Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,333)

Showing posts 106,641 - 106,660 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that Spoko, I guess. But regardless of the version told over time, the question remains - how could someone narrate the unfolding of the event, when even the Captain would have been oblivious to the events during those 40 days of rain? And according to logic from the 'good book', he was the only survivor to witness such an event.
So as long as we're on the same page - Noah was not, or did not have to be qualified, as a navigator. There was no propulsion as we know it on his ship - no means of actually navigating his vessel - just a means of survival-by-floating for him and his cargo. Floating away amidst what was surly a very agitated sea, being a result of a global flood in all but 40 days worth of rain. Yet there were details on precisely how high the flood waters reached.
Really?
"The boat came to rest on a mountain". OK, but according to some hard-core creationist on this very topic, there were no mountains before the flood. Earth was a "flat sphere". Mountains came to be after the flood during a ...whatever, creationist babble.
Also, how did the 'ark' come to 'rest on a mountain', since there was no way to navigate, and no way to actually propel the vessel to a pre-determined point of high ground? There's always the possibility of "pure luck", but really - what are the chances? We could ask Polymath to try to grasp the odds, but really - would it be necessary? I think not.
Your preaching to the choir ...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
...gets a "Goddidit-stop being arrogant and don't ask those questions...
And this is the first time I used the expression "Goddidit". See what you made me do HTS? You're an ahole.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wait till you read my next sermons then.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have another How's That for Stupid classic moment. Atheists do not "deny God". In fact they are much more open minded to the existence of gods than idiots like you, HST. The problem is that there is no objective evidence for the existence of gods. Show us the objective evidence and we will change our minds.
And of course the idiocy continues. No, we do not imagine how we would design life. Our belief is based upon what the objective evidence says and using the scientific method. You know you lazy moron, the method that developed the tools you use so that you can enjoy the internet.
So do you have anything besides brain-dead statements yet? Or is the acronym that is used to you still amazingly accurate?
I think his acronym is "Hard to swallow"

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK HTS, you've moved on from ignorant to intolerably arrogant.
Firstly, you1re assuming evreryone against your logic is an atheist. I for one am not an atheist, and have never claimed to be.
Your admitted belief is that Atheism = Arrogance. How arrogant is THAT statement?
You accuse atheists of assuming the role of God. You're wrong. They are simply referring to science and fact to question the existence of God. According to the Almighty-You, this is not acceptable.
Yes, "he" ridicules SOME ancient scripture (e.g., Bible), myself included, asking creationists to explain some rather difficult points to believe, and in gets a "Goddidit-stop being arrogant and don't ask those questions" response from the Almighty-You.
A quote directly from your response to Dan above: "...there is an utter refusal [by atheists] to consider a level of logic above his own. Wrong. There is no logic from a creationist's point of view, only speculation and faith. And I'm almost certain that every evolutionist on this thread would be very open to any form of logic or proof of biblical events, and would openly appreciate the evidence. My arrogant self included.
Quoting you once again, "This attitude is unfortunately rampant throughout the halls of academia" How the F*ck would you know?
Face it. HTS is simply a dick.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest mistakes that atheists make is to presume to know how a God should act, if He does exist. It is a manifestation of consummate arrogance coupled with profound ignorance. Unfortunately, evolutionists have been falling prey to this fallacy since the time of Charles Darwin. You presume that your childish logic can explain all of the mysteries of the universe, because you assume that no intelligence exists greater than your own.
Sure it does.

It's just not in the creationist population.(shrug)

Explain orthology hooter.
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The atheist mindset is one of unbelievable arrogance, and that attitude is manifest in your reckless, uncalculated statements. Because there is a denial of God, the atheist plays God himself, imagining that if he were in charge, he would have designed life this way or that way. He ridicules ancient scripture because he assumes that man's puny logic and understanding are sufficient to comprehend the whole of reality. Since he assumes that man's intelligence is supreme in the universe, there is an utter refusal to consider a level of logic above his own. This attitude is unfortunately rampant throughout the halls of academia.
How can we deny something that you can't even demonstrate?

Remember:
HTS wrote:
to presume to know how a God should act, if He does exist.
... is...
HTS wrote:
One of the biggest mistakes
Therefore it is not logical to presume such an entity exists due to the lack of evidence.
So in just one post I've shown you why creationism is not seriously considered and you've agreed by pointing out there would be little point. So there really is no point in bringing up creationism/ID in any way shape or form whatsoever.

So explain orthology Hooter.
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK HTS, you've moved on from ignorant to intolerably arrogant.
No he hasn't. He's always been this way.(shrug)
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his acronym is "Hard to swallow"
Well I thought it was "Then", but...

:-/
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it. HTS is simply a dick.
Never in the field of human description was so much accuracy bestowed by so few to so many!

Folks, this man has wisdom.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest mistakes that atheists make is to presume to know how a God should act, if He does exist. It is a manifestation of consummate arrogance coupled with profound ignorance. Unfortunately, evolutionists have been falling prey to this fallacy since the time of Charles Darwin. You presume that your childish logic can explain all of the mysteries of the universe, because you assume that no intelligence exists greater than your own.
How very strange is it that your god acted exactly how a primitive man thought and acted.
But to make it even more contrived the concept of god evolved exactly as mans ideals evolved.
Changing exactly how mans ideals changed and mirrored him throughout history.
You see you are arguing about the man in the mirror, god created man in his own image.
You see the man in the mirror? He created god. And the man in the mirror created you.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you admit its an educated guess.
By educated, I suppose you mean,informed, and by "very little" you must be referring to the consistent set of discoveries in the fossil record and the genome, along with independently corroborating evidence from lab experiments, embryology, genetic algorithms, atavisms, and so on.
You know, all that evidence that creationism did not even suspect existed and cannot explain away today, but evolution explains and in many cases predicted.
An educated guess trumps ignorance based on wishful thinking any day.
An educated guess is far removed from fact.

I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.

But to blindly follow evolution is very cult-like

Reminds me of the big bangists, scientologists and unitarians

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.
Why do you people continually get confused between proven science and hypothesis? Evolution is a fact, it is also an observation.
'the origin of life is STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.
There is only hypothesis and nothing concrete in this study, but educated guesses is all we have before the discovery and the theory that explains it all completely.
Which btw evolution has done quite well in doing so.
But origin, now that is a door that leads to many doors and no one is sure which set of doors is the right set of doors towards explaining it.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptists, Catholics, Methodists, Episcapalians, Chruch of God, Church of Christ...

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is science and science is not blindly followed, no matter how often you claim it is.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you people continually get confused between proven science and hypothesis? Evolution is a fact, it is also an observation.
'the origin of life is STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.
There is only hypothesis and nothing concrete in this study, but educated guesses is all we have before the discovery and the theory that explains it all completely.
Which btw evolution has done quite well in doing so.
But origin, now that is a door that leads to many doors and no one is sure which set of doors is the right set of doors towards explaining it.
There is a complete lack of fossil record

Some excavator finds a "Lucy" and starts to tell people that is a subhuman form of modern man and people fall for that crap.

No that is about as credible as the coming Ice Age or Global Warming.

A few centuries from now people will laugh at the idiocy of the common evolution belief system. It will be like the flat earth theory and the sun revolving around the sun theory.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Some excavator finds a "Lucy" and starts to tell people that is a subhuman form of modern man and people fall for that crap.
A few centuries from now people will laugh at the idiocy of the common evolution belief system. It will be like the flat earth theory and the sun revolving around the sun theory.
How cute.

You think that "Lucy" is the only Australopithecus afarensis fossil found, eh?

That's adorable!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who dug your fossilized brain up and chipped it out of the Flintstones movie?

Dumbass

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute.
You think that "Lucy" is the only Australopithecus afarensis fossil found, eh?
That's adorable!
Of course she was not the first, nor by any means the last. It is amazing how many creationists think that there was only one "Lucy" found or one Homo erectus. Or even just one "Peking Man". Of course there is the first famous one found for any fossil species, that of course does not mean that many more cannot be found later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 106,641 - 106,660 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••