Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222017 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#112755 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up.
Now I think I will head down to the Cincinnati Zoo and make an ape-baby with one of the animals in the ape section of the park
The Cincinnati Zoo called and wanted to say that what you were doing with those gorillas is never going to result in a conception. They also said you can keep the banana.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112756 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Geology? LMAO
Of course.

The universe was made 6000 years ago, right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112757 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Geology? LMAO

What do you have against science?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112758 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I think I will head down to the Cincinnati Zoo and make an ape-baby with one of the animals in the ape section of the park

You can't do that. I DO welcome you trying, however. I doubt you could get a different species of ape to mate with you. They would consider you too dumb and ugly to mate with.

Do you understand that Ape is a broader category than a species?

Never mind. Look who I am asking.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112759 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing simpleton.
Let me get this straight, you are claiming to know what life on earth was like 2-3 Million Years ago?

Yes. Very much. We have the fossil and DNA records of living things back much longer than that.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to claim such things as FACT?

The sun is also a giant nuclear furnace. Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to claim such things as FACT?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand there are theories and best educated guesses on the limited information we have but seriously that is pretty stupid to make assertions.

You don't understand what a theory is.

What I don't understand is why someone so blitheringly ignorant of science as yourself, would choose to embarrass himself by making his ignorant public.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112760 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Geology? LMAO
At least you openly admit your idiocy.

Idiocy can be cured by education. It may not be too late, even for you.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#112762 May 11, 2014

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#112763 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Damns they are only like 3 Apes...
A.p.s.
N/p/s/
should have been B before the 60 mark to alphabet bet?
to A and O...m in the middle and well what ever it means an OMA...

A bunch of frigging re paly and then the hillside it just don't frigging lie does it was it painted on a picture ....oh yeah and carved in stone they did a few things paints too...here you sit and I hear you....

Lates lets just sit back and watch in....
I am here sitting so are you sitting next to me? Are we here then where ever it may be....

For all I care we could be under water in the tomorrow [present...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#112764 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has cleared up in you, you STILL don't get it.
Could someone then please tell us inform us as to what this life is about?

Can we cut the science the techno bull the Religious outburst and get just with what can be done? About is it the hunger the starving people?

Can we help them or can that be left to the Christians to over see...

Must everyone be part in one circular devotion to another?

Can one just exist and dam where is that oh and please do NOT TELL ME TAHT TO BE AN AMERICAN THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO DO OUT DO SOMEONE>>>>>

Because I am still a what a wishy washy??????

OH HELL FRIGGIN REALLY??????????

YOU ARE SO DECICIVE YOU JUST TO ALL to UN....it.ed so then there where is THAT AMERICA??????????

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112765 May 12, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Could someone then please tell us inform us as to what this life is about?
Can we cut the science the techno bull the Religious outburst and get just with what can be done? About is it the hunger the starving people?
Can we help them or can that be left to the Christians to over see...
Must everyone be part in one circular devotion to another?
Can one just exist and dam where is that oh and please do NOT TELL ME TAHT TO BE AN AMERICAN THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO DO OUT DO SOMEONE>>>>>
Because I am still a what a wishy washy??????
OH HELL FRIGGIN REALLY??????????
YOU ARE SO DECICIVE YOU JUST TO ALL to UN....it.ed so then there where is THAT AMERICA??????????
Life is about whatever you care about or want to make it about.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112766 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing simpleton.
Let me get this straight, you are claiming to know what life on earth was like 2-3 Million Years ago?
Do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to claim such things as FACT?
I understand there are theories and best educated guesses on the limited information we have but seriously that is pretty stupid to make assertions.
If I am ever accused of murder, I sincerely hope you are on the jury. Especially if I did it.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112767 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure you choose one of the apes outside the cages, looking in.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112768 May 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an interesting video , but it makes emphasis on a point or snapshot in evolutionary history that by his own reasoning fails in logic.
Because technically we can go back further and make emphasis on a earlier branch.
So humans are tetra-pods or are we fish maybe just eukaryote, we are microbial , I am LUCA.
So for clarity we have to look at LCA's to define what we are. It makes little sense to call an eagle a theropod , or a human a monkey. Our LCA is hominini and that puts us cousins to chimps and therefore apes.
Really, since we can chase our classification all the way up the nested hierarchy to the root and it makes sense at every level depending on the context, why not?. We are hominids are apes are monkeys are primates are placental mammals are mammals are vertebrates are eukaryotes, each fully and equally...

Level 6

Location hidden

#112769 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Geology? LMAO
Yes, 7T, Geologists know absolutely nothing about anything and you know better.

Dunning Kruger strikes again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112770 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just operating on the information you provided.
You said I was an ape
It is just a sarcastic response to the stupidity of your BS
Sarcasm is all you have.

If we're the ones who are stupid then how come you can't refute us?

And why do you claim Piltdown to be fake when it was found to be fake using evolutionary science that you reject?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112771 May 12, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The process is corrupted when it is turned into a platform for political and social issues. Or when select facts are forwarded to validate a supposed hypothesis and dissent is not tolerated. They have corrupted themselves.
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas04171...
The Obama administration and liberal politicians in general seem to promote climate change fiction in order to gain even more dominance over our lives. Apparently controlling one-sixth of the economy through Obamacare isn't enough for them.
Most of the "reporting" on the subject is decidedly one-sided, including President Obama's claim in his last State of the Union address that "The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact." Science is never settled, or it wouldn't be science. It is constantly testing, probing and searching for new information. That's why science textbooks are regularly revised as new discoveries are made.
Uh, yeah, science is a big liberal conspiracy that only allows certain facts to be presented which is why they have to update textbooks all the time and you came here to tell us this using your computer.

You're one big massive walking contradiction, ain'cha bub?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112772 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your trolling
BONG!!! Irony meter go boom.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112773 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said evolution is evil. I said it it impossible to prove scientifically
It is easily demonstrated empirically via the scientific method, and you were shown how. So far you have not been able to refute it.

Neither has anyone else on the entire planet.

There's a REASON for that.
SevenTee wrote:
and it useless fodder for heathens to try to debunk Christianity.
Literalistic Creationism was debunked centuries ago. As for theism in general that can't be debunked scientifically because it's irrelevant to science. Evolution is only affected by these in the political arena because uneducated idiots hate biology and want to ruin science education for everybody else. You support this uneducated movement.
SevenTee wrote:
You do not seem to be able to see it is what it is.
Actually I do. You don't. Otherwise you would have presented a rational coherent rebuttal by now. You can't. All you can do is be sarcastic and lie a lot. That's the best your side has.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#112774 May 12, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, since we can chase our classification all the way up the nested hierarchy to the root and it makes sense at every level depending on the context, why not?. We are hominids are apes are monkeys are primates are placental mammals are mammals are vertebrates are eukaryotes, each fully and equally...
I may agree somewhat but for the sake of clarity.
If you want to define something clearly it becomes muddled.
Yes if you look at the genome we can see a pathway, but to pinpoint what we are, you have to look at the sprout , to define what we were made of, the roots.
If you skip the sprout, you could be talking about something else altogether.
Because of this we aren't monkeys at all, though we are made of some of the same stuff.
Otherwise rocket ships become wheels, if that makes any sense to you.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112775 May 12, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT guessing but backed up by evidence.
YOU are ignorant so YOU do not know.
WE do.
By admission of science.
Science?
Yet science can not give us the real evidence of how the universe started. So, rephrase your statement. The answer is, no one knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Sharlene45 220,945
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 29 min Do The Dance 24,110
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 31 min Boink face 2,884
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 33 min Boink face 995
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 35 min Boink face 563
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 47 min Concerned_American 62,115
News The key to a healthy old age - get a dog 48 min Parden Pard 3
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 52 min Sublime1 4,677
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 3 hr Joi C 2,164
More from around the web