Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112551 May 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is it!
Too right, Charles!! Enjoy your day!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112552 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the sudden expansion of the universe and is as far back as we can project.
Right now.
What do you think the Big Bang was?
Who knows?? Coulda been God BANGING one of His angels for all I care. I dunno.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112553 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been a hypocrite to the degree that creationists have.
I do not try to force idiocy upon others.
Well if I'M an IDIOT, then YOU must be the IDIOT of IDIOTS (LOL!!). Nah!! You're no idiot. You are very intelligent, actually. You just need to be steered in the right direction. Have a great day!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112554 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But creationists commonly try to claim that the Bible is flawless. Seriously when all of the evidence is against your beliefs why would you follow those beliefs?
Faith!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112555 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But evolution has no say about whether Christianity is right or wrong. Most Christians worldwide accept the theory of evolution. Evolution only tells us that the book of Genesis was a myth, but we already knew that before the theory of evolution was written.
They (the Theological Evolutionists) are heading down the wrong road.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112556 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to give the theory of evolution such power? It is not concerned with the purpose of life. It only explains how life got to the state that it is in now.
This where Creation trumps Evolution: In that NOT ONLY can it explain HOW life got here, BUT ALSO the WHY'S and WHEREFORE'S, too. You have EMOTIONS, right?? You laugh, you cry, you feel happy, sad, lonely, angry, peaceful, etc...Now let me ask you. How do things like emotions EVOLVE?? HOW is that possible?? You may think you came from apes, but I will always believe I was made in the image of God.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112557 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
See, there you go espousing idiocy.
The fact that Noah's Ark is a myth was known long before Darwin's time.
Fair enough, SZ. I am the class clown and the village idiot!! Hee!!Hee!!Hee!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112558 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, we know there was no flood. As you said all of that water would have left evidence behind. There is no evidence of a global flood. None at all.
O.Kay.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112559 May 3, 2014
Hi-ho, folks!! I guess I'd better move on I suppose. It was great debating with all you Evos and atheists out there in cyberspace. I believe Creation to be true because it gives humans reason for their existence upon this Earth, in this universe, and in the whole of God's creation. The Evos and atheists out there have a right to discredit the existence of God, but I won't believe them, so I will give them TWO provisos. 1: That they can produce SOMETHING out of NOTHING (something which only GOD could do); and 2: Produce a LIVING ORGANISM out of NON-LIVING (DEAD) matter (another thing only GOD could have accomplished). If THEY can achieve those two challenges, then I will GLADLY burn my Bible, relinquish Christianity then join the ranks of the atheists and Evos. Meanwhile, I'm quite happy where I am. God bless you all and BYE!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112560 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.
Every living thing dies, but everything does not have to end with a single individuals death.
Those that remain carry, on those plans. If you hadn't noticed that George Washington is dead, but we still have the US, despite his death.
If you think you were created to please your creator, you should go stroke your god, and maybe sit in his lap and purr or something instead of being here.
Maybe your creator will sit on you and when finished, pull your little arm.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112561 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, what the Bible called 'mountains' pre-Flood, were more like mounds rising only a few hundred meters high (at the highest peaks) before catastrophe occurred.
Prove that, show us the chapter and verses.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112562 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.
The ToE does not nor should not present a justification of an ultimate purpose for mankind. Our existence is part of the lifecycle of the planet, as is the lifecycles of spiders and bats.

"By him and FOR him"? How does that work? I get your take on "by him", but "for him" seems to be a bit of a stretch. You mean like entertainment?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112563 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> They (the Theological Evolutionists) are heading down the wrong road.
And what evidence do you have that supports this claim?

Earlier you tried to use "faith" as an answer. That is an incorrect use of faith. Faith means believing in God no matter what. The Bible is not God. The Bible has been shown to have many errors in it. It is not even the "word of God". It nowhere says that it is perfect and that you can take it literally.

So why are you?

Sao Paulo

#112564 May 3, 2014
OK, let's approach this one point at a time;
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>
...if you figure out the math regarding the Earth having only eight people on it 4,600 years ago, then even if you factor in the death count since then, the human pop living on this planet TODAY would be about 7-7.5 billion human beings.
And you would be wrong.
"If you figure out the math" No need to 'figure it out', it's a simple equation: P(1+r)^n, where P= Beginning population (in your case, 8, why 8 is beyond me, but OK), r represents the growth rate from a sample taken between years 1650 and 1800 (a period of low growth)), and n which represents the number of years to consider, in this case 4500). Plug in the numbers and you get P=22 million (i.e. current population). A little short. Also, not considering global catastrophes such as the Plague, etc.

And this is the formula Creationists use. But there is one little flaw. To reach 7 billion, they consider n=6100, where the 'beginning of humanity' started with Adam and Eve, overlooking that whole "let's wipe out the population with a flood and begin the population clock again with just 2 people (OK, 8) 4500 years ago".
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>
And also, either 1: You can believe water eroded the soil very incy-wincy, teeny-weeny bits at a time over BILLIONS of years...
Yes...
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>...or 2: You can go the other route which says the soil was eroded by a MASSIVE DELUGE of water within only a few weeks up to a few months.
Unlikely.
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather believe scenario #2.
Meaning you'd rather be wrong. But OK, your prerogative.

Sao Paulo

#112565 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Who knows?? Coulda been God BANGING one of His angels for all I care. I dunno.
Wow, does he do that?

Aren't you afraid of the consequences for spreading such blasphemy?

Key Phrase: "I dunno". We know that.

Sao Paulo

#112566 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
Hi-ho, folks!! I guess I'd better move on I suppose. It was great debating with all you Evos and atheists out there in cyberspace. I believe Creation to be true because it gives humans reason for their existence upon this Earth, in this universe, and in the whole of God's creation. The Evos and atheists out there have a right to discredit the existence of God, but I won't believe them, so I will give them TWO provisos. 1: That they can produce SOMETHING out of NOTHING (something which only GOD could do); and 2: Produce a LIVING ORGANISM out of NON-LIVING (DEAD) matter (another thing only GOD could have accomplished). If THEY can achieve those two challenges, then I will GLADLY burn my Bible, relinquish Christianity then join the ranks of the atheists and Evos. Meanwhile, I'm quite happy where I am. God bless you all and BYE!!
Good to know Noisy, you are passionate about your belief and that deserves respect. Thumbs up. Live long and prosper!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112567 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, what the Bible called 'mountains' pre-Flood, were more like mounds rising only a few hundred meters high (at the highest peaks) before catastrophe occurred.
You really don't >want< to have any idea what you are talking about, do you? Not only is it geologically false - to put it mildly, nothing you've said is in the Bible.

Gen 7:
17 "For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits." - NIV
Clearly, this alleges to every >high mountain< on Earth, not some abbreviated confabulation of modest desert dunes and outcroppings.
Do you (like creationists in general) somehow think that lying about your own holy book is getting you kudos from Jesus?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112568 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:

Translation: I lost and am going to run away now.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112570 May 3, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>LOOK at the pyramid towers that were built as altars and you may be on to a true knowledge that has been hidden. The evidence has been covered up and hidden for many hundreds of years, for one reason and the other. The ultimate goal should be the truth.
Hey Happy!!!
One would think that to become happy is a goal should be pushed by those that know happiness is...
Is part in all things that is True and so how about healing how we dare speak of it?
Is that too much connected with the SS ?
Maybe they should vaporize our atmosphere with some good ole Fashioned Skunk weed LOL...
Smelled one last Night...
To have smelled it once maybe is enough Happy yes and Truth
Pyramids? Is there anything written yet in it's truth to how they really were built??

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112571 May 3, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I lost and am going to run away now.
If someone's in need of a Crutch maybe they can send in the Topix Doctor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,640
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,771
Highs & Lows of 2014 8 min Wolftracks 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min black shuck 152,906
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Mega Monster 7,830
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 20 min whatimeisit 335
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 22 min black shuck 470
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 45 min Roxie Darling 26,030
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,793
More from around the web