Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112780 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists don't do science in the my world or in reality. If they did, they wouldn't be creationists.
And you, " evolutionist ".
What i said is true, there are numerous scientist of international repute that hold on to God the creator to date. Or are you saying, all scientist are atheist?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112781 May 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it do? OK, thanks.
The Viking Scots by name, ChristineM would hate this. Any way, you have said the truth. Some people, if not many, do hate that.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112782 May 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammar tip -don't forget the article - "we have [A] scientist..."
For someone who fights the English cause, you sure suck at it.
I am not perfect. I have never claimed that. I only stand against what is not true, the truth, English, which is the language that is spoken extensively in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, etc, began in England.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112783 May 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Translated:'I don't understand science so let's argue about English'.
Typical oature of humans. But you initially admitted that there was no argument about English and its roots. Are you a chameleon?
Charles Idemi

Atlanta, GA

#112784 May 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Charles..that's all science can give you.
All we have is evidence of how, but we don't have an exact explanation.
All we can do is extrapolate backward using this evidence, in attempt to explain it.
But we do know many things, but we may never know for sure.
Just like forensic science, which can deduce what happened.
Forensic study, carbon dating, etc?
So, what next?
Just admit, science is still, despite its effort.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112785 May 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny how creationists will admit to over 90% down the phylogenetic tree of life is correct. They have no problem admitting that we are eukaryotes, belong to the phylum of chordata, are vertebrates, that we have four limbs and are therefore tetrapods, can suckle our young and therefore are mammals, some will even go so far as to admit that we are simians.
For some reason they have this terrible prejudice against the last steps.
Apparently you've had contact with more open minded creationists than I have.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112786 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up.
Now I think I will head down to the Cincinnati Zoo and make an ape-baby with one of the animals in the ape section of the park
Yeah, that's probably not a good idea. Alpha ape might not be real keen on you trying to mate with his female.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112787 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you, " evolutionist ".
What i said is true, there are numerous scientist of international repute that hold on to God the creator to date. Or are you saying, all scientist are atheist?
You shouldn't believe what you read on the Liars for Jesus blogs.
How many Christian "scientists of international repute" are biblical literalists, creationists, fundamentalists and deny evolution? A fraction of a percentage - and THAT is the source of what little "repute" they possess.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112788 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Science?
Yet science can not give us the real evidence of how the universe started. So, rephrase your statement. The answer is, no one knows.
and to rephrase YOUR statement, It's even safer to claim that Charles doesn't know.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112789 May 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's probably not a good idea. Alpha ape might not be real keen on you trying to mate with his female.
You discourage him just because a chimp could rip his arm off and beat him to death with it? He's offered to demonstrate how God gave him dominion over all the animals, I'd prefer not to watch, if you don't mind...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112790 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you've had contact with more open minded creationists than I have.
They are extremely rare and tend to accept the theory of evolution eventually.

There is a reason that the ones we deal with are called "creatards". It is amazing how incredibly stupid self imposed ignorance makes someone. They may be intelligent in other parts of their life but when it comes to this subject their ability to think logically fails them totally.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112791 May 12, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They are extremely rare and tend to accept the theory of evolution eventually.
There is a reason that the ones we deal with are called "creatards". It is amazing how incredibly stupid self imposed ignorance makes someone. They may be intelligent in other parts of their life but when it comes to this subject their ability to think logically fails them totally.
From what I've read regarding the religions of the world it's primarily a certain segment of "Christians" who are so insecure in their faith that they feel threatened by science. But then, we know what the dogmas and doctrines are that they are trying to defend with that mindset, so I suppose it might be somewhat understandable. Still indefensible and incorrigible of course.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112792 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is where you are failing. Science is man made, as a result of that, it is limited. Can science accurately tell you the time of your end? I hope you know that that end must surely come to reality?
We were discussing evolution here.
You can move the goalposts in other direction as you like.
I won't answer it because your post is out of context.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112793 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Science has really done alot to humanity, but it is not the ultimate, that is where i want you to understand, the measurements and tools used for scientific analysis, is it not man made? As long as it is, science is limited, get that, and stop the shit.
This post is also completely out of context.
We were discussing evolution here not anything else.
My posts are within that context.
To expand it to the whole of reality is out of order here.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#112794 May 12, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you, " evolutionist ".
What i said is true, there are numerous scientist of international repute that hold on to God the creator to date. Or are you saying, all scientist are atheist?
No not all scientists are atheist.
But all scientists - also the believers among those - affirm evolution theory, especially those within the relevant disciplines (biology, genetics, paleontology, geology, biochemistry, where >99% of scientists endorse evolution).

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#112795 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No not all scientists are atheist.
But all scientists - also the believers among those - affirm evolution theory, especially those within the relevant disciplines (biology, genetics, paleontology, geology, biochemistry, where >99% of scientists endorse evolution).
I firmly believe a force cause creation of the universe . There was no time before that creation. I do not believe in the humanization of that force as the bible tells the story as best it can of creation. How can the created understand the created? I call those 4 forces in the big bang God but my idea of God is far different than organized religion

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112796 May 12, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I firmly believe a force cause creation of the universe . There was no time before that creation. I do not believe in the humanization of that force as the bible tells the story as best it can of creation. How can the created understand the created? I call those 4 forces in the big bang God but my idea of God is far different than organized religion
How do you reconcile cause and effect without time? There are other creation myths besides Genesis, there is no need to preferentially dote on it.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112797 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is also completely out of context.
We were discussing evolution here not anything else.
My posts are within that context.
To expand it to the whole of reality is out of order here.
TURKMENISTAN OWNS ENGLISH!!!

>:-(
Qwert

New York, NY

#112799 May 12, 2014
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you have factual proof that God is mythical?
Well, by Jupiter, let's hear it!
Shifting burden of proof is not a good thing to do. Christian, but not good.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112800 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record contains fossils of only complete and fully-formed species. There are no fossils of partially-evolved species to indicate that a gradual process of evolution ever occurred. Even among evolutionists there are diametrically different interpretations and reconstructions of the fossils used to support human evolution from a supposed ape-like ancestry.
Your train wreck strain of ignorance is remarkable. Just what do you think a "partially-evolved species" would look like? A fish with feathers or a dog without any feet? One can only picture what goes on in your mind... perhaps a platypus is what you think came about when God hiccupped at the wrong moment of breathing life into some outback mud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 27,256
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 10 min INFIDEL 217
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 18 min Princess Hey 736
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 19 min david04 2,321
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 19 min Princess Hey 49,894
* crazy passwords * 48 min Princess Hey 40
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 56 min Princess Hey 17,629
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr avon5735 223,300
True False Game (Jun '11) 2 hr avon5735 15,552
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr Brandiiiiiiii 6,022
More from around the web