Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
106,621 - 106,640 of 113,231 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his acronym is "Hard to swallow"
Well I thought it was "Then", but...

:-/
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it. HTS is simply a dick.
Never in the field of human description was so much accuracy bestowed by so few to so many!

Folks, this man has wisdom.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest mistakes that atheists make is to presume to know how a God should act, if He does exist. It is a manifestation of consummate arrogance coupled with profound ignorance. Unfortunately, evolutionists have been falling prey to this fallacy since the time of Charles Darwin. You presume that your childish logic can explain all of the mysteries of the universe, because you assume that no intelligence exists greater than your own.
How very strange is it that your god acted exactly how a primitive man thought and acted.
But to make it even more contrived the concept of god evolved exactly as mans ideals evolved.
Changing exactly how mans ideals changed and mirrored him throughout history.
You see you are arguing about the man in the mirror, god created man in his own image.
You see the man in the mirror? He created god. And the man in the mirror created you.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you admit its an educated guess.
By educated, I suppose you mean,informed, and by "very little" you must be referring to the consistent set of discoveries in the fossil record and the genome, along with independently corroborating evidence from lab experiments, embryology, genetic algorithms, atavisms, and so on.
You know, all that evidence that creationism did not even suspect existed and cannot explain away today, but evolution explains and in many cases predicted.
An educated guess trumps ignorance based on wishful thinking any day.
An educated guess is far removed from fact.

I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.

But to blindly follow evolution is very cult-like

Reminds me of the big bangists, scientologists and unitarians

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.
Why do you people continually get confused between proven science and hypothesis? Evolution is a fact, it is also an observation.
'the origin of life is STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.
There is only hypothesis and nothing concrete in this study, but educated guesses is all we have before the discovery and the theory that explains it all completely.
Which btw evolution has done quite well in doing so.
But origin, now that is a door that leads to many doors and no one is sure which set of doors is the right set of doors towards explaining it.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptists, Catholics, Methodists, Episcapalians, Chruch of God, Church of Christ...

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is science and science is not blindly followed, no matter how often you claim it is.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you people continually get confused between proven science and hypothesis? Evolution is a fact, it is also an observation.
'the origin of life is STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.
There is only hypothesis and nothing concrete in this study, but educated guesses is all we have before the discovery and the theory that explains it all completely.
Which btw evolution has done quite well in doing so.
But origin, now that is a door that leads to many doors and no one is sure which set of doors is the right set of doors towards explaining it.
There is a complete lack of fossil record

Some excavator finds a "Lucy" and starts to tell people that is a subhuman form of modern man and people fall for that crap.

No that is about as credible as the coming Ice Age or Global Warming.

A few centuries from now people will laugh at the idiocy of the common evolution belief system. It will be like the flat earth theory and the sun revolving around the sun theory.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Some excavator finds a "Lucy" and starts to tell people that is a subhuman form of modern man and people fall for that crap.
A few centuries from now people will laugh at the idiocy of the common evolution belief system. It will be like the flat earth theory and the sun revolving around the sun theory.
How cute.

You think that "Lucy" is the only Australopithecus afarensis fossil found, eh?

That's adorable!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who dug your fossilized brain up and chipped it out of the Flintstones movie?

Dumbass

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute.
That's adorable!
Of course she was not the first, nor by any means the last. It is amazing how many creationists think that there was only one "Lucy" found or one Homo erectus. Or even just one "Peking Man". Of course there is the first famous one found for any fossil species, that of course does not mean that many more cannot be found later.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you have no idea.
We know this since you said we couldn't demonstrate evolution and we did and now we're still waiting for you to come up with a coherent rebuttal.
Take your time teebag.
POP!!!!!!!!!!

You have more Ideas? Can we please hear them?

That Post just pops out and it really does so branches of Scientifics are being discussed hab=ve they been for eons too By Philosophy and their Creators of thought to what it must have been like to ponder on something hu, like a stumble for knowledge is that leap in gain ? A jump to pump up something a flow of generative means rather than to measure wouldn't you agree in that?

And to be honest I honestly do not recall right now if we have been already speaking to one and another or not..

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The theory of evolution is science and science is not blindly followed, no matter how often you claim it is.
Let me ask you what is it that defines Science to you as what Science means is KNOWLEDGE into different fields of what chemistry in BIO is as what is hazardous mixed that in with ECO-logy To what LAW in all of it is Physics to entitlements to elements...

As to matter I mean it is really all up and open to discuss variables into each sown each's own to one to concept...

To if there where no outer drive in force to preserve then Earth would not be a hovering a planet or a place to be speaking of...

As in To when something else of greater in meaning steps in is there not always a one to ver TOWERING that has a different view from where one is sitting...To a range of outlook and all...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Yeah it would be already shattered to know of floods and things...

Seems there's always still remains in much to doing for the World...

If one just think little Pluto blew his top off first and how long a span to calculate and Layers in breaking torn apart once they said someone could split the Ocean in two or did they mean land too, to what the water was holding and where they standing at shore bay at...What an to absolute time if one can lose minutes these days and then oh that went fast some time is given too...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Have you ever heard of this guy?

*Karl Raimund Popper* CH FBA FRS was an Austrian-British philosopher and professor at the London School of Economics. He is generally regarded as one of the greatest philosophers of science of the 20th century. Wikipedia

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute.
That's adorable!
it is so fun to their little minds first grasp these concepts...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who dug your fossilized brain up and chipped it out of the Flintstones movie?
Dumbass
Wonder if Tee has the feet of one too...

Maybe he's a traveler and maybe man made machine is nothing of a new to what is left of Fossil maybe they are adapted and are alive and sporing in mid air...spores?
Interesting to find and come across much of informative topics...

In biology, a spore is a unit of asexual reproduction that may be adapted for dispersal and for survival, often for extended periods of time, in unfavorable ...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Austria didn't know it was referred to as Austro?

Religion

Lutheranism (by christening)
Humanitarianism

and Agnosticism (as an adult)

That's some facts on that Professor...And I have no clue for what the initials are for in his description...

Another specie of a branch in Science?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

What makes you think of Active people?
Somewhere they must be still gatherings and shouts and roars to publicly be voicing things?

Oh wait that is happening right inhere...forgot...

Oh good then really what interrupts at times in life's meaning what becomes un-necessary hmmmmm

A scientist surely would have some Idea at least I mean and to consider what a Professor can do is to ask Qoestions of a class to further instill and to find someone that had some background of self observations into all and what can be seen...

Are you in a fish tank?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Karl Raimund Popper CH FBA FRS (28 July 1902 17 September 1994) was an Austrian-British philosopher and professor at the London School of Economics. He is generally regarded as one of the greatest philosophers of science of the 20th century. Popper is known for his rejection of the classical inductivist views on the scientific method, in favour of empirical falsification: A theory in the empirical sciences can never be proven, but it can be falsified, meaning that it can and should be scrutinized by decisive experiments. If the outcome of an experiment contradicts the theory, one should refrain from ad hoc manoeuvres that evade the contradiction merely by making it less falsifiable. Popper is also known for his opposition to the classical justificationist account of knowledge which he replaced with critical rationalism, "the first non justificational philosophy of criticism in the history of philosophy".In political discourse, he is known for his vigorous defence of liberal democracy and the principles of social criticism that he came to believe

Has anyone here studied under that man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••