do with either theory? We don't know what we don't know. So why all this debate about two theories that could both be incorrect? What a colossal waste of time!
sigh. Once more, the ToE doesn't have anything to do with the "way life came to be" and Creationism/Intelligent Design isn't a theory, it doesn't even rate as a hypothesis.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#112656 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ASSes are what you would still be getting around on if scientists had listened to the likes of you 200 years ago. Keep whining on your computer though, you still get the benefits of their work.

Level 6

in a city...

#112658 May 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I start making baseless assertions such as, the flood really happened because God the E.T. melted the ice sheets, that Jonah had a stenographer with him in the fish or that languages are all owned by the Tower of Babel, I should expect to be corrected by all comers. It wouldn't be a gold star for the day mark of my character to cry about it and say in effect "I'm taking my marbles and running home!"
Well some of us may love to talk to our marbles...lol and home for some these days has real meaning harsher than before...
Some of us actually endured the elements of living outside...
I am going to look up job in the scipts today there might be something hidden and have you heard they supposedly found a bible that tells that Jesus never was crucified...
Crazy sheet Religion if you ask me...

Oh and what is it now before Congress gets into session big prayer they just ok'd that The justice dep...

Level 6

in a city...

#112659 May 8, 2014
As sumption sounds to me like some tricky comp math creation where they can place data within all of the real things and linger while the wise people as sumingly think....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 14 min Princess Hey 7,308
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,652
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,351
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 29 min Analog man 1,801
Crazy Man Dumped to River 1 hr Suzanne843 1
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Asherah_con 13
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 2 hr Kapil 756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 151,111
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Bill Cosby 5 hr FTW Forever 223
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 9 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE