Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112531 May 2, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> No, I don't agree with all of the Bible. But, then again, you don't disagree with all of the Bible either, so we're at a stalemate on that one. But I believe that the Good Book overall, has got it pretty much spot on. As a whole, it's cool with me.
But creationists commonly try to claim that the Bible is flawless. Seriously when all of the evidence is against your beliefs why would you follow those beliefs?
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112532 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, most atheists aren't into those faults. At least not to the extent that Christians are.
Perhaps you need some magic book to keep yourself in check, we don't feel that need.
Well, if you have kids of your own, wouldn't you steer them in the right direction as they grow up?? THEN, when they reach an age (usually from the age of 18 upwards) where THEY can decide what's right/wrong for them, you can let them go and do as they like. But for Xians like myself, I go by what the Bible says for the rest of my life.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112533 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't agree, you believe your spirit can have eternal life.
I said life can continue on, though we die our children can carry on.
There is no such thing as eternal life, that's your fantasy. It's not supported by anything other than a set of beliefs that require faith, not evidence to exist.
So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112534 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, if you have kids of your own, wouldn't you steer them in the right direction as they grow up?? THEN, when they reach an age (usually from the age of 18 upwards) where THEY can decide what's right/wrong for them, you can let them go and do as they like. But for Xians like myself, I go by what the Bible says for the rest of my life.
But evolution has no say about whether Christianity is right or wrong. Most Christians worldwide accept the theory of evolution. Evolution only tells us that the book of Genesis was a myth, but we already knew that before the theory of evolution was written.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112535 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.
Why are you trying to give the theory of evolution such power? It is not concerned with the purpose of life. It only explains how life got to the state that it is in now.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112536 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is the result of wearing out , or accident. Inevitability is the reason nothing can last forever. Not a human body, nor any source of energy. The whole biosphere preys upon itself
and for the most part in order for something to live, something must die.
The idea that death is because of mans disobedience to god is silly and a lie.
Little fish dies because of disobedience, ha ha ha. Little fish lives because of disobedience
would better describe what we see. You have the mentality of a totally brain washed bible nut.
Big fish dies for obeying god.....bites the hook.
"...for the most part, in order for something to live, something must die......". WELL.......HE (CHRIST) DIED, that WE may LIVE!! Are you SURE you're on the right side of this debate??
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112537 May 3, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The only probe you have is all the evidence.
I don't believe in the color green.
What evidence??
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112538 May 3, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can provide some physical evidence that it did not happen, while also explaining away the physical evidence that it did, rational people will take notice.
Otherwise the obvious answer will be assumed, and that is, you do not believe it because you do not want to, and you do not want to because you think accepting a non-biblical account will threaten your fantasy bribe of eternal life.
Evo: "No, I don't believe Creation ever happened". Creo: As soon as you can provide some physical evidence that it did not happen while also explaining away the physical evidence that it did, rational people will take notice. Ha!!Ha!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112539 May 3, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not possible. On another forum we have developed 11 refutations for the global flood. Not one of which seems assailable. The genetics alone make it impossible. Why is there a genetic bottleneck at 72k years in humans but not one at 4,500 years?
Why is there not a universal genetic bottleneck in ALL species at 4,500 years?
Why is there no material evidence of a global flood, ever?
I don't know where you got this 72,000 years piffle from, and also, as I've said earlier on, if you figure out the math regarding the Earth having only eight people on it 4,600 years ago, then even if you factor in the death count since then, the human pop living on this planet TODAY would be about 7-7.5 billion human beings. And also, either 1: You can believe water eroded the soil very incy-wincy, teeny-weeny bits at a time over BILLIONS of years, or 2: You can go the other route which says the soil was eroded by a MASSIVE DELUGE of water within only a few weeks up to a few months. I'd rather believe scenario #2.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112540 May 3, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There were mountains before the mythological flood. The bible even references them. Mt. Everest is over 50 million years old (minimum).
Well, what the Bible called 'mountains' pre-Flood, were more like mounds rising only a few hundred meters high (at the highest peaks) before catastrophe occurred.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112541 May 3, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Burpo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Came...
Perhaps you should look into things before you call others a troll, troll.
Oh, so now you're calling ME a troll?? Ha!!Ha!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112542 May 3, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Yeh!! That's what I said. Thanx Mike!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112543 May 3, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that isn't what the Big Bang theory claims, there is no issue.
<quoted text>
The BBT is about cosmology. Evolution is about biology. Totally different subjects. Evolution, as far as we know, is limited to the Earth: it is the only place we *know* there is life.
<quoted text>
That isn't what the SLoT actually says. It is a poor description of a simplification of the SLoT. In actuality, it is quite possible (even common) for complexity and order to be driven by entropy concerns. For example, the separation of oil and water is an increase of order that is consistent with SLoT. So is the formation of a crystal from a solution. Both represent increases of order and not a 'deterioration'(which is not even mentions in SLoT).
<quoted text>
NO deities are required to understand the universe.
So if there is MORE order by the separation of oil and water and also by the formation of a crystal from a chemical solution, then WHY can't we apply this principle to LIVING ORGANISMS?? THERE'S the ENDLESS LIFE you were looking for!! And ALL without faith in any God!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112544 May 3, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not very Bible-literate so excuse me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say somewhere that the flood 'covered the highest mountain tops'?
But then what would the definition of a mountain be back then - height-wise, that is??

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112545 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, what the Bible called 'mountains' pre-Flood, were more like mounds rising only a few hundred meters high (at the highest peaks) before catastrophe occurred.
See, there you go espousing idiocy.

The fact that Noah's Ark is a myth was known long before Darwin's time.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112546 May 3, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
is he some rag or something. thought I heard a rumor...
Ha!!Ha!!Ha!! LOL!! "Matt" (as in Matt Dillahunty, the atheist, you'll find hm on YouTube), is the bloke I was talking about. You're FUNNY, Tinka!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112547 May 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd gladly accept creationism if you were able to demonstrate it in an objective manner via the scientific method.
Stop whining and blaming others just because you got zip.(shrug)
<quoted text>
It's more shallow to think the universe was made as a test especially for you so you could exist forever in paradise.
<quoted text>
You won't get there. Zeus will zap your buttt for eternity.
<quoted text>
I don't care.(shrug)
<quoted text>
So instead of moving TRILLIONS of tons of mass in water worldwide, you're moving even MORE trillions of tons of mass in ROCK.
Therefore Noah still fried and we aren't even here to talk about it.
<quoted text>
Yeah but like I said, your opinion is irrelevant. If you had the opinion that you really saw someone fly like Superman your opinion would still be wrong.
You can't make the Earth as hot as the sun's surface and have anything survive. So if you're talking science, your opinions are plain wrong. If you're claiming Godmagic changed physics just so you could have a flood then you're not talking science and evidence doesn't matter.
<quoted text>
My opinions are every bit as valid as yours. But often I give facts instead of opinions, and facts ARE important whether any of us like it or not.
Reality is real no matter what your religious beliefs are.
Yes!! TRILLIONS of tons of water and rock WERE moved during the flood. Just look up your dictionary for the word CATASTROPHE. I would guess the Flood was, if anything, not only a physical purification, but also a spiritual cleansing of the Earth, to start anew again. And about you opinions, sure, you are entitled to them just like anyone else on this forum.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112548 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yes!! TRILLIONS of tons of water and rock WERE moved during the flood. Just look up your dictionary for the word CATASTROPHE. I would guess the Flood was, if anything, not only a physical purification, but also a spiritual cleansing of the Earth, to start anew again. And about you opinions, sure, you are entitled to them just like anyone else on this forum.
NO, we know there was no flood. As you said all of that water would have left evidence behind. There is no evidence of a global flood. None at all.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112549 May 3, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I know what the Bible says about false prophets.
It is fortunate for me that your opinion can easily be scraped off the bottom of my shoe.
I suppose when it comes down to it, you will enjoy shooting me or cutting me up along with all the atheists, heretics and wrong kinds of Christians. After all you know what the Lord is thinking.
I never knew that there was a wrong kind of Christian. It is fortunate that you can tell the difference when the slaughter begins.
Well, there ARE Christians out there who CLAIM they're CHRISTIANS. But the LORD knows your HEART. The great majority of Xians who THINK and BELIEVE they're Xians, will end up in HELLFIRE. You never know......I may very well be one of them, bro.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112550 May 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you fundies wish it on us all the time. You keep threatening our eternal souls for disagreeing with your baseless opinions you can't back up. And that's why we take you seriously as you do my threats of Zeus.
<quoted text>
Except it is a fact no-one on Earth has refuted it yet. I was not offering an opinion.
<quoted text>
So do we. So as I said you DON'T know more than we do. We have read your book and concluded it flawed.
<quoted text>
Sure, but that won't stop death. So forget about it and live life.
<quoted text>
Yet you accuse him of arrogance. I'm not arrogant because I back myself up with facts. You don't. Therefore YOU'RE like Matt. I'm like Dude. The Dude abides.
Abide with me.
<quoted text>
Yeah, sex is fun. Try it. Just remember to practise safe sex. Everything in moderation.
<quoted text>
Exactly.
<quoted text>
Except mathematicians have examined your claims and found them to be erroneous. Besides, if it WAS written by an awesome intelligence you'd think it would at LEAST be able to get the shape of the Earth consistent. It didn't.(shrug)
I'm getting tired of the halitosis exuding from your skanky, stinky mouth, bro. Hoo boy!! That breath of yours is LETHAL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 7 min Trouser Cough 40,763
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min whatimeisit 7,807
A six word game (Dec '08) 11 min Trouser Cough 18,049
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min wichita-rick 152,866
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 24 min DondoDork 7,404
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 36 min whatimeisit 6,919
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 44 min -Lea- 26,019
Is it possible to....... 50 min CJ Rocker 610
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,786
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 6 hr TALLYHO 8541 28